Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Jonathan's Serial Losses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Serial Losses (6725 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast / Beautification Of Lagos: Pains & Losses Of Petty Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2010
BTW I forgot to add that I love Ribadu!!!!!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Gbawe

There is no doubt that there are videos of Ribadu where he spoke sensibly but there are also videos of Ribadu on the internet that are CRINGE WORTHY.

I have said it before you guys should stop mentioning Obama when you talk about Nigerian Politicians. Obama is not the standard because thats just too high and not realistic. Obama is one of the best Public Speakers in American History.

All we ask Ribadu is to be at all times coherent and smooth like his North East brother Tafawa Balewa (thats not to much to ask)
Why can't Buhari be as clear as his NorthWest brother Shehu Shagari
Or why can't Jonathan be coherent and articulate as his Niger-Delta brother Donald Duke

Communication skills is very important in leadership, that is how you mobilise the citizens around a common agenda to influence legislation in the House or push back special interest and uphold National Interest. This is how great public speakers like Kenedy, Raegan, Clinton, Blair changed their various countries.

In hindsight we can question the economics behind Nigeria's Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) of the 1980s but at the begining the Nigerian people genuinely believed in it because IBB was a good communicator. (I am not asking IBB to come back though)

For me any leader with very poor communication skills should find something else to do. Everybody must not be President.

The reference to Obama is sarcasm. I am poking fun at Nigerians who think we need a motivational speaker as President. Your stance on Ribadu appears contradictory if it is what you have used to conclude he is not an effective communicator. You admit he speaks sensibly on occasion and you then conclude he is not adept at articulating his thoughts because he has spoken poorly on other occasions . Well even Obama has off-days when he appears to dither , was lost for word and used far too many erms !!!

If you heard Ribadu speak badly a few time and he has spoken effectively many times why do you then conclude he is not articulate because of the few times you have not being impressed? There are many evidence of Ribadu speaking effectively on the web. Of course there are also a few examples where he was not impressive but many will conclude that he can articulate his ideas well enough to the point he can be given an overall pass mark for effective communication. He is not a core politician so he can be allowed to have bad days. I was at the State of the nation conference and Ribadu spoke well . He has no problem communicating effectively IMO. His tone and grammer is good. There is room for improvement but of those who can win he is clearly a decent communicator. He is not monosyllabic, dull and without charm. In fact one gleans confidence in the way he talks. Below he speaks publicly at a  Public panel discussion presented by the "Managing for Integrity: Strategies and Approaches" course in London. Ribadu is charming, passionate, vigorous, energetic and confident. GEJ , for example, can never engage an audience like Ribadu does below. In fact Ribadu appear to lead the panel and the student audience. He is certainly not as good an Orator as Donald Duke or Bukola Saraki but he is not poor, dull, passionless and difficult to understand as other are .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnyBtTj8Vrc
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

^
Is Buhari a smoker? Thats one heck of a cough!!!! shocked
Yar Adua was a chain smoker.

your saint has the big distended red nose of the alcoholic - better refocus your concerns - a lot of his utterances do come off as those of someone under the influence
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
oyb:

your saint has the big distended red nose of the alcoholic - better refocus your concerns - a lot of his utterances do come off as those of someone under the influence

How can someone as dark as Jonathan have a red nose?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
GEJ lost my vote the day he attacked professor Fafunwa and 6-3-3-4. It was simply uncalled for. It shows the man's level of unreasoning. Anyway, he's lost my vote, my wife's vote and my mum's vote.
Goodluck to him and his numerous political gaffes.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
Even Gbawe is now talking about "those who can win elections" and those who can't and curiously all of a sudden Nuhu Ribadu now belongs to the class of people who can win elections by default.

Really funny.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
GEJ for me is a dissappointment.

Maybe I might support Ribadu
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nsiman(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ jarus, i feel sad that its u that is saying this. If gej uses iron hand, they/u will say he is dictating, now that he is persuading, u/they say he is weak. Pls how shld a democratic president rule for general acceptance?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Even Gbawe is now talking about "those who can win elections" and those who can't and curiously all of a sudden Nuhu Ribadu now belongs to the class of people who can win elections by default.

Really funny.

