Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63324 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Fallenhunter: 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
Isinweke:

The Indians, Pakistanis and Europeans control Kenyan's Economy,
South African economy is controlled by White people like the Dutch, English, Indians and Chinese people.
These people controlling their economy are full citizens of Kenya and South Africa,
You can't say the same to West Africa. you will hardly see another race being citizen of any West African country.

The Egyptians and Morocco are doing good because they are homogeneous in Ethnicity and Religion so there will be less corruption

To me the Giant should be Ethiopia, they are doing great even though they are landlocked,
The Europeans made sure they are land-lock

Kenya's economy is controlled by Kenyans. There is massive middle class in Kenya just as there is here. Yes Indians, Pakistanis, Lebanese, Chinese etc have set up several business in Kenya owing to policies favoring FDI and ease of doing business but they hire black Kenyans and create jobs spurring economic growth. Look at Zimbabwe and Uganda. They chased all their foreigners out and suffered economically for years.

South Africa is controlled heavily by whites due to apartheid. However, black income and share in the economy has steadily been growing.

Egypt is highly highly corrupt with the military controlling 40% of the economy. also Egypt is not religously or economically homogeneous. Read about their many ethnic groups. They also have 10% christians among them.

Morocco is more homogeneous but their economy is not very spectacular. They just have a small population and have leveraged their economy and cultural offerings well to the point where they make 20% of their gdp from tourism alone.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
You are confused. stop quoting me foolishly, back off , if you have nothing to tell me.

uhhhhh....see me see fun,look at this ghanaian....

ekabo....
kiiiikikikiki....

now you have my full attention....
keep talkin....

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by joeGH: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
pokuasi:
come to Ghana and see hunger with your own eyes.. their girls as young as 10 are getting pregnancy in an industrial scale due to hunger.. in cape coast, the effect of hunger is so much that a girl can give you her body so long as you give her one cedi to buy kenkey
A nigerian talking about hunger; a country that considers Gari - mixed- with water - and- allowed - to - dry (eba) as a major staple n traditional meal... no wonder ur compatriots who come to Ghana hardly want to ever return to Nigeria. Nxt time before talking about hunger consider what ur pot brews.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Area4Area: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
Lol.... behold me , even some of Nigeria investor prefer Accra a city with a population of three million than Nigerian second ties city like ibadan or kano with average population of 6 million to 18 million respectively..... Nigeria big investors knows there money and buisness are more safe in Ghana than Any second ties city of Nigeria ....

Ghana remains Nigeria’s largest trade partner and favourite investment hub in the West Africa sub-region, as Ghana imports the largest share of all Nigerian oil exports in the West African sub-region. So Ghana is not a country that can be treated like benin and others. the reason for the temporary corridor.

Who is still crying over the border closure is the question.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Area4Area: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
Again, comparatively production is diffrent from export capabilities. Nigeria produce more yam but you export very little . export buisness is more lucrative than domestic consumption. Ghana export far more yam and make more money on yam export than Nigeria.

so learn the empty barrel lier
India is the largest producer of rice and same time second largest importer because of her population, China is the second largest producer but the largest importer.
We use what we produce unlike Ghana that exports everything and would still import everything.
Population is power and Nigeria has it

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Area4Area: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
stagger:

Why should we export yam when there is a local demand for it?
I wonder how some reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Area4Area: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
Because Nigeria averagely produce more yam than locally demanded .Again exporting of yams is more lucrative than domestic consumption.....
So we must export everything and keep people hungry, no wonder Benin, Togo, Niger, Cameroon and Ghana are finding it tough with the border closure.
They produce nada but only relying on Nigeria for survival by smuggling into Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
Area4Area:
India is the largest producer of rice and same time second largest importer because of her population, China is the second largest producer but the largest importer.
We use what we produce unlike Ghana that exports everything and would still import everything.

can you imagine,they were trying for years now to tell us numbers doesnt matter....

how is 4hands not better than only 2....??

