Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President (2002 Views)

Presidential Corruption Index Rating - Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nig. / QUESTION: Who Is Nigeria's Most Corrupt President? / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by monsieurp: 1:34pm On May 21, 2007
following the resent happening in the nigerian polity i have only one conclusion OBJ is nigeria's most corupt head of state. more corupt than saddistic ABACHA and IBB put together
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by ono(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2007
Could you please shed more light? We need facts and figures to ''live'' with your assertion.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by jeddy(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2007
It is true that you are unhappy about our situation but also you can never achieve that which has been done by our but CORRUPT REGIME, so let off some relief and pray that God who throw abacha away will avenge for us.
Bless the nation because we are all to blame for our pains. I am hopeful for our nation and i know that Christians aren't asleep and
God will turn the evil of any government or person for our good, even the government of yaradua if he becomes evil.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by NymphoQin(f): 2:15pm On May 21, 2007
this thread is a big lie. PROVE AM grin. are you his accountant?
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by omon(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2007
monsieur p:

following the resent happening in the nigerian polity i have only one conclusion OBJ is nigeria's most corupt head of state. more corupt than saddistic ABACHA and IBB put together

It is either you were a baby or not born during the reign of ABACHA and IBB for you to make that assertion! Yeye!!
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by Roadblock: 11:06am On May 22, 2007
monsieur p:

How old are you cool Guess you are still in primary or secondary school, you dont know history. grin
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by babasin(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2007
ota farm was zero in 1999. in 2007 see what BBC said:

Nigeria's outgoing President, Olusegun Obasanjo, says he will return to his multi-million dollar farm in his home state when he stands down next week.

so what was OBJ selling and buying to build such farm within 8yrs as he was busy as President(which is salaried job)

shocked cool grin
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by olutomiwa(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2007
prove it or forever HOLD YOUR PEACE{shut your mouth}
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by olutomiwa(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2007
babasin:

ota farm was zero in 1999. in 2007 see what BBC said:

so what was OBJ selling and buying to build such farm within 8yrs as he was busy as President(which is salaried job)

shocked cool grin
player HATERS,BBC my foot.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by abiodunade(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2007
I dnt like pple dat jst make any hw statement abt leaders, especially when dat leader has try his best 4 d country. D fact dat things might nt ve improved d way we wanted it, dat does nt mean we should make fallacy statement abt our leaders witout a prove. I think ur statement will b more relevant if u can prove and make references to ur statement. OBJ might nt b a perfect person, bt in terms of CORRUPTION, he has performed creditably well to fight d greatness enemy of Nigeria. tongue
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by locoman(m): 8:56am On May 25, 2007
This person is not a Nigerian
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by gmemdee(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2007
I doubt that the assertion can be proved in a court of law.But this is'nt a law court.Since 1999 Obasanjo actions has made me willing to believe @monsieur P. I intend to catalogue his many questionable actions in a future post.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by docokwy(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2007
Gorrila Obasanjo (OBJ) is not only a COMMON thief, he is a pretencious and hypocritical one. Show me a thieving OBJ and I will show you his primordial and narrow-minded supporters
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by dblock(m): 5:34am On May 26, 2007
Obasanjo is by no means the most corrupt president.

If George Bush was elected president in 1999, and he slacked off, paying little attention to his priorities, the results in 2003 and in 2007 wold be the same as the results from Obasanjo.

People expected Obasanjo to turn Nigeria into an eden, but the turth is even if Obsanjo was a saint, Nigeria would still have many problems today.

People do little research.

Yes there are still bad roads, but roads were attended to(At least some).
Yes Power supply is bad, but Obsanjo did not worsen Nigeria's power problem. Nigeria's capacity today is more than it was in 1999, the problem is distribution and Maintenance. Nigeria in reality has about 4800 Megawatts of electricity, but only half of that is being generated. That's due to Vandalism, poor Maintenance, Inadequate Gas supply etc.

People ignore that Nigeria has embarked upon the largest Gas expedition in the nation's history. If Nigeria's LNG program is successful, Nigeria will reach the heigths of the 60s and 70s and reclaim it's rightful position as a leader in Natural Gas. Most people probably don't know that Nigeria is more abundant in Natural Gas than in Crude Oil.

Yes there were 4 major aircrashes during Olusengun Obasanjo's tenure, but Obasanjo's Administration commissioned facilities that would have a significant impact on Nigeria's Aviation industry. The Hanger in Uyo Akwa Ibom, will be the only facility of it's kind in West Africa. Murtala Mohamed is still viewed by Nigerians as a hellhole, but the International Airport is better today than it was before Obasanjo entered office. Infact Murtala Mohamed International Airport exited The United State's of America's list of Notorious and Atrocious Airports during Olusegun Obasanjo's Tenure.