My brother , much as I respect your reasoning and erudition I think you are guilty of mischief here. You and others , from how you have spoken, have portrayed Ribadu as an incoherent and bumbling speaker. I provide evidence that shows Ribadu speaking like a leader with charisma, passion and panache yet all you highlight from that post is the most miniscule point in my writing. We are debating about Ribadu's articulation . When you write that I talk about those who can win elections you seem to indicate that you have jettisoned the original debate in favour of something diversionary !!!

Everyone on this forum will know that I use the word pragmatism endlessly . It is because I see it as apt in the case of Nigeria. We can be here all day long drooling about Utomi , Duke , perfect orators, uber economic analyst and suave operators . If their ambition is dead on arrival ,  for many reasons I do not need to point out to someone of your intelligence, when does our sense of intellectual pragmatism kick in as per our responsbility to make the best choice for Nigeria given the conditions on the ground today that dictate what is possible ? Why don't you start a thread about donald Duke and see how much interest it gets from nairalanders ?

Nigeria has suffered a lot. Nigerians have suffered a lot. it is then important that every Nigerian looks at the situation on ground, eschew idealism , embrace pragmatism, and think in terms of ensuring we gain the best President possible from those who have political visibility and can genuinely contest. you speak about Duke constantly. Believe me , he is the choice of intellectual like yourself alone. Even GEJ will trounce him senseless in free and fair elections. That is symbolic of the poor political maturity of many Nigerians.We cannot wish political sophistication on millions of folks overnight even if we ourselves are consummate and erudite political analysts.

We should stop the needless display of idealism . it will get Nigeria nowhere. Please vote for Donald Duke. It is your prerogative. Some of us understand that the need to defeat the PDP is not about unfruitful idealism. Of those who can win Ribadu is the best choice. We can all feel intellectually smug voting for our dream candidate who has a zero chance of winning but , as per the wasted vote,  it will be our beloved nation that will suffer if we do not considered a flawed gem , with a good chance , who will undoubtedly  move us forward in comparison to other contestants.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 12:18am On Nov 11, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , much as I respect your reasoning and erudition I think you are guilty of mischief here. You and others , from how you have spoken, have portrayed Ribadu as an incoherent and bumbling speaker. I provide evidence that shows Ribadu speaking like a leader with charisma, passion and panache yet all you highlight from that post is the most miniscule point in my writing. We are debating about Ribadu's articulation . When you write that I talk about those who can win elections you seem to indicate that you have jettisoned the original debate in favour of something diversionary !!!

Oga, anybody will do well with a prepared speech. None of the foremost Presidential candidates speaks brilliantly, Ribadu's diction is by far the worst, while Buhari's accent is totally unintelligible. Ribadu's zeal is 100%, but his articulation is an absolute zero and close to Pidgin English, even when it is in the security area.
I am not one to look at surface attributes like spoken English, but the truth must be told.

Gbawe:

Everyone on this forum will know that I use the word pragmatism endlessly . It is because I see it as apt in the case of Nigeria. We can be here all day long drooling about Utomi , Duke , perfect orators, uber economic analyst and suave operators . If their ambition is dead on arrival , for many reasons I do not need to point out to someone of your intelligence, when does our sense of intellectual pragmatism kick in as per our responsbility to make the best choice for Nigeria given the conditions on the ground today that dictate what is possible ? Why don't you start a thread about donald Duke and see how much interest it gets from nairalanders ?

Nigeria has suffered a lot. Nigerians have suffered a lot. it is then important that every Nigerian looks at the situation on ground, eschew idealism , embrace pragmatism, and think in terms of ensuring we gain the best President possible from those who have political visibility and can genuinely contest. you speak about Duke constantly. Believe me , he is the choice of intellectual like yourself alone. Even GEJ will trounce him senseless in free and fair elections. That is symbolic of the poor political maturity of many Nigerians.We cannot wish political sophistication on millions of folks overnight even if we ourselves are consummate and erudite political analysts.

We should stop the needless display of idealism . it will get Nigeria nowhere. Please vote for Donald Duke. It is your prerogative. Some of us understand that the need to defeat the PDP is not about unfruitful idealism. Of those who can win Ribadu is the best choice. We can all feel intellectually smug voting for our dream candidate who has a zero chance of winning but , as per the wasted vote, it will be our beloved nation that will suffer if we do not considered a flawed gem , with a good chance , who will undoubtedly move us forward in comparison to other contestants.

