Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (332140 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
yemyke001:

The '%' sign is the modulo function in math. The remainder zero means the dividend is an even number for it to divide 10(divisor) and remain zero. If it were to be any other number aside zero, it means the remainder will be that number, indicating maybe odd number or something

So if i understand it well, it should pick the values in rowID that when divided by 10 the remainder should be "0', if the remainder is not "0" it should not be picked?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dum20:

So if i understand it well, it should pick the values in rowID that when divided by 10 the remainder should be "0', if the remainder is not "0" it should not be picked?

Yes
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Pearlyfaze: 12:30am On Jul 06, 2020
Ajibade123:

Thanks bro I already download it and I ran hello world on it before my system off
I want to ask 'does it requires internet to access' because my internet was on when I ran the hello world

It does not require the internet
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 6:49am On Jul 06, 2020
yemyke001:

Yes

Okay thank you i do appreciate.

This python when does one learn it enough self?

I thought i have mastered this concept before now.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2020
Dum20:

Okay thank you i do appreciate.

This python when does one learn it enough self?

I thought i have mastered this concept before now.

It needs constant practice

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nwele2017: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2020
Dum20:
Python gurus. Please what is the function of the "0" (Zero) in this command

sampled_df = data[(data['rowID'] % 10) == 0]
You want grab data's where the rowID /10 gives reminder 0.
All the data with RowID's of multiple of 10 (10,20,30...) will be in your new data sampled_df.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ajibade123(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2020
Pearlyfaze:

It does not require the internet
thanks bro
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by elunico: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
teewhydope:

you didn't merge the letters from the link i dropped perfectly. you don't need a decryption key cause it's already part of the link. i just tried to redownload the files and it worked so try to cross check the link and join the spaces where necessary

moreso, you could still give power bi a try and test for yourself

Thanks blad!!
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 4:39am On Jul 07, 2020
Good morning, please I downloaded tableau public edition, but I am having trouble installing it. When I click install, it runs for some minutes and gives a report : set up failed. 0x80070109 - unspecified error. Please how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
noob03saibot:
Good morning, please I downloaded tableau public edition, but I am having trouble installing it. When I click install, it runs for some minutes and gives a report : set up failed. 0x80070109 - unspecified error. Please how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Wow! No response!!! Well, I have been able to solve the problem. Finally got it running on my device now.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
noob03saibot:

Wow! No response!!! Well, I have been able to solve the problem. Finally got it running on my device now.
How did you solve it?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by noob03saibot(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
BoleAndFish:
How did you solve it?
Had to re-download it on my phone, the 32bit version. Selected it to be downloaded on my phone then transferred it to my system where I installed it. Whereas this morning, i used my system and it automatically downloaded the 64 bit version, it didn't give me an option to choose.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2020
noob03saibot:

Had to re-download it on my phone, [b][/b]the 32bit version. Selected it to be downloaded on my phone then transferred it to my system where I installed it. Whereas this morning, i used my system and it automatically downloaded the 64 bit version, it didn't give me an option to choose.

Wow on your phone.

Just keep it up, God will reward your hustle. You are just showing that no one has any excuse to succeed.

I hail all the people contributing here and helping out. God will reward us all.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Heylonmusk: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Good morning, fellow data scientist, I'm a Python programmer with machine learning knowledge but since I'm an undergraduate I can't apply for jobs now but I need projects I can do to sharpen my knowledge for now.

PS: I'm in my second year and I also participate in competitions on kaggle.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Singingbae(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
dauddy97:

Can you mention the bootcamp u joined. online or offline, paid or free?

Online, I paid a sum of 3k
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
Singingbae:

Online, I paid a sum of 3k
Share me the link, let me give a try.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
Shout out to everyone for their contribution on this thread.. Thumbs up. To all experts, intermediate and enthusiasts. Thanks for your inputs..
Been awhile...Hope you all are having a good time..

15 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Heylonmusk:
Good morning, fellow data scientist, I'm a Python programmer with machine learning knowledge but since I'm an undergraduate I can't apply for jobs now but I need projects I can do to sharpen my knowledge for now.

PS: I'm in my second year and I also participate in competitions on kaggle.

