Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331547 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2020
Kaycee54321:

I don't know if I fully understand your question but I hope this helps.

I didn't use a pivot table. I simply cleaned the data from 1st pic then decided I wanted to compare cases in Italy and US so I created a cleaner data (pic2) containing only US and Italy from all the other countries in pic 1.To get that graph, I simply highlighted the new data set and selected a graph from "recommended charts".

I mostly use pivots when I want to select maybe "Top Ten Salesmen" from a hundred sales men then add slicers to select by region,by product or any other category. I hope this helped. Apologies for the unclear pics. I was in a rush.
thanks for the immediate response. However bro, I might stress you abit, but not to worry, answer when convenient for you. First question : please what steps did you take in cleaning the data? Then another question I want to ask, I actually downloaded the finished covid 19 file you uploaded here and tried studying it because I was confused on how to tackle the analysis. But did you select the countries individually from the picture 1, then create a chat for them individually on different worksheets. Was that how you did it for each and every country? I. E, selecting each country from picture one and moving them to a worksheet to analyze each of them separately? Don't know if you understood me. Thanks in advance.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kvngbright: 8:57pm On May 14, 2020
Good evening sirs, am a student of uniport, computer science to be precise,please cn anybody help me on what to write when applying for free aid in coursera.
i want to apply for a certificate course in data science,
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SavageBoy: 11:54pm On May 14, 2020
Hinokami:

I'm at this stage too.. Currently I just scour freelance sites, register with them and see what sort of jobs available that matches your skills to an extent.. Customise your profile to fit those jobs and apply for them.. I'm registered only on upwork tho and so far no jobs yet but mainly because I am not that serious. I hope this helps

Thanks...

It really did help

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 12:01am On May 15, 2020
Guys,
I just finished my machine learning course.
I learned regression and classification algorithms like SVM, Linear/logistic regression,Random forest, Decision Trees,k nearest neighbor, gradient boosting and co.
Also I learnt unsupervised learning too, and also cross validation,grid search and com
I've also practiced on kaggle too.

Please, what next??

6 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KunSegzy100(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2020
Graspad:
Guys,
I learned regression and classification algorithms like SVM, Linear/logistic regression,Random forest, Decision Trees,k nearest neighbor, gradient boosting and co.
Also I learnt unsupervised learning too, and also cross validation,grid search and com
Pls Which course did you take on Machine Learning? Is it still open?

Please, what next??
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mentro: 12:49am On May 15, 2020
Graspad:
Guys,

Please, what next??
Which course? How practical is it?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mentro: 12:51am On May 15, 2020
mcemmy0z:

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/
@Mcemmy I sent you a dm. Please reply.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Blesser28(m): 2:00am On May 15, 2020
Toppytek:

I guess your system is a 32bits type.
Exactly
Anyway work around about this

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 2:15am On May 15, 2020
mentro:

Which course? How practical is it?
Not one course though.
I used IBM data science course and University of Michigan data science course (both on Coursera) and I also used Jose portilla's machine learning course on Udemy.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mentro: 2:27am On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

Not one course though.
I used IBM data science course and University of Michigan data science course (both on Coursera) and I also used Jose portilla's machine learning course on Udemy.
Are they free courses?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 5:47am On May 15, 2020
mentro:

@Mcemmy I sent you a dm. Please reply.
Replied you already
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 6:22am On May 15, 2020
Blesser28:

Exactly
Anyway work around about this

I almost smashed my old system (pavilion dv6000) cos of MySQL installation, MySQL workbench wasn’t among the packages download and I tried to do that manually but to no avail but now that I’ve changed my system to a 64 bits, the installation was super easy for me.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 6:24am On May 15, 2020
Graspad:
Guys,

Please, what next??

Grounded in Excel, SQL, Pandas, and Power Bi or Tableau?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:48am On May 15, 2020
Toppytek:

Grounded in Excel, SQL, Pandas, and Power Bi or Tableau?
I Know pandas though, but because I'm learning from my mobile device, I can't learn the rest.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

I Know pandas though, but because I'm learning from my mobile device, I can't learn the rest.

You should try and get a machine so as to practice more.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 11:22am On May 15, 2020
Has anyone tried plotting the covid-19 datasets visualization with Python’s Plotly? Trust me you’ll like it.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 4:11pm On May 15, 2020
Please guys, I am using Microsoft Excel 2010 with no power query add-in and I have data in a text file I want to transform and import to excel. How do I go about this?

