Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? (4870 Views)

Check Dailytrust Newspaper Headlines On Violent Activities In North Since Monday / Kwara Has Been Part Of North Since Alimi Conquered It During Jihad – Magaji Nda / Meet The First Female Deputy Governor Elected In The History Of Core North Since (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by garfield1: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2019
Late yaradua,kwankwaso,sule lamido,dankwambo,el rufai comes to mind

Mynd44
Alhassanyusuf
Gbagyiza
Nowenuse
Kyase
Budline
Midolian
Orjiofor
Majamatic
Sarrki
Kahal
Mymouth
Ceowaltz
Quotasystem
Tuniski
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Kyase(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2019
garfield1:

Mynd44
Alhassanyusuf
Gbagyiza
Nowenuse
Kyase
Budline
Midolian
Orjiofor
Majamatic
Sarrki
Kahal
Mymouth
Ceowaltz
Kwakwanso without doubt, closely followed by shekarau, EL rufia my niggy can still top them after his 8 years sha

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2019
garfield1:

Mynd44
Alhassanyusuf
Gbagyiza
Nowenuse
Kyase
Budline
Midolian
Orjiofor
Majamatic
Sarrki
Kahal
Mymouth
Ceowaltz

Without any doubt, Dankwambo of Gombe is the best governor the north ever had. The kind of roads, schools and health centers this man built all over Gombe is shocking, considering the low income levels of the states.
Public primary schools in Gombe have access to well equiped libraries and computers, where else can this be seen all over Nigeria?
If Dankwambo had been the governor of a richer state like Kaduna or Kano, he would have done better than Lagos state, no doubt.

Jang of Plateau state was also a good governor. The number of roads he built in Plateau state during his tenure is amazing. He tarred a road up to the gate of my grandfather's compound grin Jos to my hometown used to be like 2 hours or more. He built an entirely new road out of nothing and within less than an hour, from Jos to my hometown.
Jang destroyed his legacy with 2 things. He wasn't paying salaries. He was a tribalist. He promoted Berom superiority which made APC take over Plateau state. If Jang has 10 projects to do, 7 of these projects will go to his ethnic group while the rest of Plateau state will share 3. His ethnic group may be the largest in Plateau, but they are just 20% or less of the state's population.

I don't think any governors of Kano or Kaduna have tried enough considering the large amount of money these states control. A Kano governor cannot be dragging projects with Gombe state and you tell me he is trying. That is rubbish.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Kyase(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

Without any doubt, Dankwambo of Gombe is the best governor the north ever had. The kind of roads, schools and health centers this man built all over Gombe is shocking, considering the low income levels of the states.
Public primary schools in Gombe have access to well equiped libraries and computers, where else can this be seen all over Nigeria?
If Dankwambo had been the governor of a richer state like Kaduna or Kano, he would have done better than Lagos state, no doubt.

Jang of Plateau state was also a good governor. The number of roads he built in Plateau state during his tenure is amazing. He tarred a road up to the gate of my grandfather's compound grin Jos to my hometown used to be like 2 hours or more. He built an entirely new road out of nothing and within less than an hour, from Jos to my hometown.
Jang destroyed his legacy with 2 things. He wasn't paying salaries. He was a tribalist. He promoted Berom superiority which made APC take over Plateau state. If Jang has 10 projects to do, 7 of these projects will go to his ethnic group while the rest of Plateau state will share 3. His ethnic group may be the largest in Plateau, but they are just 20% or less of the state's population.

I don't think any governors of Kano or Kaduna have tried enough considering the large amount of money these states control. A Kano governor cannot be dragging projects with Gombe state and you tell me he is trying. That is rubbish.
Dank did well but he hyped most of his achievements.
Jang did well too but was not that spectacular in any aspect.
The most underrated governor was shettima of Borno

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Kyase:

Kwakwanso without doubt, closely followed by shekarau, EL rufia my niggy can still top them after his 8 years sha

Can you please take down that Tiv name you are answering on nairaland? Or I will begin to monitor your profile and anywhere you go I will harass you on that thread! Thank God I'm more free these days.
Yourself and Omenka.

A true son of Benue can never say someone like Elrufai who has open hatred and detest for Southern Kaduna people is his person. That is a slap on the legacy of the likes of Late Gideon Orkar, Joseph Tarka and the other Tiv fathers who fought against the oppression of northern minorities.
It is a slap on the dead souls of hundreds and thousands of Tivs who were killed by the Sardauna in 1966 Tiv riots and killings by Fulani herdsmen over the decade.

