Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,576 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. (2363 Views)

My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / An Irrefutable Evidence For God Specially Meant For The Atheists And Agnostics / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
the process of proofreading is a work of years of several errors to finally get a particular protein (DNA polymerase) that has the ability to replicate DNA and check for error. DNA polymerase is not even perfect, if an intelligent designer makes such then I don’t see him to be very intelligent.

Do you have any scientific evidence to prove that proofreading process in a living cell came to exist by trial and error operating for many years ?

If a living cell came to exist without the proofreading process of its DNA, then mutations would never allow such a cell to replicate before it would die and decay.

Besides, is it possible for intelligence to originate from a process of chance ? Give an example of this possibility from our physical world

nwabekeyi:

The proofreading process of the enzyme is not 100% accurate, this little errors makes sure that genetic variation is attained hence a more diversified genetic pool. The inaccurate nature of DNA polymerase is the core basis for mutation and accumulated mutation over thousands and millions of years is the basis for evolution.

Almost all animals have their corresponding males and females whose their REPRODUCTIVE STRUCTURES are complex but perfectly matched with each other

For example, while male ducks have corkscrew-shaped phalluses, female ducks have anti-corkscrew-shaped vaginal tracts.

Again, while male blue whale has the largest phallus throughout the animal kingdom, female blue whale has the largest vaginal tract.

If different sets of reproductive structures found in all these animals were created by a process of chance (i:e by accumulated random mutations), then there is no way for different set of male and female reproductive structures to be COMPATIBLE with each other in terms of ; i. SHAPE, ii. SIZE and iii. FUNCTION.

Are we to believe that as the phallus of a male duck gradually change to become corkscrew in shape by a process of chance, then vaginal tract of a female duck also gradually change in a CORRESPONDING manner to become anti-corkscrew in shape by another process of chance ?

Again, are we to believe that as the phallus of a male blue whale increases in size gradually and gradually by a process of chance , the vaginal tract of the female blue whale also increases in size gradually and gradually in a CORRESPONDING manner by another process of chance ?

Can two independent processes of chance (random mutations) work toward the same goal over millions of years ?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Do you have any scientific evidence to prove that proofreading process in a living cell came to exist by trial and error operating for many years ?

If a living cell came to exist without the proofreading process of its DNA, then mutations would never allow such a cell to replicate before it would die and decay.

Besides, is it possible for intelligence to originate from a process of chance ? Give an example of this possibility from our physical world

Almost all animals have their corresponding males and females whose their REPRODUCTIVE STRUCTURES are complex but perfectly matched with each other

For example, while male ducks have corkscrew-shaped phalluses, female ducks have anti-corkscrew-shaped vaginal tracts.

Again, while male blue whale has the largest phallus throughout the animal kingdom, female blue whale has the largest vaginal tract.

If different sets of reproductive structures found in all these animals were created by a process of chance (i:e by accumulated random mutations), then there is no way for different set of male and female reproductive structures to be COMPATIBLE with each other in terms of ; i. SHAPE, ii. SIZE and iii. FUNCTION.

Are we to believe to that as the phallus of a male duck gradually change to become corkscrew in shape by a process of chance, then vaginal tract of a female duck also gradually change in a CORRESPONDING manner to become anti-corkscrew in shape by another process of chance ?

Again, are we to believe that as the phallus of a male blue whale increases in size gradually and gradually by a process of chance , the vaginal tract of the female blue whale also increases in size gradually and gradually in a CORRESPONDING manner by another process of chance ?

Can two independent processes of chance (random mutations) work toward the same goal over millions of years ?
Is this intelligent designer also Responsible for cancer and about 4000+ genetic disorders?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Is this intelligent designer also Responsible for cancer and about 4000+ genetic disorders?

The major causes of these genetic disorders are mutations. Therefore, the fact that most mutations are DAMAGING to the organisms implies that mutations can NEVER be a source of raw materials for evolution. Of course, a process which proves itself to be DESTRUCTIVE can never be a CONSTRUCTIVE process.

That is to say with thousands example of HARMFUL mutations readily available, surely, it should be possible to describe some positive mutations if macroevolution is true.

This is exactly the fact God wants to prove to all atheists and evolutionists for allowing such abnormalities to occur.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

The major causes of these genetic disorders are mutations. Therefore, the fact that most mutations are DAMAGING to the organisms implies that mutations can NEVER be a source of raw materials for evolution. Of course, a process which proves itself to be DESTRUCTIVE can never be a CONSTRUCTIVE process.

