Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood (5949 Views)

Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Remember, The Battle Is Not Against Flesh And Blood (Stop Sleeping) / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Honbright(m): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2019
The Bishop of Ndokwa Diocese, Church of Nigeria (Anglican communion), Right Reverend David Obiosa, has said the secret to winning any Christian battle is relying on God, putting faith in Him and facing the battle squarely under His instructions.

The Bishop made this known at the September edition of the monthly Power Night of the Abuja Anglican Diocese, held at the Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life Camp, Abuja, VAM gathered.

Speaking on the theme, “The Battle is the Lord’s,” Obiosa pointed out that the Christian life in itself is an introduction to battle, because even at baptism, one is said to be enlisted into the army of Christ.

He stressed that the Christian warfare is not a fight of the flesh, but one that is fought spiritually and can only be won with spiritual weapons.

Narrating the story in the Bible about the shepherd boy, David and Goliath, the giant Philistine, the bishop observed that life is filled with challenging situations such as that which David and the Israelites were faced with.

He said Christians are facing all kinds of warfare today, including persecution for their faith. The cleric opined that just like David, believers must realise that the warfare is not a physical battle and it is only God who can grant them victory.

https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/10/christian-warfare-is-not-against-flesh.html

4 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by hisgrace090: 7:51am On Oct 20, 2019
Simple truth!

4 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by prince985(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2019
"Christian warfare" only exists in the head of the said deluded christians

5 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Omojudy: 8:53am On Oct 20, 2019
Spiritual and physical wickedness joo!
Eh get how physical people go hurt you, you go know say it’s also against physical wickedness!
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by tophumble(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2019
That is just the truth Sir.

1 Like

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by iCauseTrouble: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2019

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2019
...warfare is not against principalities and powers.
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by SoftP(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2019
W
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Kennitrust(m): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2019
My confusion about this is profounded. lipsrsealed

Question begging for an answer embarassed

BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE!

Was the purpose of man existence for battle?

Did we negotiate with anyone before we came to this world?

Is it by force for man to exist if our survival depends on an invincible wars?

Why are we subject to fight that we did not create?

Staying awake all night to pray, staying hungry for days to pray, what is meaning of the word that God told man from the beginning of time that read... I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY GOOD THINGS TO ENJOY...

nawao... This battle sometimes dey confused me o

6 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by johnoj24(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2019
the weapon of our warfare is not canal

1 Like

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Truefaith: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by InvertedHammer: 8:58am On Oct 20, 2019
/
Imaginary warfare.

No other group empowers Satan more than Christians. They fear Satan more than God.

/

4 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by whizbee(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2019
From statistical analysis, you're right, most Christians are afraid of satan
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by PureGoldh(m): 9:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Noted......Ephesians 6 Vs 12 said it all

1 Like

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by UdalaMmicha: 9:08am On Oct 20, 2019
post=83297978:
ok
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2019
The church.
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by ZaOzaRoom(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu is not the right person to lead the Biafra cause. He is coward.
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2019
so, I can post a comment in the Christians' thread, but can't can't comment in the Muslims' thread.

@seun, is this how it ought to be?

High Yam Not Honda Standing. angry

1 Like

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2019
ZaOzaRoom:
Nnamdi Kanu is not the right person to lead the Biafra cause. He is coward.

bro, u missed the topic, this is not Biafra topic, na Christian thread u dey grin

2 Likes

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Its like buying a computer set to someone who have never seen electricity before

*nods*
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by judedwriter(m): 9:31am On Oct 20, 2019
Indeed the carnal man cannot appreciate or understand spiritual things. A lot of people reading this will not understand the reality of of spiritual warfare Christians face everyday especially at midnight.

As for those of you who understand; your victory is in God's WORD.

1 Like

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by gudugudumeje: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2019
Let him see and interpret Matt.11:12, and Eccl.9:11 for himself if age is not his additional problem. Then his foolery and sedation will fly...
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by cescky(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennitrust:

BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE!

Staying awake all night to pray, staying hungry for days to pray, what is meaning of the word that God told man from the beginning of time that read... I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERY GOOD THINGS TO ENJOY...

It wasn't so from the onset...
Adam commited treason...you know what treason means right?

So Satan took over..and man was in bondage or battles..
Jesus came to recaliam Adams right on behalf of humanity....( That's why he's called the second Adam)

The won the battle ....

So Satan is a defeated foe but he's not going down without a fight..hence all the trouble in the world...

It's not about fasting for days...many Christians are ignorant...

It's about HAVING BY FAITH what God says is ours and it will be so....your prayers isn't what brings answers..God has blessed humanity ALREADY..with all spiritual blessings....( Like he told Abraham..I have made you a father of many nations)

Not I will make you..

It's your faith that draws your answer to you...it's like a law..God is impersonal..ie to say if you believe it, it will be yours eg the woman with the issue of blood... Jesus said daughter THY FAITH as made the whole

Shalom
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by femi4: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Omojudy:
Spiritual and physical wickedness joo!
Eh get how physical people go hurt you, you go know say it’s also against physical wickedness!
the spiritual control the physical. Focus on the spiritual
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by femi4: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennitrust:

BATTLE! BATTLE! BATTLE!

Your forefather Adam did
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2019
The Guy above me, though grin grin

how person go enter church dey advertise bet? grin

funny people.
Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by SportyBoi: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2019
cescky:

It wasn't so from the onset...
Adam commited treason...you know what treason means right?

So Satan took over..and man was in bondage or battles..
Jesus came to recaliam Adams right on behalf of humanity....( That's why he's called the second Adam)

The won the battle ....

So Satan is a defeated foe but he's not going down without a fight..hence all the trouble in the world...

It's not about fasting for days...many Christians are ignorant...

It's about HAVING BY FAITH what God says is ours and it will be so....your prayers isn't what brings answers..God has blessed humanity ALREADY..with all spiritual blessings....( Like he told Abraham..I have made you a father of many nations)

Not I will make you..

It's your faith that draws your answer to you...it's like a law..God is impersonal..ie to say if you believe it, it will be yours eg the woman with the issue of blood... Jesus said daughter THY FAITH as made the whole

Shalom

And what makes you think the Bible(Jews) creation story is legit and true, haven't you noticed that almost all the tribes of the world has their own creation story?

It's so funny and amusing how African are clinging to other people's myths and legends wen they have their's to cherish and behold.

I bet u don't believe that life started in ile-ife or at Nri, but you'll surely stick ur neck out to support that life started in the garden of Eden... Wot an irony.

Africans wake up, y'all been sleeping for too long!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood by Omojudy: 11:22am On Oct 20, 2019
femi4:
the spiritual control the physical. Focus on the spiritual
Is my focus oh! Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days / What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife / 10 Basis For Scripture Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.