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
Area4Area:
So we must export everything and keep people hungry, no wonder Benin, Togo, Niger, Cameroon and Ghana are finding it tough with the border closure.
They produce nada but only relying on Nigeria for survival by smuggling into Nigeria

this is behaviour patterns of a parasite....!!

rudely said....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by 7lives: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
khalids:

You are still here making noise with all this your useless statistics.
like i told you in an earlier thread

we are happy for you...Ghana is great. So leave us alone, we have closed our border, close your own too, no need for all this long story and explanation.

To be friend no be by force......and when you are done close your Nairaland account and go and open Ghanaland account.

Thank you as you close the door behind you

Ijamba se ole, oni ile ta ji.
Yawa don gas for robber, the owner of the house don wake up.
Man on fire, Nigeria became a laughing stock because our leaders don't even care, thank God every dem don dey soji.
Imagine the noisy neighbor saying we should open our door or else he will do and undo.
That boader will remain shut until all our youths are gainfully employed.
God bless you bro.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by JonDon12: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nigerians and Buhari are very stupid. This move is only a plan to bolster his political appointees. Everybody knows Customs na Hausa people full am. The peons are Ibo and Yoruba but the top dogs are hausa. This Border closure is just a money grab to steal money by this FG
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by 7lives: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Afamed:

Don't be an hypocrite. Every land border is closed including the ones in the North. Listen to Radio and watch TVs news. The border closure has nothing to do with tribe or any religion

Don't mind the guy, he is probably a smuggler.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by 7lives: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
RTSC:
I still don't know why past governments did not target those companies previously in Nigeria that left for Ghana.
Most of them insulted us by still exporting to Nigeria from Ghana.

The moment they left, we should have made it a covert national and regional policy that those companies die a natural death.

9ja got brains, wa gba iyi

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by joeGH: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
dederocs:

I hope you look at the market numbers, and the difference between a Nigerian and Ghanian, we are go-getters, Ghanians are laid back...you can't be what you ain't...the land size to population ratio thing is senseless, it does not give you any real advantage. , Nigeria has the most fertile lands, and more resources than Ghana,On your gold resources, Anglo gold gives your government less than 15%, you guys live on aids, google it and see for yourself, Nigeria FG receives no foreign direct aid, unlike Ghana gets yearly from the US, we help other nations, you see what am saying, Ghana is dependent on aids to survive, so stop comparing yourself to Nigeria, deal with Togo. let's talk numbers, market indices and influence, not nonsense talk.
U help other nations??.. Did u jux say that; are those ur words...my brother repackage... How can u provide "help" to other countries,the same "help" u re in dying need of...How can u give something u don't av... In fact, ur country is big for nothing on this our continent n also the number one woe of Africa.. Come to Ghana, ur people are everywhere; ur women have carved a niche for themselves as far as prostitution is in concern n ur men, the least said about them the better, every crime u can fink of, u re likely to find one involve.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by pokuasi: 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
joeGH:
A nigerian talking about hunger; a country that considers Gari - mixed- with water - and- allowed - to - dry (eba) as a major staple n traditional meal... no wonder ur compatriots who come to Ghana hardly want to ever return to Nigeria. Nxt time before talking about hunger consider what ur pot brews.
coming from a tail wagging tree jumper who eat bunku with grinded pepper morning, afternoon and evening.. no wonder they look like dry bones with big head, bloody brown eyes and dry skin..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Legonviking: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
pokuasi:
coming from a tail wagging tree jumper who eat bunku with grinded pepper morning, afternoon and evening.. no wonder they look like dry bones with big head, bloody brown eyes and dry skin..

cooked banku is better than Gari - mixed- with water - and- allowed - to - dry (eba) which you mofo eat morning,afternoon and evening.
I.DIO.T

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by vaxx2: 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Area4Area:
How crazy is that? Ghana is not loop hole country where smuggling can be tolerated, on the other hands, it is Nigerians trader that keep smuggling into Ghana ( fake China phones and European textile)it is also Nigerians trader that buys Ghana free fertilizer that supposed to be given to cocoa farmer free into Nigeria (This are the kind of dirty buisness Nigerians engaged in Ghana) .

