Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331159 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ejiod:

There are 2 or if not 3 field in data analysis
Descriptive/Explorative analysis
You need to master these skills
Excel,PowerBI,Tableau,Pandas,SQL,

Predictive analysis
This is where machine learning,deep learning and NLP comes in.This forms the real basics of AI.

Both are under data science. However its advisable to have those skills set under both so you have edge.If you are just doing machine learning without knowing any visualization tools or excel it's just you playing around.

Been following your topic for a while now. I can reasonably call myself a data scientist but I must confess that you are making big waves. I've been in programming world generally for a while but I never heightened my game not until recently, thanks to Corona virus.

I've read your every single update and I know plus I've earnt most of the tools you've mentioned so far. I started off with web development packages and I can categorically say I'm a developer considerably.

I started learning data science early this year but was slow with it because I'm an engineering student at my final year, project and fighting to maintain my 4 pointer. But the recent pandemic affords me enough time, so all I do now is learning one thing or the other.

I raise my eyebrow whenever I see you mentioning and emphasising that one needs to know excel for free-following ML life, I do this because I'm yet to be convinced as to its importance. I will love it if you can stress out its indispensable value that makes it one of the tools one needs for data science (especially ML).

Then on web scrapping, I crawl sites with every tool suitable for it but scrapy. I know scrapy is an advanced module created for web scrapping, but I want to ask if it is so important to add to the tools used for web scrapping, I've scrapped a lot of sites without scrapy.

Finally [this is personal to me], like I've said that I've been around for a while, though I'm not in a rush to start earning before learning, I ride on with the faith that one day will be one day for me. But your stories here and many more I've read about young techies make me wonder if I'm doing things differently because I've been all alone in my programming world. You mentioned how you got a firm that hired you shortly after you start your programming journey, I must tell you this has greatly helped in your development. My question is, how did you manage to get those interviews and even the jobs in a very short period? May be it's due to the connections you've had or you are just in the right environment. Please I need you to answer this particular question even if you decline to answer others I've asked before. Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

Been following your topic for a while now. I can reasonably call myself a data scientist but I must confess that you are making big waves. I've been in programming world generally for a while but I never heightened my game not until recently, thanks to Corona virus.

I've read your every single update and I know plus I've earnt most of the tools you've mentioned so far. I started off with web development packages and I can categorically say I'm a developer considerably.

I started learning data science early this year but was slow with it because I'm an engineering student at my final year, project and fighting to maintain my 4 pointer. But the recent pandemic affords me enough time, so all I do now is learning one thing or the other.

I raise my eyebrow whenever I see you mentioning and emphasising that one needs to know excel for free-following ML life, I do this because I'm yet to be convinced as to its importance. I will love it if you can stress out its indispensable value that makes it one of the tools one needs for data science (especially ML).

Then on web scrapping, I crawl sites with every tool suitable for it but scrapy. I know scrapy is an advanced module created for web scrapping, but I want to ask if it is so important to add to the tools used for web scrapping, I've scrapped a lot of sites without scrapy.

Finally [this is personal to me], like I've said that I've been around for a while, though I'm not in a rush to start earning before learning, I ride on with the faith that one day will be one day for me. But your stories here and many more I've read about young techies make me wonder if I'm doing things differently because I've been all alone in my programming world. You mentioned how you got a firm that hired you shortly after you start your programming journey, I must tell you this has greatly helped in your development. My question is, how did you manage to get those interviews and even the jobs in a very short period? May be it's due to the connections you've had or you are just in the right environment. Please I need you to answer this particular question even if you decline to answer others I've asked before. Thanks.

He already answered this. You don't need connections to get tech jobs. Go online and search and apply to this jobs. New tech jobs are posted daily. Get good projects and you will be invited for interviews to proof yourself.

Tech is the only field you can get jobs without connections.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

He already answered this. You don't need connections to get tech jobs. Go online and search and apply to this jobs. New tech jobs are posted daily. Get good projects and you will be invited for interviews to proof yourself.

Thanks a lot. But searching for job online to me is like looking for a needle in the haystack, it is a tiring and wishful mission. I must stress it that I do this regularly with no results. I've applied for several jobs online before with no offer, I received a mail just yesterday from one of those I applied for declining my application outrightly.

