Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport (11579 Views)

Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' / 'Stolen From Haven Suit': This Hotel Is Tired Of People Stealing Its Towels / Airport Staff, Omoniyi, Hailed For Helping Passenger Retrieve Lost Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by JerryLegend(m): 6:41am On Oct 21, 2019
sad
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by princemeadow(m): 6:52am On Oct 21, 2019
I paid 85k to get my stolen passport replaced and it took me 84 days at Alausa passport office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Olu1000: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2019
fkj950ax:

It seems they know the thief. Then it can be retrieved.

Human Trafficking. Drug smuggling. Boko Harram terrorism... Plenty reasons

Lol !! I wonder what somebody will use another person's passport for.Its practically useless because they will certainly catch you!!
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by agarawu23(m): 7:17am On Oct 21, 2019
checkpoint:
Why should anyone steal a naija passport sef
in countries like Dubai, you need to hide your passport inside your pants/boxers. Nigerians are capable of doing anything
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Didi2d(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2019
You can only retrieve it abuja the immigration office, if anybody tells you otherwise omo na big lie
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Didi2d(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2019
You can only retrieve it in abuja the immigration office, if anybody tells you otherwise omo na big lie
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by opportunities12(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2019
Drienzia:
I will advice you do a new one, because going to the immigration office to file a report and going through all the processes is stressful and believe me it’s not worth it. But if the need for the retrieval isn’t urgent, then I would advice you go to the immigration office to start up with the retrieval, An Affidavit is needed, NIN ID etc. Also it costs very little or nothing . Although you will have to wait for months just like that of National Identification Number
Remember this is an e-passport, the biometrics of the owner is on the system, he must present the old passport for cancellation before applying for a new one. The best bet is to report it as stolen go through the necessary process. BTW this is Nigeria where nothing is impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Rapsainot(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2019
Didi2d:
You can only retrieve it in abuja the immigration office, if anybody tells you otherwise omo na big lie
I lost mine as well. I got a re-issued passport at Osogbo Immigration in less than 3 weeks. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2019
Gabson006:

Please ma, how much is renewal for a new passport
The official price of the new standard passport without going through agent is 25,000naira for 32 pages with validity of 5 years,while 64 pages for 5 years validity is 35,000 naira
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by bankole200(m): 7:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Get a police report, court affidavit, hope you have your passport number with you? because you will need it. Then you make an application for a replacement at any immigration office close to you. Though an approval will be sought from Abuja immigration office before they can proceed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by ab3458(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2019
This is the exact process to follow
bankole200:
Get a police report, court affidavit, hope you have your passport number with you? because you will need it. Then you make an application for a replacement at any immigration office close to you. Though an approval will be sought from Abuja immigration office before they can proceed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Sixaxis: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Olatundebadmus:
Hi,if you want to retrieve a stolen or lost passport kindly follow the following steps.
A....you would go to the nearest HIGH COURT to swear an affidavit that :
(1)your passport was stolen and
(2) that the said passport belongs to you ,quoting your NAME,DATE OF BIRTH AND PASSPORT NUMBER as it appeared on the lost /stolen passport.

(B) After you have got the affidavit pls take it to the nearest police station and request for a police report or a police extract as some call it.
The police know how it is written.

(C) once you have these two,pls vist the nearest immigration office or passport office scattered around the country. At their gate pls ask for the P.C.O or the P.R.O.
The P.C.O is the head of passport section while the P.R.O is self explanatory.
These two people would put you through on what else you might be required to do.

Sir,you do NOT NEED TO GO to ABUJA TO retrieve YOUR lost passport anymore.
I would also advice you against trying to do /obtain another passport with out following due process because once you capture and you have biometric the system would alert them that you have an existing passport,failure to declare this is actually regarded as a criminal offence for you the service has been empowered to prosecute, asides from that you automatically forfeit what ever payments you have made.

I misplaced mine some few weeks back and I went to the immigration office so as to replace it. It was tagged “Lost Case”. I replaced it paying 50k...I did my capturing the same day and i collected it the following week.