That is to say with thousands example of HARMFUL mutations readily available, surely, it should be possible to describe some positive mutations if macroevolution is true.

This is exactly the fact that God wants to prove to all atheists and evolutionists for allowing such abnormalities to occur.
who designed the disorders?
Does that seem intelligent to you?

God designed abnormalities, lol...

God of abnormalities cheesy
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

This is exactly the fact God wants to prove to all atheists and evolutionists for allowing such abnormalities to occur.

Your god allows children to be born deformed to prove that it exists? And you want us to worship this capricious being?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
who designed the disorders?
Does that seem intelligent to you?

God designed abnormalities, lol...

God of abnormalities cheesy
God designed the disorders in order to prove to you that evolution by random mutations is IMPOSSIBLE
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
God designed the disorders in order to prove to you that evolution by random mutations is IMPOSSIBLE
How can we test for God?
Did he just tell you that he made it so?

If he designed those things then he must be a bad designer.

How can he make people suffer for his errors, I thought he was described to be perfect?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
How can we test for God?
Did he just tell you that he made it so?

If he designed those things then he must be a bad designer.

How can he make people suffer for his errors, I thought he was described to be perfect?

If a bad designer design your brain for thinking, then your thinking faculty has to be badly designed. Therefore, how can you use such a thinking faculty to arrive at the truth ?

Similarly, if it is evolution by random mutations through natural selection that designed your brain for thinking, then how can you trust your thinking faculty to arrive at the truth because natural selection ONLY aims for survival and reproduction. It can never aims for the truth.

Have you now seen that you can never rely on your thinking faculty to prove that my God is TRULY a bad designer.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
How
Abdulgaffar22:

If a bad designer design your brain for thinking, then your thinking faculty has to be badly designed. Therefore, how can you use such a thinking faculty to arrive at the truth ?

Similarly, if it is evolution by random mutations through natural selection that designed your brain for thinking, then how can you trust your thinking faculty to arrive at the truth because natural selection ONLY aims for survival and reproduction. It can never aims for the truth.

Have you now seen that you can never rely on your thinking faculty to prove that my God is TRULY a bad designer.
how can he design my brain in such way that I won’t believe in him?

He’s such a bad designers
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwabekeyi:
How how can he design my brain in such way that I won’t believe in him?

He’s such a bad designers

You choose not to believe in Him. You have seen the evidence of copying and proofreading of information in a living cell but your prejudice would never allow you to accept Him.

If your brain is a product of unguided processes of evolution, then how can you trust your thinking faculty to give you the truth ? Don't you see that everything you know would become doubtful if no intelligent being design your brain for the purpose of thinking ? This means that your faculty of thinking is just a BY PRODUCT of evolution.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by DeOTR: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
...the universe...the miracle of life.
It baffles me that people who knows how to calculate simple probability are the ones denying an intelligent design.
The probability that our world with all it's complexities, is a product of randomness is far less than impossible.
Someone was even saying the process went through trials and errors before perfection.
Sorry! The first error will put an end to the whole process if there's no Intelligent Being behind it.

The fact that these so-called atheists won't cease to remind us that there's no God anywhere is a testament to His existence.
I mean, if you say there's no God, you're right! Can we all go back to what we were doing?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

You choose not to believe in Him. You have seen the evidence of copying and proofreading of information in a living cell but your prejudice would never allow you to accept Him.

If your brain is a product of unguided processes of evolution, then how can you trust your thinking faculty to give you the truth ? Don't you see that everything you know would become doubtful if no intelligent being design your brain for the purpose of thinking ? This means that your faculty of thinking is just a BY PRODUCT of evolution.
Well, I still no don’t think any intelligent designer exist
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Well, I still no don’t think any intelligent designer exist

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flagellum_base_diagram-en.svg
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flagellum_base_diagram-en.svg
i seriously think you still don’t understand the concept of evolution
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
i seriously think you still don’t understand the concept of evolution

See the complexity of the flagellum used by bacteria for locomotion. It is made up of over 600 protein complexes. Can all those complex parts ( which resemble mechanical parts of a complex machine designed by human engineer) be ASSEMBLE by unconscious and unintelligent natural process like evolution?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

See the complexity of the flagellum used by bacteria for locomotion. It is made up of over 600 protein complexes. Can all those complex parts ( which resemble mechanical parts of a complex machine designed by human engineer) be ASSEMBLE by unconscious and unintelligent natural process like evolution?
answer this simple question.

