Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (332919 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:
How do I get "real world" data analysis projects with python to work on? I can't just get data and be giving myself hypothetical questions to solve... I need real world sample project and questions that will force me to think out the solution and write the codes and visualization to implement them... Please elders in the house help a newbie, I know most elders here have passed through this stage before

Go to kaggle dot com or zindi dot africa
You'll see thousands of real world problems to solve
GL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
ibromodzi:

I'm not an elder but I think I can contribute in my own little way.
While it is true that analyses are mostly guided by things such as;

1. Aim and objectives of the research (e.g the aim of a research/analysis could be to study the prevalence of a particular disease)

2. .

Thanks for this explanation

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by portalquery: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
An internship interview often is the first time a pupil seems to a gathering. There will not be that a lot distinction in questions for an internship than for a job interview. So, observe all of the attainable frequent interview questions which may be requested and just be sure you are effectively ready. Being a pupil or current graduate, one of many questions it's possible you'll face is, "why should you be hired for this internship?”. The one factor you need to watch out whereas answering this query is to not say any generic reply like I'm certified or I’m sensible. Give you one thing distinctive about what different candidates gained say.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by saheedniyi22(m): 2:06am On Aug 05, 2020
So I went to build a website for which I can check the values of car anywhere in the world,

Please what do I need to learn??
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 2:33am On Aug 06, 2020
1. Hands-on Python3 Regular Expressions for Absolute Beginners => 2 Days Left

https:///y479xhwb

2. Microsoft Python Certification Exam (98-381): Practice Tests => 2 Days Left

https:///y45ty97p
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house. I need your help here.

I am trying to work Git Bash to run python commands

I already have Git installed but when i ran these commands

echo 'export PATH="$PATH:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3/Scripts"' >> .bashrc

echo 'alias python="winpty python.exe"' >> .bashrc

I get the errors below:

bash: export: `=': not a valid identifier
bash: export: `:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3/Scripts': not
a valid identifier

Whenever i launch Git Bash, i get the error below:

a valid identifier
bash: alias: python: not found
bash: alias: =: not found
bash: alias: winpty python.exe: not found

Nelly@Nelly MINGW64 ~
$

What could be the problem?

I have searched stackoverflow, but the solutions i saw there did not help me to resolve the fault.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced it
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Shepherdd(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2020
Dum20:
Hello Gurus in the house. I need your help here.

I am trying to work Git Bash to run python commands

I already have Git installed but when i ran these commands

echo 'export PATH="$PATH:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3:/c/Users/Nelly/anaconda3/Scripts"' >> .bashrc

echo 'alias python="winpty python.exe"' >> .bashrc

I get the errors below:

a valid identifier

Whenever i launch Git Bash, i get the error below:

a valid identifier
bash: alias: python: not found
bash: alias: =: not found
bash: alias: winpty python.exe: not found

Nelly@Nelly MINGW64 ~
$

What could be the problem?

I have searched stackoverflow, but the solutions i saw there did not help me to resolve the fault.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced it

When you echo export, you don't need to surround your address with another quote. The first one before export will do and make sure you close it.

And to avoid errors why not edit the bashrc directly with a text editor and remove the need for echo. Your bashrc will be in your user directory.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oospi(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hi, please can you recommend a very good YouTube video for Excel, also a good YouTube downloader will also be highly appreciate...thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by HewlettPackard: 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oospi:
Hi, please can you recommend a very good YouTube video for Excel, also a good YouTube downloader will also be highly appreciate...thanks

Excelisfun

dude teaches like he is teaching kindergarten

to your second request, Vidmate.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oospi:
go on udemy and buy the maven analytics course! It's really good.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by randomShek: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
HewlettPackard:

Excelisfun

dude teaches like he is teaching kindergarten

to your second request Vidmate.
Seconded. Check his playlist for these:

Excel Basics - 26 videos
Excel Advance - 30 Videos
Excel for Data Analysis Beginners - 10 videos
Excel for Data Analysis Advance - 80 videos

You can also check his playlist on Power BI for Excel if you want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oospi(m): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
randomShek:
Seconded. Check his playlist for these:

Excel Basics - 26 videos
Excel Advance - 30 Videos
Excel for Data Analysis Beginners - 10 videos
Excel for Data Analysis Advance - 80 videos

You can also check his playlist on Power BI for Excel if you want.
Thanks a lot
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Shepherdd:

When you echo export, you don't need to surround your address with another quote. The first one before export will do and make sure you close it.

