Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? (11682 Views)

Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life / Lebanese Flee Crisis At Home To Seek Better Life In Africa / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear Two Countries ooooo, Man must Hustle grin

I'm not understanding, please enlighten me biko. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by mamajj17(f): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Correct...that's why Nigeria is known as a shithole!

The Countries that do pay taxes you can see the differences in their infrastructures, Electricity, HealthCare, Schools, Roads, tourism...and the list goes on.

Thanks dear, u are one in a Million cry
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by mamajj17(f): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
truthsayer009:

I'm not understanding, please enlighten me biko. How is that possible?
Mama and Papa live in Germany, Kids study in the UK wink
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Lol!...All your argument was about me, me, me, and me.

Damn anyone else that cannot afford what me have or have easy access to.

Yes, that's the typical Nigerian selfish mentality. cool

I'll make sure to check with you before i make a post in the future, to make sure it's meet your approval.

This is the laziness that your President alluded to.

To real Nigerians making it happen in Nigeria, I salute you and always will.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by molybdenum0012: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Hello, meet EgunMogaji2.

I'ma legitimate Nigerian immigrant from the USA that came back home.

Let me take your points.

Peace of mind: This is relative. I am more at peace here in Ibadan than I was in Los Angeles.

Security: Again this is relative. Couple of students were just murdered in a high school in the USA yesterday. About he 10th mass shooting in the US this year alone. Could Nigeria be safer? Of course, but even the USA could be safer. It boils down to individual preparation.

Fire Service: I've taken individual steps to secure myself. Once you identify the enemy then it's easier to defend against it.

Good roads: Not a problem for me. Are the roads horrible? Absolutely but again it's not a serious bother.

Stable water and electricity: Sank a borehole and have generators. Many of my friends in the USA are off grid. No pipe borne water, use borehole. No electricity, use solar and gens.

Safe food: Come on now. We need to have some individual responsibilities. Go to farms to buy produce now and go to arbatiors (sp) directly.

Clean air: definitely an issue in Nigeria but just slightly worse than then US. Do a read up on SMOG, read up about air quality in Houston.

Healthcare: There are private clinics here. Very good ones. Affordability? Well then.

Access to loans: What for? Do you think USA banks give loans just anyhow?

Bribe: Occurs overseas also but not 50 kobo own with police.

Never say never. There are a lot of us that are back, have been back and will be back.

Nigeria is a wonderful place to live in if you can structure yourself.

Edit: The only thing I really miss here is unlimited internet data angry

Awwwww..... You get mind ooo, coming back to Nigeria to do what exactly. Millions of Nigerians are looking for a way to japa to a saner countries.

I hope you come back home with lots of dollars to invest 'cos there is no job in this shithole.

But then life is not about business. Some people just wanna earn a decent living. Besides, most people homes are struggling to survive, where would they even get the money to invest in the first place..

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by japhethGold: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rwanda is working so I recommend you should relocate to Rwanda and set up a business there. N2.5M is enough to start an African Resturant that will deliver Nigeria meals to offices and conferences to Nigeria companies and other Africans in Kigali.

I wish you God's favor.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by japhethGold: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Pharaoh4rin:

Treasury bills? How's does that business goes?

google and download an investment app developed and deployed by my professional colleague who is a Chartered Financial Analyst-CFA; the app is called cowrywise. Cowrywise allow you to invest in mutual funds managed by SEC licensed investment banks in Nigeria and earb upto 14% per annum in interest on your investment. The beuaty is that you can break your investment and have your money sent to your bank account anytime you choose to do so.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Beautyaddy: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
molybdenum0012:

Awwwww..... You get mind ooo, coming back to Nigeria to do what exactly. Millions of Nigerians are looking for a way to japa to a saner countries.

I hope you come back home with lots of dollars to invest 'cos there is no job in this shithole.

But then life is not about business. Some people just wanna earn a decent living. Besides, most people homes are struggling to survive, where would they even get the money to invest in the first place..

EgunMogaji2, has been there and done that for about thirty years according to him.

His coming back to Nigeria is to retire( not to go about looking for jobs again) and enjoy the benefits of both Worlds(Sane and Insane).

I will encourage anyone who have the opportunity to do the same too.