Ghana has nothing to loose against the boder closure, it's crucial commodity( Gold, cocoa , oil). is not what ecowas can buy, they are for Europe and Asia continent. Ghana produce whatever that is produce in Nigeria, infact Ghana product are really celebrated in Nigeria for example , Ghana local textiles ......
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by vaxx2: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
Area4Area:
Well, Ghana don't export everything, Ghana only export what it has in commercial quantity, Ghana produce more yam that can feed her , more shea butter than needed , more vegetables. than needed , more cocoa than needed . so the common sense demand that it should export more of them ........

Nigeria only has population (nothing more) regarding soft power, you may need to check historical history of both country and see from that perspective.... Ghana is hosting Africa free trade headquater, Ghana first president champion africa independent all alone , Ghana ( aburi) settle the biafra war, the agreement. was championed by Ghana head of state... etc....

India don't import rice in large quantity learn history a little, and the little she import is for the northern hill of her country( Due to lack of access from the central field) is from nearby Myanmar ..... China is only capitalising on comparative advantage. import me your rice , and I export you my cars
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by joeGH: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
Legonviking:

cooked banku is better than Gari - mixed- with water - and- allowed - to - dry (eba) which you mofo eat morning,afternoon and evening.
I.DIO.T
Hehe.. Their condition is really pathetic bro

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by femolii: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
That is comparative production. stupid idiot , Go and check export statistics. Ghana export more shea butter than Any country in west africa . same with yam and palm oil ......
You will soon die because of border closure since u sald you are better than nigeria y are you worry about our border closure then, don't worry your president will soon come to nigeria and beg.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nanatrendy(f): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Tetehjewels:

this is exactly what is happening. Besides most of these imports are textiles and leather products like bags shoes etc which end up being smuggled into the Nigerian Market. Case in point, their kantamanto market where this is done brazenly.
smuggled by nigerians living in Ghana to nigeria, anything smuggled into nigeria through ghana is by nigerians staying in ghana

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by vaxx2: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
femolii:
You will soon die because of border closure since u sald you are better than nigeria y are you worry about our border closure then, don't worry your president will soon come to nigeria and beg.
Lol... it is Nigerians buisness men who will die grin.... chisco , young shall grow motors , Abc cars have been complaining ever since the border closure.. this are the people loosing customers, they are the one driving poor Nigerians in thousand to Ghana for a better life ..... how many Ghanaian motors do you see in Lagos. but go to benin , cote devoire and others ( You will STC plying the route )

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by samorobo: 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
joeGH:
So apparently these are ur best.. Come on bro u can do better.. In fact these compare with some secondary schools in Ghana which are even more advanced infrastructure wise.. If u doubt that one too, I ll give u evidence.

Hahaha this is one of those noise I hear from your fellow countrymen..Just so you know that is the best university in Africa outside three unis in South Africa and one private unis in Nigeria.....

I have just watch your legon and It looks totally uninspiring. And I am not hating but that is the truth..By the way tell me that infastructure you were talking about cos I am not seeing it.All saw was an orange roofed 1 storey building and few tress..so what else..
Obviously that is the best building you have in that uni of yours..I hope you saw the ivory tower, do you know how many storey's it is? Do you know how old that building it and still standing?

Which infastructure are talking about? Is it your Accra train that leads straight to your market square with wooden benches at your train station.....

Lol watch this video and speak infastructure to me again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhbVwL2DM7A

By the way here is another uni pics......look for her name if you can grin

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by vaxx2: 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
samorobo:

Hahaha this is one of those noise I hear from your fellow countrymen..Just so you know that is the best university in Africa outside three unis in South Africa and one private unis in Nigeria.....

I have just watch your legon and It looks totally uninspiring. And I am not hating but that is the truth..By the way tell me that infastructure you were talking about cos I am not seeing it.All saw was an orange roofed 1 storey building and few tress..so what else..
Obviously that is the best building you have in that uni of yours..I hope you saw the ivory tower, do you know how many storey's it is? Do you know how old that building it and still standing?

Which infastructure are talking about? Is it your Accra train that leads straight to your market square with wooden benches at your train station.....

