Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) (96463 Views)

Wizkid Mistakenly Throws £100K Ring And Jacket To Fans During Show / Tiwa Savage's Look To Wizkid's Starboy Fest In London / Wizkid's Outfit To Global Citizen Fest In South Africa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by jom28gy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
noziz:

They can explain better!
who will explain
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Buffalo2(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Uzuakpuuche the upholsterer at Ogbor Hill will replicate any given specimen with even better leather for less than 4000naira.

That's how ingenious a Nigerian mind is. Why go for an original when a better original can be imitated?

The Nigerian jersey was overhyped but smarter people like Ubi Franklin visited Aba.
No one will ever know unless you tell them amd that's the beauty about packaging.

Wizkid knows this too and that's why he will/can NEVER spend over 200k on any cloth.

I am not saying this may not be an original. I am only saying that even if it is. Wizkid didn't buy it.
He is only modelling it for LV....a very symbiotic business relationship.

He models their very expensive cloth at a sold-out show, he gets the hype of being a heavy spender...at the end of the show, he returns the jacket to LV with not only his body odour, but the publicity it needs to be sold.

And the ignorant ones will believe he actually spent over 2million on a jacket.
You think he has that kind of money to throw away and still has difficulties paying his son's school fees?

Think again.
Showbiz is only a mastery of make-belief.
Omo, I tire for pple o and the painful is that youths get carried away with all these and plung themselves into depth trying to "get along" and be identified with these brands and "celebrities".
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Femi316: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
GistGoViral:
The jacket Wizkid wore to his Starboy Fest at at the 02 Arena in London cost $6,550 = N2,367,000.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/the-jacket-wizkid-wore-his-starboy-fest-in-london-cost-n2367-000
I present to you the vanity association of Nigeria......VAN......?
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by onilanre(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:
How a cloth maker can justify selling a piece of clothing for #2.3m beats me.

The materials plus the knitting probably does not cost more than #300k.

It’s mostly just the name or Brand that these folks pay for.

The irony of it is the notorious economic doctrine of diminishing returns. I hope these guys do sure have a heap of investments for the benefit of their kids and future generations.

Otherwise, they’d be surprised this piece of clothing will sell for less than #1000 in the next two decades - perhaps in the same value their career would inevitably depreciate with time.

Sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by speedchariot(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
Aba boys take note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Uzuakpuuche the upholsterer at Ogbor Hill will replicate any given specimen with even better leather for less than 4000naira.

That's how ingenious a Nigerian mind is. Why go for an original when a better original can be imitated?

The Nigerian jersey was overhyped but smarter people like Ubi Franklin visited Aba.
No one will ever know unless you tell them amd that's the beauty about packaging.

Wizkid knows this too and that's why he will/can NEVER spend over 200k on any cloth.

I am not saying this may not be an original. I am only saying that even if it is. Wizkid didn't buy it.

He models their very expensive cloth at a sold-out show, he gets the hype of being a heavy spender...at the end of the show, he returns the jacket to LV with not only his body odour, but the publicity it needs to be sold.

You think he has that kind of money to throw away and still has difficulties paying his son's school fees?

Think again.

Well this technique may apply to some artiste but can wizkid spend 2.3m on a Jacket? YES he is worth it...his had various sold out shows all over the globe within 2 years.

Wizkid charges 10m for shows in Nigeria and outside Nigeria its % basis.

Dude can afford 2.3m.....LV will not do a deal like you mentioned with wizkid,they would want a more international preferably black american artiste for that.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Sonfethopia: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
greggng:

Wizkid is worth 16million dollars so wearing 3million cloth no mean anything

Worth no be money when de bank account o.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Gwagone: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mrop:
This guy sha
No one can compare
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by tck2000(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Stevecovey:

You dey mind dt one. Poverty don kill am.

The same wizkid dt hangs out with american artistes, dt was once personally styled by Stefano Gabbanna. And NIKE (wey no be anybody mate, as per billion dollar company) made a whole clothing line with his name plastered on it. As in, Nike, sat at a table wt wizkid & gave him a clothing line deal. Na the same wizkid go look for china copy to wear for his o2 arena show. Same show he made crazy money on ticket sales. shocked

Nwaamaikpe go drink garri & sleep. The money wey wizkid make for the canada tours he did in the month of april alone, fit feed ur family for 20 years. grin
lol
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by isahyahaya(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
This one no solve my depression oh... I need a job to be settling my bills. Help a brother.. 08134673284
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by otivere: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
So much wisdom in ur points. I wish Nigerian youths can borrow sense from you.

