Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal (24884 Views)

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information / Labour Party Condemns hasty Decision On Fuel Subsidy, Liken Tinubu To Pharoah / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by bennybuhari: 6:12pm On Feb 24
Babachir Lawal, former secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), says the removal of the petrol subsidy by President Bola Tinubu was done out of “sheer arrogance”.

Speaking in a chat with TheCable, Lawal said the president’s hasty decision to announce the removal of the petrol subsidy on the day of his inauguration led to the hardship being experienced by Nigerians.

“I have a different view of what is happening today and I did say it on quite a few occasions that Bola Ahmed Tinubu exhibited an unimaginable degree of insensitivity and arrogance first, in the face of the Muslim- Muslim ticket and in some of the earlier decisions he has taken,” Lawal

“My view is that fuel subsidy removal was driven by a sense of arrogance. You are now sworn in and you believe that since you are now in charge, you can boss everybody around and you just announced the removal of fuel subsidy without due consultation.”

Lawal said Tinubu ought to have consulted widely and held a series of meetings with his cabinet members and other relevant stakeholders before announcing the removal of the subsidy.

He argued that the removal of subsidy is a monumental decision which may affect the lives of over 200 million Nigerians, either positively or negatively.

“My experience in life is that when you are going to take a monumental decision especially one that affects the lives of over 200 million people, you have to do wide consultations,” the former SGF said.

Taking such a spur-of-the-moment decision on that very important issue is very insensitive and probably, he (Tinubu) was ignorant of the challenges he was going to face.

“That was why everything came crashing down immediately after he was sworn in because of the removal of fuel subsidy.

“He ought to have waited, formed a cabinet, got every relevant person in place and held discussions among his advisers and the cabinet. By so doing, they will get alternative solutions to the removal of subsidy, whether or not it should be done.

“If they agree that subsidy must go, what are the actions that will be put in place to mitigate the negative outcomes? If the outcomes are positive, they will also consider how to maximise it. They will also list their options. If this happens, then we fall back on this".

"He has enough examples in the past to rely on. When (Sani) Abacha removed subsidy, he created the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) to channel the additional income into social development and everybody today knows the various projects undertaken by the PTF such as hospitals, schools, social services and so on.

“When (Olusegun) Obasanjo removed the subsidy and created SURE-P to renovate roads and carry out social services.

“I don’t understand how my friend Tinubu got this arrogance that he can do things radically different from others who were before him and get results.

“So, Tinubu is only reaping the benefits of his hasty decision and we are also reaping the benefits of putting in power somebody that works in a cavalier manner.”
https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reaping-benefits-of-his-hasty-decisions-says-babachir-lawal

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by successmatters(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24
Tinibu must have been watching all the interviews of Peter Obi throughout the campaigns and taking notes, he heard when Obi said that he will remove fuel subsidy, and like a poor student who copies from other brilliant students around him, he copied even the name and Reg number of Peter Obi grin

He didn't know that copying without sense is just senseless.

382 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Sassha(f): 6:14pm On Feb 24
Tinubu is not smart as we thought.

218 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Massiveglory: 6:21pm On Feb 24
I remember that day day vividly.
The ronu people there where busy clapping their hands and cheering with zero understanding of the Consequences.

Many of them who travelled to abuja became stranded as they could not afford the new transportation cost.
The fact is tinubu has nothing to offer.
He just grabbed and ran with the people's mandate.
What he did was expressly copy and paste peter obi

242 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Arobaga: 6:26pm On Feb 24
Very hasty I swear

E no reach 2secs dey swear you in you don carry mic fuel subsidy is over

From that second this fool was sworn in na same minute we begin see shege

He didn’t even allow us to enjoy the subsided fuel wey Buhari subsided till June ending

And una say Tinubu no be animal

229 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by successmatters(m): 6:29pm On Feb 24
Massiveglory:
I remember that day day vividly.
The ronu people there where busy clapping there hands not having understanding of the Consequences.

Many of them who travelled to abuja became stranded as they could not afford the new transportation cost.
The fact is tinubu has nothing to offer.

I was in Nigeria then, as soon as he made the announcement, I told everyone around me to convert their naira at 750/$. They are still thanking me till now.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by bennybuhari: 6:29pm On Feb 24
See where Emilokan has brought us

33 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Hezzyluv: 6:30pm On Feb 24
No proper consultations with his cabinet members, he didn't even form cabinet members before carelessly announcing subsidy removal.

