Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330331 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2020
call again
Blesser28:

Bro ur digit ain't connecting

It says. Num is switched off
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 10:36am On Mar 29, 2020
Blesser28:

Both the complète python boothcamp
And my MySQL Udemy course

I think it's because of my data finishing or me stopping the torrent
Firstly, download the file completely, everything will be in a folder, from there you can acess it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

If you downloaded the link Ejiod sent, the countries were scattered randomly, some didn't have the continent,everything was a mess. Arranging it in those tables so you can work with them is called cleaning data.

Second, the formulas are all functions in Excel. Just watch a video on YouTube.

Third, interpreting data is based on intuition.When you get raw data, clean it yourself and try to make sense of everything, you will be able to get an interpretation.

Happy Sunday Bro. I hope this isn't derailing the thread. Still waiting for Boss Ejiod's Chronicles.
I intentionally posted the data because it’s dirty and once cleaned analysis can begin. Nice input. Would still write more on my diary as a data dude.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 11:12am On Mar 29, 2020
lymelyte:
please i need help from all the gurus here.. I have a problem learning and understanding the logic on programming language(python). Memorizing and learning the syntax is no problem for me but the logic.. Please i need a solution to this. How do i go about this.. I need help. Any recommendation would be appreciated..
I was once like you .
Tactics to learn(Triple P): Play the video for 10mins.Pause it and Practice for 30mins.

Meanwhile don’t force it but key in determination. Don’t cram it. Understand what you are doing.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

I intentionally posted the data because it’s dirty and once cleaned analysis can begin. Nice input. Would still write more on my diary as a data dude.

Thanks Boss. I tried downloading Power BI but it slows down my system badly and it doesn't load at all after installing.Please is there any fix? I will try Tableau today.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

Thanks Boss. I tried downloading Power BI but it slows down my system badly and it doesn't load at all after installing.Please is there any fix? I will try Tableau today.
It’s a RAM consuming app same as tableau.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

Wow. 4GIG RAM isn't enough for them?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by petux(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

If you downloaded the link Ejiod sent, the countries were scattered randomly, some didn't have the continent,everything was a mess. Arranging it in those tables so you can work with them is called cleaning data.

Second, the formulas are all functions in Excel. Just watch a video on YouTube.

Third, interpreting data is based on intuition.When you get raw data, clean it yourself and try to make sense of everything, you will be able to get an interpretation.

Happy Sunday Bro. I hope this isn't derailing the thread. Still waiting for Boss Ejiod's Chronicles.

Thanks for the insight. I really do appreciate. I won't want to derail any further. However, if you don't mind, I would want to chat you up probably on WhatsApp. Just strictly learning and sharing knowledge. If you are okay with it.

Cheers
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

Wow. 4GIG RAM isn't enough for them?

This thing dey fear me oooo

4gig ram dey slow ........bcuz of 1 App

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

Bro can you give me specification for PC to use?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
petux:

Thanks for the insight. I really do appreciate. I won't want to derail any further. However, if you don't mind, I would want to chat you up probably on WhatsApp. Just strictly learning and sharing knowledge. If you are okay with it.

Cheers

No problem. PM
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
tescoman90:

Seconded Boss Ejiod.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

Bro what's the name of your PC processor?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
i already have tableau installed, love the interface. tried loading the csv file from the link Ejiod posted on the other thread but everything seem complicated.

for now i have everything already installed, but i think i need to brush up my python, then straight to exel...i have some udemy videos about data science and machine learning but I'll suspend them for now. starting everything from scratch

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
tescoman90:

Bro what's the name of your PC processor?

Intel Pentium P6100 cry
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
teewhydope:
i already have tableau installed, love the interface. tried loading the csv file from the link Ejiod posted on the other thread but everything seem complicated.

for now i have everything already installed, but i think i need to brush up my python, then straight to exel...i have some udemy videos about data science and machine learning but I'll suspend them for now. starting everything from scratch

Bro please, what are your PC specs? Did Tableau run smoothly for you when you opened it?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 2:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

Bro please, what are your PC specs? Did Tableau run smoothly for you when you opened it?

check here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5611948/new-year-deal-hp-probook

it runs okay. what i just need now is data for videos and ginger
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
teewhydope:

check here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5611948/new-year-deal-hp-probook

it runs okay. what i just need now is data for videos and ginger

220K. I will leave dashboard visualization apps for now and start on SQL queries and Python for analysis. Later, I will come back to BI and Tableau. embarassed

Thanks Bro. Na to sell off my PC be that for upgrade.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

220K. I will leave dashboard visualization apps for now and start on SQL queries and Python for analysis. Later, I will come back to BI and Tableau. embarassed

i actually bought it for graphics design, didn't have data analysis in mind until recently. but try upgrading it to 8gb, if possible ddr4. I'm not sure tableau is that demanding but 4gb is too small for any serious work. 6gb is also manageable.
you can contact rakiticbarca for cheap laptop deals with great specs

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
teewhydope:

i actually bought it for graphics design, didn't have data analysis in mind until recently. but try upgrading it to 8gb, if possible ddr4. I'm not sure tableau is that demanding but 4gb is too small for any serious work. 6gb is also manageable.
you can contact rakiticbarca for cheap laptop deals with great specs

OK Bro. Will upgrade once and for all to that 16GB when the time is right.Thanks again.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

I was once like you .
Tactics to learn(Triple P): Play the video for 10mins.Pause it and Practice for 30mins.

Meanwhile don’t force it but key in determination. Don’t cram it. Understand what you are doing.
alright thanks sir..
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Grandlord:

Mastering the logic of programming is what actually makes you a programmer. Forget syntax, that one's easy to learn.
To hone your skills and creativity, you need to understand how to take a large problem and break it down to smaller bits.

A simple way to understand logic is by looking, learning, thinking and thinking hard. I mean studying as much examples as possible and solving as much exercises as you can. Let the exercises challenge your creative mind. These days I don't even write code on my laptop. I only sit back with a paper, thinking and writing pseudocodes and algos.

Believe me, once you are able to think up a solution, the codes are nothing, you don't even need to know the syntax, you'll learn as you code.
tnx..will follow your outline

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
tescoman90:

Get 8Gb RAM.
Using 4Gb RAM will be slow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

OK Bro. Will upgrade once and for all to that 16GB when the time is right.Thanks again.
Mac is better

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

Mac is better

OK Boss. Please which Mac exactly do you recommend?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blesser28(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
Anyone here who usés vs code and juypter and conda together

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

OK Boss. Please which Mac exactly do you recommend?
MacBook Pro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
I would appreciate if someone can share me some Udemy videos for Python and Data analysis...I am passionate about learning....

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ejiod:

MacBook Pro

Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by damtan(m): 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
Who knows where I can download data to use for tableau practice??
Or if anyone can upload a set of data to download

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kaycee54321:

You can get a used one for around 80k

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by iCode2: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
I'll soon get an 8gb ram hp, core i7. Hope that's okay? Ps: it's not brand new.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.