Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330847 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 9:53am On May 09, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Yes

Webscrape as in?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 12:29pm On May 09, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Yes
Alright thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kasillars(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2020
wisdomremz:
if you want to start as a fresher to python programming and you need solid basics

I would recommend

Automate the boring stuff with python(2015)
by
Al swelgart.

You can download online for free

it's by far one of the easiest to understand and soft book for beginners, several python programmers can attest to that, it also has project and exercises per Chapter..
Also practise along side Using a python IDE.
pycharm, jupyter book n Co.. if need modules you can download Anaconda it contains several libraries.

Please I won't mind if u can send me the PDF too. Thanks
thammie23@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kasillars(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2020
peterincredible:
bros the python video is about 5gig and the mysql is about 3 gig total of about 8 gig just use the money for mb to transport yourself to sagamu and get it from lagos to sagam u no go spend pass 2500 to and flow but if u want to download it hmmm you know how much u go spend and me no fit dey waste mb to upload that kind large file online ooo maybe i will search if i still have the torrent meta data
Hello bro, please, if I can find my way to Shagamu, can u give me too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Walkingkilo(m): 5:58pm On May 09, 2020
Chukwudaalu:
I really can't say Sir. I will suggest you search for video tutorials on YouTube, you can also download some books on basics of python. They would serve as guides in your learning path. You can also register for online courses on basics of python if you wouldn't mind the cost.
I can vividly recall I started with videos and books. I started from scratch to working with loops, arrays in python, then I registered for a professional online exam for python beginners of which I performed averagely well. Most of the exam questions were focused on syntax and loops. After this, I registered for an online course in data science. Still running the course currently though. I'm not a guru, but I am always happy remembering the hurdles and the little things learned so far. Don't rush it!

I feel you bro. I just finished learning the basics.. I'm on the data science proper, trying to find my bearings. I'd like to know which online tutorial you registered with for the online courses in data science
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:14pm On May 09, 2020
Guys... Please feel free to review my progress on Power BI

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2020
Zabiboy:

Webscrape as in?

You can scrape any website with Power Bi and Pandas, you don’t need to download the dataset, all you have to do is copy the URL.

You can go on YouTube and check how to easily get this done.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2020
yemyke001:
Guys... Please feel free to review my progress on Power BI

Awesome and cool
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Most companies boldly stated it in there requirements that they need Business intelligence tools especially power BI, check out most of their job advertisement.
Although python and R can do most of that visualization stuff, but to some length, and you can't compare how rapidminner and weka will handle machine learning to python, in the aspect of deep learning and prediction.
Combination of all these tools makes you a data scientist. And it will give you more edge about other using one tool.
Mostly i use Excel to check out my files if there is any error, then I will pass it to python for preprocessing, cleaning, removing NaN, melting columns, do some calculations etc, export it to SQL, and do some queries, then I use tabuleau and power BI for visualization and data mining, if am to predict I will pass it to gretl or rapidminner.

Please @ mcemmy0z, why do you need to import your data into MYSQL for querying when you can actually query your data with pandas after preprocessing.? Since your data is on file format already. Please kindly shed more light biko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
Toppytek:

Awesome and cool

Thank boss..
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 6:40pm On May 09, 2020
yemyke001:

Please @ mcemmy0z, why do you need to import your data into MYSQL for querying when you can actually query your data with pandas after preprocessing.? Since your data is on file format already. Please kindly shed more light biko
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 6:41pm On May 09, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Every tools has their dominance, you can't compared python and SQL together in the aspect of queries. SQL is dedicated for query, when it comes to joining (self joins, left and right joins, inner joins) different tables together from different databa, creating parameters, setting up variables e.g global variable, don't think python can handle that well.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2020
[quote author=mcemmy0z post=89367147][/quote]

Oooh...Now I understand. Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by psalmsonovic(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2020
ANYONE WITH THE EXCEL PDF OH. olaniyisamson114@gmail.com
And for the guy that stays in Ota, that has the tutorial videos. please let's discuss 08124493108

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gcool2(m): 3:38am On May 10, 2020
Guys pls I need help o,I downloaded a set of data on global Corona virus cases,from Jan till may first,but I noticed the value of new cases are added to the previous day cases just like Jan 1 = 10,Jan 2=15 i.e 5 new cases this goes on till may first.

when I converted the data to pivot table the total value got over bloated,imagine getting global case as 76 million,cos of repetition ,pls how can I get the figures for only the changes in new cases so that I can get the actual figure after summing everything.