Download datasets and get your hands dirty with codes....
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kasillars(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2020
Good morning chief, please is there anyway I can get these materials and what's the total size
mcemmy0z:
If you reside around songo Ota I have these available
*Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation
*Udemy - SQL - MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
*Tableau 10 A-Z Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
*Tableau Hands-on Learn Data Visualization with Tableau
*Udemy - Power BI A-Z Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science
*Udemy - Machine Learning A-Z™ Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
*Udemy - Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nwele2017: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2020
job specification for data analyst role in this country is becoming scary.
A job postingfor role of data analyst has all these Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, SQL, Neo4J, MySQL, Python, R, Scala, Tensorflow, A/B Testing, NLP, anything machine learning ,Bi tools.
These people are looking expertise in everything under sun.
guys please share your experience about job hunt as data analyst or data scientist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ejiod:
Shout out to everyone for their contribution on this thread.. Thumbs up. To all experts, intermediate and enthusiasts. Thanks for your inputs..
Been awhile...Hope you all are having a good time..

Shout out to you too for creating this thread.

Gods blessings fill every aspect of your life

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by funimages: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ejiod:

I have read through your chronicles, I perceive that you are a man that carry grace, I like to come under and tap from your grace. My whatapp number is 09099195753. If you give me yours, I will call or chat you up immediately. Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by iCode2: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
What am I doing wrong?

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Olamyyde(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
iCode2:
What am I doing wrong?
Change all the '\' in the file directory of the first pic to '/'
i.e c:\ to c:/
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by iCode2: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Olamyyde:

Change all the '\' in the file directory of the first pic to '/'

i.e c:\ to c:/
same result sir.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
iCode2:
same result sir.

Check the file/directory where the csv file is, Type pwd on the console, it gives you the present working directory, then type CD+ space + name of the directory contain the csv
Note : you have to CD to the root folder first
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2020

If you'v changed all the "\" to "/" and it doesn't work and also you are sure the directory is correct, then change the encoding to "UTF-8"
Screenshot and post the error gotten if any
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by saheedniyi22(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
cochtrane:

I don't think there's anything wrong with scrapping a website. But if you assess any website too often (using a script), they'll mostly likely ban your IP.
Now, while there may not be a problem with scrapping and collecting information, there may be a problem with using the information. The laws aren't so clear, so you may have to find out how it applies in each case. Basically, it just means you have to be careful with usage of data you collect.

Thanks for this,

I have been trying to scrape a certain car selling website (not like nairaland that load all its details once) but the website is such that as you scroll down it keeps bringing information for new cars. When I tried to scrape it, it only gave me the information for 10 cars alone.
Is there a way to do it that it will give me more cars information.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
nwele2017:
job specification for data analyst role in this country is becoming scary.
A job postingfor role of data analyst has all these Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, SQL, Neo4J, MySQL, Python, R, Scala, Tensorflow, A/B Testing, NLP, anything machine learning ,Bi tools.
These people are looking expertise in everything under sun.
guys please share your experience about job hunt as data analyst or data scientist

You’re not alone bro, the thing is, most of them google some things they don’t really need when doing job postings, they can’t differentiate between a data scientist or analyst and a software developer.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by KlausMichaelson: 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good evening House. I've been following this thread for a while now. I'm a lover of Data analysis.

I'm in my final year, an Engineering student. Sooner than later when this pandemic is over, I'll be analysing my project report. I'll be using some statistical analysis like ANOVA table and others to analyse my Data.

Now I will consider myself an intermediate in Python and in Excel. Also I'm a beginner in Pandas. I'm yet to learn Sql, MySql, Matplotlib, seaborne, etc. I only have gotten an intro into Pandas and it's really cool and interesting. I'll soon be done with it.

My Questions are
(1). Which among these; Pandas, Sql, Mysql, Matplotlib, seaborne among others, should I master so as to have a smooth ride in analyzing my project results. Which one also applies ANOVA table??

(2). Which of them aside Pandas (cos I've already started learning Pandas), should I start learning immediately I master Pandas? I'm very conscious of time. I'll really love to use this little time we have to master the more important ones for final year result Analysis. I want to make money from it when school resumes. I want to Master the ones I can so that I can help provide Analysis on other students project results and get paid for it.

Pls I need your Candid responses. Thank you in advance
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oddy16: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
iCode2:
What am I doing wrong?

For the first one, do you need to specify the encoding? Is the default(utf8 I think) giving you unicode error?...

The second one, is the notebook file you opened in the same folder with the file you want to import?... Again, do you need to specify the encoding?....
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Samzeal(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
hello house, please how i do data cleaning with my dataset set

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.