I will love it if you can give me a sense of direction, I'll appreciate this so much.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

Thanks a lot. But searching for job online to me is like looking for a needle in the haystack, it is a tiring and wishful mission. I must stress it that I do this regularly with no results. I've applied for several jobs online before with no offer, I received a mail just yesterday from one of those I applied for declining my application outrightly.

I will love it if you can give me a sense of direction, I'll appreciate this so much.
Work on your CV. Make sure that the jobs you are applying for the keywords are present on your CV. Then get lots of projects nice good projects that make sense put them on your portfolio and GitHub and finally get used to rejection. Op himself got over 50 rejections before he got his first job.

Clement founder of algoexperts applied to over 200 jobs before his job at google. Just set a target. 10 jobs daily at least and don't limit your search to Nigeria. Focus on the things you can control.

The great thing about tech is the jobs are there unlike some industries where there aren't any vacancies so you just send out CVs and pray to God.

And lastly learn data structures and algorithms. You will need it for coding interviews. It's something you can learn while applying to jobs. Also join Upwork and try your hands at freelancing.

8 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You think 2015 is 2020, guys things has changed. To even get a Data Analyst job in Nigeria now you still need to know someone that knows someone. When the creator of this tread applied for job it was not this year, last year or two years ago, then data analyst were very scarce compare to now. The tools you think you know now there are others that knows more than that. So step up your game master many tools. Even computer science graduates still struggle to get a data analyst Job.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Zabiboy:

I know i'm not the one this question is directed to but the truth is Power Bi and Tableau are quite straifht-forward and not difficult to learn...
Almost everything is been done already..
The only kind of difficult stuff in Power Bi is the DAX function, which is Calculated field in Tableau...
Generally, You can use 2-3 weeks to learn either of them,

and with constant practice, in 1 or 2 months, you should be a Pro..
Can you suggest a place where one can practice to become a pro? I have taken courses on them but not yet a pro for lack of practice

Like i said, in both of them, most of the work has already been done for you by the developers..
The only hindrance is that neither of them can be used to web-scrape data
GL wink

Thanks bro all responses are welcome.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
mcemmy0z:

You think 2015 is 2020, guys things has changed. To even get a Data Analyst job in Nigeria now you still need to know someone that knows someone. When the creator of this tread applied for job it was not this year, last year or two years ago, then data analyst were very scarce compare to now. The tools you think you know now there are others that knows more than that. So step up your game master many tools. Even computer science graduates still struggle to get a data analyst Job.
Data analyst and data scientists ain't the same. The jobs are still there and it's not a must to work in Nigeria. It's not a must to work in Nigeria!!!. Stop limiting yourself to Nigeria for bleeps sake.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

My first job out of school in the field i studied in was with an Australian company. I was just applying to jobs like a mad man and I graduated in a field where you don't even see vacancy. I just sent out cv and prayed to God. After a year, one of the companies I sent CVs out to reached out to me but I hated the job. In tech, the jobs are there and are plentiful. So send out the CVs.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Grandlord: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
iCode2:
I wish I can do this already!
Lol bro. E no hard like that. Time and effort make the difference. There's a chapter on ATBS specifically focused on web scraping. Maybe you've not read it yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Work on your CV. Make sure that the jobs you are applying for the keywords are present on your CV.

Then get lots of projects nice good projects that make sense

Bro where can one get projects to work on?

put them on your portfolio and GitHub and finally get used to rejection. Op himself got over 50 rejections before he got his first job.

Clement founder of algoexperts applied to over 200 jobs before his job at google. Just set a target. 10 jobs daily at least and don't limit your search to Nigeria. Focus on the things you can control.

The great thing about tech is the jobs are there unlike some industries where there aren't any vacancies so you just send out CVs and pray to God.

And lastly learn data structures and algorithms. You will need it for coding interviews. It's something you can learn while applying to jobs. Also join Upwork and try your hands at freelancing.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Data analyst and data scientists ain't the same. The jobs are still there and it's not a must to work in Nigeria. It's not a must to work in Nigeria!!!. Stop limiting yourself to Nigeria for bleeps sake.
I understand your point, although you have to be a data scientist and apply for a data analyst job in Nigeria, cause of the data analysis job been advertised are meant for data scientist. My point is that getting any job related to data in Nigeria is not easy, do you think is easy to get a Data job outside Nigeria.? Data Analysis/science is not web development.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Work on your CV. Make sure that the jobs you are applying for the keywords are present on your CV. Then get lots of projects nice good projects that make sense put them on your portfolio and GitHub and finally get used to rejection. Op himself got over 50 rejections before he got his first job.