I do hope someone help out.This is Excel..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 4:02am On May 10, 2020
Gcool2:
Guys pls I need help o,I downloaded a set of data on global Corona virus cases,from Jan till may first,but I noticed the value of new cases are added to the previous day cases just like Jan 1 = 10,Jan 2=15 i.e 5 new cases this goes on till may first.

when I converted the data to pivot table the total value got over bloated,imagine getting global case as 76 million,cos of repetition ,pls how can I get the figures for only the changes in new cases so that I can get the actual figure after summing everything.

Use python to melt it down

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by peterincredible: 8:20am On May 10, 2020
kasillars:

Hello bro, please, if I can find my way to Shagamu, can u give me too?
broda i will give anybody who comes to sagamu to c me the only problem is that i an working so u can only c me during weekends even sometimes i go to work on saturday but sunday is 4 sure i will always be available on sundays
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 11:57am On May 10, 2020
Gcool2:

I didn’t bother to go through that wahala, I just renamed the last column to “Total” and that’s the total of all the columns.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gcool2(m): 4:37am On May 11, 2020
mcemmy0z:

I am a starter,yet to learn python.still on excel and sql
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 5:53am On May 11, 2020
How many of you guys have been in this situation

9 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 6:08am On May 11, 2020
mcemmy0z:

Good morning bro, did you webscrape your data with request and bs4? If yes, can I have access to your script?

Never mind again, the issue I'm encountering is solved. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gcool2(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2020
Guys,I have an Idea,can we create a WhatsApp group where we can easily reach each other,or if there is any existing group for data science pls kindly signify to add members...

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 1:04pm On May 11, 2020
Still on the matter...... Power BI dashboard

8 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KingBunmi: 3:19pm On May 11, 2020
Hey guys, stumbled upon this thread on google.
Apparently I've missed a lot.

Anyone here registered for Hash analytics internship?!!. I just did and would like to know the chances of me finishing and understanding the course content within the 1 week left to the internship.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by trigar12(m): 4:22pm On May 11, 2020
Gcool2:
Guys,I have an Idea,can we create a WhatsApp group where we can easily reach each other,or if there is any existing group for data science pls kindly signify to add members...

No we don't need it, let people learn from here, let people read up and understand what data science/analysis is all about from beginner to expert.

9 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jiggyniga: 9:04pm On May 11, 2020
Hi everyone I am wondering if there is any need to learn the plotly library as I can use matplotlib and seaborn for data visualization

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
jiggyniga:
Hi everyone I am wondering if there is any need to learn the plotly library as I can use matplotlib and seaborn for data visualization
Whereas matplotlib and seaborn give quick visualization, plotly is much more elegant and good for reporting your analysis. I'll always go for plotly most especially if I'm dealing with any analysis that has to do with academics. It is a matter of knowing which tool(s) to use for what.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 11:37pm On May 11, 2020
jiggyniga:

Plotly is for mainly for dashboards just like bokeh.. Matplotlib and seaborn are one time visualisations

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 11:40pm On May 11, 2020
Gcool2:
Creating a Whatsapp group would defeat the purpose of creating this thread. This is a thread that has a lot of resources embedded in it, that anyone can come across it on the web and benefit from it (as long as Nairaland exists).

8 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 11:58pm On May 11, 2020
Walkingkilo:

I feel you bro. I just finished learning the basics.. I'm on the data science proper, trying to find my bearings. I'd like to know which online tutorial you registered with for the online courses in data science
Thanks bro. I registered with datacamp Sir. You can search for them on Google. Can't put the link here

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chukwudaalu(m): 11:59pm On May 11, 2020
Ejiod:
How many of you guys have been in this situation
Lolz. I have done this grin wink
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gcool2(m): 4:14am On May 12, 2020
ibromodzi:

Creating a Whatsapp group would defeat the purpose of creating this thread. This is a thread that has a lot of resources embedded in it, that anyone can come across it on the web and benefit from it (as long as Nairaland exists).
alryt,does anyone belong to any group which I can be added..

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.