Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood (5957 Views)

Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Remember, The Battle Is Not Against Flesh And Blood (Stop Sleeping) / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by oludavis123: 11:39am On Oct 20, 2019
Oh God I'm confused, show me the way!
Religion makes me confused but I don't want to sway!
'Use hijab, pray 5 times, put on jalamia is what makes you religious' some people say
Dress corporeally, use tie don't wear jewelry is what makes you spiritual' some people claim
Some people claim no problem in wearing jewelry and coming just the way you are is the best claimed some people.
wear robes and sit with their legs folded and relax to reach to the universe believed some fellas.
Oh Lord! I'm beginning to think religion is fashion
Teach me the way oh creator for I don't want to sway!
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Honbright:
The Bishop of Ndokwa Diocese, Church of Nigeria (Anglican communion), Right Reverend David Obiosa, has said the secret to winning any Christian battle is relying on God, putting faith in Him and facing the battle squarely under His instructions.

The Bishop made this known at the September edition of the monthly Power Night of the Abuja Anglican Diocese, held at the Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life Camp, Abuja, VAM gathered.

Speaking on the theme, “The Battle is the Lord’s,” Obiosa pointed out that the Christian life in itself is an introduction to battle, because even at baptism, one is said to be enlisted into the army of Christ.

He stressed that the Christian warfare is not a fight of the flesh, but one that is fought spiritually and can only be won with spiritual weapons.

Narrating the story in the Bible about the shepherd boy, David and Goliath, the giant Philistine, the bishop observed that life is filled with challenging situations such as that which David and the Israelites were faced with.

He said Christians are facing all kinds of warfare today, including persecution for their faith. The cleric opined that just like David, believers must realise that the warfare is not a physical battle and it is only God who can grant them victory.

https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/10/christian-warfare-is-not-against-flesh.html

This is the deception with Christianity.
How can you be fighting with what you don't even know. That's why a scammer comes up with "and God said" "September to remember", " The finger of God" etc and you see free clients rushing to drop their hard earned cash
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by TheAlchemist: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kennitrust:
My confusion about this is profounded. lipsrsealed

Question begging for an answer embarassed

BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE!

Was the purpose of man existence for battle?

Did we negotiate with anyone before we came to this world?

Is it by force for man to exist if our survival depends on an invincible wars?

Why are we subject to fight that we did not create?

Staying awake all night to pray, staying hungry for days to pray, what is meaning of the word that God told man from the beginning of time that read... I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY GOOD THINGS TO ENJOY...

nawao... This battle sometimes dey confused me o

My Father's nursery rhyme to me to date is that "son you have come to this world to battle". He was absolutely correct. If only I had heeded to is warning more seriously I would not have been mortally wounded. The great restorer Jesus is restoring every good thing
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by cescky(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
SportyBoi:

And what makes you think the Bible(Jews) creation story is legit and true, haven't you noticed that almost all the tribes of the world has their own creation story?

It's so funny and amusing how African are clinging to other people's myths and legends wen they have their's to cherish and behold.

I bet u don't believe that life started in ile-ife or at Nri, but you'll surely stick ur neck out to support that life started in the garden of Eden... Wot an irony.

Africans wake up, y'all been sleeping for too long!!!

When it comes to God, you people are very intelligent..

Since your Soo intelligent explain how a black cow from Kano..eats green grass and produces white milk..

We see what you and your Africa gods( demons) have done to Africa..

Till then shut it.
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by SportyBoi: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
cescky:

When it comes to God, you people are very intelligent..

Since your Soo intelligent explain how a black cow from Kano..eats green grass and produces white milk..

We see what you and your Africa gods( demons) have done to Africa..

Till then shut it.

Lol� who TF did this to us, so na Magic for black cow to bring out white milk abi? U so daft bro

By the way, ur white slave masters still wear black suit and tie... MorFcker embrace ur color
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by OyinO: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2019
Christian warfare is useless because it has never won any spiritual or physical battles before. All the demons and Lucifer are still very much alive despite the castings and bindings, yet they repeat these prayers daily in vain.
However, if you say Christian prayer warfare is spiritual, why were the Christians praying against a physical Boko Haram in vain? Why were they praying for release of Chibok Girls in vain through nationwide Inter denominational fasting and prayers? Were the Chibok Girls kidnapped in the spirit? Why were they praying for Buhari to die when he went on a London medical trip? Why do Christians pray for physical results if the prayers are meant to be spiritual? Yet, there's no single spiritual war that gas been won through prayers before. Things have gone from worse to worst since the beginning of christian prayers in Nigeria. Back in the ancient times in Nigeria, paganism and traditional African spirituality was in practice but there were no thieves, armed robbery, corruption, poverty, incest, building houses with protectors, etc., but since the emergence of the Nigerian christian prayers and public disturbances, the crime rates and social vices have skyrocketed in astronomical dimensions. Yeye dey smell!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are We Christians Not United? Why The Division? / Picture Collections That Christians Would Not Want You To See. / Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.