This is why I love Nairaland, people like you are just positioned quietly on this forum site to give helping hands. I must confess you marked out out the real deal.

Talking on my resume, it is a whole big issue. All my life, what I've been doing and practising is engineering, my CV reflects little or nothing about my techy experience, I know this and I'm trying to improve on that. I've reached out to experts on to write catchy Resume and I got answers that would help, though I've not been able to do something about that.

On getting a lots of projects. I don't know if personal projects can get a tick as I have a lot of personal projects lying idle on my computer and phone.

Then finally to data structure and algorithm, somebody said something about this duo in the past, he is a computer scientist. I will try my best to get my hands deep inside it and see how it goes.

Thanks so much for expending your time to give me this insights, remain blessed sir.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

My first job out of school in the field i studied in was with an Australian company. I was just applying to jobs like a mad man and I graduated in a field where you don't even see vacancy. I just sent out cv and prayed to God. After a year, one of the companies I sent CVs out to reached out to me but I hated the job. In tech, the jobs are there and are plentiful. So send out the CVs.

Thanks so so much. Can you suggest/give help on how to write sleeky CV suitable for these tech jobs? My Resume to me isn't just a match yet, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
[quote author=Dum20 post=90371212][/quote]
Kaggle for data scientists.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

Thanks so so much. Can you suggest/give help on how to write sleeky CV suitable for these tech jobs? My Resume to me isn't just a match yet, thanks in advance.
My own tech experience might not apply to you. what I would advise you to do is go on YouTube and type data science resumes. You would see good resumes from people in the field. Tailor yours go match that.

And the job I got abroad wasn't a tech job it was an engineering job. A field where there aren't even any vacancies posted sef.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
mcemmy0z:

I understand your point, although you have to be a data scientist and apply for a data analyst job in Nigeria, cause of the data analysis job been advertised are meant for data scientist. My point is that getting any job related to data in Nigeria is not easy, do you think is easy to get a Data job outside Nigeria.? Data Analysis/science is not web development.

No one can say if one will get a job or not but at least one can control how many jobs he applies to. Let us say you apply to 20 jobs a day. That's 600 a month. If your conversion rate is 10 percent that's 60 interviews. Common out of 60 interviews you no fit get one job. Men na to go beg your village people O. Like I said in tech the jobs are there and plentiful. Someone who studied petroleum engineering doesn't have that privilege. He would only send his CV to shell, ExxonMobil and co and pray to God. With tech, the jobs are there.

Even the original op of this thread. Most of the jobs he had interviews for had only like 4 people in attendance. How many data scientists do we have in Nigeria? How many python experts do we have here?

No be andela, Tek experts and other companies dey advertise for workers left, right and centre.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

This is why I love Nairaland, people like you are just positioned quietly on this forum site to give helping hands. I must confess you marked out out the real deal.

Talking on my resume, it is a whole big issue. All my life, what I've been doing and practising is engineering, my CV reflects little or nothing about my techy experience, I know this and I'm trying to improve on that. I've reached out to experts on to write catchy Resume and I got answers that would help, though I've not been able to do something about that.

On getting a lots of projects. I don't know if personal projects can get a tick as I have a lot of personal projects lying idle on my computer and phone.

Then finally to data structure and algorithm, somebody said something about this duo in the past, he is a computer scientist. I will try my best to get my hands deep inside it and see how it goes.

Thanks so much for expending your time to give me this insights, remain blessed sir.
Get projects on kaggle. Your projects should solve real world business problems as that's what you will be doing on the job. If your personal projects are doing that then no problem but if they aren't then take projects off kaggle and do them.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

No one can say if one will get a job or not but at least one can control how many jobs he applies to. Let us say you apply to 20 jobs a day. That's 600 a month. If your conversion rate is 10 percent that's 60 interviews. Common out of 60 interviews you no fit get one job. Men na to go beg your village people O. Like I said in tech the jobs are there and plentiful. Someone who studied petroleum engineering doesn't have that privilege. He would only send his CV to shell, ExxonMobil and co and pray to God. With tech, the jobs are there.

