Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330843 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Cant track the dude having issues with map. So I had to open my drawer today this evening to take out this Windows for you. 1st sign up for Microsoft BI so you get ArcGIS visual added to your arsenal. Just drag the location to the well,that's when you have dragged the arcGIS viz.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Signing off this week guys.Will update next week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ejiod:
Signing off this week guys.Will update next week.

I love today's insight, looking forward to next week!

Weldone sir Ejiod
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lanrumaster(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Thanks very much! How do I import the data from my computer to jupyter notebook after downloading it. Do I need pandas knowledge or I can do it without it? Please help!

https://catalog.data.gov/dataset?res_format=CSV[/quote]
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jiggyniga: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
lanrumaster:
Thanks very much! How do I import the data from my computer to jupyter notebook after downloading it. Do I need pandas knowledge or I can do it without it? Please help!

https://catalog.data.gov/dataset?res_format=CSV

You go to the file location in your jupyter file list and click on new to open a new notebook or you can take note of the file path.
then enter
import pandas as pd
pd.read_csv( "filename.csv" )
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SavageBoy: 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ejiod:
Let me start from when I started as a web developer

Lagos as we all know is chaotic. You wake up as early as 4pm just so you beat the 3rd mainland traffic. No doubt nearly halve of guys staying in mainland but working in Island had to move early.You could spend at least 60-120mins there if you don't wake up early. Getting to office 1st thing that comes to mind is to review where you stop.
Then my boss would want me to learn Java by force. He would call me telling me,"Oya see, you need to learn this. See our projects, we haven't even completed halve of it and clients are on my neck "Me that I'm trying to be strong on my Javascript this man is telling me to do Java.
A typical day in the office is to open your visual studio code and write the simple HTML and CSS script in building the left over web page you should have completed.Then bootstrap and material design was very helpful. After building your script, I will then create a JS file building out forms.Though then we had a genius in Javascript then.The guy try for me sha. Fast forward It went on to using phpmyAdmin with phP.

The we had a project to use PhP, Laravel and node JS. Damn it, I hated PhP with passion. I had to force myself to learn while doing some Java stuff so I get proficient.It was dawn on me that I dont like where I was but had to manage till I get wet on my javascript skills.Then Angular was the big thing. I started doing Angular and Node js. Despite learning these stuff I felt within me it wasnt what I wanted. I've known myself as being very analytical in nature and also being a critical thinker. It was glaring I had to divert to data science but never knew how I could. My maths skills was pretty good. In fact then I dont know excel. My love for python started when I searched top 10 programming languages.The 1st was always Java and Javascript. Python then as 5th.
Naso I start to study python on wikipedia ooo. From there to youtube but tutorials on youtube was not too detaileed. Most times they direect you to udemy. In my mind I just knew I was not going to udemy because then udemy was fucking expensive. You could see course ranging from $200 to $300. Udacity sef was worse. I went straight to FTU. Infact to those doing night browsing I did it more than you!.... Then I bought 4 airtel SIM and would wait by 12am to download all the torrent file. SERIOUSLY THAT SITE THEN was a money saver.

what's FTU
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kayode69(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
That's freetutorialus where u can download udemy courses for free
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by graciousolo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
dauddy97:

send me a DM, I will help you with the installation video.
Hi Dauddy97, I'd love to send a dm if you wouldn't mind helping me out.

I have similar issues.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by africanman85: 5:06am On Apr 23, 2020
@Ejiod, I want to start my route to be data analyst. I am pure novice. Pls Tell me steps to follow. I'm not too good in maths sha.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
graciousolo:
Hi Dauddy97, I'd love to send a dm if you wouldn't mind helping me out.
I have similar issues.
Aiit....
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by graciousolo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
africanman85:
@Ejiod, I want to start my route to be data analyst. I am pure novice. Pls Tell me steps to follow. I'm not too good in maths sha.

Excel,
SQL,
Python.

By the time you are done with these you most likely would have gained enough insight to know subsequent moves.

