Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect (11608 Views)

CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect / Breaking: Taraba Acting Governor Sacked? / Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by xtremeidea(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2010
at least he has served a term. Imagine after 4yrs. Wat a shame? Just b4 elections!!!
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by excanny: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2010
Delta Igbo has finally made it to the office of the Delta gubernatorial seat for 90 days.

Maga don pay. Shout alleluia.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by EzeUche0(m): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2010
excanny:

Delta Igbo has finally made it to the office of the Delta gubernatorial seat for 90 days.

Igbos are always getting ripped off when it comes to politics. This is unbelievable.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Woke4all(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2010
TCD:

After 4 years?
Gov Emmanuel will still win the election and in effect, he will now be able to serve 3 terms.

If I were the governor, I'll be praising God for this blessing.
He won't serve 2 terms it will
be calculated from when
he first took the oath of
office this was the
supreme court decision.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Ikengawo: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2010
Delta Igbo has finally made it to the office of the Delta gubernatorial seat for 90 days. Huh

Maga don pay. Shout alleluia

A corrupt governor is thrown out of power for subverting the law and you're talking about Igbo?

When you were unemployed was the guy shouting Igbo? you're the problem with my country.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by PhilMoane: 7:59am On Nov 10, 2010
Don't know why, but I am not glad that our Judicial system encourages electoral corruption.
After this Uduaghan looted the state for 4 years, they now woke up to know it was illegal.
Why must they wait for that long?
Like Liyel Imoke, he will try to rig himself in and still want to claim another four illegal years.
I think our Electoral act need to give capital punishment to these rogues instead of aiding them
to suck the tax payers money dry.
Our judiciary need to wake up and stay non-partisan in the illegalities ruling in Nigeria.
They did cooperated with PDP, but they need to change and work for Nigeria.
I am still not elated in anyway. It is supposed to be good news, but to me it isn't.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by mbulela: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2010
i don't care about Uduaghan or Clarke.
They are secondary in the scheme of this matter.
more importantly, Justice delayed is bloody denied.
this is insane. five months to a new election, we have lived through 3.5 yrs of illegality.
The Judiciary is high on something cheap.
At this rate, the Judiciary not even corrupt politicians will wreck this our nascent democracy.
There is just no way we can defend this atrocity.
Our judiciary needs a total overhaul.There must be clarifications in the electoral act that ensure that electoral appeals at all levels MUST end within 60 days after the election.
No ifs, no buts, no exceptions.
If we need to increase the number of judges of the appellate courts, bloody well do it.
put an end to all these silly 2 months adjournment and increase the number of courts.
I think it is about time we set our sights voices and keyboards on this lousy judiciary of ours without taking our eyes off the political elite.
This lousy judiciary must be put in check.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Naniel(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2010
Evry day 4d thief,bt 1day is 4d owner. Hw ar we sure dose cumn ar nt lyk uduaghan &co. D same lions in sheep clothin. God av mercy on dem
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by ndcide(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2010
the right people to rule delta state don't always emerge. Its a pity tribal sentiments always come to play in dat state. They should divide the state into 3 parts ASAP. The situation in the state suxs. Worst is that all those who wants to rule the state are all bad guys. Ema or great? I'd say none. Coz dem no clean. The most anoying is that voting in that state is always based on ethnic sentiments so you can't win outside ur region except u rig. Now who is gona rig this one.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by excanny: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2010
Ikengawo:

A corrupt governor is thrown out of power for subverting the law and you're talking about Igbo?

When you were unemployed was the guy shouting Igbo? you're the problem with my country.

My comment was an inference to something which unfortunately you did not understand. Next time, read properly before jumping into bigoted conclusions and insults.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by baslone: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2010
After so long!!!
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Meldrick(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2010
Uduaghan you are coming back to the state house. To hell with Clark. He was put to shame the first time and this second time will not be an exception.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by abalakar: 10:39am On Nov 10, 2010
guy wetin dey happen now/
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Dandas: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2010
Nonsense judiciary system in Nigeria.Nonsense!!!.Imagine after approximately four years.The Governor did not lose anything.It took the judiciary four years to arrive at this judgement.What a shame!.Nonsense!.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by ikpakwu(f): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2010
mohamed wetin be your own
abalakar:

guy wetin dey happen now/
men notin dey shey u vgo come area on sara day?
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by daylae(m): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2010
How i wish oyo and osun governor suffer the same faith.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by redsun(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2010
The nigerian government from local to federal goverment is illegimate.They are rogues ruining d affairs of d people
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2010
hmmmm, after enjoyin d loot for 3years and 6months. To hell with our judiciary system. angry
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Donmeca(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2010
Woke4all:

He won't serve 2 terms it will
be calculated from when
he first took the oath of
office this was the
supreme court decision.

