Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice (5812 Views)

How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wow.... Pls, work on item number 3, 4 nd 5. Like odas have suggested earlier, ur madam shld be doing sometin to support u.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
Everyone asking him why his wife is not working. Lol

Cognitive dissonance at its finest
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
For all those who say you can live on 50k per month
I smell bs though.

Unless it's daycare, school fees are per term, not per month

You live in lagos, so I am sure your rent is also per annum.

No money for gas/kero?

No money for vim and dishwasher soap?
No money for generator petrol?

Assuming this is true -
Anyway, first place to cut is church. Better face the issues in your own life first

Your wife needs to chip in somehow

Also see if your company has a cooperative

What work do you do?
Is there anything you can do on weekends to make extra
money eg uber driving?

Are you absolutely sure your have identified the cheapest sellers of your foodstuff?

Eg caprisonne is cheapest at chi

For some reason milk and beverages are cheapest at best choice(I hope I will not find out they are adulterated)

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by LadySarah: 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
BLUELemon:

and that's why he is seeking for a solution... Since the wife isn't working yet, what's your solution?

She should Go and work and lessen the burden of the man.They need a side biz .What If this salary gets delayed?
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by LadySarah: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
For tithe;Im still studying My bible.
Close eyes and buy ur food in bulk.It saves You so much money.
Buy beverages in rolls instead of Tins.

pls since All are in school,Madam needs to Go and work;menialjobs,housekeeping etc.She can earn and also raise money for a biz.

You are a Good man.pls cancel anything childbearing.

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by NL1960: 9:57am On Oct 23, 2019
LadySarah:
For tithe;Im still studying My bible.
Close eyes and buy ur food in bulk.It saves You so much money.
Buy beverages in rolls instead of Tins.

pls since All are in school,Madam needs to Go and work;menialjobs,housekeeping etc.She can earn and also raise money for a biz.

You are a Good man.pls cancel anything childbearing.

In Nigeria, most people think some jobs are beneath them. I know of a family that is living from hand to mouth with the wife not really working but the wife thinks it is beneath her to go and do 'errand' job for a comfortable woman that wants that service in the name of 'why should i go to market for that small girl wen i senior'. What does the 'errand' job entails?. Collect list from her and money. Go to market and purchase what she wants and you get paid for the service. There is even compound sweeping or cleaning flats for people that are too busy to do it.

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by LadySarah: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2019
NL1960:

In Nigeria, most people think some jobs are beneath them. I know of a family that is living from hand to mouth with the wife not really working but the wife thinks it is beneath her to go and do 'errand' job for a comfortable woman that wants that service in the name of 'why should i go to market for that small girl wen i senior'. What does the 'errand' job entails?. Collect list from her and money. Go to market and purchase what she wants and you get paid for the service. There is even compound sweeping or cleaning flats for people that are too busy to do it.

Yesoo.because Op will soon say no money to start business for her not knowing that by She doing menial jobs;even cleaning for banks,homes.caregiving,shopping for ppl.homelessons,joining eventplanners for saturday work and other seasonal jobs will help her gain experience,contribute to the home and also save up to start a petty business.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by LadySarah: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2019
cococandy:

Coco,explain more
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Instinged:
Here is my monthly expenditure every month for every year.
I hardly meet up so i end up taking loans, so i want to know if am
the one over spending or how..
I seems not to understand myself, salary will be paid in few days
and i cant even meet up with some of these expenses.
I have FIVE(5) major places my money goes to
1. FOOD 2. TRANSPORTATION 3. CHURCH 4. SCHOOL 5. HOUSE

SALARY/INCOME PER MONTH
EXPENDITURE BY DEFAULT

EXPENDITURE PER MONTH

1. FOOD;

RICE 8000
BEANS 3000
SPAG 1000
SEMO 1500
YAM 3000
P. WATER 2000
SOUP 12OOO
BREAD 2000
TOOTHPASTE 350
WSHING SOAP/OMO 1500
BATHING SOAP 2000

2. TRANSPORTATION
OWORO SHOKI TO VI (MON-FRI) 8000
CHURCH 1000
OTHERS(VISITATION) 2000

3. CHURCH
TITHE 10,000
OFFERING 2500
OTHERS( CHURCH DEV) 3000

4. SCHOOL
FEES FOR 3KIDS 22500 PER MONTH
BISCUIT 2000 CARTON
MILK/MILO 4000
INDOMIE 3000
JUICE 2000

5. HOUSE
RENT 21000 PER MONTH
NEPA 3000
GoTv 2000

Thank You

Dear OP,

Sorry for the stress, it is not easy to manage financials not enough.