Even the original op of this thread. Most of the jobs he had interviews for had only like 4 people in attendance. How many data scientists do we have in Nigeria? How many python experts do we have here?

No be andela, Tek experts and other companies dey advertise for workers left, right and centre.
If getting job was so that easy will you have to wait for a year before getting a reply from a company. That was then when OP applied, I can boldly tell you there are many data analyst/scientist out there still looking for job, I have many of them on LinkedIn. Let's just base everything on God and grace. As far as Nigeria is concerned to get job here is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

I will answer your questions:
For the 1st question: Still hold on to your Scrapy tool even if you are doing BeautifulSoup
For the 2nd: I can’t be specific though. 4-5years ago there was a spike in Tech jobs especially once you are good with JavaScript. Then NodeJs and Angular were cute. ReactJs came to light but wasn’t fully functional. Web development role was the fastest way to land a job then. I did a lot of individual projects before applying for web role. Even up till today I get some full stack dev role that I never applied which I always decline cos I’m into DATA.
Would I say it’s chance? Maybe or maybe not.
Your CV/Resume matters. Some don’t mention their portfolio on their CV and expect to be called. While my 1st role as developer I still took nights to learn Python and data stuffs with all seriousness. I’m certain once you are done schooling and by then you build your portfolio getting an offer won’t be an issue.
I was versatile. Even to the point I learnt Automated Software testing and my chances of being called was like 70%. See, one thing I advise is when you get to any position.. don’t ever feel comfortable cos success can sometimes be a bitch that makes you not to climb the tallest building.
For Number 3: Yes Excel is powerful and I bet some that call themselves data scientist can’t do simple or complex computation on excel.
So add Excel to your arsenal.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
mcemmy0z:

If getting job was so that easy will you have to wait for a year before getting a reply from a company. That was then when OP applied, I can boldly tell you there are many data analyst/scientist out there still looking for job, I have many of them on LinkedIn. Let's just base everything on God and grace. As far as Nigeria is concerned to get job here is not easy.
They shouldn't limit there searches to Nigeria. Ghana needs data scientists, South Africa needs them. Rwanda needs them. A lot of progressive African nations need people with these skills.

Besides saying you are one thing without having anything to show for it dey somehow for tech. It's just like how a lot of people claimed web developers but couldn't do shit. It's not about shouting data scientists, you have to show something that shows you are competent and can provide value to a business. Besides many people say they are looking for jobs but inwardly how many jobs have they applied to. How many interviews have they gone to? You can't just apply to two jobs or three and come back and say you are looking for job. You have to sit down and continuously apply. Looking for a job is a job in itself.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
mcemmy0z:

I said the field I got a job in wasn't related to tech. It's a totally useless field in which they aren't any jobs.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Dum20:

Thanks bro all responses are welcome.

For DAX Expression exercises in Power bi, check wiseowl . co . uk, w3resource . com, kaggle .com.
For exercises without DAX Expression, you can use same sites...
Basically, what can be done in Tableau can be done in power bi...so if you try out any tableau project, you can replicate too in power bi...
If you are on twitter, you can search for #makeovermonday....every sunday, a dataset is dropped and we submit our analysis in Tableau on monday or latest by Wednesday....Its a chance to improve yourself
GL cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ejiod:

For the 1st question: Still hold on to your Scrapy tool even if you are doing BeautifulSoup
For the 2nd: I can’t be specific though. 4-5years ago there was a spike in Tech jobs especially once you are good with JavaScript. Then NodeJs and Angular were cute. ReactJs came to light but wasn’t fully functional. Web development role was the fastest way to land a job then. I did a lot of individual projects before applying for web role. Even up till today I get some full stack dev role that I never applied which I always decline cos I’m into DATA.
Your CV/Resume matters. Some don’t mention their portfolio on their CV and expect to be called. While my 1st role as developer I still took nights to learn Python and data stuffs with all seriousness. I’m certain once you are done schooling and by then you build your portfolio getting an offer won’t be an issue.
I was versatile. Even to the point I learnt Automated Software testing and my chances of being called was like 70%. See, one thing I advise is when you get to any position.. don’t ever feel comfortable cos success can sometimes be a bitch that makes you not to climb the tallest building.
For Number 3: Yes Excel is powerful and I bet some that call themselves data scientist can’t do simple or complex computation on excel.

