Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (52595 Views)

2.5km Of Road In Ilaro-owode In Ogun State Done By Gov Dapo Abiodun Govt(pics) / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Take them to Dubai, Ghana is to expenses to go for vacation, with just 200k you and your family of 5 will have a two week vacation in a nice hotel in Dubai, flight and accomodation inclusive

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnm����������������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Seaworthy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
DadaStephen1:

Please be serious.

Borders are closed for goods only.

Boarder is open for passengers.

I'm in Ghana.
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Gentlemanforyou: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
emceedcent:
One of the journeys most frequently asked about is the trip from Nigeria to Ghana. Here's all you need to know.
Despite our Jollof wars, Nigerians and Ghanaians are very fond of each other. In the past few years, there has been an influx of tourist Nigerians to Ghana than ever before. Ghana has great street food, great tourist markets and amazing people.

Thinking of taking a trip to Ghana? We've compiled information for what you should expect and things you would need for the trip.

Documents you need

To travel from Nigeria to Ghana by any means, you need a valid international/ECOWAS passport and a yellow card. It is very advisable to get your yellow card before travelling as it is very important and can be a means by which officials extort you. You can get the yellow card for about N1000 at the Port Health office close to the international airport. It is also advisable to have your another means of ID like a drivers license or a student/work ID, and your accommodation details.

Choosing your means of transport
A flight from Nigeria (Lagos) to Accra averages at 1 hour 10 minutes. However, if you are going by road, brace yourself for a full 17-24 hours on the move (consider your bladder). The journey from Nigeria to Ghana by road is quite a long one but it's the scenic route, so brace yourself for the adventure. There are different ways to cross, if you choose to go by road, you can either choose to go directly with a transport company or hire out a taxi that will take you. For an intense budget trip, you could consider hitchhiking.

Money moves
Hopefully, by this time, you have already created your budget for the trip. After knowing the amounts you have to spend, best bet is to have your naira in raw cash and prepare to change it for Ghanaian cedis at the Aflao border, which is the border between Togo and Ghana. Travelling with US dollars is a good idea too because even if you don't change it at the border, you can find any Bureau de Change in town and change it for cedis because dollars is widely accepted. Some hotels also accept USD but you can hardly find one that accepts Naira. It is also important to keep up with the exchange rates so you won't get cheated. Naira fluctuates crazily too. It might be scary hanging on to such huge amounts of cash but this is your best bet unless you have a dollar Mastercard , because your naira cards will not work in Ghana.

Crossing borders
If you're going by road, there are three borders you have to cross. The Lagos-Cotonou border, the Cotonou-Togo border and the Togo-Ghana border. Crossing the borders mean a lot of stress, negotiation and "settlement", especially if you are a first time traveller or you have a "virgin" passport. Most times, if you are using a transport company, they will take care of the crossing logistics for you. However, if you plan on crossing the border on your own, brace yourself for a lot of paying-offs you would have to do at all the stops.

Have a wonderful trip!

visit http://www.travelwithapen.com/travel-cost-breakdown-nigeria-ghana-road-trip/
*to know more about the cost of someone who went to ghana by road*

Bro that's not true , I went to Ghana with my zenith Mastercard which is naira and I was able to withdraw cedi at the atm there . That was just last year

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by notoriousbabe: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
Classyuniquebae:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnm����������������
the way you dey moan just dey me hungry for you

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by sammysticks: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
shocked
notoriousbabe:
Take them to Dubai, Ghana is to expenses to go for vacation, with just 200k you and your family of 5 will have a two week vacation in a nice hotel in Dubai, flight and accomodation inclusive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by TheDestroyer: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ode. They'd bust your big head till you go wise. Ghanians have made it clear you dumb modafvckers are not wanted in their country but because majority of you are shameless una no go hear word.
DadaStephen1:
[b][/b]

You must be very stupid to post this.

I have the right to go anywhere in the world for a vacation, it's not your father's money nor your mother's business what my experience is.

No one invited you here to comment.

So bugger off

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by psychologygh: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
calculator123:

Psycho!
Your hatred towards Nigeria ehn.
ma guy,Charlie did I say anything wrong.Abeg you grin,I don't hate Nigeria, don't rush into hasty conclusion, in fact,seriously,every Ghanaian wants the best for Nigeria. If Nigeria develops,Africa develops.Take every criticism against Nigeria from Ghana as a brother who hates to see his big brother waste away his huge potentials and abilities.Its a love-hate relationship and it goes both sides.I have many Nigerian friends and we are very cool to each other.All the same,we are sometimes scared and always suspicious of certain Nigerians due to experience of many millions of Nigerians in Ghana.God bless Nigeria,God bless Ghana,God bless Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by notoriousbabe: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
sammysticks:
shocked
Dubai hotel at iyana ipaja in Lagos
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by delejames(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
dapadawee:
what? despite all this wonderful write up yo fail to answer the simple question. how much will the trip cost?
Abi oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by kheny12(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sagay212:

lol...90k for road transport to Ghana? is the efex bus going to fly? if he adds small money to that 90k, he will get a good return flight ticket to Ghana. Transportation to Ghana by road won't cost up to 50k Max.
lol may be Efex bus look like aeroplane.
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Seaworthy(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
post=83343840:
@OP,
DadaStephen1, we hope this helps.
Safe trip on your vacation!