I totally agree with you that the brand is being sold. But You can’t compare both classes of goods.

You probably get the best apple product right now for Nigerian #700k.

Thats 3 times less than the piece of clothing identified above.

1. the cost of producing the Apple #700k product and the technology involved should be valued roughtly 350k (if not more than, I am not a technologist.). Same goes with the Rolls-Royce. The raw materials, cost of production and value of the product is still commensurate with the Price. The cost of producing this clothing is in no way commensurate with #2.3m

2. As an entertainer. You probably won’t like to be seen putting on a piece of clothing for more than one or two events - no matter how much you bought it. But your average Rolls-Royce or Apple product is your every day showbiz. In other words, you will probably derive more value from both brands than clothings.

3. Nd lastly, the Rolls-Royce and Apple products are conduits to making more money. E.g. I have made so much money through my iPhone... way way above the value I bought it. So Yh, the investment paid off. Same way loads of rich people take their Rolls-Royce to close multi-million naira deals.

Bottom line is that - a piece of clothing does actually worth less compared its price Nd the other luxurious goods you alluded to.

Again- I understand it’s showbiz.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
Is it on eBay? I need link cos I gat to buy one. please don't tell me vanity angry
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by tintingz(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:
How a cloth maker can justify selling a piece of clothing for #2.3m beats me.

The materials plus the knitting probably does not cost more than #300k.

It’s mostly just the name or Brand that these folks pay for.

The irony of it is the notorious economic doctrine of diminishing returns. I hope these guys do sure have a heap of investments for the benefit of their kids and future generations.

Otherwise, they’d be surprised this piece of clothing will sell for less than #1000 in the next two decades - perhaps in the same value their career would inevitably depreciate with time.

Some rent expensive cloths to perform.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Budline1(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
Emmanuelhector:
The jacket was hired for the show

Exactly, they don't know.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by OlaThePlug(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
Geeee!! You're brilliant!

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Think again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Jibsy203(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
No big deal on the jacket @iamwilliexo have already wore it last month. Check his instagram he is a young milli nigga
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Xclusiveme:
When you earn in dollar you spend in dollar. So stop converting to naira. U making it feel like its so fucking expensive. This is a normal price for a good outfit in the US
I only quoted you to tell you that you're a liar!
Have a nice day.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by judey1992(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kazim88:

Which Ronaldo? CR7 or Delima9
Both Ronaldo's bro
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by talk2oxii(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
I've already sent the picture to my tailor in Aba. He said I should give him N2000 but we later agreed on N1,800

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by slimjosh231(m): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Think again.
Too much wisdom.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by nwimo22(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
Xclusiveme:

Lol u have no idea
Okay.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
Yea right, most celebrities get free cloths from cloth comapnies. as long as the celebrities are Advertising the cloths by wearing them.

No celebrity buys their own cloths, their wardrobes are full with free cloths from cloth makers.

Anyway, who puts the price of 2.3 million on the the Jacket? the company or whizkid? I could pick up the same Jacket for 50 Quid and claim i paid Over £4000 (2.3 million naira) for it.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Savagedawg: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
ultiabaz36:
And tomorrow when he has skin cancer you will come here to beg for money to contribute for him.

Thunder fire any celebrity that comes here to beg for money
Have you contributed anything in your community. You and your family will have skin and breast cancer... Ezi
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by taretoofine(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
This pass minimum wage, this is maximum wage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Tisham20(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
babanla i hail de....
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Think again.

u dey mind them...a friend who is an upcoming artist does this..he visits boutique that knows him well.,get there fine attires for video shoots and shows and he return them at a reasonable price.. he does this from time to time and when people sees him, they think he owns the clothes.. we that are his own padies know this secrets... only fools will believe that showbiz is all about publicity..
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by ojialo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Aba boy over to you, I'm expecting to see this in Onitsha market at the rate of 1500 in 2 days time
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Umarxjam01: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
landforeast:

Only reasonable comment I have seen so far.
The poverty and the delapidated value of naira has made it look as if these clothes are damn expensive. Just imagine if 1 naira is still equal to 1 naira, will people be shouting like this.
oga even for us $2000 no be small money im not saying wizkid wasted money but $2000 is no small money in us too.
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Legendguru: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by jamalchance(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Waiting for the knock off by this weekend

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Flaunts His N432 Million Wristwatch On Instagram (Photos) / Bobrisky Undergoes Surgery In Dubai / Kenyan Reporter Shades Nigeria As Zuckerberg Leaves Nigeria For Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.