Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect (11578 Views)

CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect / Breaking: Taraba Acting Governor Sacked? / Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Pharoh: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
The Federal Appeals Court in Benin City, Edo State, late afternoon annulled the election of Delta State governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, and ordered fresh gubernatorial election in the state within  90 days.

The decision followed the appeal brought by Mr. Great Ogboru against Governor Uduaghan, who has governed the state since 2007.  The appeal panel earlier dismissed the petition brought by the AC candidate, Okocha, where he sought the nullification of Uduaghan's election because of his exclusion from the 2007 election by the Independent National Electoral Commissiony (INEC).

The Edo State capital erupted in jubilation over the verdict.  Pending the ordered elections, the Speaker of the House of Assembly will step in as "Acting governor".

The Delta State governorship election will also act as the first major test of the re-constituted  INE), headed by radical university professor, Mahmud Jega, a former lecturer and former Vice Chancellor of Bayero University in Kano.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101110461410
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
After all most 4years
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Woke4all(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
After drilling us for almost four years too bad for him!   So what happens to his 2011 Governorship race?     

like Ibori like Uduaghan.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
Edwin Clarke has taken over Delta State
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by monkeyleg: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
Better late than Never. Ibori and His brother wicked pass Devil. To hell with both of them
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Beaf: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
krendo:

So Great Ogboru has transformed into Edwin Clark? Na wa! grin
Great Ogboru who won the case is no small man, he was the godfather of the Okar coup, don't belittle Delta state.

. . .Anyways, Edwin Clark is from Delta state and has every right as a citizen and leader.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by monkeyleg: 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
@Beaf,

Me and you no dey see eye to eye, but this is one time when we can celebrate justice. For the good people of Delta state, Thank God for this. Now EFCC hurry up and lock that Bastard up before im do Willy-Willy
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by 1025: 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
this is in no way close to justice. justice delayed is justice denied. one of the issues raised in the electorial amendments is the idea of conducting elections at least six month before hand over to enable aggrieved parties to go to court and sort things out before the swear in propare but goodluck jonathan killed that idea
the court shld have waited till 2018 before sacking the gov.
a useless system.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by becomrich4: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
see satelllite pictures.

Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Woke4all(m): 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

So Great Ogboru has transformed into Edwin Clark? Na wa! grin
Great Ogboru who won the case is no small man, he was the godfather of the Okar coup, don't belittle Delta state.

. . .Anyways, Edwin Clark is from Delta state and has every right as a citizen and leader.
Ogboro is a boy to Clark and besides Clark is personally running the governorship race this time around so i think he's really taking over!
krendo:

Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by becomrich4: 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
warri population

*      1952 British Census (Warri Division)

Itsekiri                                                33,000

The Ijaw of Gbaramatu and Ogbe Ijo          232
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by SapeleGuy: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2010
Woke4all:

Ogboro is a boy to Clark and besides Clark is personally running the governorship race this time around so i think he's really taking over!

All of us are boys to Clark, the geezer must be nearly a hundred years old!
Clark is simply making noise, he cannot deliver Itsekiri, Isoko, Urhobo or Anioma territories. Delta politics is very complicated.

The warrior from Abraka is no slouch, if you know his history, his fighting spirit and how many times he went to court before he delivered this last round knockout to 'Emmaluel' then you wouldn't write what you did.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by becomrich4: 12:09am On Nov 10, 2010
krendo

Re: Breaking News Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect.
« #3 on: Yesterday at 10:04:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ikrendo, that is not a good thing for jonathan. What it means is that the state the PDP election is be cancelled, PDP are going to find it hard to win. You now imagine a presidential election without a governorship election. It makes it even hard for Jonathan to win.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Beaf: 12:12am On Nov 10, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Me and you no dey see eye to eye, but this is one time when we can celebrate justice. For the good people of Delta state, Thank God for this. Now EFCC hurry up and lock that naughty person up before im do Willy-Willy

One day, we will see eye to eye. Everyday can't be quarrel day. wink

The only thing with this judgement, is that its thrown Delta state into serious confusion. I hope the speaker is a very strong man, because all sorts of desperate politicians are going to descend on the state. The judgement has come at the wrong time.