Get out of Nigeria to saner Countries( whose currency is of a higher value by far than the Naira), get their passport, invest in a job that will enable you to invest in retirements you will be entitled to from both the jobs and social securities retirement money you have paid into the system.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
molybdenum0012:

I came back home because I miss home. I actually really like Nigeria. I came back to my city of birth.

Understandably I did not make the move when I was married and raising children and climbing the corporate ladder.

On the other hand I know many politicians, musicians, businessmen that they only found success when they came back home.

Good luck to all of us where ever we decide to hang our hats. May our blessings reach us.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by molybdenum0012: 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I came back home because I miss home. I actually really like Nigeria. I came back to my city of birth.

Understandably I did not make the move when I was married and raising children and climbing the corporate ladder.

On the other hand I know many politicians, musicians, businessmen that they not found success when they came back home.

Good luck to all of us where ever we decide to hang out hats. May our blessings reach us.

Wow.... Well done sir. I think I understand you better now.

Can I have a chat with you outside this forum?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by rinzaugustine: 4:18am On Nov 16, 2019
Trustmeall:

Thanks sir. This is why I have come out to seek opinions. I appreciate you for the encouragement.
Please don’t listen to whoever is giving you the bizarre advice of selling pepper soup instead of pursuing your dreams.Study for the GRE exam.A very good score can give you a US scholarship .There is a thread in this travel section on that
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2019
Trustmeall:

I am currently in Nigeria. I want to relocate to anywhere in the Caribbean or to any Island of America where I can enter via a tourist visa and be able to get a job and live without immigration harassment. I was told about Bahamas but when I went online to read, I learnt that the immigration is very strict. Someone also mentioned about Barbados but I don't have any information about how strict their immigration is. I don't also know how to get a job there. I am 50 years old this year but I can work like a 30 year old. I just read about Jamaica this evening but it seems there is no job there. I wouldn't mind to live and work in Jamaica is there are jobs there. I was also told about Dominican Republic but I don't have any information about their immigration policy and job availability
kindly advise me on which of the country in that zone has job and with simple immigration policy. I believe that wages there would be better than going to Turkey for my Msc. I never thought of undertaking Msc until recently when I am seeing it as an avenue to stay and work legally in foreign countries. I have read it here that Turkey has limited job opportunities with little wages but I wouldn't mind if that would be the last option.

I have made up my mind to get out of here. I have been denied visas in USA and Uk visiting. I need advise. Thanks.

Budget : N2m-N2.5m

That is illegal in EVERY country on the planet. A tourist visa is not for work that's why there are WORK VISAS. So if you want to emigrate and have valuable skills, you can go to almost any country as long as you apply for the correct visa.

Also, don't forget with higher wages also comes a higher cost of living and they are not always balanced.
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2019
Ilekokonit:

A visa does not guarantee an income ANYWHERE on earth.

A visa also does not guarantee that they will allow you to enter their country at their airport.

If they are not convinced that you are a ...
makes those countries work and look appealing.

If some of these Nigerians get N2.5 million Naira equivalent in their bank accounts today, a lot of them will come back to Nigeria yesterday.

Every response except this one can be deleted now smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 8:02am On Nov 16, 2019
error4040:

Mama let me Replace you in that HitlerLand you de na, since Bills na issue grin
You people outside Nigeria Think the Nigeria You left 5-6years Ago is still the Same thing.
for your Information Nigeria Now is A HungerLand grin grin grin
Allah if you mistakenly come back... the Max you would Spend is 1 week before You Japa!

I came back and I'm doing just fine. My Jamaican husband also came and refuses to leave and I just hired a white American on trial basis for a month who is so excited and is immigrating. Your point?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2019
stagger:
OP,
Let me come in here at this point.

There are only 3 pathways to moving abroad:
a) Study
b) Work
c) Investment

You are more likely to get a visa out of the country with permanent stay as an investor. Most countries will welcome you when you come with cash to invest, or you come with cash to study (which does not guarantee permanent stay). I would advise you to do some business for the next 3 years and grow your cash base massively.

Then take the money and locate a country with constant power and make your investment. Countries have different investment criteria like your minimum capital injection. You need to look at this option. With this option, even if you are as old as Methuselah, your chances of getting permanent stay are enhanced because you are adding to the economy via job creation and cash injection.

Some countries even allow you to buy their passport with as low as $100,000 (N36m). A single contract with the Nigerian govt can give you this money if you are lucky.

