Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa (35775 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Revolva(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2019
well good for dem
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by soleexx(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2019
ForeThinker:
For the time being
u dey ur back
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by 9gerian: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2019
The airport is really nice.

I shook my head for the MMIA Lagos when I visited Kotoka Airport...

Well done Ghana!

2 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by sphinx54: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2019
It can't be the 4th best in the world na. That cant be possible please. This is my final say and no more comments.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Ayoefa: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2019
4th in the world? I seriously DOUBT that.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by stagger: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2019
LifeQuest:
I guess Ghana is getting it right. I used the airport in May and I can not but agree that it is really what it is said to be. That is Akuaba spirit. Sparkling clean convenience and other facilities. Professionalism of the airport officials. Oh my God. I landed in Lagos MM but could not use the dirty, smelling convenience. I hope we will be able to get it right someday.

Kotoka does not compare with Senegal's Blaise Diagne.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by blaque7: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2019
4th best in the world ke? I no sure say una know wetin be world.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by mikeapollo: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Bone that thing. Ghana no near Nigeria. Ghana dey try for their small size and resources, but you can compare them to Nigeria. How many urban cities the whole of Ghana get? Is it up to 6. After Accra, Kumasi, Sekondi-Takoradi, Sunyani, Obuasi, and Cape Coast, which other urban cities do they have. Nigeria has 6 urban cities in every state.
How many doctors have they produced, how many professors, how many world renowned businessmen? Do they have the equivalent of Dangote, Adenuga, Innocent Chukwuma, Okonjo Iweala, wole soyinka, Fela, Whiz kid, etc. In which sphere or profession will Ghana beat Nigeria?

Since Ghana depends a lot on tourism, they need lots of promotions to attract foreigners, and thus the propaganda.

These comments show some deep ignorance. You don't boast about having millionaires and ''cities''. Your millionaires are useless if the majority of the people are poor and hopeless. What you should boast about is the ''human development index (HDI) which compares access to education, health services, roads, water, social amenities, security, rule of law, etc. Ghana is better than Nigeria in all these areas! A country does not need to have a few millionaires and million of poor people. It is better you have majority of the people have a fair share of the resources.
There are solid professors like Wole Soyinka in many countries, but not every one of them would necessarily win Nobel Prize.
If you do not know, Fela traveled to Ghana to learn Afrobeat. He was initially playing Highlife in Nigeria until he traveled to live in Ghana from 1967-70. That was where he was introduced to the new wave of African music (Afrobeat) . He joined a band in Accra called Hedzolleh. Hugh Masekela of South Africa also joined that band. That is where they both learnt what later became known as ''Afrobeat''. The biggest musicians in the history of Nigeria are the Highlife musicians and they all borrowed Ghanaian style of Highlife.
Osibisa is the biggest ever African musical band, and they are the first to tour the globe in the 19060s to 90s.
You talk about Wizkid? Who is Wizkid when you talk of real music? Don't you know, and cant you see Nigerian musicians e.g. Davido, Tecno, Flavour, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Mayorjun, Timaya, Mr Eazi, Teni, Tuface, Dbanj etc are all imitating and copying Ghanaian Highlife/Hiplife and Azonto style of music which they all pretend to call ''Afrobeat'' or Afropop"

2 Likes

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by mikeapollo: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2019
Dotng:

If Ghana has half of Nigeria's resources and just a quarter of our problems there economy will collapse. One of their presidents made this kind of remark in recent times and it shows a lack of appreciation of the overall issues countries in Africa face. John Kuffor had to publicly recognise Nigeria's help during their energy crises when they could not purchase oil without a 90 day credit facility which Obasanjo gave to them and allowed them to pay at their convenience. Their economy will have been in tatters like that of Greece if Obasanjo had not intervened.

Is credit facility a new thing in international trade? You did not say what would have happened to Nigeria if we do not get credit from other countries.
The truth is every country gives some form of credit to others. Nigeria sells crude oil, so it gives credit to buyers. Ghana sells gold and cocoa, and they also give credit to those who buy their exports. That is how international trade works.
The question is, has Nigeria been able to produce electricity with all the oil and gas that we have? Ghana has now discovered huge reserves of oil and gas and they are currently building the infrastructure that would put an end to their reliance on Nigerian oil and gas. Most taxi drivers in Ghana use gas to power their cars, and this has been happening for almost 20 years now.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2019
vaxx2:
well, it shows how ignorance you are to the world (Undermining a particular country because of her size) Know add this to your list of the urban area.... Tamali ( once ranked as the fastest growing city in west africa) Techiman ( A commercial hub similar to onitcha) Tema ( An industrial hub of Ghana, it houses both the sea port and the oil refinery) koforidua ( The capital of eastern region) Etc.... Ghana is more urbanized than kenya and Tanzania in both and this is a country of 28 million ..... fourth in sub Saharan africa just behind Ethiopia

In terms of doctors , Ghana have produced well qualified doctors such as baron ribero, kufour and some others ....in the field of buisness , so many ( Let me mention company name , so you do the searching) kampack, Springfield, enginneeers and planners( The largest indiegineous mining in west africa) Talking about academia, it is a tall list , that is better we don't even branch there but have this Francis allottey, Thomas mensah ( inventor of fiber optic) herman chinnery hesse ( Also an inventor) and the moist promising one who works in most difficult profession on earth ( NASA) ashittey Trebi etc....