The most ridiculous bit, is that by the time the new Delta state elections are finished in 90 days time, any new governor sworn in would be governor for just two months before the general elections. embarassed
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Beaf: 12:17am On Nov 10, 2010
SapeleGuy:

All of us are boys to Clark, the geezer must be nearly a hundred years old!
Clark is simply making noise, he cannot deliver Itsekiri, Isoko, Urhobo or Anioma territories. Delta politics is very complicated.

The warrior from Abraka is no slouch, if you know his history, his fighting spirit and how many times he went to court before he delivered this last round knockout to 'Emmaluel' then you wouldn't write what you did.

Tell them, my broda! People just want to create myths and propagate rumours.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Solomon227(m): 12:17am On Nov 10, 2010
People dat want Uduaghan out shuld not celebrate yet cos from d precepts PDP cannot change him now and I dont know how diz judgement will b a victory for Clarke's PDP as some are insinuating. Is Clarke going to endorse an AC or DPP candidate to finally remove Uduaghna? The next 3 months are going to b as exciting as GEJ vs d Ciroma's North in Delta state.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by SapeleGuy: 12:31am On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

The only thing with this judgement, is that its thrown Delta state into serious confusion. I hope the speaker is a very strong man, because all sorts of desperate politicians are going to descend on the state. The judgement has come at the wrong time.

The most ridiculous bit, is that by the time the new Delta state elections are finished in 90 days time, any new governor sworn in would be governor for just two months before the general elections. embarassed

Beaf, I can assure you that the speaker is very firmly in the grip of 'Emmaluels' crew, if he doesn't  tow the line that is the end of his tenure as speaker. If he speak grammer dem go tear cloth for him neck and bundle him out. Dem no send anybody message.

PDP in Delta is on life support, the proper thing to do would have been to make Ogboru governor and start his tenure from now but Great asked for fresh elections in his appeal.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:44am On Nov 10, 2010
i think there should be an election crimes commission to try people who rig their way into power.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Obiagu1(m): 12:50am On Nov 10, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

i think there should be an election crimes commission to try people who rig their way into power.

Nice idea.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by becomrich4: 1:04am On Nov 10, 2010
put Justice  Murktar picture on the internet,

is thisJustice Murktar

Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by HighChief4(m): 1:14am On Nov 10, 2010
I knew it was only going to take time. Uduaghan the pevert was busy sleeping with peoples wives. Good riddance!!!
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by omojand: 1:22am On Nov 10, 2010
I knew it was only going to take time. Uduaghan the pevert was busy sleeping with peoples wives. Good riddance!!!

Na wah! I just dey think this one as I've heard about his shinanigans with other peoples wives in Asaba! If you get fine wife for Asaba, you dey trouble I hear. Delta wives can now come out and play grin

Naughty person angry
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by HighChief4(m): 1:49am On Nov 10, 2010
omojand:

Na wah! I just dey think this one as I've heard about his shinanigans with other peoples wives in Asaba! If you get fine wife for Asaba, you dey trouble I hear. Delta wives can now come out and play grin

Naughty person angry

Broda na serious issue ooh. My friend working in the government house told me how he stampeded one woman in a flight and was trying to force her to follow him to his slaughter guest house
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by mensdept: 2:00am On Nov 10, 2010
So the selection was annulled, doesnt mean he was "sacked". Those who need to be sacked and flogged include governors of Ogun, Imo, and Abia State.

Though it took 4 years, at least the courts are doing what the useless legislators and exec branch idiots arent doin- respecting the right of the people to choose who leads them.

What of Senate elections and House nko?
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by AloyEmeka5: 3:27am On Nov 10, 2010
[size=14pt]N40 BILLION ASABA AIRPORT PROJECT: MATTERS ARISING[/size]
Font size: KEVWE MILLER & JAMES IKECHI 07/11/2010 20:55:00

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=uduaghan0_318430928.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
PHOTO: DELTA STATE GOVERNOR, DR EMMANUEL UDUACROOK.