There is a lot I can tell you about this but I cannot say more.
NB: I am already working on one such investment visa and I am using a law firm to do it. It costs money but it is worth the effort.

Bahamas, Bahrain and a few Caribbean countries sell their passports as mentioned
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 8:11am On Nov 16, 2019
shengmei:
Please oh God never move to Houston! Only 1% of gunshots are reported. Everyone goes to illegal doctors because if you get shot it's you who go to prison, not the bad guy.

Nobody wondered why a video of a fat Asian chick in a ball gown throwing a chair at a gun didn't get viral. When it first happened, cops thought it was a publicity stunt.
So this happened last Christmas https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.chron.com/houston/amp/Man-shot-arrested-after-aggravated-robbery-of-13485680.php&ved=2ahUKEwj4jp_z3OPlAhUGDKwKHVuZA6YQFjAAegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3DWmbjbh5rm73IfBQsodmp&ampcf=1 That was us. We then got framed by our HOA , who just happened to use the same lawyer as the Houston Mayor, right before we were scheduled to testify. I have been telling everyone that the guy we shot that he is the Houston Mayor's cousin. We know the guy we shot (Kendrick Trayvon Skinner) is related to a shitload of cops, and both his family and Mayor Turner's family was in the same square miles for 6 generations. I know Turner is also related to a shitload of cops. Kendrick Trayvon Skinner is the grandson of Sylvester Turner's sister

I have a lot of evidence of what happened. My Facebook was taken down at law enforcement's bequest (Facebook told me it's because of sex, which is ridiculous, I am an Armenian Orthodox Christian) My YouTube channel is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4LUbGWCkg

I know we will definitely get sued, but it's better than getting Hillary Clintoned for sure. Cop's have been showing up at our house every day, even after we moved away from Houston.

Which Houston are you living in?? Must be a different Houston from me...

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by molybdenum0012: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

I came back and I'm doing just fine. My Jamaican husband also came and refuses to leave and I just hired a white American on trial basis for a month who is so excited and is immigrating. Your point?

Not everybody can make it in America, but of course there is higher probability you can make it there if you are strategic, smart and prayerful.

Unlike Nigeria where life is a gamble for common men:
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 10:11am On Nov 16, 2019
All does telling you Nigeria is good.. We came back.. All have the blue passport .. Their children have the blue passport..
They left when they were young & made it in america,they are now telling the young you.. We came back.. Nigeria is good grin grin
If your have a blue passport & as much dollars(which was made in America) as they do.. Nigeria will also be wonderful place to live for you ..
If you are from an extremely rich "oil" family.. Nigeria will also be a wonderful place to live for you..
I personally have no plans to migrate or leave naija because I am doing "alright" but if my jobless or struggling brother comes to me & tells me "Bros.. I want leave this country" .. I will not tell him Nigeria is good because I am doing fine.. I will sponsor him, up till my last kobo to leave this shithole of a country..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by molybdenum0012: 10:17am On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:
All does telling you Nigeria is good.. We came back.. All have the blue passport .. Their children have the blue passport..
They left when they were young & made it in america,they are now telling the young you.. We came back.. Nigeria is good grin grin
If your have a blue passport & as much dollars(which was made in America) as they do.. Nigeria will also be wonderful place to live for you ..
If you are from an extremely rich "oil" family.. Nigeria will also be a wonderful place to live for you..
I personally have no plans to migrate or leave naija because I am doing "alright" but if my jobless or struggling brother comes to me & tells me "Bros.. I want leave this country" .. I will not tell him Nigeria is good because I am doing fine.. I will sponsor him, up till my last kobo to leave this shithole of a country..

No one has said it better. Increase the volume bro.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2019
molybdenum0012:

No one has said it better. Increase the volume bro.
grin

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by seunoj: 11:29am On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

In addition sir, na business pple they return to naija to exploit the free entry n free exit palava. Laws are relatively relaxed here. It is hardly enforced. I will encourage pple to leave naija anyhow.
My take is, don't just go abroad without a plan.
Map out a plan and pray.
I did like to go abroad study, acquire knowledge and experience and return years later to chop naija money.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

Also good points. But people still need to be disabused about certain notions about leaving the country
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Also good points. But people still need to be disabused about certain notions about leaving the country

Like?
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Please don’t listen to whoever is giving you the bizarre advice of selling pepper soup instead of pursuing your dreams.Study for the GRE exam.A very good score can give you a US scholarship .There is a thread in this travel section on that
Op, please, I am not trying to derail your thread

@ rinzaugustine, i plan to write GRE next year but I always feel bad each time I search online & see that the graduate requirement for admission into unis in the US is 2.1, I graduated with 2.2 (below 3.0) Computer Science..
You know of any school bro? what do u advice?

