Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa (35785 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by NOC1(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2019
Which of the world are they fourth?
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by itoldu: 5:29am On Oct 22, 2019
If any Nigerian says anything there!

Left MMIA, I got into the Kotoka airport the other day and I thought harmattan wasn’t allowed to cross the border at Cotonou to visit us in Nigeria.

But if they aren’t careful, their immigrations officer would ruin that place. They have started to behave like Nigerian police. I pity them.

3 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Burgerlomo: 5:32am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

The airport is nice but the last time I was there it took 2 hours for baggage delivery.

2 hours delay is better than not getting the luggage at all in some corrupt airport grin
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by chukxie(m): 5:32am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

The airport is nice but the last time I was there it took 2 hours for baggage delivery.

Maybe your baggage carry 9ja wahala follow body grin
Just joking oooo
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by wirinet(m): 5:37am On Oct 22, 2019
Mescana22:
But seriously if Ghana have half of nigeria mineral resources, they will be giant of AFRICA, yes they are corrupt but this country is working, because there citizens are the check and balances the govt needs, if you watch all there TV programmes its all about governance and cost of governance, and how they speak out, this people are lawful, obeys traffic, 24/7 power, no robbery, i move arounnd 2,3,4, am and pressing my phone ,no one minds you, very calm and peaceful, dey hail you bosssu, you hailed them chalire, they construct roas like oyibo, the police and emergency services responds withing 5 mins, Oboy this people dey try, i refused to come back naija again, because i am scared of Lagos, One gal called Mensah has sucked me dry and she sabi cook wakkyche, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bone that thing. Ghana no near Nigeria. Ghana dey try for their small size and resources, but you can compare them to Nigeria. How many urban cities the whole of Ghana get? Is it up to 6. After Accra, Kumasi, Sekondi-Takoradi, Sunyani, Obuasi, and Cape Coast, which other urban cities do they have. Nigeria has 6 urban cities in every state.
How many doctors have they produced, how many professors, how many world renowned businessmen? Do they have the equivalent of Dangote, Adenuga, Innocent Chukwuma, Okonjo Iweala, wole soyinka, Fela, Whiz kid, etc. In which sphere or profession will Ghana beat Nigeria?

Since Ghana depends a lot on tourism, they need lots of promotions to attract foreigners, and thus the propaganda.

8 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by roundman: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2019
Spatta:
That is the Airport you get when your President is civilized and in tune with modern civilization, not when you have a Nepotistic, archaic, senile, irresponsible, power drunk, confused monster, who thinks being a President is jumping on the plane and travelling the world over and taking pictures from Aso rock pretending to sign a document while Abha Keari and the Mamman Daura confuse him knowing he has lost intelligence through old age
The wicked Man was advised to Arrest Sowore and silence his Views on Development so they can continue their devastating destruction of Nigeria
May God deliver Nigeria from theses Monster
Like the one's the previous PDP government built?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 5:57am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin cheesy lol which airport? Last year July 20th during the convocation ceremony of my niece at university of Ghana. I used the airport and its not what they use to call it .i can see the shit everywhere and the security use style to begging for money.
Everybody knows you are lying......
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 6:00am On Oct 22, 2019
Patosky4U:
See poor journalism oooooo fourth in the world kill una there
It actually fourth in africa.....that is indeed an error.

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 6:02am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Forth in the world? I apologise to my eastern brothers for calling them chest beaters. According to omatsola, dem dey learn. Ghanaians are chest drummers.
You should fight the poor journalism not Ghanaian. From Ghana main source, it is fourth in africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by crownwealth: 6:12am On Oct 22, 2019
Buharin is indeed a failure
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by MissJoy29(f): 6:16am On Oct 22, 2019
4th in the world? Not possible!

But still, shame on this country
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by dazzlingd(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2019
Ordinary Ghana , na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by donPhill(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2019
thats a working government... ordinary ghana of all places, and we call ourselves the giant of africa
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Dagger111(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2019
LifeQuest:
I guess Ghana us getting it right. I used the airport in May and I can not but agree that it us really what it is said to be.

Seems u like typing letter "u" than "i" sir?
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by fm001(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

As did all the other passengers right?

If you've used that airport where is the Bureau de change?