The last has definitely not been heard about the N40 billion Asaba Airport scandal. As we mark our golden anniversary as a nation and reflect on the lost opportunities occasioned by massive corruption, we the Delta Integrity Group wish to draw attention to the Asaba Airport fraud. As a group and men/women of conscience, we are saddened with the brazen disregard for due process and the people of Delta State in handling of this project.

Our reaction, for the avoidance of doubt was actually inspired by the huge reaction and outcry that trailed the recent N40 billion review of the airport project as announced by Chief Uche Okpuno, the contractor handling the project. It is indeed shameful and disheartening that despite the unrelenting efforts of government and anti-graft agencies to ensure a corruption free society, some unscrupulous individuals still believe that it is still business as usual.

It will be recalled that at the foundation laying ceremony, the governor Dr. Uduaghan had announced in the presence of Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), that the airport, which was initially estimated at N14 billion, a sum considered too high for the government would now cost N7 billion. The governor also assured the public that the project would be completed in 18 months, as the airport is a star project of his administration.

At the moment, the project has moved from the projected N7billion to N12billion, later N22billion and now N40 billion. The recent upward review was announced in Asaba at a media parley to inform the public of the first flight which was scheduled for November 16, 2010.
Ordinarily the announcement of the first flight to the airport would have elicited joy and relief going by the benefits the airport will bring to the people of Delta and neighbouring states.

However the incessant reviews of the cost of the airport project and the conflicting completion date have put to question, the sincerity of both the contractors and the government.
It is regrettable to note that such an important project would be subjected to flagrant manipulation. One is therefore tempted to ask if this project actually passed through due process of any form. Is this N40 billion justifiable for an airport in Asaba, going by the non-marshy topography of the area? Or are there latest airport innovations outside the current norm that is being added? Was there no proper costing and project evaluation from the consultants before the commencement of the project? Why would such an important project be subject of suspicious reviews thereby fuelling doubts on whether the project actually passed through due process? These disturbing questions have remained unanswered. The public obviously needs to know.

A certain Chief Uche Okpuno, the chairman of the firm handling the construction of the airport, had hinged the reviews on the upgrading of the airport from domestic to international, a reason that is not only laughable but defies logic since the Asaba Airport was originally conceived as an international airport. Curiously, the Gombe Airport which has become a model airport in Nigeria today was built recently with about N6billion and on record time.
As concerned citizens of the state, we have every reason to believe that this airport is over invoiced and massively inflated.

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/6506-THE-PLUNDER-CONTINUES---N40-BILLION-ASABA-AIRPORT-PROJECT-MATTERS-ARISING.html
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by wesley80(m): 3:49am On Nov 10, 2010
This news is yet to break in Warri. Cant wait to see peoples reaction in the morning. Kai! My body dey sweet me.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by oscartawn1: 5:34am On Nov 10, 2010
I DEY WAIT FOR THIS NEWS SINCE 2007!!! cheesy
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by chyz1: 6:01am On Nov 10, 2010
Why must elections hold WITHIN 90 days? That's to short of a period. It seems as though behind doors someone imay be getting set to be imposed by one of the ND heavy weights. I hope that's not the case.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by chiegemba(f): 6:14am On Nov 10, 2010
na wa ooo, storie long term short!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by chillbabe(f): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2010
I can only hoop that the next gov will pay us contractors. Am waiting 4 my money sins 2005. Bastards. Hp he's going to kirikiri.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by TCD: 6:20am On Nov 10, 2010
After 4 years?
Gov Emmanuel will still win the election and in effect, he will now be able to serve 3 terms.

If I were the governor, I'll be praising God for this blessing.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by nearest(m): 6:42am On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

after the re-run, the winner will take a new mandate of four years, right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? / Video Of Chibok Girls Reunion With Parents / Governor Ajimobi Gives Ramadan Gifts To Women And Orphanages (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.