Wetin be that one if no be arrogance

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Lovenorth: 6:30pm On Feb 24
Tinubu you either leave us rest or no resting place for you

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by owiko(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24
Man's just pressing multiple spoil left, right and centre with his policies.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Boondocxs(f): 6:30pm On Feb 24
To be honest his decision was too hasty
Like he was unprepared and didn’t think anything could go wrong

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Yankee101: 6:30pm On Feb 24
It’s called incompetence

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by temmyyem: 6:30pm On Feb 24
Stop listening to politicians and religious leaders, they are friends and one family.

Take practical steps to librate yourselves from grip of the demonic government and politicians. They are freemason and determined to keep the ancient Isrealite (the west african nations) in abject poverty.

9 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by 89green: 6:31pm On Feb 24
Babachir Lawal no see food chop, main reason why he is criticizing the Govt., not because he feels the pains of the masses.

Give am one office to hold, you will see the mumu going against the masses and saying all sorts of nonsense.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Xscape1993(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24
The drug master does not know what it takes to be a good leader. He does not have any leadership qualities apart from drug, forging and manipulation.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Richietech(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24
And we are all reaping the consequences of hasty decisions

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Cindypresh(f): 6:31pm On Feb 24
Kikikiki😂😂

Tinupoo is a disaster

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Racoon(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24
Sniffing white powder is not political sagacity

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Advancedman(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by reiddecuti: 6:32pm On Feb 24
Man doing everything to justify his incompetence.

Man doing everything to prove the Igbo's right when they said Tinubu just like Buhari is incompetent and a disaster.

Man doing everything to justify to Nigerians that weder "na statistics we go chop."

Man doing everything to justify to Nigerian that indeed, not winning the 2023 election on a land slide means that Nigerians never wanted him, in fact, he rigged himself into power by grabbing it, snatching it and running with it.

Man doing everything to prove to Nigerians that indeed he build Lagos and reaching the time for him to build Nigeria, cement finish, dollars began to change for #1900+, that's to say he never layed the foundation of Lagos not to talk of building it.

Man doing everything to prove to Nigerians that he's a definition of fraud and have nothing to contribute to Nigeria.

Finally, na the agbadorian that have sold their conscience and self worth by defending a physical failure I dey pity.

Let's keep enjoying the Nigeria of our dream until we all get sense by fire by force grin grin grin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24
See how the GBAJUE'S will celebrate and praise the comments of Lawal the grass cutting old man... grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by NairalandForumo: 6:32pm On Feb 24
PortHarcourtcit:
See how the GBAJUE'S will celebrate and praise the comments of Lawal the grass cutting old man... grin

89green:
Babachir Lawal no see food chop, main reason why he is criticizing the Govt., not because he feels the pains of the masses.

Give am one office to hold, you will see the mumu going against the masses and saying all sorts of nonsense.

What both of you should be more concerned about is if Babachir Lawal is saying the truth, didn't he say the truth, deal with the truth...

Back to topic:

Tinubu is like a thief who stole a trailer because of the goods inside it but doesn't know how to drive the trailer, he either gets an experienced trailer driver or return the trailer with the goods back to the owner

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Walai(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24
The druggie is a disgrace to the Yoruba nation.
It's officially on record that SW gave us the worst President ever in this country.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Reelmii: 6:33pm On Feb 24
grin
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by nedekid: 6:33pm On Feb 24
Sassha:
Tinubu is not smart as we thought.
He is smart but in the underground ways. Ie arrangee, wayo, dealman, guyman settings.

39 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Ollymaye2412: 6:33pm On Feb 24
If you er blessed I will beg you to plz bless me with anything... thank u so much jazakumullahu khairan 6119232387 bank opay thanks alot
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by GindoX(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reaping-benefits-of-his-hasty-decisions-says-babachir-lawal

What's this one saying,, na him dey reap wetin? He's enjoying, na the poor masses dey reap am.... No matter bad the economy be, he can never feel am.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by zoedew: 6:34pm On Feb 24
This corrupt grass cutter! If he lived in the P.R.C. he should have executed long ago for corruption. Shameless man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by NaijaSumigan: 6:34pm On Feb 24
A
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by hurryup123(m): 6:35pm On Feb 24
4+4

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by badoh(m): 6:35pm On Feb 24
Here comes the Man who stole government fund, hence his suspension by Buhari. Babachir has no moral right to criticize any govt because he was part of those that wreck Nigerian economy.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Kebbi, As Jonathan Visits Emir / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed / Nobody Can Withstand My Slaps, Police Legal Officer Boasts Before Osun Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.