I may not be from Benue but my people and Benue have a common history and struggle.
I hold great esteem on the legacy of past Benue fathers who were middlebelt agitators. Hence I will not continue to watch yourself an Omenka continue to misrepresent the views of the average Benue person on this forum.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Kyase(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

Can you please take down that Tiv name you are answering on nairaland? Or I will begin to monitor your profile and anywhere you go I will harass you on that thread! Thank God I'm more free these days.
Yourself and Omenka.

A true son of Benue can never say someone like Elrufai who has open hatred and detest for Southern Kaduna people is his person. That is a slap on the legacy of the likes of Late Gideon Orkar, Joseph Tarka and the other Tiv fathers who fought against the oppression of northern minorities.
It is a slap on the dead souls of hundreds and thousands of Tivs who were killed by the Sardauna in 1966 Tiv riots and killings by Fulani herdsmen over the decade.

I may not be from Benue but my people and Benue have a common history and struggle.
I hold great esteem on the legacy of past Benue fathers who were middlebelt agitators. Hence I will not continue to watch yourself an Omenka continue to misrepresent the views of the average Benue person on this forum.
Are we talking about their person or their achievement.
Please let's face the topic.
Mind you, my mum is from southern Kaduna too,I did my childhood in kagoro in the 90s...
So I'm more passionate to the Christian North than you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2019
From feelers, I heard dankwanbo and sule lamido have done a lot even tho I have never been to any of these state to witness it myself

But it will definitely be kwankwasso.. from the infrastructure, education, roads etc he has achieved a lot for kano state

El-Rufai is on a right track too, there are a lot of project that have been commissioned and are on going currently, he has brought in investors too in KD, hence the rise in IGR to overtake kano

My state governor, Bello matawalle is not doing bad at all too.. this is the first time we are having an exposed and educated governor who knows the value of infrastructure and education, the way he became governor also indicates he has no Godfather, which is a good thing

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Wow!! I never new Dankwambo achieved this much as a governor, even tho I have heard peopme pouring encomium and praises, but I just thought it was political talk and propaganda

Kaduna state has always been getting a bad governor apart from Makarfi I think, but they are lucky to get El-Rufai, that guy is building projects anyhow, and the recently passed budget has emphasis of 70% on infrastructure, I think by the time his done, KD will be next best destination in Nigeria

Kano is doing good to with roads and education, the good thing is that Ganduje didn't let politics get in between the development of kano state, he completed most of the project kwankwasso started

I don't know much about Jonah Jang achievement, but one thing for certain is that there were a lot of ethinic and religious clashes, he seemed to have a hand in it bcuz of the way it keep going without solution

Settings was underrated too I think, in the midst of BH insurgency.. I heard he has tried a lot
Nowenuse:

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2019
I beg to differ on this aspect, how did el- rufai show any hatred and detest for south kaduna, is it bcuz he picked a deputy Muslim?? I think your views on this topic is subjective deprived from a emotional segment

El-Rufai is bold and goes straight to the core, his not a hypocrite that tries to play to the gallery.. I think what you hate is his boldness in doing stuffs

I have been following him and I don't see anywhere it implied he hates SK, I think the main bone of contention is him picking a deputy as muslim
Nowenuse:

Yourself and Omenka.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
I'm happy you opened this thread as to know what is going on in the north, can you tag quotasystem too pls
garfield1:

Mynd44
Alhassanyusuf
Gbagyiza
Nowenuse
Kyase
Budline
Midolian
Orjiofor
Majamatic
Sarrki
Kahal
Mymouth
Ceowaltz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
If you people actually know the function of a governor you won't be typing all this rubbish and asking all these questions what we have at most in Nigerians are just local government chairman on steroids

My conclusion is none

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kyase:

Are we talking about their person or their achievement.
Please let's face the topic.
Mind you, my mum is from southern Kaduna too,I did my childhood in kagoro in the 90s...
So I'm more passionate to the Christian North than you.

God forbid. I rebuke that. Please can you claim your true identity and stop being ashamed of it?
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by TooMuchStuff: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Shakau
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Kyase(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

God forbid. I rebuke that. Please can you claim your true identity and stop being ashamed of it?
Aswear you no well.
Its not for you to believe okay?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
The best northern Governor so far is Alhaji Bello Masari of katsina , Former Governor Ibrahim Idris...

Also in my good book is Gov Yahya Bello. He did well and his people are returning him for another term.

Also Ganduje is another Governor per excellence.

As for Governor Matawalle, he is never a pdp member. All his agenda bleeds APC.

With time he will decamp and join his brotherhood in APC.

Finally Governor Darius is trying.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by garfield1: 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

Yourself and Omenka.

