Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure (21886 Views)

Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria / ECOWAS Parliament Backs Nigeria’s Border Closure / PLO Lumumba On Border Closure: 'Nigeria Too Big To Be Threatened By Benin' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
RichDad1:

Na dem. Wailers incorporated.

Meanwhile the wailers think I am a zombie.

Stop supporting PDP and APC. They are the same.

1 Like

Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by OgbanjeProphet: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
The border closure is a good decision but then, the end result and what we stand to gain eventually is what we're still waiting anxiously to see. Sometimes the fact that a policy is good doesn't translate to creating desired results unless proper strategic steps and decisions are made to back it up!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details

Despite all d drugs that are smuggled into d US from Mexico, d US didn't close its border to Mexico. Instead it improved d capacity of its customs officers to stop any attempt by anyone to smuggle things out of or into d US.

2 Likes

Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by mamaafrik(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Fear anything IMF talk say them like you to do
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:
only good thing Buhari has done

MTN user's check your message inbox

How's it a good thing
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Chai!! Nyamuri flat.heads won't like this! Their RadioBiafra statistics goes contrary to this grin

How can IMF say this after ibo gave Donald trumps 60% votes

Tribalism is really eating deep in you.
Before you get to realize it, it might be too late.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
9jii:
Nigeria cannot afford to do big brother again, at least not at this time.

How is closing d border going to prevent Nigeria from doing big brother?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by mamaafrik(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Despite all d drugs that are smuggled into d US thru Mexico, d US didn't close its border to Mexico. Instead it improved d capacity of its customs officers to stop any attempt by anyone to smuggle things out of or into d US.
easy Uncle,the wall Trump was proposing is to cut which country.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

How's it a good thing
according to what I know more export and lower import improve the economic na

so The border closure Will reduce import
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

The world did not definitely move to smuggling which illegal and unacceptable. It breeds

Why smuggling?

Fuel is smuggled because when Benin without fuel subsidy is selling fuel at 290 per liter, why won't someone buy fuel in Nigeria at 145 and sell across the border?

Also, when government does not expand port facilities, and when the customs is so corrupt, why don't people smuggle?

Na you wey vote for.change.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

The world did not definitely move to smuggling which illegal and unacceptable. It breeds

There's no border in d world where people do not attempt to smuggle. Borders aren't closed because of smuggling. Or maybe u are saying d closure will make d smugglers repent & when d border is reopened, they won't smuggle again cos buhari punished them by closing d border
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Chai!! Nyamuri flat.heads won't like this! Their RadioBiafra statistics goes contrary to this grin

How can IMF say this after ibo gave Donald trumps 60% votes
yet another mentally challenged Fulani trying hard to distub the south

still wondering how you have access to the internet despite your low level of reasoning..

it really amaze me
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by 9jii(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

How is closing d border going to prevent Nigeria from doing big brother?
Please you can't understand national issues, jus stick to your watching BBnaija, soccer n other nonsense
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:

according to what I know more export and lower import improve the economic na

so The border closure Will reduce import

If that was d objective, then d govt can as well stop all imports from land and sea. Am sure that will reduce import& further improve d economy
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
Oh no. IMF is an enemy out to destroy Africa;
If your enemy suddenly supports your policy, you should re-check the policy and find out if you re on the right path. Or what is their motive for offering public support.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Stalwert: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Why smuggling?

Fuel is smuggled because when Benin without fuel subsidy is selling fuel at 290 per liter, why won't someone buy fuel in Nigeria at 145 and sell across the border?

Also, when government does not expand port facilities, and when the customs is so corrupt, why don't people smuggle?

Na you wey vote for.change.

Lol grin grin he calls customs corrupt but calls smuggling honesty and integrity na wa for Atiku is cumming
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
9jii:

Please you can't understand national issues, jus stick to your watching BBnaija, soccer n other nonsense

Since u understand national issues, I am surprised that u can't even attempt d slightest explanation of d so called national issues. Would I b wrong to say u no nothing on d subject u are flaunting?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

If that was d objective, then d govt can as well stop all imports from land and sea. Am sure that will reduce import& further improve d economy
true oooo that means The government have a secondary plan
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stalwert:

Lol grin grin he falls customs corrupt but calls smuggling honesty and integrity na wa for Atiku is cumming

I'm not a PDP supporter, nor do I back APC.

They are one and the same
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Stalwert: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

There's no border in d world where people do not attempt to smuggle. Borders aren't closed because of smuggling. Or maybe u are saying d closure will make d smugglers repent & when d border is reopened, they won't smuggle again cos buhari punished them by closing d border

There is no border in the world that a entire country actively encourages smuggling because it enriches its corrupt establishment and expects it's neighbour to jubilate.

There is no country in the world when it's called citizen actively support subversive activities against their own country.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:
true oooo that means The government have a secondary plan

B4 talking of secondary plan, what is d primary plan? Is there any?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Stalwert: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

I'm not a PDP supporter, nor do I back APC.

They are one and the same

So says the man who supports smuggling, an Atiku past time.
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

B4 talking of secondary plan, what is d primary plan? Is there any?

to stop smuggling
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stalwert:

There is no border in the world that a entire country actively encourages smuggling because it enriches its corrupt establishment and expects it's neighbour to jubilate.

There is no country in the world when it's called citizen actively support subversive activities against their own country.

How is d attempted smuggling of drugs into d US from Mexico handled? Is it by closing d borders? How is d attempted smuggling of illicit goods into various countries in d world handled? Is it by closing borders? What is d job of d Nigerian customs service?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:

to stop smuggling

Stop smuggling of what?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stalwert:

So says the man who supports smuggling, an Atiku past time.

No, I support economic policies that would leave us impervious to smuggling and make it difficult for the smuggler.

Like if we remove fuel subsidy, not only would smuggling of petrol have no rationale, but it would eventually lead to more jobs and savings which can be reinvested into education, transport, etc.

Also, if we increased no of ports, and ended corruption in the ports, who needs to.go.to.cotonu.

You are happily chopping money, which is why you see me as a PDP supporter. Which I ain't.

Sorry to disappoint you

And your government needs to sit up. PDP was a disappointment. APC is just turning out to be like them
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Stop smuggling of what?
I nor know oooo na Wetin I hear oo
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:

to stop smuggling

Do u think people don't smuggle or attempt to smuggle things thru airports and sea ports?
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by buhariguy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

How has buhari done better than obj& GEJ with regards to d economy?
their only achievement was to sabotage the economy by creating jobs for other countries through importing what we can produce here
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by lexy2014: 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
ken6488:

I nor know oooo na Wetin I hear oo

That means there's no primary plan
Re: IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure by ken6488(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Do u think people don't smuggle or attempt to smuggle things thru airports and sea ports?
Yea true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria / 36 Governors Agree To End Nomadic Cattle Rearing / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.