Court affidavit and police report would be done by the agency. You do not have to go through the supposed stress. Peace..
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Didi2d(m): 8:23am On Oct 21, 2019
Rapsainot:
I lost mine as well. I got a re-issued passport at Osogbo Immigration in less than 3 weeks. cool

Really, probably things have changed, a friend list his some times ago and he was told he could only get it in abuja and even when I was processing mine the immigration officer told us same thing too.
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by solmmak(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2019
You can only apply for a re-issue due to a lost case..... All you need to do is to get a court affidavit, police extract/report, and visit any immigration office headquarters in your state of residence.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by femi4: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2019
SIRKAY98:
i thinknthis person uses d passport for a loan. and he's looking for information,on how he can default.
Banks do collect many things to identify you before given you loan. Your bvn is more than enough to track you
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by frozen70g(f): 9:51am On Oct 21, 2019
atarapa:
The only way is for you to go to immigration office in Abuja by airport road. But before going to abj, kindly go to the nearest immigration office for enquiry.

It can be retrieved in any passport office of your choice, get a copy of the data page, swear an affidavits and make police report with it and go for application of lost passport
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by frozen70g(f): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2019
Teaorcoffee:
My friend's Passport was stolen last week.. Is there a way it can be retrieved??

It can be retrieved in any passport office of your choice, get a copy of the data page, swear an affidavits and make police report with it and go for application of lost passport
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2019
frozen70g:

oga did my at abj why am still in lag.
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 21, 2019
You will go to Abuja but you need to get a police report a court affidavit and the stress is fucking much when l could not find my own l had to wait for few months before it expired but my bro you need those things mentioned l just don’t know why you will have to go to Abuja to get a new one when we have series of passport office in every state
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Gabson006: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Pettyprincess:

The official price of the new standard passport without going through agent is 25,000naira for 32 pages with validity of 5 years,while 64 pages for 5 years validity is 35,000 naira
Yes I got my passport in 2015 at #25000
Which is due for renewal next year.
How much is it if I want to renew it.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by frozen70g(f): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2019
atarapa:
oga did my at abj why am still in lag.

He played you, go and make your research
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Teaorcoffee:
My friend's Passport was stolen last week.. Is there a way it can be retrieved??

You can't
..you will need police report affidavit ..I also went ahead and did newspaper publication to avoid issues though it would be cancelled on system ..I advise you hurriedly act because if it falls into wrong hands no excuse can defend u .so first things first police report

After wards you go to immigration and apply for a new one going along with police report and affidavit
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
frozen70g:

It can't be retrieved only replaced.. Even if after wards he finds it he will have to rake it where they will stamp "cancel without prejudice"
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
Gabson006:

Yes I got my passport in 2015 at #25000
Which is due for renewal next year.
How much is it if I want to renew it.
Thanks
It's same price for renewal also
The official price b4 August was 17,500 for 32 pages,i did mine for 35k through an agent without stressing myself at all.they increased it recently to 25k for official price bt if you wanna go through agent it is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Teaorcoffee(f): 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=Mustsucceed post=83331216]

You can't
..you will need police report affidavit ..I also went ahead and did newspaper publication to avoid issues though it would be cancelled on system ..I advise you hurriedly act because if it falls into wrong hands no excuse can defend u .so first things first police report

Okay.. Thank you
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Teaorcoffee(f): 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
checkpoint:
Why should anyone steal a naija passport sef

I wonder..
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Teaorcoffee(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
femi4:
Do police report and attach it to your application for a new one.

You really need a mentor

cheesy
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by Teaorcoffee(f): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
SIRKAY98:
i thinknthis person uses d passport for a loan. and he's looking for information,on how he can default.

Really Sounds like something you've tried
Re: How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport by femi4: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Teaorcoffee:

cheesy
Which area do you need mentorship

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LRU Training For Aircraft Emergencies (Photos From Their Simulation Exercise) / Can An Auxiliary Nurse Be Employed Abroad? / I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.