Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330821 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by funso111: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
peterincredible:
yes very good udemy tutorial for mysql by colt steele and python by jose portilla the problem is that i stay in ogun state(sagam) if you are serious i will give it to you for free if you can come to sagam
. pls I am currently in sagamu cos of covid 19.pls can I meet u sir b4 I leave.just to ask you few questions.I am starting the journey. thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
typing

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
This week has been very busy for me.
Thanks for peeps response on my mentions. It was true to the point..

After a long day today I Had to go out and get some fresh fruits. This period we have to take more fruits to boost our immune system. No time..
My regular vendor on sighting me was very happy. She already knew what I wanted... she packed Apples,Tangerines,Bananna. I then added watermelon..

In continuation to the previous post.

While doing my web stuff...., I started going through those tutorials... it was painful then because I had to use my bed time to study.
I did this for nearly 3 months non stop.
After getting my feet wet on python and machine learning model I started applying to firms.
While applying I went on to learn fundamentals of excel, then to advanced level. Even towards using VB on excel.After Excel I went to SQL..
Truth be told here: I’m sure I submitted my cv more than 50 times before I could even get an interview.. It was damn frustrating. There was one period I fumbled... Interviewer was telling me..: I can’t distinguish between plural and singular..
What did I say?? I was referring to data cleansing and in the middle mentioned datas instead of data. ..

The frustration was terrible but I kept on pushing till I got my first offer.

19 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
A typical day in my 1st place as a data analyst was quite simple:
Tools used were
Python
Pandas
Matplotlib & Seaborn
Plotly
Excel
MySQL
PowerBI
ArcGIS.
Power point
Google sheet
Google Datastudio

A typical day as an analyst. You are always starring at data to get sense of what you would do. Your boss is on you asking you to do comparative analysis between cohorts. Correlation was the order of the day. Then PowerBI wasn’t active then, Matplotlib, seaborn and plotly was the main visualization tool.
Every Tuesday we always had meeting to present data and how the firm is doing. Your presentation skill must be classy and you have to master your data if not questions from novice and expert can throw you off balance. Such meeting last for 2hours. You just have to be prepared.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ejiod:

Use it once but that’s like 2 years ago.
It’s a light weight statistical tool. Rapid miner is way ahead of it
1. Good evening guys, I am a data science enthusiast, I started my journey 7 weeks ago, I want to thank you all for all the support from you guys whenever I encountered issues while learning.

I was lucky enough to stumble on a well structured data science course from @365datascience where I learnt the explorative part of data science, I spend around 10hrs daily on learning and so far I am very familiar and comfortable working with Excel, running queries and manipulating data with SQL,

Data preprocessing (removing nan, resetting index, removing duplicates, replacing nan with values etc) manipulation( variables, mathematics calc, statistical summary, merging df, filter columns, grouping and aggregating, transform categorical data to numerical value, adding new colum to df, sorting values, exporting df to various format etc) all with Pandas.

Visualization with PowerBI (solid model creation and model relationship knowledge, use of DAX to create calculated measures, creating interactive and attractive dashboards). Am still learning though, I am saying this so you will know how a structured program/ explanation from expert can make you cut excess wondering and cut to the chase directly.

I am now enthusiastic about the other stage which is ML, please I need our experts to give me a structured explanation of the working principles of rapidminer for ML I heard its the best for folks with little knowledge on ML. Although I have tried to recreate some models from videos I watched online using Pandas and statsmodel by using Linear regression to predict GPA based on SAT score but the prediction is very low around 56% and don't even know what todo after getting the statsmodels summary table. Thanks

12 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ejiod:
Tools used were
Python
Pandas
Matplotlib & Seaborn
Plotly
Excel
MySQL
PowerBI
ArcGIS.
Power point
Google sheet
Google Datastudio

A typical day as an analyst. You are always starring at data to get sense of what you would do. Your boss is on you asking you to do comparative analysis between cohorts. Correlation was the order of the day. Then PowerBI wasn’t active then, Matplotlib, seaborn and plotly was the main visualization tool.
Every Tuesday we always had meeting to present data and how the firm is doing. Your presentation skill must be classy and you have to master your data if not questions from novice and expert can throw you off balance. Such meeting last for 2hours. You just have to be prepared.

