Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,789 members, 7,898,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:59 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (342514 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by worthybet(m): 1:33pm On Jun 03
Nazgul:

Check your email
Good day Boss, please can I also get the materials for the SQL and PowerBi.
Email- psyafe@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nazgul: 2:42pm On Jun 03
ManyThanks:
Hi bro, great work for your meaninful contribution. Can you help point me sample sql database/files one can download for practice? Will appreciate.
After downloading SQL, search for adventure works 2022, Adventure works DW2022, adventure works LT2022.

Download them all. They're all sample database which you can import to Power BI or any other similar program and work with.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ManyThanks: 10:06am On Jun 04
Nazgul:

After downloading SQL, search for adventure works 2022, Adventure works DW2022, adventure works LT2022.

Download them all. They're all sample database which you can import to Power BI or any other similar program and work with.
ok. Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ManyThanks: 1:15pm On Jun 13
Nazgul:

All downloaded. issue now is how to query data using SELECT & FROM in SQL. Also, all files ended with .bak. is that the proper format for sql files? thanks in advance. here is a snapshot;

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ManyThanks: 2:17pm On Jun 13
downloaded is circled

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nazgul: 7:00am On Jun 18
ManyThanks:
All downloaded. issue now is how to query data using SELECT & FROM in SQL. Also, all files ended with .bak. is that the proper format for sql files? thanks in advance. here is a snapshot;
To query data using SELECT and FROM in SQL, you need to follow these steps:

Write create view. For instance if you want to create customer table, (write customer_table as) remember to but your underscore to connect both together.

Select * (the asterisk means you're selecting the whole table) if you don't want the whole table you can just write out the columns you want to work with.

From dim customer. Dim customer means that you want to create a customer table from dim customer. You'll hold it and drag it to your from, then highlight everything and execute.

As for the bak you asked means backup. Adventure works files are basically backups for the database hence the bak.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Xpemech: 7:02pm On Jul 14
[quote author=Jp96 post=113217192]Morning bosses. I started my data analysis journey on Monday. I'm taking free courses on coursera and udemy.
I'm learning excel, power bi, sql and python in that order.
I've downloaded all the softwares on my laptop except for sql, I don't understand something.
To learn sql, is it that I have to download ms sql or mysql on my laptop??
[/
How is it going? I I'm interested in venturing into data analysis.
Any advice for me.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Xpemech: 7:02pm On Jul 14
Jp96:
Morning bosses. I started my data analysis journey on Monday. I'm taking free courses on coursera and udemy.
I'm learning excel, power bi, sql and python in that order.
I've downloaded all the softwares on my laptop except for sql, I don't understand something.
To learn sql, is it that I have to download ms sql or mysql on my laptop??
[/
How is it going? I I'm interested in venturing into data analysis.
Any advice for me.[quote author=Nazgul post=130530662]
To query data using SELECT and FROM in SQL, you need to follow these steps:

Write create view. For instance if you want to create customer table, (write customer_table as) remember to but your underscore to connect both together.

Select * (the asterisk means you're selecting the whole table) if you don't want the whole table you can just write out the columns you want to work with.

From dim customer. Dim customer means that you want to create a customer table from dim customer. You'll hold it and drag it to your from, then highlight everything and execute.

As for the bak you asked means backup. Adventure works files are basically backups for the database hence the bak.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 1:15am On Jul 15
šŸŒŸ Unlock the Future with Data! šŸŒŸ

Iā€™m Michael Adeyeye, a Senior BI Engineer with work experiences ranging from Oil and gas, telecommunications, IT Consulting, FMCG, Energy Industry, Agritech, Tech Education platform (Udacity) and lots more. With over 500 students trained in the tech space, Iā€™m passionate about sharing knowledge and helping others excel in data analytics, data science, data engineering, and AI.

šŸš€ Join my growing community! šŸš€

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for insightful videos on the latest trends and techniques in the data world. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced professional, there's something for everyone.

šŸ”— Subscribe now: youtube.com/@MikeDGreatAnalyst

Let's learn, grow, and innovate together! Follow me and be part of this exciting journey. Your future in tech starts here.

#DataAnalytics #DataScience #DataEngineering #AI #TechTraining #MikeDGreatAnalyst

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.