And to avoid errors why not edit the bashrc directly with a text editor and remove the need for echo. Your bashrc will be in your user directory.

Bro thank you for responding.

I have not really looked at it yet. I have been busy.

I got an Excel job on Fiverr, i have been cracking my head on.

Ejiod thanks again for creating this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Twirelex: 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
if you're interested in R programming and how to do analysis with it check out this post..

https://talkrtive.com/post/data-analysis-tidyverse-r-package/

I used the data I scraped from lindaikejisblog, the analysis is about rape cases in Nigeria between 2019 to 2020

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Twirelex: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
also, check out my post on predicting bet9ja virtual football matches
https://talkrtive.com/post/tidymodels-virtual-football-prediction/

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by StubbornGENIUS: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Bump
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Sylverkachi: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
COLUMN A. COLUMN B

Nigeria. Togo
Ghana. Senegal
Cameroon. Nigeria
Senegal. Zambia
Togo. Ghana

How do I count the numbers of occurrences in the countries above in order to achieve the results below using TABLEAU.

Nigeria 2
Ghana 2
Cameroon 1
Senegal 2
Togo 2
Zambia 1

Please I need help from my Tableau gurus in the house.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 5:25am On Aug 10, 2020
Please, how much do ANDROID DEVELOPER INTERNS earn in Lagos? Like what's the average?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Vecto(m): 6:30am On Aug 10, 2020
Ejiod:

Here is a example
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6gx4Cwl9DGAcbMi1sH6oAMk4JHw91mC_

Hello boss. I tried searching for his tutorials on html for beginners but I couldn't find any. The only related ones I saw were xhtml and css. Please I would like to start with the basics, so if you can be kind enough to share his playlists on html for absolute beginners

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 6:59am On Aug 10, 2020
Please, how much do ANDROID DEVELOPER INTERNS earn in Lagos? Like what's the average?
I would greatly appreciate comments. Thanks y'all.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2020
For those that might be interested. Find this opening

https://ng.indeed.com/job-description?jk=a9dfa3ada88bf489&q=power+bi&tk=1ef77lt5f3j7t800&from=ja&alid=5eb01ee6408edc4e7c0a11b6&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&rgtk=1ef77lt5f3j7t800

Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
SmatData
-
Lagos

Location -Logos
We are a growing software firm that provides Enterprise Data Warehouse Projects implementation services for businesses across major industries. We are looking for a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse analyst with good programming skills to support our existing clients on front end BI tools (QlikView, Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables, Reporting Services) and backend Data Warehouse tools (Microsoft Integration Services, Microsoft Analysis Services) onsite and offsite.

Interns and recent graduates are welcome to apply. Trainings will be provided. The screening process will involve mini training sessions and take home assignments.

Why work for us:
This is a great opportunity for interns and recent graduates to develop their skills and grow with us.
Free trainings will be provided.
Competitive salary for top trainees.
Opportunity to work at the convenience of your home on some days of the work week.
Opportunity to develop into a more senior role.