@ List, let's look at it:
1. FOOD;

RICE 8000// Why not buy a bag for about 3 or 4 months?
BEANS 3000
SPAG 1000// What of indomine instead?
SEMO 1500// what if you do red garri instead?
YAM 3000
P. WATER 2000
SOUP 12OOO// what is the breakdown?
BREAD 2000
TOOTHPASTE 350
WSHING SOAP/OMO 1500
BATHING SOAP 2000// What about cheaper alternatives like Eva?

2. TRANSPORTATION
CHURCH 1000// Is there no closer church walking distance?
OTHERS(VISITATION) 2000// Is this absolutely compulsory?

3. CHURCH
TITHE 10,000
OFFERING 2500
OTHERS( CHURCH DEV) 3000// Why are you paying levy every month when you are not even surviving?

4. SCHOOL (I presume your wife is at home which means she has the resource of time. Can she be more creative on the kids stuffs to school? Why do they need indomine and biscuits? Juice and Milk/Milo? Choose one. She can also buy fruits and cut up for them to school in addition to their food. Since you have rice, she can do jollof rice with titus/shawa fish, rice with vegetables (ugwu/green, tomatoes, crayfish and fish), rice with vegs (carrots, green peas and runner beans from Mallam (healthier and cheaper), Rice and beans etc. She needs to be resourceful.
BISCUIT 2000 CARTON
MILK/MILO 4000
INDOMIE 3000
JUICE 2000

5. HOUSE
RENT 21000 PER MONTH
NEPA 3000
GoTv 2000 (there are lower bauquets)

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
SirVintageCock:
This, right here shows that the traditional family settings as we know it is becoming null and void in this century. Men can no longer fend for our families without relying heavily in our wives. Practically, 80% of the commenters are requesting to know what the wife is bringing to the table without checking that the list does not contain any nanny or house help allowances. So obviously the wife is contributing massively albeit unnoticeably.
So op, weigh your options and drop the church AID that is zapping 15% of your salary.
As others opines, encourage your wife to start up something from home depending on how young your children are ..handiwork, small scale businesses or teaching home lessons. Anything apart from this will incure more expenses to your already dwindling economy.
You can also transfer to a less expensive city or state.

@Bold: very apt
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
AmericanDad:
My God this is why i fear getting married and settling down in this economy. This guy is really suffering mehn. I earn 340k as a single dude and i still loathe and pity my self. Wow! Real wow

340k and you pity yourself? undecided

Odiegwu

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
cococandy:

Hahahahahahaha

The funny thing is that if the wife works, except she is solely on her own and can do EVERYTHING she currently does without a sweat, they would be worse off.

I am just thinking about it again;

They do not pay for extramural lessons, no budget for clothes (wifey is at home and can manage whatever), hair, shoes, outings, payment for chores etc.

I would also wager that the OP does not do any chores (Oworosoki - V/I) everyday is not beans so the wife carries all that burden.

Yet, we are asking 'What does she do or she should assist the man.'

If she does, who will pick up the slack that would be left?

A business I can think of is frying potatoes, plantain, yam etc in front of the house however, it is very very time intensive and energy sapping.

OP should brace himself up more to earn more.

When people talk of unpaid work and the only arrangement that seems fair to an average woman is one where she stays at home and the man works full time, it seems idiotic.

CC: LadySarah

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by cococandy(f): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for explaining

Honestly I don’t know how you still do it.

My patience for explaining very very obvious things has waned considerably.

bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha

The funny thing is that if the wife works, except she is solely on her own and can do EVERYTHING she currently does without a sweat, they would be worse off.

They do not pay for extramural lessons, no budget for clothes (wifey is at home and can manage whatever), hair, shoes, outings, payment for chores etc.

I would also wager that the OP does not do any chores (Oworosoki - V/I) everyday is not beans so the wife carries all that burden.

A business I can think of is frying potatoes, plantain, yam etc in front of the house however, it is very very time intensive and energy sapping.