I couldn't imagine analysing how data interact with each other will be those periods.
Thanks to power Bi and tableau that makes things easy these days.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SavageBoy: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ejiod:
This week has been very busy for me.
Thanks for peeps response on my mentions. It was true to the point..

After a long day today I Had to go out and get some fresh fruits. This period we have to take more fruits to boost our immune system. No time..
My regular vendor on sighting me was very happy. She already knew what I wanted... she packed Apples,Tangerines,Bananna. I then added watermelon..

In continuation to the previous post.

While doing my web stuff...., I started going through those tutorials... it was painful then because I had to use my bed time to study.
I did this for nearly 3 months non stop.
After getting my feet wet on python and machine learning model I started applying to firms.
While applying I went on to learn fundamentals of excel, then to advanced level. Even towards using VB on excel.After Excel I went to SQL..
Truth be told here: I’m sure I submitted my cv more than 50 times before I could even get an interview.. It was damn frustrating. There was one period I fumbled... Interviewer was telling me..: I can’t distinguish between plural and singular..
What did I say?? I was referring to data cleansing and in the middle mentioned datas instead of data. ..

The frustration was terrible but I kept on pushing till I got my first offer.

Very encouraging...

By the way,is solid knowledge on SQL, tableau and excel sufficient enough for one to get a (remote/freelance) job?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Ejiod:
Tools used were
Python
Pandas
Matplotlib & Seaborn
Plotly
Excel
MySQL
PowerBI
ArcGIS.
Power point
Google sheet
Google Datastudio

What kept you going? smiley

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 8:07am On May 01, 2020
teewhydope:

oh sorry. you should follow the link highlighted in the picture.
Hi bro, how can I get this please?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by donplus1: 11:13am On May 01, 2020
Good morning everyone!
Please someone should recommend a good YouTube tutorial for Power BI and or Tableu .
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 11:17am On May 01, 2020
donplus1:
Good morning everyone!
Please someone should recommend a good YouTube tutorial for Power BI and or Tableu .
Thanks

Try tutorialpoint

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 11:36am On May 01, 2020
KunSegzy100:
1. Good evening guys, I am a data science enthusiast, I started my journey 7 weeks ago, I want to thank you all for all the support from you guys whenever I encountered issues while learning.

I was lucky enough to stumble on a well structured data science course from @365datascience where I learnt the explorative part of data science, I spend around 10hrs daily on learning and so far I am very familiar and comfortable working with Excel, running queries and manipulating data with SQL,

Data preprocessing (removing nan, resetting index, removing duplicates, replacing nan with values etc) manipulation( variables, mathematics calc, statistical summary, merging df, filter columns, grouping and aggregating, transform categorical data to numerical value, adding new colum to df, sorting values, exporting df to various format etc) all with Pandas.

Visualization with PowerBI (solid model creation and model relationship knowledge, use of DAX to create calculated measures, creating interactive and attractive dashboards). Am still learning though, I am saying this so you will know how a structured program/ explanation from expert can make you cut excess wondering and cut to the chase directly.

I am now enthusiastic about the other stage which is ML, please I need our experts to give me a structured explanation of the working principles of rapidminer for ML I heard its the best for folks with little knowledge on ML. Although I have tried to recreate some models from videos I watched online using Pandas and statsmodel by using Linear regression to predict GPA based on SAT score but the prediction is very low around 56% and don't even know what todo after getting the statsmodels summary table. Thanks
How were you able to learn for 10 hrs daily? Your laptop battery lasts that long or you have steady power supply?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 11:51am On May 01, 2020
BoleAndFish:
How were you able to learn for 10 hrs daily? Your laptop battery lasts that long or you have steady power supply?