I'm sure I didn't hear you putting down Donal Duke as below Ribadu?! shocked
If Donald Duke was in Ribadu's place as AC candidate, he would have caused tremors of a tectonic nature in PDP. Ask if Ribadu is even causing the slightest dent in the PDP stride, he doesn't even seem to be serious. What is his standing with the carpenter, market woman or bus driver? Do they even know him?
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 12:55am On Nov 11, 2010
Beaf:

Oga, anybody will do well with a prepared speech. None of the foremost Presidential candidates speaks brilliantly, Ribadu's diction is by far the worst, while Buhari's accent is totally unintelligible. Ribadu's zeal is 100%, but his articulation is an absolute zero and close to Pidgin English, even when it is in the security area.
I am not one to look at surface attributes like spoken English, but the truth must be told.

I'm sure I didn't hear you putting down Donal Duke as below Ribadu?! shocked
If Donald Duke was in Ribadu's place as AC candidate, he would have caused tremors of a tectonic nature in PDP. Ask if Ribadu is even causing the slightest dent in the PDP stride, he doesn't even seem to be serious. What is his standing with the carpenter, market woman or bus driver? Do they even know him?

My friend, stop wasting your time responding to what I write. I ignore you for good reason. you are the same uncouth individual that mentioned my mother ungraciously in an online debate !!! Nigerian men are know for their nobility and love/respect for all mothers . Mothers , children and wives should be off limit for Nigerian men who are have been brought up well. We save the insults and blows for each other as men. those who talk like you do are those brought up by area fathers.

I remember a thuggish bin boy insulting my mother outside our Surulere house because she asked him to do a thorough job clearing the rubbish. Folks in the area , because the police were near , all told me to go and get them to lock the thug up for insulting respected "mama" . I just told my mum to go into the house . She has no business talking to those who were brought up as thugs . I have the same opinion of you. In fact , when I remember that uncouth urchin I think he was probably called Beaf.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 1:02am On Nov 11, 2010
Gbawe:

My friend, stop wasting your time responding to what I write. I ignore you for good reason. you are the same uncouth individual that mentioned my mother ungraciously in an online debate !!! Nigerian men are know for their nobility and love/respect for all mothers . Mothers , children and wives should be off limit for Nigerian men who are have been brought up well. We save the insults and blows for each other as men. those who talk like you do are those brought up by area fathers.

I remember a thuggish bin boy insulting my mother outside our Surulere house because she asked him to do a thorough job clearing the rubbish. Folks in the area , because the police were near , all told me to go and get them to lock the thug up for insulting respected "mama" . I just told my mum to go into the house . She has no business talking to those who were brought up as thugs . I have the same opinion of you. In fact , when I remember that uncouth urchin I think he was probably called Beaf.

Is this load of tosh just to dodge defending your weak points? Would you be brave enough toprovide a set of links so that othes can judge?
Please answer the points I raised and stop dodging. Tell us how Ribadu is better than Donald Duke and on what grounds.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 11, 2010
Gbawe

This is not about idealism but the fact remains that if we are to classify the current Presidential candidates along the lines of those who can win and those who can't based on our Nigerian standards and cynicism, Ribadu will clearly fall in within the class of those who have no chance of winning the 2011 elections.

I really do not know how you came about your so called pragmatism.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by PastorOla1: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2010
God has always being in The Business of using the WEAK to do Great and Mighty Things, With Divine Support GEJ will surely be!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Mesef1: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

The only contestant in PDP that is in the class of GEJ is Gusau. All others are better than him.

Buhari is my man for 2011 but still I know the difference between those PDP crooks.

GEJ is just NOT it at all. Let us even forget about zoning or not. That guy is just NOT there. Why would governors respect him? Respect is earned.

Jarus,

Please I need you and other Buhari loyalists to provide answers to the following question:

1. How is Buhari funding his campaign Buhari has been contesting the presidency since 2003 and has spent some fortunes running campaigns all over the country. Running campaign for a councillorship election in Nigeria could cost you almost what a civil servant will earn working for 35years! We need to know how the campaign of a man who is reputed by many as being "incorruptible" has been funded so far.

2. Has Buhari ever given account of his stewardship as the Chairman of PTF under Abacha where corruption in public offices was huge? Perhaps he has not been investigated in that light and so has not been found out to be corrupt.