Yes the Niger Delta region, is more chaotic today than it was prior to Obasanjo's Admin, but the root of the anger that fuels MEND and other Militant organization goes way back, before Obasanjo.

People forget, that Obasanjo is not perceived by Western Countries like America and Britain, as a corrupt tyrant, but on many occasions as being commended on his reforms. Atiku on the other hand, has being investigated by numerous organizations not only in Nigeria but in Britain and America.

Inflation was alleviated during Obasnjo's tenure, Poverty was alleviated by some 3%, Aids dropped 4%, Nigeria's economy grew 5-6% between 2005 and now. Nigeria's telecommunication industry is the second fastest growing in the world. And to top things up, Nigeria's external reserves remains untarnsihed and intact.

How can Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, be the most corrupt president in Nigeria's history, if the reserves remain intact. over 300 Billion was spent on roads and even more was spent on other infrastructure. How can OBJ be the most corrupt, if Nigeria is now more transparent than ever, and Nigeria's economy is expanding like a BomBlow(Balloon). How can Oabsanjo be the most corrupt president if Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda stole 20 Billion dollars, and Sani Abacha laundered even more. Where did the money go. When Abacha died, investigations were launched and Millions were retrieved from Banks in Europe. There must be a lot of Contradictions, If Obsanjo remains a Free Man, but yet he is the most corrupt. How can a Gorilla steal so much money, yet remain as free as an Hyena.

Speculation was never, is never and will never be acounted as the truth.

Peace.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by Said1(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2007
I think the author is making a point out of experience. Personally me, I did not see any thing to bost of in this outgoing government that has benefited the common man. That is the truth all we here is fellow Nigerian Fellow Nigerian with no promise or fulfilment.Is a pity.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by viee(f): 2:38pm On May 29, 2007
while i dont see Obj as a saint, i cannot on the otherhand call him the most corrupt leader

out spoken yes
pompous yes
anonying yes
but most corrupt? undecided i dont agree!

we have had bad leaders but we still cant say who is the most corrupt among them all
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by angel101(f): 3:01pm On May 29, 2007
If he isnt the most corrupt, he is surely close enough. Corruption does not only mean transereing money to personal accounts. there are so many angles to corruption and OBJ sure ranks VERY high.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by gr8t(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2007
I agreed that the author of this topic is either unborn, very little or doom, deaf and blind before 1999.
The fact are there as dblock has quoted that there has being no previous leader in Nigeria even in Africa that has perform better than Obasanjo. i know you will mention Mandela- Yes Mandela was a hero because he won a battle.
Obasanjo is yet a greater here though not celebrated. without foreign presence lead Nigerian into her first democratically transition. Go to to Zimbabwe they will tell you.
Obasanjo started is the initiator of peace in West Africa where the whole world would have condemn to genocide.
However, Obasanjo is not a messiah, but, he has done what nobody gas ever done.
It is now easy and proud to say in the diaspora that I am a Nigerian, since the recently time of the administration.
I know what I am saying because I left Nigeria before 1999 and since then I returned at least twice in a year to Nigeria.
Even here in the western world there are still floors in leadership and the "white" are still begging for food, money and job.
Let's appreciate what we have now, that is the only way it can improve. don't wait till they Federal movement send you a cheque or repaint your house before you thank God that we are the only African nation that has taken this significant steps of reform, investment, without western presence, also the only African country whose dept no longer hold because of the impact of our leader in the G8 and his strenght of negotiation.
Obasanjo is Nigerian and west Africa HERO.
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by angel101(f): 3:11pm On May 29, 2007
gr8t:

Obasanjo started is the initiator of peace in West Africa where the whole world would have condemn to genocide.

And yet he ordered the killing of civillians in ODI. How about applying the same tactics or initiative in his own backyard.
Do u realise that obasanjo left nigeria practically in a state of emergency during one of the labour demonstration/riot (sit at home) and went on a peace mission to sao tome and pricipe. how hypocritic!
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by Mariory(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2007
This nonsense is irrelevant. The man (OBJ) has stepped down. No matter how much crap is spoken, it appears history is poised to record OBJ's tenure as the turning point when Nigeria began to show her might.
There is a new president and it appears he will continue with OBJ's economic policies. So why don't you devote your useless energy to coming up with rumors/accusations/names about him?
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by Mamajama(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2007
How do we know YAR ADUAL will not be topple by military boys in 6 month? at least respect baba for that
Re: Obasanjo Is Nigeria's Must Corrupt President by monsieurp: 12:32pm On May 25, 2011
i still maintain my stand obasanjo is the most corrupt head of state we have ever had , i guess time is proving me right

(1) (Reply)

Joshua Dariye Granted Bail / Africans Banned From Australia / CBN Gov: Senator Writes Yar’adua Over Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.