Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330249 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 5:52pm On May 18, 2022
Brightner:
I use search engines a lot that's how I came across this threads by just googling "data scientist journey nairaland " even though I am not a Nigerian. I specifically wanted to know how you got access to these courses for free and nothing more. I actually don't need your contact but since you claimed to have the secrets on how to access these courses for free I thought it wise to ask how one could access them. The information you have provided is enough but I will continue to search for more resources that will suit my needs and make my journey much easier. Thanks again for your reply.

pls send the ebook to prophateobinna@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 6:04pm On May 18, 2022
GidiCars:

Those are the courses I am studying for now. i am currently on the 15th chapter of the book in the last picture. I also have a website where I download premium books for free on the internet. If the book is new, just give it between few weeks and a month, and it would be uploaded. grin
pls send me the ebook to prophateobinna@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2022
GidiCars:

If you use Telegram, buzz me. I will share you a link where you can get courses for free, and the website where you can download PDFs for free. Lots of freebies on the internet bro. I sometimes wonder why people pay for songs, movies and stuff online when you can just wait a little and get them for free
pls sent the link and ebook to prophateobinna@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Olax21: 6:06pm On May 19, 2022
Post ur comment

http://korlxeim..com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rawe45: 8:40am On May 20, 2022
GidiCars:

If you use Telegram, buzz me. I will share you a link where you can get courses for free, and the website where you can download PDFs for free. Lots of freebies on the internet bro. I sometimes wonder why people pay for songs, movies and stuff online when you can just wait a little and get them for free

Boss please check your mail
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by absool(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2022
Hello guys.

Please which is better and mostly in the industry amongst; Power BI, Tableau and Excel?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2022
absool:
Hello guys.

Please which is better and mostly in the industry amongst; Power BI, Tableau and Excel?

All...is a relative to the company you working for., different coy with different tools. I believe Excel knowledge is essential though.
Aside these tools mentioned, we still have some other ones utilised by different companies. E plenty!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Esiman(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2022
Good morning everyone.
Please, who has taken this IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate course on Coursera? Is it worth it?
I'm getting started with Data Analysis. No prior knowledge of programing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Captainjoe2019(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2022
Hi good day guys, check out this challenge for Excel users and data analyst

https://www.nairaland.com/7138180/challenge-excel-users-enthusiast-all#113040561
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2022
Esiman:
Good morning everyone.
Please, who has taken this IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate course on Coursera? Is it worth it?
I'm getting started with Data Analysis. No prior knowledge of programing.

I think it's quite good. Most of the courses offered by IBM are decent or better. I took the IBM data science certification. If you have no prior knowledge of programming then it might be helpful to do some further reading when you get to the python course

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by zionema(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2022
avalon7:

I think it's quite good. Most of the courses offered by IBM are decent or better. I took the IBM data science certification. If you have no prior knowledge of programming then it might be helpful to do some further reading when you get to the python course
what are the tools/language coverd in the course?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Klechman(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2022
Please I will be grateful if I get the python e-book. Thank you
obinnaklech06@gmail.com

Emmyxclusive:
please check ur mail, I just sent it, let me know if you received.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Klechman(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2022
I checked I haven't received it.

Klechman:
Please I will be grateful if I get the python e-book. Thank you
obinnaklech06@gmail.com

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Esiman(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2022
Alright, thank you so much.
avalon7:

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ausproxi(m): 11:03pm On May 22, 2022
Hello guys, I just tumble upon this thread and so far what I've read here has been so inspiring and giving me the courage to go into IT too.

Please where do I start my journey from as I have no prior experience? As a newbie which of the programming language should I start with in order to have a soft landing with the rest.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by absool(m): 1:32am On May 23, 2022
avalon7:

Is it free
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by absool(m): 1:33am On May 23, 2022
Felixitie:

All...is a relative to the company you working for., different coy with different tools. I believe Excel knowledge is essential though.
Aside these tools mentioned, we still have some other ones utilised by different companies. E plenty!

Omo nawa o
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by absool(m): 1:34am On May 23, 2022
Can pros here help us by sharing what data science job interviews are like?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 2:18am On May 23, 2022
zionema:
what are the tools/language coverd in the course?
You can find that on Coursera
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by idmicheal20: 8:49am On May 23, 2022
Good morning,

Can anyone please suggest away I can download udemy or coursera video directly to my gallery?