I'm interested in this! in whose case did d S'Court rule that a nullified state election stands as a tenure if the ousted governor wins the rerun? In my humble view, the election in Delta state was declared null and void. . .by implication there was never a proper election in the state. so, anybody that wins the fresh election will serve for a full 4 year term. I think what u were using is where the court cancels polls in some wards not in the entire state. If uduaghan wins, he has a new 4 year term and can come back in 2015 for re-election. which is very bad or our politics and judicial system. Pls prove me wrong.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Donmeca(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2010
daylae:

How i wish oyo and osun governor suffer the same faith.

I see osun falling come in a week 2. In that case, I see Aragbesola being declared winner of "unlawful votes cast" not a fresh election. our politics is record-breaking in this country. Tell me anywhere in this world where the electoral body will be conducting election atleast once every month. If it's not local govt, it is SHA, Reps, senate, Gov, etc.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by ogb5(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2010
coming a few months to the end of the gov. tenure, this is very absurd.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by MiKenny(f): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
our judicial system is flawed, not happy with the declaration at all, instead of re-run why not declare the opposition as the lawful winner of the poll because Uduaghan is still going to win it anyway that means he will be spending 3 terms as governor that state, God forbids.

PDP is going to re-conduct the election and by all standings the acting governor would not want want his party to loose the election so thats automatic comeback for Uduaghan.

corruption in Nigeria is always aided and abated by the judiciary, imagine 3.5 years to bring out justice, its absurd.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Donmeca(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2010
@Mi Kenny,
Thanks bro. dat's my point. After 3 and half years, u tell a gov to vacate office for and recontest his election. what hapns if he now truly wins? almost four years gone and s fresh four years starts? Ogboru shud av withdrawn his suit and focused on ousting him in the polls in April.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by bisiaet: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
What is all these? After 4years this has gone too long.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by bisiaet: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
What is all this? After 4 years this has gone unecssary too long. I'm getting to be worry about all these judgements.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Mobinga: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2010
This verdict should have come weeks after the election.
So he rigged the elections? Nothing would happen to him, he would still live a comfortable life and he wouldn't go to jail. Don't rejoice over nothing
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Reality001(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
na wa 4 9ja. This na Nemesis done dey catch am. Him case don set
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by excanny: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
Donmeca:

I'm interested in this! in whose case did d S'Court rule that a nullified state election stands as a tenure if the ousted governor wins the rerun? In my humble view, the election in Delta state was declared null and void. . .by implication there was never a proper election in the state. so, anybody that wins the fresh election will serve for a full 4 year term. I think what u were using is where the court cancels polls in some wards not in the entire state. If uduaghan wins, he has a new 4 year term and can come back in 2015 for re-election. which is very bad or our politics and judicial system. Pls prove me wrong.

That loophole in the Nigerian constitution has been amended by the NASS, only awaiting the signature of the President.

The amendment stipulates that any political office holder that gets re-elected after the cancellation of an election he previously 'won' will only complete what is left of the tenure he had spent.

As at present, the NASS is planning to go to court to challenge the recent high court's ruling that the amended constitution is not valid.

If the NASS gets their way(which is most likely) before the Delta state gubernatorial re-run, then Uduaghan will only have to complete the 200 days or thereabout that he has left of his tenure.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by sayso: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
so he contest the next election and wins,what happens?he starts new 4year term.nonsense.
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by bisiaet: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
so he contest the next election and wins,what happens?he starts new 4year term.nonsense.

Yeah you are right

I dont understand what they are rejoicing about if even the new guy win the new poll what is the tendency he would do anything what is the different between them, I am not really impress by all this stuffs at all they are all same. Those that were sworn in after the sitting governors were removed what have they done in their respective states till date?
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by apoti(m): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
Beginning of the end for PDP
Re: Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect by Guyman02: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
I am waiting to see GEJ coming to dance at Warri Township Stadium campaigning for PDP (Uduaghan). Nothing changed. INEC will spend another round of tax payers funds organising a new election. Uduaghan wins and heads for the court like Liyel Imoke and Ibrahim Idris for 'interpretation' of the commencement of their new tenure. Iam yawning now!!!! Abeg madam give me extra plate of eba with one extra meat,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture / Lagos To Acquire Traffic Software Vehicles / State Election Results: INEC Explains Collation Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.