Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly (11093 Views)

One Reason Why People Are Born Gay / Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Got Eaten By A Lion As He Wants To Act Like Daniel / Western Portrayal Of Jesus As White One Reason Muhammad Ali Converted To Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 20, 2019
One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly

Genesis 39:7-10 (KJV)

7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.

It is easy for a man to blame the woman whenever he falls into temptation and sins against God as man had done in the beginning, but this instance of Joseph proves that the buck stops with man.

Hence why man was punished by God for listening to the woman's voice in the beginning, because God had clearly instructed him not to eat of that tree. So although she had tempted him to do so, if he had not listened to her voice as Joseph had done in the instance of Portiphar's wife, he would have not fallen.

So he didn't fall because she had tempted him to go contrary to God's instructions, but because he listened to her voice.

And from the saying of Joseph in that passage, it could be deduced what distinguished him from man in the beginning, and all those men who have fallen into temptation because they had listened to the woman voice, which is the fear of God.

For that's the reason why Joseph did not listen to the woman's voice as they had done, despite the fact that he was also tempted by woman to commit such a great act of wickedness and sin against God.

Unfortunately that's what many christians and church leaders have lost today, even that fear of God that would make them not act so wickedly, even if they are under immense pressure to do so.

That's how the devil had been able to prevent them from attaining God's purpose for their lives, and the fulfilment of their God-given dreams.

Because had Joseph not had the fear of God in him, and hence refused to commit adultery with his master's wife, he would not have landed in prison.

Had he not landed in prison, he would have not landed on the throne and became all that God intended for him and had shown him via his dreams.

And aside becoming the prime minister of Egypt, he refusal to fall into temptation (commit adultery) because of the fear of God in him, proved live-saving, as it was crucial in the preservation of the lives not just of his own family and brethren, but also the families of all mankind during the seven years of severe famine.

Only God knows how much humanity has lost to the devil, inclusive of men's souls, due to the lack of the fear of God in the church nowadays.

It's my earnest prayer that the fear of God would come back into men's hearts, so that they would have one good reason not act so wickedly.

Amen.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Fadomero(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Nawao I wonder why scientist don't believe God exist despite their inventions I just wonder

5 Likes

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Sin is a sinker! Many a destiny it has gulped down and still asking for more!

Can you build a fire in your lap
and not burn your pants?
28 Can you walk barefoot on hot coals
and not get blisters?
29 It's the same when you have sex with your neighbor's wife:
Touch her and you'll pay for it. No excuses.
30 Hunger is no excuse
for a thief to steal;
31 When he's caught he has to pay it back,
even if he has to put his whole house in hock.
32 Adultery is a brainless act,
soul-destroying, self-destructive;
33 Expect a bloody nose, a black eye,
and a reputation ruined for good.
34 For jealousy detonates rage in a cheated husband;
wild for revenge, he won't make allowances.
35 Nothing you say or pay will make it all right;
neither bribes nor reason will satisfy him.

Proverbs 6:27-34

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Primesky(m): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2019
God bless you OP for this write up.

Only when we see these things for what they are can we begin to address them properly, and treat them with caution.

Fornication and adultery have become glamorized in our world today that people now pride themselves in it. Sex before marriage is now a norm, yet we claim we love God, while brazenly disobeying Him. If we don't see it as wickedness against God and man, how can we flee from it?.

And each time we brazenly dishonor God that way, something precious eludes us without some of us knowing it.

May God open our eyes and give us grace to stand for what is good, true and right.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Fadomero:
Nawao I wonder why scientist don't believe God exist despite their inventions I just wonder
It has to do with pride which usually comes with knowledge, and it can be linked with the reason man disobeyed God in the beginning, and possibly why God had commanded man not to eat of that tree in the first place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
Primesky:
God bless you OP for this write up.

Only when we see these things for what they are can we begin to address them properly, and treat them with caution.

Fornication and adultery have become glamorized in our world today that people now pride themselves in it. Sex before marriage is now a norm, yet we claim we love God, while brazenly disobeying Him. If we don't see it as wickedness against God and man, how can we flee from it?.

And each time we brazenly dishonor God that way, something precious eludes us without some of us knowing it.

May God open our eyes and give us grace to stand for what is good, true and right.
God bless you too, and a big Amen to your prayer.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
It is easy to blame the woman.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
One reason.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2019
Man didn't fall because he was tempted by the woman, but only because he listened to her voice.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
The fear of God.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
The fear of God.
That's what distinguished Adam who listened to the voice of the woman and Joseph who didn't.

2 Likes

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by shesawesome(f): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2019
As time goes by, humans are becoming less and less empathetic. Today, we care about others 40% less than people in the 1980s did.

4 Likes

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by waloma(m): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2019
B
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by ursullalinda(f): 9:41am On Oct 27, 2019
You don't have to be religious to know what is good and bad.... evil is evil and the good thing is that our conscience is their as an alarm clock to warn you once you are wrong....but some will ignore and some have considered to kill their alarm battery.....but when I remember karma..... I smile because I know it's a bitch.....It will help you recharge your alarm battery @ the right time.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Truefaith: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2019
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by AlphaStyles(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2019
Fadomero:
don't u know? Science is the new God according to them because they believe science saves lives and does everything while God sits in heaven

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by AlphaStyles(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Man didn't fall because he was tempted by the woman, but only because he listened to her voice.
u sure say Eve breast and Punana no contribute?
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by morikee: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2019
For your mind these are reasons

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by thesicilian: 9:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Many people have also been elevated to highly exalted positions in the land because they listened to the voice of evil while some who refused to be wicked were destroyed. This world is not fair, considering the fact that many people who die while trying to be good all their lives may still end up in hell.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Olayinka8793(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2019
Just want to wish my Christian brothers and sisters a Blessed Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by pahoehoe: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2019
What about being wicked to those people that are always scheming your downfall? Click on the first link on my signature to know how to make a staggering amount of money via export trade.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by masterP042(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2019
In the Bible God used jobs life, business and family to play betting with the devil. Men that's wickedness.
All these wickedness men do, they learnt it from God. He wiped the whole world in the days of Noah to wipe sin, las las the sin is even worse today.. Hope he's apologizing to those kids, widows and orphans he drowned then, cos he killed and punished them in vain..
Guys, God created evil Isaiah 45vs7. He's the source of all the pains and terrible things we suffer.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by nwamabo247(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2019
Noted @ please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmvvbL5hNzo
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by dollarsplenty(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2019
Both Adam and Joseph were beloved of the same God. Both were tempted. One failed and one did not. Remember, the same God allowed them to be tempted. This is where DESTINY or DIVINE PROVIDENCE comes in. God is omnipresent (He is everywhere i.e. ever present), omnipotent (He is All powerful i.e. He has power over everything), and omniscient (He knows all things, present, past and future). So, by these attributes, we ought to know that it is not by might nor power that man resist or fall into temptation. Rather it is by HIS GRACE. Solomon, David, Samson, and others were beloved, still they fell into temptations. Joseph, Jesus, and others that resisted temptations were beloved too. Only God knows why He allowed it. This goes beyond human comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by helinues: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Mtceeeeeeeww. Dem dey beg person make he no act wicked when karma is a bae .
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by funbet: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2019
Great read...

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by olayemioshiyemi: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by airminem(f): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2019
Trust me. A womn would not cut it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should We Use Hip-hop Or Fuji To Sing Choruses In Church? / Is It A Sin Not To Attend Sunday Service? / Why You Should Never Be Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.