Source : Nigerianprices.com

Modify: We can see a certain 'Seun' viewing this thread also,
Incase you are also interested in going to Ghana,
Safe trip to you also Seun and every other B]Nairalanders (home and abroad) interested in going to our brother nation : Ghana! wink
It's also a beautiful country to be,
We can testify!

God bless Ghana.
God bless Nigeria.

You don't have the correct and current price.

I'm in Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Passionate888: 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
for real?
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Mariangeles(f): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
DadaStephen1:
Hi Great Nairalanders,

I will like to take my family for an adventurous trip to Ghana by road for vacation.

I will like to know the cost, requirements, trip duration and all necessary useful information.

Hoping for an educative thread.

Thanks
When you go, come back, we hope say you no go come create one trashy thread on nairaland about how Ghana better pass Naija, and blah blah blah because e no dey hard una waka waka people to condemn

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by uboma(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Commanderinpips:

Are you serious. Please I need more information

You are very gullible.

Be careful you do not fall in the wrong hands....
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by m140(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Ok
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by notoriousbabe: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Passionate888:
for real?
yes Dubai hotel at iyana ipaja in Lagos
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by millhouse: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
200k ke , for a family of 5 to Dubai with flight inclusive Do u mean Daura or Dubai UAE .. please clearify!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Investorsci: 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
25k will be good for transportation
But you need to be ready and hold better money for the duration u will be here.

Ghana is a little expensive to Nigeria.
You will sure enjoy your stay there

Hold your wife follow body ooo

Ghanaian ladies are hot.

I live here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by skj1377(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
Road trip to Ghana.
Try this detail
Mile2 to seme boarder N1k to N2k small car
Seme to aflao (Ghana) border N4k small car
Aflao to Accra N3k bus (N4.5k taxi)
Add 5k for bribe for 3 border crossing for virgin passport
For ID card don't attempt .
Direct bus (Libra company N11k for regular passport)
G.u.o 16k regular passport
Car hire land cruiser(Toyota) N100k

By flight cheapest N48k book ahead.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by TheDestroyer: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
grin Na because most of them no get sense nah.
Mariangeles:

When you go, come back, we hope say you no go come create one trashy thread on nairaland about how Ghana better pass Naija, and blah blah blah because e no dey hard una waka waka people to condemn
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by notoriousbabe: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
millhouse:
200k ke , for a family of 5 to Dubai with flight inclusive Do u mean Daura or Dubai UAE .. please clearify!
I meant boat of them
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Mariangeles(f): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
psychologygh:
ma guy,Charlie did I say anything wrong.Abeg you grin,I don't hate Nigeria, don't rash into hasty canclusion , in fact,seriously,every Ghanaian wants the best for Nigeria. If Nigeria develops,Africa develops.Take every criticism against Nigeria from Ghana as a brather who hates to see his big brather waste away his huge potentials and abilities.Its a love-hate relationship and it goes both sides.I have many Nigerian friends and we are very cool to each other.All the same,we are sometimes scared and always saspicious of certain Nigerians due to experience of many millions of Nigerians in Ghana.God bless Nigeria,God bless Ghana,God bless Africa.
Fixed into a true Ghanaian accent! grin

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by don4real18(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
You want to japa grin
All na abroad sha
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by don4real18(m): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Seriously? grin
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by notoriousbabe: 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
don4real18:

Seriously? grin
yes now
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Zino89: 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Through Effex, about 90k
jesuuuuu hunku u can lie ooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by psychologygh: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Mariangeles:

Fixed into a true Ghanaian accent! grin
hahahahahaha,seriously, you Nigerians are very funny,sorry fanny sometimes,sorry samtimes oogrin grin
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by vineyardfarms: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
FROM LAGOS TAKE ABC LUXURY BUS FROM MAZAMAZA. BUY RETURN TICKET @ N20K - N25K PER ADULT, VALID 1YR. YOU NEED INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT AND YELLOW CARD EACH. CHANGE MONEY @ TOGO INSIDE THE BUS. KUMASI - ASANTI REGION MORE FRIENDLY. BUY T- SHIRTS, IJEBU BUBA - BEACH UNI SEX WEARS AS CARRY -ON FOR SALES TO SUPPORT YOUR BUDGET. RENT HOUSE TO STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY - GOOGLE APPT. GOOD LUCK
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Mariangeles(f): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
psychologygh:
hahahahahaha,seriously, you Nigerians are very funny,sorry fanny sometimes,sorry samtimes oogrin grin
You grab grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by Mariangeles(f): 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
TheDestroyer:
grin Na because most of them no get sense nah.
Aswear, most of them dey suffer from unpatrioticitis grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana by greggng: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Gentlemanforyou:

Bro that's not true , I went to Ghana with my zenith Mastercard which is naira and I was able to withdraw cedi at the atm there . That was just last year

Zenith master card is global ....it can even withdraw dollars and pounds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Australians Think About Nigerians / Likely Questions To Expect At The Port Of Entry / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.