Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,540 members, 7,840,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why I Spoke On Inherited N30bn Debt – Fayemi ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Spoke On Inherited N30bn Debt – Fayemi ! (565 Views)

Abia Speaker Deceived Us To Approve N30bn Loan —lawmakers / Amaechi Spent N30bn On Buhari - Wike / N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Spoke On Inherited N30bn Debt – Fayemi ! by wales(m): 6:35am On Nov 10, 2010
Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday said he made public the financial situation of the state so that the people would know the position of things at the time he assumed office.

He said he had no intention of playing politics with the financial position of the state by declaring that he inherited about N30bn debt from the immediate past government in the state.

Fayemi, who stated this while receiving the state chapter of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council, said he had no reason to deceive the people of the state.

He said his statement should not be seen as a political vendetta.

He said, “Ekiti people deserve to know what I met on ground and the challenges facing our administration.

“We lack the power to punish anybody found to have stolen government money as there are relevant institutions to try those guilty of financial crimes.

“When I said I met a N30bn debt, it was what I found on ground. I must tell the truth and it was not done out of acrimony.

“It was not done to intimidate anybody but to be open-minded; this government is not a financial crimes commission, it is the Federal Government that has the institutions that deals with such matters.

Fayemi said he was not on a missin to destroy anybody, adding, “As a Christian, I did not come with recriminations or reprisals. What has happened in this state is in accordance with God’s wishes.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011101164132
Re: Why I Spoke On Inherited N30bn Debt – Fayemi ! by wales(m): 6:36am On Nov 10, 2010
Your excellency, u can do better by telling us the real financial situation of the state i.e, tell the good people of Ekiti both the assets & liabilities of the government. Telling us only the debt inherited is like a one way traffic & it will allow more criticisms.
Re: Why I Spoke On Inherited N30bn Debt – Fayemi ! by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
lol cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Official Prediction Thread: Who Will Be The President Of Nigeria In 2011? / Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond / Jonathan, Obasanjo, Atiku, Govs, Others Pay !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.