In terms of music , you only need to check the history of highlofe, where it originate from.....Even fela had something to say about Ghana......for hiphop ( tbey have their likes like sarkordie ( he recently won the best international flaw at recent BET) ....

Comparing Ghana and Nigerian is meaningless because both of them are sons of Africa.... but if you must measure dicks, i bet you nothing shows Nigeria is ahead apart from population..... be it regional exams ( wascce) Ghana has continuously topping the list for more than 10 years now, be it soccer ( Ghana has gotten a better record, even boxing ( Ghana is well positioned)....

Tourism contribute little to Ghana GDP( It is not even in the top five list of foreing exchange earning . You are the one who should stop hating, the country is developing on its own without contesting with anyone.......

no leader in Nigeria dead or alive is as popular like kwame inkrumah nor kofi annah
fibre optic was invented by a British indian
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Arizonaguy(m): 10:07am On Oct 22, 2019
majamajic:
fourth in the world

hahaha
I don't wan comment my reserve
i'm sure it's a typographical error Definitely adjudged the fourth in Africa
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by LifeQuest(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2019
stagger:

Kotoka does not compare with Senegal's Blaise Diagne.

Really? I have not been there to determine that.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
While others are silently building their countries. Niggerians are better at hurling online insults
Nigerians are the most useless people on earth. can't wait to run far from that shithole

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Jaqenhghar: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
Nigerians are the most useless people on earth. can't wait to run far from that shithole
My brother run. You will never regret it. I will be praying for you honestly
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Jaqenhghar: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
If you listen to Niggerians long enough they will tell you they invented electricity and the were the first to go to the moon
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by hekkyboi: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin cheesy lol which airport? Last year July 20th during the convocation ceremony of my niece at university of Ghana. I used the airport and its not what they use to call it .i can see the shit everywhere and the security use style to begging for money.
las las u will never agree because ur moniker says it all
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

If you listen to Niggerians long enough they will tell you they invented electricity and the were the first to go to the moon
lmao..hearing them speak, you will think they are the jews or Han chinese.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

My brother run. You will never regret it. I will be praying for you honestly
i cant wait bro.. gat to get out from this place
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by LifeQuest(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2019
hekkyboi:

las las u will never agree because ur moniker says it all

Perhaps the old airport.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Irore: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
LifeQuest:
I guess Ghana is getting it right. I used the airport in May and I can not but agree that it is really what it is said to be. That is Akuaba spirit. Sparkling clean convenience and other facilities. Professionalism of the airport officials. Oh my God. I landed in Lagos MM but could not use the dirty, smelling convenience. I hope we will be able to get it right someday.

The conveniences I saw at the local wing a few years ago was terrible. Stinking,wet floor and worse still, located at the entrance and oozes into the waiting lounge. God help us for once to be mindful of sanitary conveniences. As it stands now, we are way back.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Jaqenhghar: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
i cant wait bro.. gat to get out from this place

U will. Don't give up. The benefits are immense. A few years ago I was one patriotic fool. If you told me then about migrating I would have insulted you. I remember one my friend saying I should apply for green card lottery.... but now I know better. Thay shithole will not get better in this lifetime. Instead of waiting for things thay will never happen leave the shithole
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by vaxx2: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
No friend.....google Thomas mensah
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by hammed71(m): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
I heard the new MMIA Lagos will be opened December, I guess it will be like the one in Abuja
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by olu77(m): 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Slimpotter:

Very, and I'm not being envious.

That is a tall dream bro. I think op was trying to say the best in West Africa and Fourth best in Africa. If it's not the best in Africa, how can it even be the fourth best in the world. Meanwhile, the rating was done by ACI Africa.