When people talk of unpaid work and the only arrangement that seems fair to an average woman is one where she stays at home and the man works full time, it seems idiotic.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ryan03(f): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
Bringing in half? I hope you do not subscribe to the man of the house craps because if you do, this nullifies that. Cos if the wife is bringing in half, the house-chores should also be divided.
I have and will always be an advocate for gender equality. House chores can never be 50-50, if you try that you may end up monitoring every thing in the house. Let everyone live freely without trying to Lord over the other and the home will be perfect
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Theyoungmatron: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha

CC: LadySarah
People fail to understand this. If that woman step out to work no matter how menial, the home-front will suffer. It is very obvious that this is a young family except if all the kids are in school.
There is no allowance for clothes, shoes, baby foods, diaper etc.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ryan03(f): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
Bringing in half? I hope you do not subscribe to the man of the house craps because if you do, this nullifies that. Cos if the wife is bringing in half, the house-chores should also be divided.
or you don't want to contribute in your home?
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Theyoungmatron: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ryan03:
I have and will always be an advocate for gender equality. House chores can never be 50-50, if you try that you may end up monitoring every thing in the house. Let everyone live freely without trying to Lord over the other and the home will be perfect
Well Ryan, most Nigerian male aren't. They meanders from a typical traditional husband to 21st century husband to bible-thumping husbands etc. Their confusion caused them to practically sits on the fence jumping from one type to the other.

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ryan03(f): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
People fail to understand this. If that woman step out to work no matter how menial, the home-front will suffer. It is very obvious that this is a young family except if all the kids are in school.
that is why we have to put away the idea of husband catering fie the home financially while all chores rests on the wife. If both parties work together, they will be able to do it. Just that some men want a working wife and still expect her to do everything in the house. It will never work that way

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Theyoungmatron: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ryan03:
or you don't want to contribute in your home?
Monetary, materially, in house-chores..........where else. Have been contributing for aeons. Some women don't have the luxury of making good plans and having helps like house-helps, relatives, in-laws but they are expected to do all and still contribute financially to the home.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ryan03(f): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
Well Ryan, most Nigerian male aren't. They meanders from a typical traditional husband to 21st century husband to bible-thumping husbands etc. Their confusion caused them to practically sits on the fence jumping from one type to the other.
shine your eye well o, any man that exhibit a trait you can't deal with, quickly cut off. Its because women tolerates it that's why some men feel its their entitlement

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ryan03(f): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
Monetary, materially, in house-chores..........where else. Have been contributing for aeons. Some women don't have the luxury of making good plans and having helps like house-helps, relatives, in-laws but they are expected to do all and still contribute financially to the home.
house chores and momentary contribution is compulsory on the part of both parties.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Ozema29(m): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Instinged:

SALARY/INCOME PER MONTH
EXPENDITURE BY DEFAULT

EXPENDITURE PER MONTH

1. FOOD;

RICE 8000
BEANS 3000
SPAG 1000
SEMO 1500
YAM 3000
P. WATER 2000
SOUP 12OOO
BREAD 2000
TOOTHPASTE 350
WSHING SOAP/OMO 1500
BATHING SOAP 2000

2. TRANSPORTATION
CHURCH 1000
OTHERS(VISITATION) 2000

3. CHURCH
TITHE 10,000
OFFERING 2500
OTHERS( CHURCH DEV) 3000

4. SCHOOL
BISCUIT 2000 CARTON
MILK/MILO 4000
INDOMIE 3000
JUICE 2000

5. HOUSE
RENT 21000 PER MONTH
NEPA 3000
GoTv 2000

Thank You

You're doing a great job!! But please don't compromise on your tithe or offering. There are free gotv subs, cut away biscuits and juice, you can get cheaper vehicles from Oworo to VI, for now Semo is too exotic, try Elbow...... You can save and still not touch your tithe and offering

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by emmaodet: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
SirVintageCock:
This, right here shows that the traditional family settings as we know it is becoming null and void in this century. Men can no longer fend for our families without relying heavily in our wives. Practically, 80% of the commenters are requesting to know what the wife is bringing to the table without checking that the list does not contain any nanny or house help allowances. So obviously the wife is contributing massively albeit unnoticeably.
So op, weigh your options and drop the church AID that is zapping 15% of your salary.
As others opines, encourage your wife to start up something from home depending on how young your children are ..handiwork, small scale businesses or teaching home lessons. Anything apart from this will incure more expenses to your already dwindling economy.
You can also transfer to a less expensive city or state.