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Beautyaddy: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

Thank you!!

I will never discourage anyone from leaving the shithole(Nigeria) if given chance to do so.

As I have stated earlier get out of Nigeria to saner Countries( whose currency is of a higher value by far than the Naira), get their passport, AND I EMPHASIZE AGAIN THAT YOU GET THEIR PASSPORT so that you will not need to beg for visa to visit most sane Countries, invest in a job that will enable you to invest in retirements in that sane Country so that you will be entitled to from both the jobs and social securities retirement money you have paid into the system after retirement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

Finally I can agree with you 100% ...... You said it better than I did .....

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Thank you!!

I will never discourage anyone from leaving the shithole(Nigeria) if given chance to do so.

As I have stated earlier get out of Nigeria to saner Countries( whose currency is of a higher value by far than the Naira), get their passport, AND I EMPHASIZE AGAIN THAT YOU GET THEIR PASSPORT so that you will not need to beg for visa to visit most sane Countries, invest in a job that will enable you to invest in retirements in that sane Country so that you will be entitled to from both the jobs and social securities retirement money you have paid into the system after retirement.

Well said .. When dru23 talks ,people think am crazy and not logical.. It feels good to see people that are logical and objective as I am ... you said better than I did.. Much respect

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

1. Bad road
2. No jobs
3. No stable electricity, business owners like you ,know how much money they spend on fuel
3. Bad health care system.. People still die from common sickness that can easily be cured . You have a blue passport , you run a successful business, you yourself ran from this country to get better education.. How come you didn't stay.. The list goes on and on
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
dru23:

1. Bad road
2. No jobs
3. No stable electricity, business owners like you ,know how much money they spend on fuel
3. Bad health care system.. People still die from common sickness that can easily be cured . You have a blue passport , you run a successful business, you yourself ran from this country to get better education.. How come you didn't stay.. The list goes on and on

1. Agreed but a lot of the US is the same. Only the metropolitan cities have excellent roads.
2. B.S. when people get jobs, they act like you owe them a favor. Poor work ethic in general. It's like "oh...I have to work for this pay..?" If jobs were that hard, people would value them. With the exception of rad auto works, the employees at my other companies' work ethic astounds me on a daily basis. I just no get their time at the moment.
3. Yes, but power isn't exactly cheap overseas either
4. Agreed. But US is not much better. Or you don't see these people dying there because they came afford healthcare?

I never wanted to go. My parents made me and that's why I came back first chance I could. I work as hard here as I did there but I also get to KEEP more of my earnings here.
Also, made sure my kids went to school here and not the USA so....

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

1. Agreed but a lot of the US is the same. Only the metropolitan cities have excellent roads.
2. B.S. when people get jobs, they act like you owe them a favor. Poor work ethic in general. It's like "oh...I have to work for this pay..?" If jobs were that hard, people would value them. With the exception of rad auto works, the employees at my other companies' work ethic astounds me on a daily basis. I just no get their time at the moment.
4. Agreed. But US is not much better. Or you don't see these people dying there because they came afford healthcare?

I never wanted to go. My parents made me and that's why I came back first chance I could. I work as hard here as I did there but I also get to KEEP more of my earnings here.

You are risk taker.. Me can never do it .. If something happens to my kids ,I will never forgive myself.. My major concerns are the medical facility in Nigeria.. It is the worse of the worse.. But each to his own ,
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

The USA health care system is still better than Nigeria anytime, any day ... I will take my chances with the USA health care.. Common malaria still kills millions of people in Africa and Nigeria. Wack Nigerian doctors and nurses dey there too ... fake medication the list goes on and on

You said power is expensive in the USA.. At least there is power.. Compare to Nigeria, you still pay through your nose and still not get power...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wins Kung Fu Awards (pictures) / An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.