Lol watch this video and speak infastructure to me again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhbVwL2DM7A

By the way here is another uni pics......look for her name if you can grin

lol ....go and sleep....show us the train video of oshodi train line, okokomaiko, marina
Etc... grin grin

Anybody that claim legon is uninspiring has its brained damaged somewhere. no Nigerians I know have visit legon without putting Nigerian politicians into everlasting condemnations ....... .. Legon hostel alone beat down UI and OAU at once , not to talk of the library or better still the teaching hospital.....

And regarding latest update on Ghana trains network ( mr YouTube) Go watch tema to Accra route, watch Takoradi route and let's see. you may even post it here ....... I don't do that childish play, i will have help you
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Logobenz0: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
how can I miss this opportunity to gloat at useless Bantu eating ugly Ghanaians? grin grin No way grin grin
I am very very happy that we closed our borders this is what I've been praying for,a government that will deal with you bragging non existence foolish Ghanaians.

Cry cry cry till thy Kingdom come the fact remains all our borders will remained Closed. grin grin Ghanaians are useless people even the dead are more useful than you, you contributed nothing to Nigeria development. You are just leeches feeding off Nigeria government .

We don't want you,we don't need you. Go and die burnt charcoal ugly Ghanaian. grin grin grin
Hahahahahahahahahahaha these Ghanaians never see anything grin grin grin Na small them just dey see cheesy hunger go soon fire their black burnt yansh grin grin bombastic fools from the republic of Sun grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by samorobo: 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
vaxx2:
lol ....go and sleep....show us the train video of oshodi train line, okokomaiko, marina
Etc... grin grin

Anybody that claim legon is uninspiring has its brained damaged somewhere. no Nigerians I know have visit legon without causing Nigerian politicians....... .. Legon hostel alone beat down UI and OAU at once , not to talk of the library or better still the teaching hospital.....

And regarding latest update on Ghana trains network ( mr YouTube) Go watch tema to Accra route, watch Takoradi route and let's see. you may even post it here ....... I don't do that childish play, i will have help you

Lol I have watched those multi -coloured newly painted train that has your flag for a design( that was like 4 months ago)....lol this is not my base , I am only here cos joeGH replied back and when he delivers my reply tomorrow I will still show my face to voice out my opinion grin grin
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nanatrendy:
smuggled by nigerians living in Ghana to nigeria, anything smuggled into nigeria through ghana is by nigerians staying in ghana

i must say,you i like....
you sabi how to reason....

your brothers are fvckin headless chickens....
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by vaxx2: 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
samorobo:

Lol I have watched those multi -coloured newly painted train that has your flag for a design( that was like 4 months ago)....lol this is not my base , I am only here cos joeGH replied back and when he delivers my reply tomorrow I will still show my face to voice out my opinion grin grin
voice your opinion on okokomaiko and oshodi train to Nigeria goverment.....

Ghana is representing its new train with national flag ( that is patriotism) ....and more SGR are been built in China, they will soon arrive.....

it is better you take legon( the only university in west africa out of your comaprism).
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by theenchanter: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nanatrendy:
and Nigeria does not want smuggled goods again, either by Nigerians or foreigner... they should use d seaport instead..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by stagger: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
They can wail all they want. That border is staying closed until you are all as old as Methuselah! Case closed. Kaji kwo?
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by genii96(m): 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
joeGH:

This is a very stupid statement shocked. Garri is processed cassava and several variations are being used in several West African countries. It can be eaten as a snack with cold water/milk/Milo/groundnut like any cereal as well. Insulting it because it is dried in the sun is as stupid as insulting roasted food because they are simply put under the fire when raw

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Logobenz0: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
stagger:
They can wail all they want. That border is staying closed until you are all as old as Methuselah! Case closed. Kaji kwo?
Haka ne mutumina grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply)

INEC Releases Dates For 2019 Elections In Nigeria (Photo, Video) / Epe Youths Chase Herdsmen And Their Cows Out Of Their Town (Video) / Peter Obi Campaigns For Rivers LP Gubernatorial Candidate, Beatrice Itubo (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.