Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,845 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b (41932 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Typhoon Nanmadol Slams Japan ( Pics, Video) / Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hedonisco:

Nigeria is not a serious country.

as can be confirmed by your response
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Dracas: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Just watch and see how quickly Japan will come out from this pain as compared to one backward country that I come from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by GoldHorse(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
godofuck231:
amechi no see this type of trains buy na 1989 Chinese train

Can you afford to pay 30 to 40k per trip from Lagos to Kano?

I don't think so.... Even in Europe those speed trains (called ICE in Germany) are not cheap.

1 Like

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by pacespot(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
Japan is an example of great people but unfortunate country. Put Japanese in a country like Nigeria, and Nigeria will become one of the largest economies in the world in few years. I've heard many stories of natural disasters in that country which destroyed many high-tech properties and infrastructures worth billions of dollars. I think this is why Japanese emperor fought hard to occupy Australia in world war II which led to the decimation of Japanese cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Japanese really deserve a better abode than their present location which constantly threatens their existence. Japan is the only country in the world that is suffering from deflation because their technology has reached the climax and their aged population has contributed nothing to further growth. With a better landscape and bigger country, they can easily expand their economic influence. But it seems Caucasians have taken up the better part of this planet from every one else: Australian, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Europe, Russia, etc. They have used their privileged past to spread their influence to every corner of the world.

1 Like

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Kennydoc(m): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
godofuck231:

Even UK wey be the 6th largest economy no get these kind of trains.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by samorobo: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

A high speed train costs a lot of money to maintain and to run

Add the fact that the railway lines these trains use are not the type of railway lines you are thinking of, they use a special kind of railway line that enables the train to run via a magnetic force.(It cost $10.6 bn to build 150 km of track.).

Plus it costs $130(47000 NAIRA) to ride one of these trains for seven days in Japan. If we brought the train to Nigeria...the maintenance costs would eat our transport budget , and would force Nigerian Railways Corp to charge the average Nigerian HIGH PRICES.

Annual mainatenace costs could reach as high as $7,656,826,360 (7.7bn dollars)....

Our transport budget for this year...not up to N300bn naira (less than 1bn dollars).

Amaechi is doing the best with what he has.

We can afford it if we've been managing our resources well...the japasn you see today is a resourceless nation and share what she have made out for herself
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by grandstar(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
godofuck231:

Do you know how2 much it costs to run these trains? It is like asking Amaechi to use G Wagon for taxi. It is financial suicide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kennydoc:

Even UK wey be the 6th largest economy no get these kind of trains.

The funny thing is that the technology of these trains was invented by a British professor. Back in the 1950//60's

The UK can build a high speed rail easily, and even has a plan for one . The issue is, a significant amount of people living along the proposed route don't want the train passing through their neighborhood. Also, the budget is a big issue.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by grandstar(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
thundafire:
C bullet train unlike a country dey may budget 100trillion for same yet wouldn't c it but love patronizing refurbished things

Where did the government budget 100 trillion for same Please type based on facts. Nigeria can't afford bullet trains. Its like using G wagon for kabukabu. In most countries that use them, they are usually heavily subsidised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by decrownprince(m): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
Pavore9:
“It would take less time to produce new cars than to replace all damaged parts”...See levels! cool
I tell u. No be small level be that oh. Is not like the train will not work after flood, but they dont want to take any risk and play with the live of their citizen. If i seen any foreigner that will buy my citizenship for 4k (last price 2k) i will sell it.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
samorobo:

We can afford it if we've been managing our resources well...the japasn you see today is a resourceless nation and share what she have made out for herself

Japan also has, as a result of its lack of resources, a strongly developed industrial sector that massively exports. As a result they are rich.

Japanese people also pay their taxes, and their power bills on time. And because they are so reliant on their industries for revenue, they have no choice but to make sure things work,

Nigeria? All we do is export raw materials since 1960. Raw materials like oil, palm oil, groundnut, cocoa, cotton, etc...whose prices we do not control, and most of the time the prices are too low to allow us earn something sensible. The oil that is our main earner now....we need it above $100 at worst before we can even assume we are earning a lot of money.

Plus, even if we managed our resources well, and so on, the thing is, building such a train in Nigeria means that NRC would be charging high fees to maintain it. It costs N48000 in Japan for a 7 day ticket. Would you pay that money?

Here in Nigerian, we don't pay taxes, we don't pay our light bills..and the bills are abysmally low. Any attempt to increase taxes is met with 'they are opressing us'. Meanwhile, our exports don't bring us enough money to live on. And we have to take loans. And we keep on voiting the same old corrupt people every time, and at the end of the day...what do you expect.

But overall, if we want bullet trains in Nigeria....we better be prepared to pay higher taxes, higher power bills and pay for train tickets of N7000 a day. You get that money?
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by lereinter(m): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Typhoon Hagibis, the 19th to hit Japan this year

Which Africa country can survive such

This year rugby world cup was held there
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Kennydoc(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

The funny thing is that the technology of these trains was invented by a British professor. Back in the 1950//60's

The UK can build a high speed rail easily, and even has a plan for one . The issue is, a significant amount of people living along the proposed route don't want the train passing through their neighborhood. Also, the budget is a big issue.

Oh really? I didn't know that.

Why don't the people want it, and which route is it supposed to pass? Sure it must be from London otherwise it won't be justifiable.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kennydoc:

Oh really? I didn't know that.

Why don't the people want it, and which route is it supposed to pass? Sure it must be from London otherwise it won't be justifiable.

London to Birmingham, I think...

