Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,947 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330475 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by unity004(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
lovelybobo:

Option 1 : Get Dollar card from any bank. I am sure it will work. You can't make Dollar payment using Naira Debit cards anymore.

Option 2 : Look for how to get scholarship to enable you do courses in Coursera.

Option 3 : IF the certificate is not important to you, You are just interested in the knowledge and entire materials. You can private chat me and I share it with you.

Good day sir/ma i am interested in the materials. My Gmail is unitybibinu@gmail.com. thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Amoto94(m): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2023
Data Analyst - Lagos

1-2 years’ work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
Knowledge of advanced MS Excel and Google Form. Apply Below
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTm5LzyHDEyPsrGrluKm8CnWwMoRg3PB4ihQtxnG7z4EpqnQ/viewform
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Amoto94(m): 11:11am On Oct 14, 2023
Sr. Data Scientist
Experience: 7+ Yrs
Contract Duration: 6 months (Extendable)
Work Timings: 2 PM to 10 PM IST (1-2 hours +/-)
Job Overview
Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their goals and determine how data can be used to achieve those goals. Use relevant statistical techniques, machine learning models and artificial intelligence algorithms to analyze data, design data models and derive insights to influence actions that maximize business value and effectiveness.
Responsibilities
- Use statistical analysis to determine which data modeling approach to use, model the algorithm and build a prototype.
- Diagnose business needs, analyze business processes, data flows, IT / technical artifacts and extract understanding of how the system or business process works as input for model development. Translate the business problem into a technical model.
- Identify the data attributes that influence the outcome, define, and monitor metrics, create data narratives, and builds tools to drive decisions.
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key business leaders.
- Assist in operationalization of the model and develop techniques to improve interpretability of the machine learning outcome.
- Develop A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Use deep subject matter/ functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications.
- Work across diverse teams, perspectives and opinions and quickly build consensus.
- Mine and analyze large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Encourage informed risk-taking and act as a catalyst.
Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven Data Science experience and involvement in packaged platform delivery and management with 4+ years relevant into GCP/relevant services
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, other related fields, or equivalent years of relevant work experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of Python and understanding of AIML modules. Business acumen (strong understanding of how business operates, and how to harness data and analytics to meet business needs).
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques (such as boosting, generalized linear models/regression, random forests, trees, and social network analysis).

Note: Must share your updated resume on mohini@technology-next.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by priyankayadav: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2023
A data scientist/analyst chronicle involves interpreting vast datasets, extracting insights, and making data-driven decisions. They deploy statistical models, machine learning, and analytics to solve complex problems, aiding businesses in strategic planning and innovation. Data scientist/analyst Experts in analyzing complex data, employing statistical methods and machine learning to extract insights for informed decision-making. If you are looking for a career in data science and analysis I suggest The IoT Academy. It offers data science and machine learning cours for teaching skills crucial for the IoT industry, including data processing, analytics, and decision-making techniques.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Plese someone should recommend a YouTube tutorial for beginners on PowerBI for me.
I followed the advice here and applied for internship. I got an offer via LinkedIn. I have been given datasets to work on but the visualisation tool I'm asked to use is PowerBI.

It's Tableau I know and I clearly stated this on my resume. Please guys i don't want to lose this opportunity. Help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DataAlchemist: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2023
MGeey:
Plese someone should recommend a YouTube tutorial for beginners on PowerBI for me.
I followed the advice here and applied for internship. I got an offer via LinkedIn. I have been given datasets to work on but the visualisation tool I'm asked to use is PowerBI.

It's Tableau I know and I clearly stated this on my resume. Please guys i don't want to lose this opportunity. Help me
check out edureka on youtube(it's a 4hrs comprehensive video)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 2:52am On Oct 28, 2023
DataAlchemist:
check out edureka on youtube(it's a 4hrs comprehensive video)

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by emiron18(m): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2023
Taaooma tells how much Cristiano Ronaldo earns and how
Click to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0fuXzl7Zcg
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Awesomeosas: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK considering the fact that I have all these certificates

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
Awesomeosas:
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK considering the fact that I have all these certificates

The problem is not the certificate. They are very good. The honest question you should ask yourself is: if I am given a dataset now, can I derive meaningful insight from the data? How many tools can I conveniently use to find solutions to my data problems?.