As far as corruption is concerned, I do not think Buhari is a saint.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by estatemark(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2010
Strong leadership does not reside on the personality of who is in power but on the system the person is able build. It is not about person but system.Despotic Government does represent strong leadership  anywhere in the world.The fact that  he couldn't  have his way in the above listed issues shows how democratic his Government is, . For a sound mind, this is exactly what we need in our presidency, A leader who is never afraid to consider the feelings of larger populace on national issues, somebody who can listen and ready to sacrifice his personal choice in the interest of the people will.Such a leader has a very strong democratic principle. This is a total negation of arrogance, regidity and lack democratic principle that our past leaders are known for.Let no one decieve us this time around every vote must count!
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by fASHiam(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2010
GEJ's previous performances in serving the country are not spectacular same can be said of other aspirants except Nuhu Ribadu who i believe he is the only worthy presidential aspirant. I just don't have any faith in PDP and i'm willing to give ACN a chance on this.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Jarus(m): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2010
1. How is Buhari funding his campaign Buhari has been contesting the presidency since 2003 and has spent some fortunes running campaigns all over the country. Running campaign for a councillorship election in Nigeria could cost you almost what a civil servant will earn working for 35years! We need to know how the campaign of a man who is reputed by many as being "incorruptible" has been funded so far.

Buhari's campaign has not been known to be flamboyant. In fact, some analysts have identified limited campaign funds as one of his biggest obstacle. Secondly, it is party, not candidate, that does more of teh funding after clinching the ticket. You should also know that Buhari's active campaigns usually starts/started after clinching party ticket. Of all the frontline aspirants today, Buhari is the least visible in terms of campaign. Where you see him are newspaper interviews and visits that make news headlines. I personally have not seen a single poster or billboard on Buhari. And a quick question: can you explain same for GEJ, whose campaign is so far the most flamboyant.

2. Has Buhari ever given account of his stewardship as the Chairman of PTF under Abacha where corruption in public offices was huge? Perhaps he has not been investigated in that light and so has not been found out to be corrupt.
Your second sentence answers the question raised in the first sentence. If there is anything suspicious, let them investigate.

That said, I have learnt not to give 100% trust to any political personality in Nigeria, but until something is categorically brought up against him, I remain convinced that he, alongside Ribadu, are the ones that can go far in tackling corruption and mass indiscipline in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2010
Even Obama the much glorified black president who was gonna clean stable after the mess Bush created lost the battle in the mid-term elections, does that make him a disaster ? nope, GEJ as every president has encountered his own problems but like a gentleman instead of taking it by force like all others before him he had negotiated or let go, I wonder what most folks want, OBJ has been called name s and crucified because unlike GEJ he takes by force, even citing elections as "DO OR DIE" but here you have a man who isn't even using the powers he wields to intimidate his opponents and everyone calls him a weakling. Do you guys think that GEJ can't use his position or immense resource at his disposal to chase out any of the presidential candidates, all he needs are there, EFCC, ICPC, PROBES et al ala the OBJ way, the impositon of Daniel to be the NGF chairman wasn't even done with the president's consent, even the presidency faulted it and absolved itself from it, Yet folks would still rope in GEJ as spearheading it, lets spare the man jare, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by kcng: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2010
All of you who will vote jonathan,have simple told us you love to be cheated, and you have no plan for your children's future. becaue pdp has no plan for you all they want to do is milk you dry,like they've been doing for the past 11yrs.
WHO IS GEJ CAN YOU VOTE HIM IF HE'S NOT IN PDP.YOU FOLLOW -FOLLOW PEOPLE YOU DONT LIKE JONATHAN,YOU JUST WANT TO VOTE HIM BECAUSE YOU THINK HE'S IN THE WINNING PARTY.BUT YOU ALL ARE IN FOR A SHOCKER.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Xstrataco: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2010
lets no look at his losses in terms of political devpts in PDP,the more important issue is governance which has totally collapsed under his watch,obj was evil but yet he's still capable,this one is completely zero,even to stop this little boys in labour movement from strike,he couldnt,what an incompetent president.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by supereagle(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
Was It not the time of OBJ we had Sharia in this country ? Was is not his time Ghali Nabba shook him to the foundation? Have forgotten Senator Waku? Yet OBJ is a strong man.
Some fools still think we are in Military regime in this country.
It is now we are seeing democracy in Action.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
supereagle:

Was It not the time of OBJ we had Sharia in this country ? Was is not his time Ghali Nabba shook him to the foundation? Have forgotten Senator Waku? Yet OBJ is a strong man.
Some fools still think we are in Military regime in this country.
It is now we are seeing democracy in Action.