What do you understand by evolution?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
answer this simple question.

What do you understand by evolution?

This is a definition of evolution;
a gradual change in the characteristics of a population of animals or plants over successive generations:

But the MECHANISM that would allow this changes to occur is the major problem with the theory of evolution.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

This is a definition of evolution;
a gradual change in the characteristics of a population of animals or plants over successive generations:

But the MECHANISM that would allow this changes to occur is the major problem with the theory of evolution.
wait let’s take is slowly, we are getting somewhere.

Now I know you understand the key words “population” and “successive generations”.

Have you heard of the rare HIV resistant gene CCR5 delta 32?
Do you know some people are even resistant to HIV?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
wait let’s take is slowly, we are getting somewhere.

Now I know you understand the key words “population” and “successive generations”.

Have you heard of the rare HIV resistant gene CCR5 delta 32?
Do you know some people are even resistant to HIV?

Yes, it is possible
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes, it is possible
ok Good, we need to follow the definition of evolution squarely now.

If we have a “population” of 1000 humans and 2 posses the HIV resistant gene, assuming one of them gets infected with HIV and this population of humans started having sex randomly without any scientific intervention in form of prevention and treatments, I’m sure we both agree that over some time, the HIV would have successfully spread across the population accept from those two individual that are resistant to it, do we?
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
ok Good, we need to follow the definition of evolution squarely now.

If we have a “population” of 1000 humans and 2 posses the HIV resistant gene, assuming one of them gets infected with HIV and this population of humans started having sex randomly without any scientific intervention in form of prevention and treatments, I’m sure we both agree that over some time, the HIV would have successfully spread across the population accept from those two individual that are resistant to it, do we?

Yes, I agree
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes, I agree
ok, Good
Knowing fully well that those who are infected without medical intervention will die and that will reduce their chances of passing their HIV non-resistant genes to the next generation, even if they do, that gene won’t survive and again knowing that only those who have the resistant gene will have the superior advantage to mate and pass their genes. what do you think will happen over “generations” as regard the population’s resistance to HIV?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 9:10am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
ok, Good
Knowing fully well that those who are infected without medical intervention will die and that will reduce their chances of passing their HIV non-resistant genes to the next generation, even if they do, that gene won’t survive and again knowing that only those who have the resistant gene will have the superior advantage to mate and pass their genes. what do you think will happen over “generations” as regard the population’s resistance to HIV?

The population of those with resistant gene will increase.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

The population of those with resistant gene will increase.
ok good.

Going by the definition of evolution you presented:
a gradual change in the characteristics (resistance to HIV) of a population (1000) of animals or plants over successive generations (of course this will happen over several generation of mating).

Note that this change in characteristics only occurred in the white blood cells gene pool in this context of HIV resistance. It’s like a micro evolution of WBC that is affecting a human population resistance to HIV.

Can we now say that this population of humans over time has evolved to acquire resistance to HIV Or not?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
ok good.

Going by the definition of evolution you presented:
a gradual change in the characteristics (resistance to HIV) of a population (1000) of animals or plants over successive generations (of course this will happen over several generation of mating).

Note that this change in characteristics only occurred in the white blood cells gene pool in this context of HIV resistance. It’s like a micro evolution of WBC that is affecting a human population resistance to HIV.

Can we now say that this population of humans over time has evolved to acquire resistance to HIV Or not?

Yes
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes
now put this into perspectives:
You will agree with me that evolution cannot occur in just one organism, it requires a “population of organism” which must have variable genes. We all know that the variable genes results from crossing of chromosomes during meiosis and the inaccurate nature of DNA polymerase. This variation is necessarily because it diversifies the genetic pool hence gives a population of organism a better chance of survival in a constantly changing environment (not just one organism).

In the case of the example we gave, if all the individuals in the 1000 population have the same genetic make up (I.e no variation) and none has the HIV resistant gene, the specie will go extinct because they will not be able to adapt to the presence of HIV. But because variation happens by the virtue of the imperfection of DNA polymerase proofreading system, the specie has a better chance of survival this change (HIV infection).

Now see it in another perspective: HIV itself evolved from another Virus, it changed everything on how humans are going to respond to it. Without medical intervention, The virus will force human population to evolve into having a population with majority having the HIV resistant gene or go into extinct.