Your answers to these questions will determine whether you will find work or not.

6 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Amoto94(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2023
Data Analyst (MIS) at Dangote Group

📍Ibese, Ogun State

https://jobs.workable.com/view/ntWB26aFnNCNhfwx7aVkpP/data-analyst-(mis)-in-ibese-at-dangote-group
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by fullclub: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
lovelybobo:

The problem is not the certificate. They are very good. The honest question you should ask yourself is: if I am given a dataset now, can I derive meaningful insight from the data? How many tools can I conveniently use to find solutions to my data problems?.

Your answers to these questions will determine whether you will find work or not.
Thanks for your honest answer.

Please which course will you recommend that will enhance my skills.
I'm terms of tableau, mysql, and any other course to analyse data
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by fullclub: 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2023
MGeey:
Hello guys.
I stumbled on this thread yesterday.
I am a data analyst. Did the Google analytic course on coursera. I also joined entry level 1 and 2 for additional hands on practical. I'm very good with SQL, excel and not too good with R. I use Tableau for visualisation.

Here's the thing
I haven't been able to land a job yet. I've been applying on upwork. It seems no one wants a data analyst with a less than 2 to 5 years experience 😕.

What do I do? Where else can I apply and get a job?
I want to skill up by adding python and also becoming a data scientist ( please suggest a good tutor either paid or free).

Sometimes I feel so down as if my knowledge could be a waste.
Where did you register for this please
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 5:51am On Nov 13, 2023
fullclub:

Thanks for your honest answer.

Please which course will you recommend that will enhance my skills.
I'm terms of tableau, mysql, and any other course to analyse data

Now that you have asked, let me give you some guide.
You will need to honestly respond to the following questions

Question 1: Which industry do you hope to practice as a data analyst or scientist? You will need to select either one or two industries.
examples are Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Health Care, Social Media, and Customer Relations etc.

Question 2 : Do you know the top 15 KPIs that govern that industry? and how to determine them using the tools of your choice.

Question 3: Looking at the Tools: Do you know the types of references used in Excel and their business use cases? How many aggregate functions can you use in Excel and their business use cases? How many data cleaning functions do you know about in Excel and their business use cases?. You need to know how to solve business problems because you will work in a business environment.

The same questions will apply to most of the tools we use in data analytics.

Unfortunately, there are no courses, to the best of my knowledge, that can extract that information and give it to you.

My Personal Recommendations:

1) Choose an industry and get a dataset for that industry. Find out the top 10 or 15 KPIs used in that industry and how they are calculated mathematically. Determine those KPIs using your dataset. You can now proceed to build a dashboard using that dataset and the KPIs.
Repeat the process with a different dataset until you are confident and comfortable.

Example: The most important KPI for sales is total revenue; others are sales by region or state; sales by sales manager or representative.

I hope it helps you.
!!! Shalom!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by fullclub: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
lovelybobo:

Question 1: Which industry do you hope to practice as a data analyst or scientist? You will need to select either one or two industries.
examples are Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Health Care, Social Media, and Customer Relations etc.

Question 2 : Do you know the top 15 KPIs that govern that industry? and how to determine them using the tools of your choice.

Question 3: Looking at the Tools: Do you know the types of references used in Excel and their business use cases? How many aggregate functions can you use in Excel and their business use cases? How many data cleaning functions do you know about in Excel and their business use cases?. You need to know how to solve business problems because you will work in a business environment.

Unfortunately, there are no courses, to the best of my knowledge, that can extract that information and give it to you.

1) Choose an industry and get a dataset for that industry. Find out the top 10 or 15 KPIs used in that industry and how they are calculated mathematically. Determine those KPIs using your dataset. You can now proceed to build a dashboard using that dataset and the KPIs.
Repeat the process with a different dataset until you are confident and comfortable.