Don't mind them. You will notice that the people who go on and on about "weak" are simply folk who keep reciting the same old thing, hoping it will stick. But it won't, because the masses can see. It is the same old mantra the cabal tried, but today where are they? It is the same old mantra Ciroma sings even in his tortured dreams, and he is rightly viewed as a failure who is off his rocker.

It is funny, because GEJ has turned out to be quite a strong leader who has an ear always open for the people. Has anybody forgotten the reorganisation of the army, the surmmary defeat of the fuel mafia (same way the generator mafia is facing doom)? Tell me if anybody before him could do these things he has achieved in a few months.
Today, we are all gripped by the battles raging around the privatisation of PHCN, the only reason for that is that for once, we have a man of the masses at the helm of affairs. A man who for the first time in our sorry past, is confident and tenacious enough to take on the generator and fuel mafia's on behalf of the people.

Go GEJ! We de your back.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by lwise(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jarus is not someone to be taken serious,
hes working for Ribadu
bunch of losers

shioooooooooooo
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Donmeca(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
estatemark:

Strong leadership does not reside on the personality of who is in power but on the system the person is able build. It is not about person but system.Despotic Government does represent strong leadership  anywhere in the world.The fact that  he couldn't  have his way in the above listed issues shows how democratic his Government is, . For a sound mind, this is exactly what we need in our presidency, A leader who is never afraid to consider the feelings of larger populace on national issues, somebody who can listen and ready to sacrifice his personal choice in the interest of the people will.Such a leader has a very strong democratic principle. This is a total negation of arrogance, regidity and lack democratic principle that our past leaders are known for.Let no one decieve us this time around every vote must count!

This is the most sensible statement in this thread. Jarus, Gbawe and others are taking a look at it from the opposite angle of MIGHT IS RIGHT. That is a bad omen. . .forget not that ghana must go bags may have influenced some of those high handed victories of OBJ over legislature and govs.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Xstrataco: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2010
i am bold to say that if only one Nigerian hates obj,that person is me,what i said is that obj was capable but yet chosed to do only the wrong things,which is no worse than now that we have a president that is totally clueless, i am not and will never be in support of obj as being misconstrued by charlatans who shd better go study english rather than use gutter language
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Gbawe: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
Donmeca:

This is the most sensible statement in this thread. Jarus, Gbawe and others are taking a look at it from the opposite angle of MIGHT IS RIGHT. That is a bad omen. . .forget not that ghana must go bags may have influenced some of those high handed victories of OBJ over legislature and govs.

My friend, abeg don't misquote me. You fail to understand my argument. I never said or hinted that might is right but we do not need a weak leader who lets others do as they please while dangerous precedents are set everywhere !!! We all know that Nigerian politicians need an Iron hand otherwise they will sink us , with self-serving actions, faster than you can say e don do !!! That Jonathan failed to get his way is no indicator of how democratic he is . He is simply not sagacious, respected or feared by anyone as a President should be . If you claim Jonathan's losses are good for democracy what do you say about his deliberate failure to deal with gansterism as openly perpetrated by Gbenga Daniel in Ogun State with the impeachment debacle? 9 lawmakers impeached 15 and 10 Governors attempted to overule 26 while the Reps and senators are drafting all sort of odious bills with impugnity , detrimental to Nigeria's development, that gives them unacceptable advantages , etc , etc !!! IMO , anti-democratic behaviour and chaos is growing alarmingly under GEJ's leadership of Nigeria.

It is only GEJ supporters who would have us believe weakness, our feral politicians are now capitalising on, is "democratic behaviour" . In any case we have seen Jonathan behaving openly anti-democratic so please let us stop pushing the democracy angle . It can't fly and it actually sounds hypocritical to me.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Alxmyr(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Poster: I carefully study your opinion.
It is evident that you did not understand the dynamics Nigeria politics.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by HamidO1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jarus:

That said, I have learnt not to give 100% trust to any political personality in Nigeria, but until something is categorically brought up against him, I remain convinced that he, alongside Ribadu, are the ones that can go far in tackling corruption and mass indiscipline in Nigeria.

