Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? (11683 Views)

Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life / Lebanese Flee Crisis At Home To Seek Better Life In Africa / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Oriyomin25(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2019
I won't advice you to stay cus it seems you have already made your decision but i think you should give it a last thought and pray over it, God will lead you to what's best for you... But really with your age sir i don't think that's the best for you and again 2.5m is a paltry amount in most of the country you mentioned unless you have someone there. I hope you have a reliable venture here in case, just incase.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by DexterousOne(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2019
NONNYG:
Na them grin

Hahaha

Nigerians sef
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Oriyomin25(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2019
mamajj17:
My dear no where is Easy, make Something out of Nothing .....Even Western World na so so BILLS grin grin
Some people think it's all rosy like they watched on their Tv or see on net. You will never appreciate what you have untill you try another.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Vincad: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2019
Honestly, at your age I won't advice you to go to another country just to hustle. 50 years no be 25 years oo.

One of my relatives recently died. Like you, he was also 50. He went to dubai to hustle but e no reach 3 months when dem bring im dead body come naija. His coworkers said he just slumped and died at work.

Please think am well oo. Before you take any decision, weigh the pros and cons very well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by mamajj17(f): 8:42am On Oct 21, 2019
Oriyomin25:
Some people think it's all rosy like they watched on their Tv or see on net. You will never appreciate what you have untill you try another.

I tell you dear grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2019
Gerrard59:

Honestly, you are better off in Nigeria considering your age and how much you have. How you can invest that money, I really don't know. Maybe treasury bills?
I appreciate your contribution. It's all about perspective to life.

I only mentioned that sum for travel budget. I want to explore other clans, where things are done differently. Not only about what to invest.
Thanks anyway.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:05am On Oct 21, 2019
bmdmix:
dont let age hold u down find a place u like asia may b for u

Thanks sir. This is why I have come out to seek opinions. I appreciate you for the encouragement.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2019
DexterousOne:

At your age (if indeed you are 50)
You don't have much room to experiment
You have to play it safe
If you were say 24
It's different

That said
In my opinion
Your best bet right now is to settle in a neighbouring African country like say Benin Rep or Ivory Coast /Ghana
Then you start a business there (I hope you have business acumen)

2.5m is more than enough for that

Asides that
Going to the Caribbean or all these far flung places won t help you.

I personally am tired of Nigeria as well
But I'm far younger and I'm trying the Canada route.
If that does not work
Then i will have to settle in another African country or Dubai and start business

Please do not experiment sir
You are too old for that
Play safe
And look before leaping

Thanks sir.

I stand to gain nothing in lying about my age.
On the issue of West Africa. Yes, it's a good option. At least, I had a nice time when I was a teacher in Serekunda, The Gambia between 1998-2000. After which I have been into contract/ business in Nigeria. I have also been in and out between 2002 and 2010. But, it has really not been my pictured lifestyle in the past 4-5 years.

I have consecutively gotten UK visas 3 times between 2002-2010. I was a frequent traveller then until I stopped thereafter. I was surprised to be denied this year. I would have gone for 4 months and come back like I used to do before.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2019
mamajj17:
My dear no where is Easy, make Something out of Nothing .....Even Western World na so so BILLS grin grin

I know. But I think one is better than the other. I have the experience of either sides. Unfortunately, I didn't take the pain to ensure that I put in for the right thing (seeking for papers) , rather than thinking Nigeria is also good.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2019
bmdmix:
try google Europe country with few africans expecially Nigerians

I have been doing that sir, and that is why I am looking for people with information or experience that I don't have.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:32am On Oct 21, 2019
Victorking22:
Why not try Canada u can try canada

I have submitted my work permit application and I have done finger print over 18 months, I am still awaiting the final result. My agent said I should still be hopeful, but it is taking too long a time. Some people said it takes up to 3 years.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2019
Ilekokonit:

A visa does not guarantee an income ANYWHERE on earth.

