Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (332310 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by damtan(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Honestly, I'm a bit confused. There seem to be too much to learn before one can become a data analyst.
Is it python programming first?? Excel?? Visual tools like tableau sql Pandas
Where do I start from Is there a step by step guide??
I have already downloaded almost all the tools needed to start learning. I am currently learning the basics of python (simple coding). Currently using anaconda (spyder(I love the interface) and jupyter mostly ) a pdf book on python I downloaded online with some videos too. ;I haven't even gotten to the data analysis part.
I have reasonable previous knowledge of excel and zero knowledge of tableau (though I have also downloaded videos on this but I haven't started learning).
Where exactly do I start from?? Am I on track?? Biko, help me!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
damtan:
Honestly, I'm a bit confused. There seem to be too much to learn before one can become a data analyst.
I have already downloaded almost all the tools needed to start learning. I am currently learning the basics of python (simple coding). Currently using anaconda (spyder(I love the interface) and jupyter mostly ) a pdf book on python I downloaded online with some videos too. ;I haven't even gotten to the data analysis part.
I have reasonable previous knowledge of excel and zero knowledge of tableau (though I have also downloaded videos on this but I haven't started learning).

very nice question
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
iCode2:
I'll soon get an 8gb ram hp, core i7. Hope that's okay? Ps: it's not brand new.
Awesome!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
damtan:
Yes python n sql are programming languages
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Grandlord: 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
damtan:
Who knows where I can download data to use for tableau practice??
Or if anyone can upload a set of data to download
kaggledotcom

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by damtan(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Grandlord:
kaggledotcom
Thanks. Will check it out

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 30, 2020
Ejiod:

Get 8Gb RAM.
Using 4Gb RAM will be slow.

Bro I want to get a laptop too and my current laptop is HP but I saw some lenovo product but I want to know if lenovo is cool cuz I have only used HP .

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 5:20am On Mar 30, 2020
tescoman90:

Bro I want to get a laptop too and my current laptop is HP but I saw some lenovo product but I want to know if lenovo is cool cuz I have only used HP .

Thanks
I’m not a PC fan but will prefer Dell to Hp
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2020
Ejiod:

I’m not a PC fan but will prefer Dell to Hp

Yes DELL, don’t know why I fell in love with this brand, HP doesn’t appeal to me anymore and aside that I like machines with integrated backlight but most of them are super expensive, make God help us.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by abdeiz(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2020
tescoman90:

Thanks

Lenovo and Dell are bae. I got a dell laptop, core i7 vpro, 8gb ram and 3-4 hours battery for a bit less than 100k. Lenovo is same price with same specs were I am and even better battery.

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2020
abdeiz:

Lenovo and Dell are bae. I got a dell laptop, core i7 vpro, 8gb ram and 3-4 hours battery for a bit less than 100k. Lenovo is same price with same specs were I am and even better battery.
Durability nkor?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2020
tescoman90:

This thing dey fear me oooo

4gig ram dey slow ........bcuz of 1 App

U Neva run machine learning algorithms
16 gb won't be enough
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2020
Evanspaul:

U Neva run machine learning algorithms
16 gb won't be enough

Haba cheesy
I run machine learning algorithms with 2 GB
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Abcruz:

Haba cheesy

Tho!
Fear don dey catch me
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Abcruz:

Haba
grin True
Have u run machine learning on a data of 10mil using random forest algorithms or using deep learning??
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2020
Evanspaul:

grin True
Have u run machine learning on a data of 10mil using random forest algorithms or using deep learning??

i think you're trying to discourage people. let them start with what they have first

13 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
teewhydope:

i think you're trying to discourage people. let them start with what they have first
Oh,
I don't mean to.
Well 4gb ,2gb rams are good 4 starting or when I are not working with big data, but when u start going deeper u will feel like breaking does systems because dey will be very slow

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by NettyNelly(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
wisdomremz:

quote me with your email, i will send the pdf
Hi, pls can I get it too ekweanuanetoatgmaildotcom
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by petux(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kaycee54321:

No problem. PM

Tried sending a PM, but I don't know this stuffs works. Its not going. You can send it here, I will acknowledge it and then you can modify it..

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
petux:

Tried sending a PM, but I don't know this stuffs works. Its not going. You can send it here, I will acknowledge it and then you can modify it..

I've replied you

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Evanspaul:

grin True

Those huge datasets are better off on cloud premises not on a local machine. That's what Jupyter notebook, Amazon web service, Google colab was created for.

11 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
tescoman90:

Tho!
Fear don dey catch me

As a matter of fact, I used a 32-bit operating system with 2gb RAM to learn "machine learning" and every thing was smooth.

If you have a huge dataset to analyze, you can make use of Jupyter notebook which doesn't require the RAM on your PC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
Anyone here using a touch screen laptop or knows someone that uses one? I want to find out if the battery lasts for at least 4hrs.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Abcruz:

Those huge datasets are better off on cloud premises not on a local machine. That's what Jupyter notebook, Amazon web service, Google colab was created for.
True but sometimes u will still have to run offline due to data
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please can we shift away from PC or laptop requirements or big data or small data and try not detailing this thread.
Was thinking newbies or intermediate folks would come out with some solution based of the data. Just few though . Let’s keep this thread on data related issues

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ebukawaylaid(m): 5:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by damtan(m): 8:08am On Mar 31, 2020
teewhydope:

Exactly. I'm using a 4GB ram and so far, except that it takes a lil time for anaconda to load, there has been no other problem.
And, yes, I'm gradually getting comfortable with Python basics.
Guys, use what you have for now to start learning even if it means uninstalling some softwares.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by damtan(m): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2020
Ejiod:
Please can we shift away from PC or laptop requirements or big data or small data and try not detailing this thread.
Was thinking newbies or intermediate folks would come out with some solution based of the data. Just few though . Let’s keep this thread on data related issues
Some of us are just getting started boss. We never reach the data analysis part. We're taking it one step at a time
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ejiod:
I've been working on the data I downloaded through the link you posted. I had to extract, and rearrange the needed data on Excel, then load the data using Pandas on python. But I'm currently stuck on visualizing the data with a chart using matplotlib. Been getting errors since, not giving up though. I successfully did the analysis on Excel. But I am currently working on analyzing it using matplotlib too.
I'm actually working on some other programming projects outside Data Science, reason for the delay. Thanks bro.

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Anyone here using a touch screen laptop or knows someone that uses one? I want to find out if the battery lasts for at least 4hrs.
My battery lasted up to 4hrs then, before I spoilt it. Now, it works with light grin

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Chukwudaalu:
I've been working on the data I downloaded through the link you posted. I had to extract, and rearrange the needed data on Excel, then load the data using Pandas on python. But I'm currently stuck on visualizing the data with a chart using matplotlib. Been getting errors since, not giving up though. I successfully did the analysis on Excel. But I am currently working on analyzing it using matplotlib too.
I'm actually working on some other programming projects outside Data Science, reason for the delay. Thanks bro.
Where is the error coming from and how’s your data like?.. can you make use of seaborn?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
damtan:
Yes, you are on track bro. I learned Excel first, before learning Python. Since you have a reasonable knowledge of Excel, you can continue with the python. You can also learn advanced Excel simultaneously.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.