Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) (59574 Views)

Truck Crushes Shop Owner To Death In Abeokuta (Photos) / Tipper Crushes Legs Of A Soldier Riding Motorcycle In Abeokuta(photos) / Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by madridsta007(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
travelwaka:
There are so many fun activities to do at the resort and I can bet you, you can never get bored. It is fully packed with twenty-first-century amenities.

The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential library is located on over 30 hectares of land. It has
1. a museum
2. A resort
3. A zoo
4. A restaurant
5. An amusement park
6. a 1500 seater capacity hall
7. A cinema
8. A hotel

Picture
The amusement park

The year is 2051. I am at the Buhari Presidential Library, Daura, Katsina, an education bee-hive for Sub-Saharan Africa.... undecided
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Lanre0: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
This is a good effort but for Baba Obasanjo's name to be written in gold, all the structures should be returned to Nigeria as a nation because they are all proceeds of thievery & fraud.
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by biggerboyc(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:
They where built from stolen funds.

Nothing to see here.
If this is true OBJ is the best thief Nigeria can ever have. Other politicians will steal a buy house in Uk, US and Paris. But this thief built a library and its available for public use.

3 Likes

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Sunnymatey(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.
Go and cease it nah.
EFCC no deh fear face?
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nice one. Honestly he really tried in maintaining it and even added more value to the library.
He has traded with his talent unlike some that will hide theirs.

Before opening the thread, I tot I wud see abandoned property surrounded with bush.

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by higgs: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
Much of the funds for the project were raised as donations from leading businessmen including Dangote.I still vaguely remember watching the event on TV.

2 Likes

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
wow, it's really amazing.
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Dechymmytv(f): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
travelwaka:
lalasticlala there is a snake in the zoo. a rock python
I like this your job grin

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by jclassiq(m): 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
ursullalinda:
Wow this is massive .... Will luv to visit. But wait oh our leaders no get joy......how did OBJ get this kind money for this kind investment..... I tire for Naija

He actually blackmailed all the Nigerian rich men to build it by organizing a fundraiser. His own money that went inside will be very small. I know dangote alone gave 1billion naira or thereabouts. I knew everything then.

4 Likes

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by travelwaka: 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
You can click here to join the group lets talk from there https://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/

kenny714433:
Travelwaka, please could we go on a tour together?
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Yoighaman(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
The name is misleading, this is not a library, it is a business. OP couldn't even show us books.
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Houseoffranklin: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
I have been there. The reception of green Lagacy there is wow, pretty ethopian ladies there too.

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 6:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
ArcFresky:
Unfortunately when OBJ dies there will be no one to maintain it.
we are waiting for him to Yankari before we act,FG will take all his farms and this.
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by ntyce(m): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.

Point of correction, not stolen funds rather public funds compulsory donated by all states....

Governors donated then to seek favour from Obj then
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Thugaa: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.
At least Its better than investing the stolen funds in a foreign country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Holamilekan97(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
My city smiley grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by chibyk92: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.

Atleat it's fair the stole the fund and reinvest it here in the country than taking it abroad like most of them do..

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Arijude(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.
You are very right
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by efembaba(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Library with no single pic of book
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Passionate888: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
ursullalinda:
Wow this is massive .... Will luv to visit. But wait oh our leaders no get joy......how did OBJ get this kind money for this kind investment..... I tire for Naija
Donations, I remembered watching it live on tv
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by wajaja: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.

It wasn't built with stolen fund rather by donations.
A dinner was held then for donation.
alot of people and governor of states donated for the Libary. I can remember Dangote and Adenuga donated alot of money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by alimohammedibn(m): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Nothing to see here.
are you serious,���
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Treasure17:
''Those who throw objects at the crocodiles /snakes will be asked to retrieve them"..They must be kidding. grin Beautiful environment though.
cheesy that signpost got me laughing
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by MoIbrahim: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
Some will soon tell us that he tried cos he left the stolen money here used it to build a park for us to enter at a fee

Mouth Gig:
NA HERE DIS THIEF, SPEND GOVERNMENT MONEY grin grin grin grin

SMH

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by DedeNkem: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
This is what Obasanjo's massive corruption built!
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by ursullalinda(f): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2019
jclassiq:

He actually blackmailed all the Nigerian rich men to build it by organizing a fundraiser. His own money that went inside will be very small. I know dangote alone gave 1billion naira or thereabouts. I knew everything then.

Wow so EFCC can't come near.... well good investment he got there

1 Like

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Nthrone(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
ArcFresky:
Unfortunately when OBJ dies there will be no one to maintain it.

State govt will take it up
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Christie171(f): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
bmdmix:
why they call it library and not just resort haba
Not just a resort..it's a complete library, filled with beautiful historical act works, books etc....free wifi everywhere. The hotel is exceptionally beautiful compared to many top notch hotels I've been to as a caregiver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by Christie171(f): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
efembaba:
Library with no single pic of book
Lots of books and beautiful artworks to see inside the library
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by sureteeboy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
bmdmix:
why they call it library and not just resort haba
I can help you design a quality graphics that speak well of the brand cool Hit me on Whats-Appp https:///2348100931574
Re: The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Abeokuta (Photos) by bmdmix: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
Christie171:

Not just a resort..it's a complete library, filled with beautiful historical act works, books etc....free wifi everywhere. The hotel is exceptionally beautiful compared to many top notch hotels I've been to as a caregiver.
so am guessing people will b very quiet there since it has library there shey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.