A visa also does not guarantee that they will allow you to enter their country at their airport.

If they are not convinced that you are a genuine visitor or student they will return the person back to the country of origin on the next flight.

At age 50 MOST immigration officers at the point of entry will have serious doubts as to the genuineness of your intentions to actually study as 50 years is classed as middle age when you are expected to have finished ALL your studies including PHD.

Someone I know who was 25 and had a first class degree was granted a course related visa to the UK but was denied entry at their airport and deported back to Naija as the immigration officer was not convinced he was gonna go back after the course and all the money spent was wasted and this was at a time Nigerians were not flooding their embassies with visa applications.

Forget going abroad to start afresh as any country abroad worth going to ALL SHARE INFORMATION about people they have denied visas and you don't want to waste that N2.5m on pursuing a visa that may swallow up N2.5m with no visa to show for it at the end of the day.

Stop throwing good money after bad as the grass may seem greener on the other side but because Nigerians don't tell you the truth about what they do to earn a living abroad, people back home think they are better off going abroad. BIG FAT LIE.

Moreover, at 50 you may be able to compete with a 30 year old mentally but you can't compete with one physically as that is not natural and you don't want to be in the position of Nigerians abroad around 50 years old or older (male and female) who have died of heart attacks whilst at their menial long hour jobs. These guys had no choice as they could not come back to Nigeria empty handed and so without work permits, age not being on their side and overworking their bodies, they died due to over work as the spirit was willing but the body was weak and middle aged as they were over 50 years old or there about.

AT ANY AGE YOU have to think of using your brain to earn a living and not your muscles meaning that you have to work smarter and not harder and at any age you have no reason to leave Nigeria for a foreign land if you can not apply for a Highly Skilled Migrant Visa which is only given (with limited quotas) to people with qualifications AND work experience in fields where these foreign countries have a skills shortage e.g Doctors, Nurses, IT personnel, Engineers, Tax Accountants etc.

Some Nigerians actually got good jobs with Multinational companies in Nigeria and got posted all over the world with their employer handling their visa processes but this happened when they were in their 20's and in your case as being an employee in Naija is not an option the ONLY option seems for you to start a small scale business or a few small scale businesses and see how it goes and forget what people around you may say. Your qualification can not always feed you in Nigeria.

Do you know the number of Nigerians stranded abroad but can not come back home due to shame and empty pockets after wasting their most productive years abroad ?

If it is people around you including family members or your spouse that are making you feel as if you haven't achieved as much, then it is better to avoid their company or relocate away from them to a cheaper state in Nigeria where N2.5m is still big money and can start a lucrative business because if you keep hanging around these so called friends, family, in laws and out laws, and they help you finish that N2.5m you WILL now see human beings for who they really are with their poison tongues.

The same people you spent the N2.5m on WILL turn round and call you lazy.

And don't let fake visa or visa lottery criminals dupe you of your money because a visa lottery is just that - a lottery at times with a one in 14 million chance of winning as evidenced by the limited number of people that win the lotto in Nigeria.

If you know the number of people in Nigeria that can open a business wit just N50,000 you will marvel.

The simplest and guaranteed business you can start with a fraction of that N2.5m is a restaurant / Mama Put or just a pepper soup joint and if it means relocating to a cheaper state in Nigeria to open it then do so before you finish business capital that God has given you on daily living and chasing a visa that does not guarantee an income ANYWHERE on earth.

Finally there are a lot of Nigerian in those countries you want to emigrate to that do not have the equivalent of N2.5 million in their bank accounts both home and abroad combined. Most of the money they earn abroad is used to pay for income taxes, health insurance, rent, mortgage, water bill, Gas, Electric, community taxes, tv licence, travel and all the things you see on TV that makes those countries work and look appealing.

If some of these Nigerians get N2.5 million Naira equivalent in their bank accounts today, a lot of them will come back to Nigeria yesterday.