If you read through... You'd observe that he had made reference to this.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by trigar12(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
I plotted this graph on matplotlib but I can't seem to get it right using seaborn

Month = range(1.13)
plt.bar(Month, result["Sales "])
plt.show()

I tried with seaborn but I got an error message

sns.barplot(x=" Month", y=result["Sales"])

Can anyone please show how to plot such on seaborn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by hardeycute(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
mcemmy0z:

valour125@gmail.com
Please check your mail
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
trigar12:
I plotted this graph on matplotlib but I can't seem to get it right using seaborn

Month = range(1.13)
plt.bar(Month, result["Sales "])
plt.show()

I tried with seaborn but I got an error message

sns.barplot(x=" Month", y=result["Sales"])

Can anyone please show how to plot such on seaborn?
Why putting the Month inside quote again?

Try
sns.barplot(x= Month, y = result['Sales'])
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
just downloaded this, hoping to learn one or two things on excel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
teewhydope:
just downloaded this, hoping to learn one or two things on excel
Can you share?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lanrumaster(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks very much! It worked
I did
From csv import reader
Opened_file=open(file_name)
Read_file=read(opened_file)
My_data =list(read_file)

jiggyniga:

You go to the file location in your jupyter file list and click on new to open a new notebook or you can take note of the file path.
then enter
import csv
your_file = csv.reader(open("your_file.csv" ) )
then if you want to convert it to a list
List_your_file = list(your_file)
N.B: im a newbie
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Can you share?

go to "twirpx dot cum"

it's a russian site so use google translate

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
teewhydope:

go to "twirpx dot cum"

Thanks bro. I just downloaded it. 1815 pages!!!!! grin
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Pprince2(m): 4:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Bibitayo2:
Sent.

Please can you sent the excel ebook to me too..

Thanks

preciousprince45@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 5:08am On Apr 24, 2020
teewhydope:

go to "twirpx dot cum"

Good morning. how are u guys using the side.
You got 100points. If you download any file, 10points is gone. That means, I can't download more that 10books from the site. How and where did u guys locate or find the Excel file to download. I will love you to explain how to use that site. I think the site is quite good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2020
dauddy97:

Good morning. how are u guys using the side.
You got 100points. If you download any file, 10points is gone. That means, I can't download more that 10books from the site. How and where did u guys locate or find the Excel file to download. I will love you to explain how to use that site. I think the site is quite good.

I think you should login on the website first, then go back and do a google search on the and book by including the website in the search string.

after downloading the book, there's also a link inside it just before the first chapter where you'll download all the solution and tutorial files for the lesson

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jiggyniga: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
If you are learning numpy...visit this link for great resources
https://www.kaggle.com/getting-started/127599

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 6:33am On Apr 25, 2020
teewhydope:

mine is cracked but can't share link cause I'll get blocked again

??
U hvnt responded to my last mention
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2020
Zabiboy:

??
U hvnt responded to my last mention

oh sorry. you should follow the link highlighted in the picture.

7 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2020
teewhydope:

oh sorry. you should follow the link highlighted in the picture.

Aii...
Thanks
I'll check it out
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Phemysam19(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
mcemmy0z:
if you can get the free torrent Link, use UC browser. It will automatically download all the folders
Can you or any other person, pls name the VPN you used while downloading the torrent files? It's urgently needed sirs.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Phemysam19:

Can you or any other person, pls name the VPN you used while downloading the torrent files? It's urgently needed sirs.
I don't use any VPN

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Phemysam19(m): 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
mcemmy0z:

I don't use any VPN
Ok sir, but how were you able do that with ease
. Based on my research the websites that own the original file can track ones location with an insecured IP. I would like if more light can be shed on this.
And I also want to download some excel videos on YouTube and have it permanently saved on my PC, is it possible pls?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
Phemysam19:

. Based on my research the websites that own the original file can track ones location with an insecured IP. I would like if more light can be shed on this.
And I also want to download some excel videos on YouTube and have it permanently saved on my PC, is it possible pls?

Yup...
U'll put ss before youtube...
Although d method i use is downloading through snaptube on my phone then transferring it to system..

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Phemysam19:

Do what with ease
Don't understand you

Download snaptube from Google and download directly from YouTube

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Phemysam19(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Do what with ease
Don't understand you

Download snaptube from Google and download directly from YouTube

Ok thank you sir.
I was referring to downloading the torrent files earlier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.