What can I say? Thank you so so much
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

My own tech experience might not apply to you. what I would advise you to do is go on YouTube and type data science resumes. You would see good resumes from people in the field. Tailor yours go match that.

And the job I got abroad wasn't a tech job it was an engineering job. A field where there aren't even any vacancies posted sef.

Yes, you are right, your tech experience might be different from mine. I will consider getting that YouTube clips as you mentioned. What can I say? Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ejiod:

I don't mind if you can suggest where I can start off with excel, I prefer reading books to watching tutorial videos...don't know the method that pays off in the long run, just want you to advice me on that.

Then the site you mentioned earlier, freetutorial.us or so directed me to another site I guess, onehack.com or something like that.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
donproject:

I don't mind if you can suggest where I can start off with excel, I prefer reading books to watching tutorial videos...don't know the method that pays off in the long run, just want you to advice me on that.

Then the site you mentioned earlier, freetutorial.us or so directed me to another site I guess, onehack.com or something like that.
I’m sure someone has mentioned Excel ebook here. Try searching the comments here. I’m an advocate for Video learning as it’s more practical than ebook. Try searching for “Excel for Beginners “ on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Zabiboy:

For DAX Expression exercises in Power bi, check wiseowl . co . uk, w3resource . com, kaggle .com.
Basically, what can be done in Tableau can be done in power bi...so if you try out any tableau project, you can replicate too in power bi...
If you are on twitter, you can search for #makeovermonday....every sunday, a dataset is dropped and we submit our analysis in Tableau on monday or latest by Wednesday....Its a chance to improve yourself
GL cool

Thank you and God's abundant blessings on you

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ejiod:

I’m sure someone has mentioned Excel ebook here. Try searching the comments here. I’m an advocate for Video learning as it’s more practical than ebook. Try searching for “Excel for Beginners “ on YouTube.

Okie thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by daziz1: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
wisdomremz:
just wanted to drop this
if you are a beginner and willing to start a career in data science without any skill, you should start with excel then sql..

if you prefer videos for training in details

you can get full trainings on excel and sql server from beginner to advance in details from YouTube below;

1) for excel- watch *excelisfun* YouTube channel cover all you need from beginner to advance and also using excel for data analysis

2) for sql server- watch *kudvenkat* youtube channel covers all about sql server from beginner to advance its quite long(winks)

with this you're 30% covered in data science..

I love video tutorial cos you watch Wat is taught been put in use and you can perform simultaneously, boo.ks can be used for references.

Thanks boss
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nwele2017: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ejiod:

Boss, you didn't do justice to the third question on excel. Please I will like you to answer this question properly, what exactly do I need excel for in data analysis when Pandas can virtually do anything excel can do and even more?
I know excel to some extent, at least I am very good at advance Excel skills like: vlookup, pivotable, pivot chart and many more, but the thing is, I don't see any use for all these stuffs since I can do all of them with Pandas,
Please, I will really like you to answer this question.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
nwele2017:

Boss, you didn't do justice to the third question on excel. Please I will like you to answer this question properly, what exactly do I need excel for in data analysis when Pandas can virtually do anything excel can do and even more?
I know excel to some extent, at least I am very good at advance Excel skills like: vlookup, pivotable, pivot chart and many more, but the thing is, I don't see any use for all these stuffs since I can do all of them with Pandas,
Please, I will really like you to answer this question.
1. For quick analysis.
2. Referencing. I suggest you add XLOOKUP & XMATCH to your arsenals
3.Communicating with your lower team. You send the excel spreadsheet
4. Your boss may be interested in only the information based on the excel and not python
5. Quick charts.
6. Infact learn Google sheet as well.
7. Financial modeling for those on accounting
8. Conditional formatting
9. Split text column. Try go deep on data validations then you understand.
10. There are so many things you can do on Excel but not with pandas.

A typical person like me daily
1. Tableau
2. SQL
3. Excel
4. Google sheet
5. PowerPoint because you must present at least a month
6. Jupyter notebook
7. Rapid miner

Hope I answered your question.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Zabiboy:

GL cool

I love wiseowl.co....as regard the makeover Monday, can't the analysis be submitted with POWERBI?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.