I'll agree with you on this, i really think Ribadu is the only one who can fight corruption head-on among all the aspirants. By so doing he'll have solved 80% of our problems.
There's honestly nothing special about GEJ, he's only good when compared to people like IBB and Atiku. With the rate our foreign reserves is dwindling, if GEJ stays there for four years we'll be left with zero naira.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
I find the below comments of Gbawe on GEJ very instructive:

"The guy will be an absolute disaster if given four years . Just look at the gangsterism Gbenga Daniel is getting away with in Ogun State. No GEJ fan has attempted to respond to criticism of his terrible handling of the Ogun State impeachment debacle. A very dangerous precedence was set which would,  at the very least, have encouraged the most lawless Nigerian leaders to think that they can act as lawlessly and undemocratically as they wan't under GEJ.

Look at how 10 Governors , out of 36, attempted a crude coup by removing Saraki as NGF chairman and announcing Gbenga Daniel as the new Chairman ? What manners of madness we are seeing under GEJ. Gbenga Daniel, perhaps the worst Governor in Nigeria, and the instigator of an illegal impeachment is rewarded by being announced GEJ's campaign coordinator in the SW region and as the Chairman of the Governor's forum just because of the desperation to secure a win for GEJ and the corrupt institution that needs a leader that will keep it "business as usual"

I would have loved to see the reactions of GEJ's supporters.

GEJ lost my support the day he allowed the "Ogun State Minority Speaker", the clown called Yemi Coker to attend the meeting called for Speakers of States' Assemblies in Aso Rock.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by maakano(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2010
The truth is that Jonathan can never be a good president. He is desperate to be president at all cost. Firstly, he imposed Nwodo as the chairman of the party to pursue his ambition.

Secondly,  he denounced zoning of which he was party to. Thirdly, he arranged Christians as his advocates to persuade people to support his ambition as if he would be president of Christians  and not also for the Muslims.

The bumps blast, he was quick to say it was not MEND even when MEND claim responsibility just to rope in Dokpesi who rejected to be DG of his campaign organization.

He tried to amend Electoral act to give power to party executive to hand pick candidates.

From my view, among all of the aspirants, Major General Muhammed Buhar is the best candidate, follow by Nuhu Ribadu based on their past records.

As at today Jonathan has lost the control of himself to his kitchen cabinets because he wants to be in power at all cost. What has done to call Gbenga Daniel to order in Ogun state.  He even welcomed minority speaker of Ogun house of assembly (Coker) to presidential villa just to satisfy Daniel.
Re: Jonathan's Serial Losses by Beaf: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
^
Dude you sound that lil bit extremist.

Gbawe:

My friend, abeg don't misquote me. You fail to understand my argument. I never said might is right but we do not need a weak leader who lets every do as they please while dangerous precedents are set everywhere !!! That Jonathan failed to get his way is no indicator of how democratic he is . He is simply not sagacious, respected or feared by anyone as a President should be . If you claim Jonathan's losses are good for democracy what do you say about his deliberate failure to deal with gansterism as openly perpetrated by Gbenga Daniel in Ogun State with the impeachment debacle? 9 lawmakers impeached 15 and 10 Governors attempted to overule 26 while the Reps and senators are drafting all sort of odious bills , detrimental to Nigeria's development, that gives them unacceptable advantage with impugnity , etc , etc !!! IMO , anti-democratic behaviour and chaos is growing alarmingly under GEJ's leadership of Nigeria.

It is only GEJ supporters who would have us believe weakness, our feral politicians are now capitalising on, is "democratic behaviour" . In any case we have seen Jonathan behaving openly anti-democratic so please let us stop pushing the democracy angle . It can't fly and it actually sounds hypocritical to me.

You have simply confirmed the much aired opinion here that you are canvassing the position that might is right. In what democratic country have you heard that the President is feared? shocked
You are simply confirming that you do not have a grounded understanding of the workings of a democracy, and wish to have a dictator manning the reigns of power. Someone who will utter a few words and the populace will cower in fear and terror. Sorry, but that does not happen in a democracy. The problem with a lot of Nigerians is that they grew up under military regimes and are stuck in the "I will show you and lock up your family", "do you know who I am" World. That is so yesterday, we live in a new democratic and fearless World.

In a democracy, things are done by consensus, not out of fear of the leader. For Nigeria to develop, we need to all develop an understanding of how a democracy works; it is our system of government.
I repeat, fear has no place in a democracy, which is indeed, a government by the people, for the people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Signs Solar-Power Deal With India / Is Ike Ekweremadu A Coward And A Disloyal PDP Man? / (in Pics) Why The Igbos Should Really Stop This Biafra Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.