Thanks a lot. For the pain taken in putting this advice. I appreciate. You actually got it right from the perspective via which you looked at it. I am being driven by some conditions. Not that I can't source for over N5m for business in Nigeria (at worse, to sell part of my properties to raise funds) but it goes beyond that.

Thanks my brother.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
Op, at your age, ain't you supposed to be married with kids? It's better you think of what to do with that money in Nigeria or in a neighboring African country. Don't make a mistake that you may not recover from, age is no longer on your side. By now, you should be thinking of retiring not looking for a country to go for hustling.

Married since 2002.
First kid finished secondary school.
Thanks for the advice

9 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by mamajj17(f): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Trustmeall:

I know. But I think one is better than the other. I have the experience of either sides. Unfortunately, I didn't take the pain to ensure that I put in for the right thing (seeking for papers) , rather than thinking Nigeria is also good.

My dear gettin those Papers then were easy! Gettin them now na only CHANCES.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by DaddyMorenike: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2019
Somalia
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by hammed71(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2019
op just do what you think is best for you and your family

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Unik3030: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2019
Trustmeall:

Married since 2002.
First kid finished secondary school.
Thanks for the advice
if truly u mean business that u want to jet out, try driving job in UAE. it will cost u less than 1.5million.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by hammed71(m): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2019
sir you can try Canada through express entry, then USA but its not easy to get legal papers there , then Germany or any EU country

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2019
Unik3030:
if truly u mean business that u want to jet out, try driving job in UAE. it will cost u less than 1.5million.

50yr old...holy Lord
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2019
hammed71:
sir you can try Canada through express entry, then USA but its not easy to get legal papers there , then Germany or any EU country

With which funds and how plz
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by error4040: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2019
mamajj17:
Mama let me Replace you in that HitlerLand you de na, since Bills na issue grin
You people outside Nigeria Think the Nigeria You left 5-6years Ago is still the Same thing.
for your Information Nigeria Now is A HungerLand grin grin grin
Allah if you mistakenly come back... the Max you would Spend is 1 week before You Japa!

16 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by mamajj17(f): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2019
error4040:

Mama let me Replace you in that HitlerLand you de na, since Bills na issue grin
You people outside Nigeria Think the Nigeria You left 5-6years Ago is still the Same thing.
for your Information Nigeria Now is A HungerLand grin grin grin
Allah if you mistakenly come back... the Max you would Spend is 1 week before You Japa!
My dear you absolutely right! Wetin Man go do, no place like Home sha wink

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by seguno2: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Gerrard59:
Honestly, you are better off in Nigeria considering your age and how much you have. How you can invest that money, I really don't know. Maybe treasury bills?

Sometimes it is not only about money but the ease of living.
Nevertheless he can take vacation in Ghana, Togo and other West African countries that don’t require visa of Nigerians. He can also vacation in several beautiful, quiet and safe places here while he works with others to find out what makes the countries he wants to migrate to, so nice. As they are finding out, they are also enlightening many people and implementing at their own level.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
mamajj17:
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Unik3030:

Thanks sir. Nice option. I was actually talking to someone who does exactly that just this last weekend. It's an option to explore. The UAE drivers licence takes about 6 months to be out. It is worth the wait anyway.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Trustmeall: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
hammed71:

Okay.Thanks sir
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Vincad: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2019
relocationgarla:
Why don't you move to Canada brother or sis? Here is the Breakdown...

He won't be able to move to Canada through express entry because of his age and also the fact that he has only B.Sc. With CRS score as high as 462, it is not possible

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sir consider sending your child abroad to study instead, you can be visiting them. At 60, most people abroad will be relocating back and that's just 10 yrs older than you. How much hustle will you hustle in that time frame as you're also going to be battling with aging and other factors? can you consider aiming for political appointment? start by helping people in your community but if you insist on travelling focus on a place where you can do business, good luck

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by faceland: 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
2m isn't much. Think of a way to earn your own money before you find a job because there are other struggling people in those countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wins Kung Fu Awards (pictures) / An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.