Lool.....Their is a bureau de Change close to the exit to car park...However many people don't patronize it.... Na outside most of them full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Multiplier7(m): 6:24am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Bone that thing. Ghana no near Nigeria. Ghana dey try for their small size and resources, but you can compare them to Nigeria. How many urban cities the whole of Ghana get? Is it up to 6. After Accra, Kumasi, Sekondi-Takoradi, Sunyani, Obuasi, and Cape Coast, which other urban cities do they have. Nigeria has 6 urban cities in every state.
How many doctors have they produced, how many professors, how many world renowned businessmen? Do they have the equivalent of Dangote, Adenuga, Innocent Chukwuma, Okonjo Iweala, wole soyinka, Fela, Whiz kid, etc. In which sphere or profession will Ghana beat Nigeria?

Since Ghana depends a lot on tourism, they need lots of promotions to attract foreigners, and thus the propaganda.

Meanwhile, I don't know why everything about Ghana is weird.

The name of their President is weird.
The name of their airport is weird.
No wonder the citizens of Ghana act weird too

What they knew how to do well is fry doughnuThis Kweku guy living in my area does that well.

Let their President continue to decieve them. By the time Buhari have finished dealing with this small countries, they will really understand who their daddy is.

I don't have time to come and be talking about a country that 2 states out of 36 states in Nigeria is far greater than.

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Kemkemgirl(f): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2019
Hi guys, �️

Missed last edition of Sport Alert ? watch fresh edition
of cock and bull edition with Ekemini Nelson. My reactions to stories making around Nigerian Sports and off course Tennis. Got u17 world cup news too.

Don't forget to Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7-iasBE5Y
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Princerichi0(m): 6:26am On Oct 22, 2019
I hate my leaders cry embarassed [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by mrsLeo(f): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

I know him well.

He's always mischievous.
[/s]
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Multiplier7(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
Princerichi0:
I hate my leaders cry embarassed [color=#990000][/color]

Am sorry to say this.
You should channel that hate to your inferiority complex.

You don't know anything about your country that's why.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by mysteryman2014: 6:35am On Oct 22, 2019
rodeo0070:
Ghana's Kotoka International Airport has been adjudged the best airport in West Africa and the fourth-best in the World by the Airport Council International (ACI) Africa.

The country moved from 6th last year to 4th in the West African ranking.

At the 28th ACI Conference in Accra yesterday, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo attributed the country's success in the latest ranking to the government's strong policy initiatives in the aviation industry.

He said the achievement was also due to the stakeholders' commitment to adhere to high airport service quality and standards at the Kotoka International Airport.

The ACI annual conference was aimed at providing the aviation community on the continent with the opportunity to share and disseminate vital industry information to strengthen the air transport industry.

The conference, on the theme, 'Smart airports of the future; are we ready?' attracted more than 300 participants from across the continent to share ideas and exhibit products and services.

President Akufo-Addo said the industry, under his administration, had been growing steadily, largely due to the decision to establish a dedicated aviation ministry to make the industry competitive in Africa.

He said under his government, a number of projects in the industry had been completed across the country, with new passenger terminals being constructed at the Kumasi and Tamale airports.

The Sunyani Airport, he added, was undergoing rehabilitation.

According to the President, the stable political and socio-economic climate of the country has contributed significantly to the growth of the country's aviation industry.

"We have liberalised the regulatory framework with which the industry used to operate. We have abolished the 17.5 per cent VAT on domestic air fares and this has resulted to almost a double of the domestic air passenger traffic," he said.

On international transport, he said the passenger numbers, as at September this year, had increased by 6.7 per cent, compared to the same period last year.

"Currently 38 airlines are operating in Ghana and they connect directly to 30 different destinations around the world," he said and noted that the aviation industry contributed US$2.7 billion and US$2.5 billion in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

President Akufo-Addo noted that the Aviation Ministry had initiated a plan known as an Aviation Driven Development that sought to make the aviation industry a key driver of the country's socio-economic transformation.

"Our airport will continue to undergo systematic facelifts through infrastructure rehabilitation. We intend to open up the country with the construction of additional airports to serve as feeders to the Kotoka Airport," he said.