Guy,you are too extremist.tone it down.let people support who they like.el rufai is a performer..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Wow!! I never new Dankwambo achieved this much as a governor, even tho I have heard peopme pouring encomium and praises, but I just thought it was political talk and propaganda

Kaduna state has always been getting a bad governor apart from Makarfi I think, but they are lucky to get El-Rufai, that guy is building projects anyhow, and the recently passed budget has emphasis of 70% on infrastructure, I think by the time his done, KD will be next best destination in Nigeria

Kano is doing good to with roads and education, the good thing is that Ganduje didn't let politics get in between the development of kano state, he completed most of the project kwankwasso started

I don't know much about Jonah Jang achievement, but one thing for certain is that there were a lot of ethinic and religious clashes, he seemed to have a hand in it bcuz of the way it keep going without solution

Settings was underrated too I think, in the midst of BH insurgency.. I heard he has tried a lot
alhassanyusuf29:
I beg to differ on this aspect, how did el- rufai show any hatred and detest for south kaduna, is it bcuz he picked a deputy Muslim?? I think your views on this topic is subjective deprived from a emotional segment

El-Rufai is bold and goes straight to the core, his not a hypocrite that tries to play to the gallery.. I think what you hate is his boldness in doing stuffs

I have been following him and I don't see anywhere it implied he hates SK, I think the main bone of contention is him picking a deputy as muslim

El rufai no doubt is a visionary leader and is hardworking. This was why many Southern Kaduna people supported him in 2015, believing he will make Kaduna more progressive for everyone.
However, after they started seeing his body language and how bigoted he was, they started withdrawing. Instead of him to appeal to them and make it up to them by showing them kindness. He openly called them an inconsequential minority and told them that they are less than 30% in Kaduna state.

El rufai signed for an emirate to be in Kachia. Is that not madness? He is very lucky he did not try that in Zangon Kataf or Jaba, or else he would have been the one begging for peace later on, just like Makarfi did after the Sharia crisis.
Many Zaria people were against the muslim-muslim ticket, cos they knew how terrible this is in a state where christians are about half of the population. All of them eventually followed up, as is usual with the herd mentality of Hausa-fulanis.

In El-rufai's mind, he must have succeeded, but he doesn't knows he has sown a seed of hatred and division which will germinate very soon.
Even a state like Gombe which the christians are like 40% will never give a muslim deputy, let alone Kaduna.

The same stupid Elrufai brought foreign investors to Kagoro to build a Potato mill, because Kagoro is a part of the Plateau and temperate climate crops grow there just like Plateau state. The indigenes rejected it and told him to take it to Zaria. He cannot because Potatos don't grow in Zaria. Is this not reaping from sowing seeds of hatred? You discriminate and insult a people and you need their lands.
The indigenes themselves know that even if they give their lands for the industry, at the end of the day, everybody working in the industry would be Hausa fulanis cos Elrufai will not disappoint in this aspect.

See, no matter the investmemts Elrufai brings to Kaduna state, it will not take more than a serious crisis to chase all the investors away and everything is back to square 1.

Elrufai's actions and that of the likes of Buhari and other northern extremists have succeded in pushing Northern/Middlebelt minorities against the core-north and keeps on pushing us farther.

My parents and grandparents grew up loving Arewa and believing it to be their identity, but today I spit at the mention of the name Arewa. Igbos are 10x better and an alliance between my people and Igbos and Niger deltans would be far better.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Can you indicate and elaborate on what Masari of katsina is doing? I don't know much about him but I never hear any of his accomplishments on print

Gov. Matawalle won't decamp, but I like his commitment to governance, he has know Godfather to dictate to him both in APC and PDP, so he does what he wishes
MelesZenawi:
The best northern Governor so far is Alhaji Bello Masari of katsina , Former Governor Ibrahim Idris...

Also in my good book is Gov Yahya Bello. He did well and his people are returning him for another term.

Also Ganduje is another Governor per excellence.

As for Governor Matawalle, he is never a pdp member. All his agenda bleeds APC.

With time he will decamp and join his brotherhood in APC.

Finally Governor Darius is trying.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
garfield1:

Guy,you are too extremist.tone it down.let people support who they like.el rufai is a performer..

Elrufai is a performer, but more of a chronic hater and 'divisionist'. Such a person deserves no atom of respect from me and my people.

I take exception to the likes of Kyase and Omenka who go about claiming middlebelt identity and at the same time misrepresenting our people before the world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by warripekin(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Adamu Muazu of Bauchi State
Dankwambo Gombe State
Kwakwanso Kano state.
The rest na trash.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by sarrki(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kwankwaso and dankwambo
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by oilPUSSY(f): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

Elrufai is a performer, but more of a chronic hater and 'divisionist'. Such a person deserves no atom of respect from me and my people.