Main issue with the rail among most people living on the route is the noise pollution.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by fisherboy: 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
grin grin
godofuck231:
godofuck231:
godofuck231:

heheheeee I beg wey our locomotive coal engine joor chiti-chiti bambam
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by somehow: 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
imanray37:
they are short of being a superpower by friend Abi them posses or championed their economy to a military industrial complex?
Japan is a super power
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by mechanics(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
godofuck231:
lolz, you want govt to go bankrupt abi
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by fisherboy: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
[/color]
samorobo:

heheheee I beg make them Japan bring those once wry done damage to dump site joor (Tocumbo)[color=#990000]
samorobo:

heheheee I beg make them Japan bring those once wry done damage to dump site joor (Tocumbo)
samorobo:

heheheee I beg make them Japan bring those once wry done damage to dump site joor (Tocumbo) thing on my mind for importation
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by shegra58: 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
tck2000:
lol
ancestor train grin
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by GMbuharii: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
They will bounce back very pretty soonest.
Japan is a country not one kwantiri I know full of agberoes,miners and coneheaded structures grin
lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
GMbuharii:
They will bounce back very pretty soonest.
Japan is a country not one kwantiri I know full of agberoes,miners and coneheaded structures grin
lzaa immhotep
They bounced back from 2 atomic bombs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Hedonisco: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
isthatso:

as can be confirmed by your response

No, as can be confirmed by your vexatious attempt to compare apples and oranges, play the ostrich, and deny reality.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Hedonisco: 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Japan also has, as a result of its lack of resources, a strongly developed industrial sector that massively exports. As a result they are rich.

Japanese people also pay their taxes, and their power bills on time. And because they are so reliant on their industries for revenue, they have no choice but to make sure things work,

Nigeria? All we do is export raw materials since 1960. Raw materials like oil, palm oil, groundnut, cocoa, cotton, etc...whose prices we do not control, and most of the time the prices are too low to allow us earn something sensible. The oil that is our main earner now....we need it above $100 at worst before we can even assume we are earning a lot of money.

Plus, even if we managed our resources well, and so on, the thing is, building such a train in Nigeria means that NRC would be charging high fees to maintain it. It costs N48000 in Japan for a 7 day ticket. Would you pay that money?

Here in Nigerian, we don't pay taxes, we don't pay our light bills..and the bills are abysmally low. Any attempt to increase taxes is met with 'they are opressing us'. Meanwhile, our exports don't bring us enough money to live on. And we have to take loans. And we keep on voiting the same old corrupt people every time, and at the end of the day...what do you expect.

But overall, if we want bullet trains in Nigeria....we better be prepared to pay higher taxes, higher power bills and pay for train tickets of N7000 a day. You get that money?

Let our expressways and highways be pothole-free and crater-free for starters. We will be very satisfied with long road trips. We can worry about long haul rail transport later.

And by the way, let us judiciously utilise our meagre petro-dollar revenues first. The masses would gladly pay more taxes when the signs of good governance, frugality of government officials and overall equity are plain to see. I think it's nauseating to talk about taxes in a climate of such pervasive and disgusting corruption, wastage and so forth. When every daft fool in government is prancing about in long convoys and splurging thousands/million dollars on their girlfriends, you want me to pay more tax. I rather the entire country and everyone in it burns to ashes. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Kennydoc(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

London to Birmingham, I think...

Main issue with the rail among most people living on the route is the noise pollution.

I see! Never knew it's usually very noisy.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by luluosas(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
You wicked!
godofuck231:
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hedonisco:

No, as can be confirmed by your vexatious attempt to compare apples and oranges, play the ostrich, and deny reality.

Stop trying so hard to convince me you are an idiot, I already figured that from your 1st post.
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by godofuck231: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
mechanics:
lolz, you want govt to go bankrupt abi
lol

1 Like

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by godofuck231: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
fisherboy:
grin grin[size=8pt][/size]

heheheeee I beg wey our locomotive coal engine joor chiti-chiti bambam
it's going trough push and start process in ibadan

1 Like

Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by godofuck231: 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
grandstar:

Do you know how2 much it costs to run these trains? It is like asking Amaechi to use G Wagon for taxi. It is financial suicide
but the outdated ones cost the price of two 2019 models, or is lie Muhammad at it again?
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by godofuck231: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

A high speed train costs a lot of money to maintain and to run

Add the fact that the railway lines these trains use are not the type of railway lines you are thinking of, they use a special kind of railway line that enables the train to run via a magnetic force.(It cost $10.6 bn to build 150 km of track.).

Plus it costs $130(47000 NAIRA) to ride one of these trains for seven days in Japan. If we brought the train to Nigeria...the maintenance costs would eat our transport budget , and would force Nigerian Railways Corp to charge the average Nigerian HIGH PRICES.

Annual mainatenace costs could reach as high as $7,656,826,360 (7.7bn dollars)....

Our transport budget for this year...not up to N300bn naira (less than 1bn dollars).

Amaechi is doing the best with what he has.
That's why the government should provide services that the average citizens can't afford , if they can't why not step down
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by Conceptman: 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
grin grin
Kenoxman:

On which rail den go run?
We neva reach
Re: Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b by moonraker(m): 4:03am On Oct 21, 2019
godofuck231:

Here is my issue with your comment. while true, do you have the slightest of clues on how the bullet trains (Shinkansen) operates?

The rail tracks are magnetically powered. They require a lot of power and resource, which at the moment, Nigeria does not have.

Heck, Nigeria can barely provide uninterrupted electricity for its citizens, talk less of it trying to power a dozen shinkansen`s.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The War Is Over, Taliban Declares / New Zealand ISIS Terrorist Stabbed 6 Despite Being Monitored 24/7 By Cop(Pix,vid / China Secretly Tested 2 Hypersonic Nuke Missiles That Defied The Laws Of Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.