You are right sir. The traditional setting is no longer sustainable yet our ladies don't want to wake up to that reality.
From my point of view, the man as no option that to send those kids to public schools even though he may not like it but that is what he can do for now why he gets them monthly lesson teacher to uprade them at home.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by emmaodet: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Instinged:

SALARY/INCOME PER MONTH
EXPENDITURE BY DEFAULT

EXPENDITURE PER MONTH

1. FOOD;

RICE 8000
BEANS 3000
SPAG 1000
SEMO 1500
YAM 3000
P. WATER 2000
SOUP 12OOO
BREAD 2000
TOOTHPASTE 350
WSHING SOAP/OMO 1500
BATHING SOAP 2000

2. TRANSPORTATION
CHURCH 1000
OTHERS(VISITATION) 2000

3. CHURCH
TITHE 10,000
OFFERING 2500
OTHERS( CHURCH DEV) 3000

4. SCHOOL
BISCUIT 2000 CARTON
MILK/MILO 4000
INDOMIE 3000
JUICE 2000

5. HOUSE
RENT 21000 PER MONTH
NEPA 3000
GoTv 2000

Thank You

Bro, you can keep all the things you wrote up there except -
School fees - downgrade the kids to public school why you get them a private teacher at home for about 10k per month. That will save you atleast 30k per term and 90k per year. Or send them to police school as someone wrote and that will save you atleast 40k per term and 120k per year.
Pls save this money in a good cooperative.
Second- Housing.
Downgrade to face me i face you(3 rooms) for now or self contain of 120k-150k max but will prefer decent face me i face you of 80-100k max per year.
With that you save another 100-150k per year.
When you add to the first one above, you will be able to save atleast 200-270k per year in cooperative.
Advice your wife to go learn small biz like frying akara, potatoes or small chops at junction like puff puff, bonce and donut or learn rice and groundnut oil bizness from a successful market woman or tomatoes, ugu etc biz in market so that you can get a coperative loan or savings you have to set her up so that extra income can flow in before you upgrade back to private school or flat apartment.
Shallom.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
emmaodet:

Bro, you can keep all the things you wrote up there except -
School fees - downgrade the kids to public school why you get them a private teacher at home for about 10k per month. That will save you atleast 30k per term and 90k per year. Or send them to police school as someone wrote and that will save you atleast 40k per term and 120k per year.
Pls save this money in a good cooperative.
Second- Housing.
Downgrade to face me i face you(3 rooms) for now or self contain of 120k-150k max but will prefer decent face me i face you of 80-100k max per year.
With that you save another 100-150k per year.
When you add to the first one above, you will be able to save atleast 200-270k per year in cooperative.
Advice your wife to go learn small biz like frying akara, potatoes or small chops at junction like puff puff, bonce and donut or learn rice and groundnut oil bizness from a successful market woman or tomatoes, ugu etc biz in market so that you can get a coperative loan or savings you have to set her up so that extra income can flow in before you upgrade back to private school or flat apartment.
Shallom.

I reject ur advise for op. Which one is face me i face u. Smh

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
You're dashing a pastor some certain amount of your hard earned cash and you call it tithe? Wake up bro!!!
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by emmaodet: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
AmericanDad:

I reject ur advise for op. Which one is face me i face u. Smh

Lol.
It's up to him whether he rejects it or not.
Reality doesn't care nor is it biased nor sentimental.
He doesn't have savings nor investment.
With that trend, sooner or later, he will either end in the face me i face you or something worse.
Bro, you better leave emotions and see things logically.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
emmaodet:

You are right sir. The traditional setting is no longer sustainable yet our ladies don't want to wake up to that reality.
From my point of view, the man as no option that to send those kids to public schools even though he may not like it but that is what he can do for now why he gets them monthly lesson teacher to uprade them at home.

Actually,

It is the men that do not want to open their eyes to that reality.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by emmaodet: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
bukatyne:

Actually,

It is the men that do not want to open their eyes to that reality.

How?
All the ladies want to marry rich guys.
All ladies running away from broke and struggling guys, we see it everyday here on nairaland.
The average man knows is level and want to marry a woman in his societal class but the ladies don't want to acknowledge there level or societal class.
Some even advice them that it is better to stay single, alone than to be struggling with there men in the their societal class.
It is a crazy world we are.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:

Very true.
Re: My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice by bukatyne(f): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
cococandy:
Thanks for explaining

Honestly I don’t know how you still do it.

My patience for explaining very very obvious things has waned considerably.

What can we do than to keep at it?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Fiance Says No Make Up On Your Wedding Day ? / Baby Girl For Adoption / Pregnant Nigerian Woman All Nude In Maternity Shoot With Husband (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.