I take exception to the likes of Kyase and Omenka who go about claiming middlebelt identity and at the same time misrepresenting our people before the world.

Sometimes I wonder why some of your people are so docile watching these clowns deceiving themselves by projecting fake identity on Nairaland...No person Will claim Igbo on Nairaland to play a funny game without being boxed out within a short period of time.. Many people have tried it, they failed and they gave up..

Meanwhile, we still have an unfinished business based on what you told me which mod was busy deleting... (I Will still contact you to learn more)
Time factor is my problem. I hardly come online unlike bf.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Jimmyson: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
They performed below expectation. They failed in their respective state.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by MERCHANDISER: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
ganduje of Kano

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by MERCHANDISER: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Proudlyngwa:
If you people actually know the function of a governor you won't be typing all this rubbish and asking all these questions what we have at most in Nigerians are just local government chairman on steroids

My conclusion is none

Apparently,you have not been to Kano

Their current governor is a monster when it comes to development.The current Kano can be compared to Lagos.

I give it to GANDUJE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by omenka(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

This one is almost blowing his own brains out screaming like someone who lost his gratuity, begging for omenkas attention. Let me give you a little attention before you lost your mind completely.

Here's your attention.

Now, if I am not from Benue but lying that I am, may I die prematurely before nightfall TODAY.

If I am indeed from Benue and you're the one making a false claim I am not, may that fate befall you before nightfall TODAY.

I say AMEN. Can I see you write a simple AMEN, without going on writing another lengthy gibberish?

Just say, AMEN as I have done and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by dodorima1: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
omenka:
This one is almost blowing his own brains out screaming like someone who lost his gratuity, begging for omenkas attention.

Here's your attention.

Now, if I am not from Benue but lying that I am, may I die prematurely before nightfall TODAY.

If I am indeed from Benue and you're the one making a false claim I am not, may that fate befall you before nightfall TODAY.

I say AMEN. Can I see you write a simple AMEN, without going on writing another lengthy gibberish?

Just say, AMEN and move on.
omenka na wa oo
must you respond to anything
you supposed to be above all these
who knows you might be talking to a 16 years old kid
imagine exchanging e-braw with someone younger enough to be your son cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by omenka(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
dodorima1:

omenka na wa oo
must you respond to anything
you supposed to be above all these
who knows you might be talking to a 16 years old kid
imagine exchanging e-braw with someone younger enough to be your son cheesy
That one dey sha. Na true you talk. Their wahala dey too much sometimes. Everyone Omenka omenka omenka, as if I hold their umbilical cords. Shooo!!

I know say him go piante now or go on another round of endless bullocks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
omenka:
This one is almost blowing his own brains out screaming like someone who lost his gratuity, begging for omenkas attention. Let me give you a little attention before you lost your mind completely.

Here's your attention.

Just say, AMEN as I have done and move on.

Paul Unongo who licked hausa fulani ass for a decade is a confirmed Tiv man.
If you are from Benue, it is either you are a muslim or have hausa fulani origins or you are being paid for your activities just like Unongo.

Even Jesus had a Judas.
However, as long as your views do not respresent the majority of Benue people, I will continue to hunt you.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by omenka(m): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

Paul Unongo who licked hausa fulani ass for a decade is a confirmed Tiv man.
If you are from Benue, it is either you are a muslim or have hausa fulani origins or you are being paid for your activities just like Unongo.

Even Jesus had a Judas.
However, as long as your views do not respresent the majority of Benue people, I will continue to hunt you.
Dodorima1, you see? grin grin

This one na confam juvenile oboté. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999? by Nowenuse: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Sometimes I wonder why some of your people are so docile watching these clowns deceiving themselves by projecting fake identity on Nairaland...No person Will claim Igbo on Nairaland to play a funny game without being boxed out within a short period of time.. Many people have tried it, they failed and they gave up..

Meanwhile, we still have an unfinished business based on what you told me which mod was busy deleting... (I Will still contact you to learn more)
Time factor is my problem. I hardly come online unlike bf.

Our people are naturally a passive people and that is one big problem we have. I wish we were more vociferous and loud like the Igbos, then idíots who misrepresnt us here wouldn't have had the chance.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Lauded For Completing Nigeria’s Longest Concrete Road / PDP Holds NEC Meeting On Wednesday, May 4 / So SW Isn't Homogenous Yoruba : Just Learnt Of The Ogu(egun) People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.