I am impressed by the progress Ghana and other African countries are making but a fact is a fact. Currently I don't think there is any West African airport that will make top 10 in africa in a credible rating.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by olu77(m): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Well, fiber optic was not invented by Thomas Mensah, he innovated the invention atleast wikipedia will confirm that. I understand that some Nigerians who are less intelligent are arrogant and noisy but the achievers dont even make noise. We've always been our brother nations keeper across africa but we are getting kicked because we fell. Black people are great people that is all I know despite even how we ourselves look at each other.
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by 360command: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Mescana22:
But seriously if Ghana have half of nigeria mineral resources, they will be giant of AFRICA, yes they are corrupt but this country is working, because there citizens are the check and balances the govt needs, if you watch all there TV programmes its all about governance and cost of governance, and how they speak out, this people are lawful, obeys traffic, 24/7 power, no robbery, i move arounnd 2,3,4, am and pressing my phone ,no one minds you, very calm and peaceful, dey hail you bosssu, you hailed them chalire, they construct roas like oyibo, the police and emergency services responds withing 5 mins, Oboy this people dey try, i refused to come back naija again, because i am scared of Lagos, One gal called Mensah has sucked me dry and she sabi cook wakkyche, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
I agree with you.. Ghana stands today because of the men in politics... They try to do all so as to keep the country organize but Ghanaians are the ones not willing to push the country forward.. The system have provided you with light, water and security, yet Ghanaians do not want to make good use of that and invest critically in the economy. All they do is to wait for foreigners to come over and show them how to invest.

This is different from Nigeria.. We have bad politicians who has given us nothing for Nigerians to excel..Nigerian is where it is because of the Nigerians trying to push the economy forward but our govt ain't given the people support...It is just pathetic..
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Jaqenhghar: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
olu77:

Well, fiber optic was not invented by Thomas Mensah, he innovated the invention atleast wikipedia will confirm that. I understand that some Nigerians who are less intelligent are arrogant and noisy but the achievers dont even make noise. We've always been our brother nations keeper across africa but we are getting kicked because we fell. Black people are great people that is all I know despite even how we ourselves look at each other.
At least you admit we fell. From my limited knowledge of the world I can conclude that the difference between us and the rest of the world is they do what they have to do. We, would rather make excuses
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:

The airport is nice but the last time I was there it took 2 hours for baggage delivery.
. BROS YOU CAN LIE OOOO
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
mikeapollo:

These comments show some deep ignorance. You don't boast about having millionaires and ''cities''. Your millionaires are useless if the majority of the people are poor and hopeless. What you should boast about is the ''human development index (HDI) which compares access to education, health services, roads, water, social amenities, security, rule of law, etc. Ghana is better than Nigeria in all these areas! A country does not need to have a few millionaires and million of poor people. It is better you have majority of the people have a fair share of the resources.
There are solid professors like Wole Soyinka in many countries, but not every one of them would necessarily win Nobel Prize.
If you do not know, Fela traveled to Ghana to learn Afrobeat. He was initially playing Highlife in Nigeria until he traveled to live in Ghana from 1967-70. That was where he was introduced to the new wave of African music (Afrobeat) . He joined a band in Accra called Hedzolleh. Hugh Masekela of South Africa also joined that band. That is where they both learnt what later became known as ''Afrobeat''. The biggest musicians in the history of Nigeria are the Highlife musicians and they all borrowed Ghanaian style of Highlife.
Osibisa is the biggest ever African musical band, and they are the first to tour the globe in the 19060s to 90s.
You talk about Wizkid? Who is Wizkid when you talk of real music? Don't you know, and cant you see Nigerian musicians e.g. Davido, Tecno, Flavour, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Mayorjun, Timaya, Mr Eazi, Teni, Tuface, Dbanj etc are all imitating and copying Ghanaian Highlife/Hiplife and Azonto style of music which they all pretend to call ''Afrobeat'' or Afropop"
Bro help me tell them so they can learn after they will say they are the so-called giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Forget that one please which problem do you have or you wanted to say the problem you put your self in.Every country has her resources that can manage themselves so Ghana small resources is well managed but what about Nigeria what happened with all the resources we have still yet 90 million Nigeria’s live in extreme poverty
mikeapollo:

Is credit facility a new thing in international trade? You did not say what would have happened to Nigeria if we do not get credit from other countries.
The truth is every country gives some form of credit to others. Nigeria sells crude oil, so it gives credit to buyers. Ghana sells gold and cocoa, and they also give credit to those who buy their exports. That is how international trade works.
The question is, has Nigeria been able to produce electricity with all the oil and gas that we have? Ghana has now discovered huge reserves of oil and gas and they are currently building the infrastructure that would put an end to their reliance on Nigerian oil and gas. Most taxi drivers in Ghana use gas to power their cars, and this has been happening for almost 20 years now.

Forget that one please which problem do you have or you wanted to say the problem you put your self in.Every country has her resources that can manage themselves so Ghana small resources is well managed but what about Nigeria what happened with all the resources we have still yet 90 million Nigeria’s live in extreme poverty
Re: Kotoka Ranked Best Airport In West Africa by Commentor: 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
malcomxjr:
. BROS YOU CAN LIE OOOO

Lie say wetin happen?

What I'm talking about is barely a month ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies In Mozambique. Do You Know Him? (Photo) / What Happens To The Money And Property Of Those Deported? / Somewhere In Abuja, Have You Ever Pass Through This Expressway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.