Example: The most important KPI for sales is total revenue; others are sales by region or state; sales by sales manager or representative.

I hope it helps you.
!!! Shalom!!!

Helpful
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2023
fullclub:

Where did you register for this please

Someone sent me a link. You can check their site to register

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2023
lovelybobo:

I hope it helps you.
!!! Shalom!!!

Thank you so much. This is really helpful.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 5:18am On Nov 19, 2023
Please i need clarification.

If i get a job (maybe an Upwork or Fiverr one off job) that requires the use of cloud based services like Power BI Service, is it my responsibility to pay for the subscription?

Thank you for your anticipated responses.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2023
MGeey:
Please i need clarification.

If i get a job (maybe an Upwork or Fiverr one off job) that requires the use of cloud based services like Power BI Service, is it my responsibility to pay for the subscription?

Thank you for your anticipated responses.

The answers are yes and no.

During your negotiation and discussion, the first thing you do is ask if the person has a cloud service provider account.
If yes, tell him or her to give you access to do his or her work.

If not, tell him or her you will charge for a subscription.

Please cross-check very carefully the exact resources and amount of time needed for the task so you can charge appropriately.

Shalom!!!

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MGeey(f): 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
lovelybobo:

The answers are yes and no.

During your negotiation and discussion, the first thing you do is ask if the person has a cloud service provider account.
If yes, tell him or her to give you access to do his or her work.

If not, tell him or her you will charge for a subscription.

Please cross-check very carefully the exact resources and amount of time needed for the task so you can charge appropriately.

Shalom!!!

Thank you very much.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Amoto94(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2023
Data Analyst (Python, SQL)

Competitive salary within the range of ₦10,000,000 - ₦20,000,000 per annum

Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics).
Proven experience as a Data Analyst with expertise in Python and SQL.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills with a near-perfect command of English.
Ability to pass interviews conducted on the American side.
Comfortable attending virtual meetings and presenting findings when necessary.
Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
Knowledge of statistical analysis and machine learning concepts is advantageous.

Please submit your application to hr@aura.ng and include the following:
An updated resume.
A cover letter outlining why you're an ideal candidate for this role.
Links to your previous work or an online portfolio that showcases your contributions in the specified niches

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by africanman85: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
Abeg make Una help me. I need a good data analyst CV sample. My email is africanman85op@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by alaboski(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
africanman85:
Abeg make Una help me. I need a good data analyst CV sample. My email is africanman85op@gmail.com
Sent one
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by africanman85: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
alaboski:

Sent one
Thank u so much. I really appreciate
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Awesomeosas: 5:41am On Dec 03, 2023
Good day gurus, I did my biometrics on 23rd Nov and got a no straightforward msg on 28th nov and up till now no response. I sent a paid mail on 1 dec. pls what should I do, any one with such situation pls contact 08137696550
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2023
Seeing all these responses gladdens my heart and I am very grateful to everyone.
I'm quite short of words hearing folks getting to top positions just with this post.
Gracias!!
My DMs are open and will respond to all.

The future is bright!!!

6 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaybee7000(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Ejiod:
Seeing all these responses gladdens my heart and I am very grateful to everyone.
I'm quite short of words hearing folks getting to top positions just with this post.
Gracias!!
My DMs are open and will respond to all.

The future is bright!!!

Welcome back boss,been waiting for the day wey u go come back online, welcome sir,ha don mail u sir , kindly respond
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 1:25pm On Jan 25
This might be useful to upgrade your Excel knowledge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkCq0TevcCc?si=aSnFfRdNGzIMbojo
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wonyi: 1:07pm On Jan 28
Difficult buying Microsoft 365 with my card, please can someone help me?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wonyi: 12:17pm On Feb 15
Good day everyone, actually studying data analytics with cisco. I was asked to install Microsoft 365 but it's expensive. Can I install Microsoft 2021 or 2019, will it function like Microsoft 365?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.