Again, evolution cannot happen in one organism, it happens in population of organisms that posses diverse genetic pool. The statement “variation in gene of a population” is very important in understanding evolution. It doesn’t occur in a single organism.

Hope you have started seeing it from my own point of view.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes
now look at it in another perspective, what if a particular population of organism doesn’t have a gene in their gene pool thy can survive a particular changed environment?

Your guess is as good as mine, that population will be extinct.
This explains the numerous fossils analyzed by scientists. Over the years, the earth’s environmental condition has been changing, the variation of specie’s genetic makeup gives them chance to adapt to this constantly changing environment, it cannot work with just one organism in the specie. If they lack that gene within the population that will enable them adapt to certain environment at any point, the specie goes extinct, they become extinct fossils for future organisms to study.

Let me give you another scenario that will make you understand this better, a population of staphylococcus areus in a Petri dish will grow well until for example a methicillin is introduced, the growth will start reducing until all those bacteria who doesn’t have the methicillin resistant gene are all dead. Immediately they are gone, growth starts again irrespective of the amount of methicillin you introduce. You already have a methicillin resistant strain to deal with, they have simply adapted and evolution of a certain protein has occurred.

The bacteria methicillin scenario is homologous to that of the Human HIV case study.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 10:41am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
now look at it in another perspective, what if a particular population of organism doesn’t have a gene in their gene pool thy can survive a particular changed environment?

Your guess is as good as mine, that population will be extinct.
This explains the numerous fossils analyzed by scientists. Over the years, the earth’s environmental condition has been changing, the variation of specie’s genetic makeup gives them chance to adapt to this constantly changing environment, it cannot work with just one organism in the specie. If they lack that gene within the population that will enable them adapt to certain environment at any point, the specie goes extinct, they become extinct fossils for future organisms to study.

Let me give you another scenario that will make you understand this better, a population of staphylococcus areus in a Petri dish will grow well until for example a methicillin is introduced, the growth will start reducing until all those bacteria who doesn’t have the methicillin resistant gene are all dead. Immediately they are gone, growth starts again irrespective of the amount of methicillin you introduce. You already have a methicillin resistant strain to deal with, they have simply adapted and evolution of a certain protein has occurred.

The bacteria methicillin scenario is homologous to that of the Human HIV case study.

Honestly, I grasped the message you're trying to pass across.

However, all what you have explained so far is what we described as micro evolution. Intelligent design proponents do not dispute the fact of micro evolution.

What they are saying is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for this scenario of micro evolution to lead to macroevolution like ;

1. Evolution of the FIRST functional male and female

2. Evolution of completely NEW organ or system.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

However, all what you have explained so far is what we described as micro evolution. Intelligent design proponents do not dispute the fact of micro evolution.

What they are saying is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for this scenario of micro evolution to lead to macroevolution like ;

you don’t still get it, there’s actually nothing like micro or macro evolution.

Everything I have explained describes how evolution happens in both unicellular or multicellular organism. I don’t know how the word micro and macro came in.

With that explanation, it is clear that evolution is very possible in all forms of life. I can still give you various examples on how evolution can actually answer your questions but you have to build upon these explanations I have given you.

With this basics, time can make anything happen, as long as life keeps adapting and evolving, it can yield anything if you give it enough time. It has no purpose. Just try and think about constant changing environments and organisms trying to adapt to them over billions of years, the answers will come to you.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:

if you have any other specific question I can help you to my best of knowledge but saying evolution is total hoax is will only come from lacking the basis upon which it works. Evolution is real and it’s happening right now.
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Abdulgaffar22: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2019
nwabekeyi:
you don’t still get it, there’s actually nothing like micro or macro evolution.

Everything I have explained describes how evolution happens in both unicellular or multicellular organism. I don’t know how the word micro and macro came in.

With that explanation, it is clear that evolution is very possible in all forms of life. I can still give you various examples on how evolution can actually answer your questions but you have to build upon these explanations I have given you.

With this basics, time can make anything happen, as long as life keeps adapting and evolving, it can yield anything if you give it enough time. It has no purpose. Just try and think about constant changing environments and organisms trying to adapt to them over billions of years, the answers will come to you.
please give the examples
Re: My Greatest Irrefutable Evidence For The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2019
Abdulgaffar22:
please give the examples
what examples specifically?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brokeness: A Necessity For All Christians / Dealing With Demon Power Assigned Against You / Image Of Head Of Biblical Goliath Being Exhumed Leaks On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.