Might not be straight 10 hrs Na.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 12:44pm On May 01, 2020
wisdomremz:

quote me ur mail... I will send it to you..
Boss, I will like to get the exercise too. please.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Where I stay in Osun State, we have power supply 20hrs from 24daily

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 7:46pm On May 01, 2020
KunSegzy100:

Where I stay in Osun State, we have power supply 20hrs from 24daily
shocked shocked shocked
Where is that? Let me come and get a room apartment there for just 6 months! cheesy

That's really nice.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by viqSmallz(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2020
Hello, anyone with a complete python video from CodewithMosh Mosh Hammedani. I will appreciate the link.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gcool2(m): 8:51am On May 02, 2020
Pls guys,pls I was trying to import data file with 7million rows from SQL server into the data model,but the thing kept loading and reloading as Soon as subscription is exhausted,and I will have to refresh and start from the beginning to load the data after subscribing again

From what I learnt,columnar Database compresses big files,but the case is different here cos I have used up to 5 gig of internet data yet to no avail.

My question now is,must I have like 10 gig sub before I can import big files?

See screenshot...

The f transaction file has loaded like 3 million plus rows before it stopped..

Pls I await ur responses

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by peterincredible: 9:46am On May 02, 2020
funso111:
. pls I am currently in sagamu cos of covid 19.pls can I meet u sir b4 I leave.just to ask you few questions.I am starting the journey. thanks
alright i have been busy with work anyway pm me so that we can meet either today or tomorrow on bcause i will be going to work pn monday

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 1:39pm On May 02, 2020
Gcool2:
Pls guys,pls I was trying to import data file with 7million rows from SQL server into the data model,but the thing kept loading and reloading as Soon as subscription is exhausted,and I will have to refresh and start from the beginning to load the data after subscribing again

From what I learnt,columnar Database compresses big files,but the case is different here cos I have used up to 5 gig of internet data yet to no avail.

See screenshot...

Pls I await ur responses
You can use SQL Server import and export wizard, faster and more reliable
There are other tools too that will save you the stress.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by graciousolo(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2020
KunSegzy100:
1. G@365datascience

Awesome! man.

How much did they charge?

Did you get discounts?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Evanspaul(m): 1:36am On May 04, 2020
Gcool2:

See screenshot...

Pls I await ur responses
From my knowledge of working with big data online (not SQL) u should upload the data to cloud den import it from there, so that u won't have to upload it again wen de internet stops,
Eg if u re using Google code like to write code, u upload de data u re using to Google drive,
Try and kw if u can apply it in what u re doing.
I don't know which SQL or platform u re using,
Try and check dey might have a cloud storage where u can upload de data u want to work with.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lanrumaster(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2020
Does anyone please know how the random walk function works. It's been to hard to understand from this Datacamp example

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2020
graciousolo:

Awesome! man.

How much did they charge?

Did you get discounts?
Check 365Datascience on YouTube or google you will fine them. Dey gave a month free during the start of Corona virus that was how I got to utilise the opportunity. I think they charge 36USD a month with maybe 50% discount for newbies.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 11:27am On May 04, 2020
mcemmy0z:

I couldn't imagine analysing how data interact with each other will be those periods.
Thanks to power Bi and tableau that makes things easy these days.
you are absolutely right, data interaction made easy with PowerBI. Please rate

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 12:00pm On May 04, 2020
KunSegzy100:
you are absolutely right, data interaction made easy with PowerBI. Please rate
This is nice

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 12:10pm On May 04, 2020
mcemmy0z:

This is nice
thanks boss
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sw24(f): 5:54am On May 05, 2020
Bibitayo2:
I started with an excel basics eBook and took courses on coursera for the advanced level.
The eBook is in PDF format and I have been unable to share it on Nairaland.
Please can you send it to my email as well
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 05, 2020
Guys,
Those Udemy courses from freetutorials.us what file format are they and can I use them on an Android device

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kayode69(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2020
Graspad:
Guys,
Those Udemy courses from freetutorials.us what file format are they and can I use them on an Android device
They are torrent file, you have to install torrent app on your Android to enable you to download the tutorial

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Course4FREE(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2020
No.1 Website To get All Paid Courses Free
Website For Free Coupons: https://course4free.net/
Request courses here
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Course4FREE_net
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Course4FREE.net/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Course4FREE_net/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by funso111: 2:09am On May 06, 2020
peterincredible:
alright i have been busy with work anyway pm me so that we can meet either today or tomorrow on bcause i will be going to work pn monday
I have been trying to see u pm but couldn't. pls sir .if u can give me your contact here.also sir if can write out your email.this is my number sir.,07038307221,.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.