PS. I have a Power BI desktop installed on my laptop and I have queried google if I can export to Excel but it seems one can only export dashboards.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 15, 2020
I have an issue with this dataset.
I am working on predicting bank loan default.
The dataset consist of three different csv file.
The first one contains the demographics of the data, the second contains previous performance on loans and the third gives information on the loan I'm predicting on.

The issue is that the customers have taken many loans previously and the information of all the previous loans are in the second datasets.

When I merged it, it only took one previous loan information from the second dataset.

How would I merge them such that my new merge would have information on all previous loans?

Thanks in advance.

PS:I'm using PANDAS.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 15, 2020
Graspad:
I have an issue with this dataset.
I am working on predicting bank loan default.
The dataset consist of three different csv file.
The first one contains the demographics of the data, the second contains previous performance on loans and the third gives information on the loan I'm predicting on.

The issue is that the customers have taken many loans previously and the information of all the previous loans are in the second datasets.

When I merged it, it only took one previous loan information from the second dataset.

How would I merge them such that my new merge would have information on all previous loans?

Thanks in advance.

PS:I'm using PANDAS.

In order of first, second,third

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 4:30pm On May 15, 2020
brashear:
Please guys, I am using Microsoft Excel 2010 with no power query add-in and I have data in a text file I want to transform and import to excel. How do I go about this?

PS. I have a Power BI desktop installed on my laptop and I have queried google if I can export to Excel but it seems one can only export dashboards.
is the text file in csv format? And you want to work on it in excel. If so, go to data ribbon, from text, import text file, leave it on delimited ( characters such as commas or tabs separate each field), next: it will ask you to qualify your delimiter, unclick tab and click the delimiter in your document ( the delimiter could be tab, space, comma, semi column) then click on finish. I guess this is what you should do, if it doesn't work bro, the senior men in the house will have to help you out.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 5:03pm On May 15, 2020
noob03saibot:
is the text file in csv format? And you want to work on it in excel. If so, go to data ribbon, from text, import text file, leave it on delimited ( characters such as commas or tabs separate each field), next: it will ask you to qualify your delimiter, unclick tab and click the delimiter in your document ( the delimiter could be tab, space, comma, semi column) then click on finish. I guess this is what you should do, if it doesn't work bro, the senior men in the house will have to help you out.

It's .txt and it works! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 5:16pm On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

To think that you're doing all this with just a phone!! What's your motivation if I may ask?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 5:35pm On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

Do you use join, concatenation or merge
If join, you have specify the columns it will join along with.
df = first_data.join(second_data["specify each colunms it will bring along to the table])

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 5:36pm On May 15, 2020
Chai God...People are really super motivated...Amazing that you use a phone shocked shocked shocked

Graspad:

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 15, 2020
Hinokami:
Chai God...People are really super motivated...Amazing that you use a phone shocked shocked shocked

swears..Ha ha ha....Her posts motivates me...For the next 1 month, I ain't sleeping......

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mentro: 6:55pm On May 15, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Replied you already
I replied, waiting for your response.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2020
brashear:

It's .txt and it works! Thank you.
we thank God
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kvngbright: 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

Not one course though.
please can i see the certificate issued, i want to apply through financial aid.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 15, 2020
BoleAndFish:
To think that you're doing all this with just a phone!! What's your motivation if I may ask?
This thread is my motivation.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 15, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Do you use join, concatenation or merge
If join, you have specify the columns it will join along with.
df = first_data.join(second_data["specify each colunms it will bring along to the table])
I use merge I'm merging using the customer is.
But I would try what you've suggested.

Thanks a million!!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 15, 2020
kvngbright:

please can i see the certificate issued, i want to apply through financial aid.
I didn't pay for any of the courses though,
I audited them on Coursera and used www.freetutorialsus.com to access the Udemy course for free.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 11:34pm On May 15, 2020
Graspad:

I didn't pay for any of the courses though,
I audited them on Coursera and used www.freetutorialsus.com to access the Udemy course for free.

Smart babe.. hahaha

Who get money to pay for courses?

My phone has 256GB internal memory, it’s serves as my external HDD and 2nd monitor while coding.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.