Responsibilities:
Onsite and offsite client support
Generate analytic reports and Dashboards
Generate new Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) packages, modify and optimize existing ones
Make presentations to clients on BI tools
Generate end user manuals
Assist with or conduct end user training

Required skills:
T-SQL programming
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Should be a good logical thinker to be able to translate complex business processes into appropriate visualizations and reports
Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Desirable skills:
QlikView Design & Development
Programming Skills: VB .NET, C#, VBA
Database modeling
Microsoft Excel - Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Excel Formulas

If interested please send
your resume to careers@smatdata.com
SmatData - 6 days agoreport job

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2020
If they can pay the interns, it would make sense o
Dum20:
For those that might be interested. Find this opening

https://ng.indeed.com/job-description?jk=a9dfa3ada88bf489&q=power+bi&tk=1ef77lt5f3j7t800&from=ja&alid=5eb01ee6408edc4e7c0a11b6&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&rgtk=1ef77lt5f3j7t800

Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
SmatData
-
Lagos

Location -Logos
We are a growing software firm that provides Enterprise Data Warehouse Projects implementation services for businesses across major industries. We are looking for a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse analyst with good programming skills to support our existing clients on front end BI tools (QlikView, Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables, Reporting Services) and backend Data Warehouse tools (Microsoft Integration Services, Microsoft Analysis Services) onsite and offsite.

Interns and recent graduates are welcome to apply. Trainings will be provided. The screening process will involve mini training sessions and take home assignments.

Why work for us:
This is a great opportunity for interns and recent graduates to develop their skills and grow with us.
Free trainings will be provided.
Competitive salary for top trainees.
Opportunity to work at the convenience of your home on some days of the work week.
Opportunity to develop into a more senior role.

Responsibilities:
Onsite and offsite client support
Generate analytic reports and Dashboards
Generate new Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) packages, modify and optimize existing ones
Make presentations to clients on BI tools
Generate end user manuals
Assist with or conduct end user training

Required skills:
T-SQL programming
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Should be a good logical thinker to be able to translate complex business processes into appropriate visualizations and reports
Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Desirable skills:
QlikView Design & Development
Programming Skills: VB .NET, C#, VBA
Database modeling
Microsoft Excel - Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Excel Formulas

If interested please send
your resume to careers@smatdata.com
SmatData - 6 days agoreport job
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2020
Chemistdavy:
If they can pay the interns, it would make sense o

My own view is to get the job first and get hands on experience.

Interns should not work for money now. Just an opportunity to practice what they have been learning and have something to add to CV.

They can even do it for 6 months and decide on whether to continue or not

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
For people with jobs who wanna switch to tech, an unpaid internship becomes dicey. The money thrown at you becomes hard to leave for some passion. Lol
Dum20:

My own view is to get the job first and get hands on experience.

Interns should not work for money now. Just an opportunity to practice what they have been learning and have something to add to CV.

They can even do it for 6 months and decide on whether to continue or not
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Chemistdavy:
For people with jobs who wanna switch to tech, an unpaid internship becomes dicey. The money thrown at you becomes hard to leave for some passion. Lol

You just stated my problem here... How do you even say it that you want to leave a job of above 100k for an unpaid internship... Sometimes I feel like I am stuck but I will surely find a way out

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
I swear, it's the way out i'm looking for like this. Lol. Cos at my level, I can't even sign up for any paid internship that's less than $120 monthly. So, it's a dilemma.
SOLARPOWER1:

You just stated my problem here... How do you even say it that you want to leave a job of above 100k for an unpaid internship... Sometimes I feel like I am stuck but I will surely find a way out
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Can someone help me with Udemy PDF tutorial on Transact-SQL? Thanks very much.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Chemistdavy: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
Last favor: I would also appreciate a material on;
Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hello guys I have a question .
I intend to do data science and machine learning but I'm interested in solving problems in medicine like building machine learning models that can interprete xray scans and all that stuff .
my question is do I still need to go ahead to learn all that data visualization stuff or should I focus on understanding the models and what are the irrelevant things I don't have to learn?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wisemania(m): 1:30am On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wisemania(m): 1:31am On Aug 12, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
Hello guys I have a question .
I intend to do data science and machine learning but I'm interested in solving problems in medicine like building machine learning models that can interprete xray scans and all that stuff .
my question is do I still need to go ahead to learn all that data visualization stuff or should I focus on understanding the models and what are the irrelevant things I don't have to learn?

Visit thread 1

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 12, 2020
wisemania:

Visit thread 1
where?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.