I have checked it on google and follow the process listed but it is not working.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2022
idmicheal20:
Good morning,

Can anyone please suggest away I can download udemy or coursera video directly to my gallery?

I have checked it on google and follow the process listed but it is not working.

Have you tried using udeler? I have used it sometimes back. Google it and check on how to use it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rawe45: 7:40am On May 24, 2022
Good morning Seniors.. where can I get an activated Microsoft office for Mac if it's available?
Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by qrymz(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2022
rawe45:
Good morning Seniors.. where can I get an activated Microsoft office for Mac if it's available?
Thanks

https://getintopc.com/softwares/office-tools/download-microsoft-office-2019-for-mac-6242071/

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:26am On May 24, 2022
Good morning everyone. . .pls i cant find MS store on my PC and i don't know if i can download it?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rawe45: 8:28am On May 24, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Quidaquo: 4:16pm On May 24, 2022
Good evening
Please how do I get an activated ms office for a Mac M1

If it isn't possible, what's the best alternative to using Excel?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MizterAccurate(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2022
ausproxi:
Hello guys, I just tumble upon this thread and so far what I've read here has been so inspiring and giving me the courage to go into IT too.

Please where do I start my journey from as I have no prior experience? As a newbie which of the programming language should I start with in order to have a soft landing with the rest.
Thanks

Hi,I'm also starting the data analysis journey. Are you in any data analyst newbies group for accountability/motivation? Please add me if you're in any.08141544127
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by idmicheal20: 11:35am On May 25, 2022
Felixitie:

Have you tried using udeler? I have used it sometimes back. Google it and check on how to use it.
I went through the review and I realize the app is no more working.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mikebabs101: 7:41pm On May 25, 2022
Getting a remote data analyst position is hard , even as a first class graduate of economics and being a Google certified data analyst. It's fustrating.God will help us
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2022
mikebabs101:
Getting a remote data analyst position is hard , even as a first class graduate of economics and being a Google certified data analyst. It's fustrating.God will help us

I will advice u not to get frustrated, keep upgrading urself while applying for jobs. The competition is high right now. I have more than that google data analytic certificate, am still applying for jobs and upgrading my skills . use this link....join our discord group...https://discord./HTbw3vNJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mikebabs101: 9:51pm On May 25, 2022
temiyato:

I will advice u not to get frustrated, keep upgrading urself while applying for jobs. The competition is high right now. I have more than that google data analytic certificate, am still applying for jobs and upgrading my skills . use this link....join our discord group...https://discord./HTbw3vNJ
Thanks so much sir . It's really fustrating being rejected not because one is not capable but just because one in Nigeria. On many occasions ,I have been at the point being scheduled for interviews, the moment the company view your LinkedIn page and resume and confirm one is currently in Nigeria, they come up with comments like,"even the position 100percent remote, we are hiring from European Union countries and North America" . I really don't know how people with remote data analyst position got theirs, cos I don't believe it's just about skill developments. I'm good with excel, Sql, R programming , python, Power bi and Tableau, machine learning. I have started courses in cloud engineering, but I'm starting to believe remote job offer is not just about what you can do

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2022
mikebabs101:
Thanks so much sir . It's really fustrating being rejected not because one is not capable but just because one in Nigeria. On many occasions ,I have been at the point being scheduled for interviews, the moment the company view your LinkedIn page and resume and confirm one is currently in Nigeria, they come up with comments like,"even the position 100percent remote, we are hiring from European Union countries and North America" . I really don't know how people with remote data analyst position got theirs, cos I don't believe it's just about skill developments. I'm good with excel, Sql, R programming , python, Power bi and Tableau, machine learning. I have started courses in cloud engineering, but I'm starting to believe remote job offer is not just about what you can do

Maybe via referral. But u have really really done well for urself.opportunities will come, that am very very sure of, just keep upgrading urself and keep increasing ur projects in ur project portfolios . These are what i believe and am practicing. 1 or 2 projects monthly till i get that employment opportunity. God in his infinite mercy will favour us in jesus name

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.