The Minister of Aviation, Kofi Adda, in an address, pledged to work towards achieving the goal of making Ghana the aviation hub in Africa.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/10/21/kotoka-ranked-best-airport-in-west-africa/

Kotoka airport is small but well and efficiently managed. All facilities are functional and there is no begging for money unlike what obtains at MMA. Shame on rubbish Naija.

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by steveDpro: 6:36am On Oct 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Amazingman(m): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

Hmm..
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 6:40am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

well, it shows how ignorance you are to the world (Undermining a particular country because of her size) now add this to your list of the urban area.... Tamali ( once ranked as the fastest growing city in west africa) Techiman ( A commercial hub similar to onitcha) Tema ( An industrial hub of Ghana, it houses both the sea port and the oil refinery) koforidua ( The capital of eastern region) Etc.... Ghana is more urbanized than kenya and Tanzania in both and this is a country of 28 million ..... fourth in sub Saharan africa just behind Ethiopia

In terms of doctors , Ghana have produced well qualified doctors such as baron ribero, kufour and some others ....in the field of buisness , so many ( Let me mention company name , so you do the searching) kampack, Springfield, enginneeers and planners( The largest indigenous mining in west africa) Talking about academia, it is a tall list , that is better we don't even branch there but have this Francis allottey, Thomas mensah ( inventor of fiber optic) herman chinnery hesse ( Also an inventor) and the most promising one who works in most difficult profession on earth ( NASA) ashittey Trebi etc....

In terms of music , you only need to check the history of highlife, where it originate from.....Even fela had something to say about Ghana......for hiphop ( tbey have their likes like sarkordie ( he recently won the best international flaw at recent BET) ....

Comparing Ghana and Nigerian is meaningless because both of them are sons of Africa.... but if you must measure dicks, i bet you nothing shows Nigeria is ahead apart from population..... be it regional exams ( wascce) Ghana has continuously topping the list for more than 10 years now, be it soccer ( Ghana has gotten a better record, even boxing ( Ghana is well positioned)....

Tourism contribute little to Ghana GDP( It is not even in the top five list of foreing exchange earning . You are the one who should stop this jealousy , the country is developing on its own without contesting with anyone.......

No leader in Nigeria dead or alive is as popular like kwame inkrumah nor kofi annah

7 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Ericnrm(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2019
majamajic:
fourth in the world

hahaha

I don't wan comment my reserve

So you saw it too? grin

Bloggers and lies ehn
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2019
even our beautiful Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport in Abuja could not rank more in our own West Africa, even after spending thousands on runways, repairs and maintenance. ...wen will we ever get to the promise land?
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Princerichi0(m): 6:43am On Oct 22, 2019
Multiplier7:

Am sorry to say this.
You should channel that hate to your inferioty complex.

You don't know anything about your country that's why.

You that's the country encyclopedia. Here's you award.
What does inferioty complex has to do with me hating my leaders that would rather siphon monies meant to develop the country into their private pockets.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by DelphiOracle(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2019
what about the one in Port Harcourt?
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2019
Multiplier7:

Meanwhile, I don't know why everything about Ghana is weird.

The name of their President is weird.
The name of their airport is weird.
No wonder the citizens of Ghana act weird too

What they knew how to do well is fry doughnuThis Kweku guy living in my area does that well.

Let their President continue to decieve them. By the time Buhari have finished dealing with this small countries, they will really understand who their daddy is.

I don't have time to come and be talking about a country that 2 states out of 36 states in Nigeria is far greater than.
unneccasry arrogance...... Great in terms of what? what do you people take Ghana for?

4 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by majamajic(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2019
Ericnrm:

So you saw it too? grin

Bloggers and lies ehn

honKong , Dubai , Heathrow , jf Kennedy , Singapore , Qatar , Sydney , Abu Dhabi

am very sure has a better airport than Ghana , how come they make 4th in the world

bloggers will just sit at home and typing non sense

it's not even the best in Africa cos am sure Egypt has a better airport that that Ghana airport , and Egypt is not into world's top 50

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Slimpotter(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2019
olu77:
Fourth best in the world?! That sounds impossible.
Very, and I'm not being envious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by miketayo(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2019
Fourth best? Not even close

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? / Somewhere In Abuja, Have You Ever Pass Through This Expressway? / Naija In Belarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.