Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? (13866 Views)

Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) / Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
Use a BBC undercover investigator
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by imitor4us(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
Don't try anything funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by swuftz: 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Write about 100 anonymous letter of complaint to the department head and copied the lecturer. He would resign from marking by himself .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by DaddyMorenike: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
Take his picture to mfm
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
I know a guy that gets rid of lecturers , especially biased one's.
Chat me up if you interested.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by edoairways: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
fratermathy:
If you are so sure of what you wrote, write and apply for remarking.

Problem solved.
Remarking will make matters worst especially in a public university
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by wamide042(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Kill him....
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Nnamebuka: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
swuftz:
Write about 100 anonymous letter of complaint to the department head and copied the lecturer. He would resign from marking by himself .
Op do this if you wanna put him in his place. Get like-minded students who can keep secret into the project and in some of the letter accuse him of sleeping with some students that makes him award them unmerited scores. Also claim if he doesnt take time you'll soon start flooding all the school notice boards with his pictures with girls in questionable attires and places and can even release videos. Especially now that lecturers are being implicted through hidden cameras he'll be alarmed.

I and many guys in my dept (FST EBSU) were victims of this in my degree years by one Mr. Friday. Dude was so stupid and drunk in women p**sy that no guy made 2.1 from our class while even Oloshos and dundee girls smiled home with 2.1. He just has a way of slipping his way unto many of our Lecturers that almost all hand him either their scripts to mark or their scores to help them enter in the assessment register. Even the course he was teaching then as a graduate assistant he took it over and the owner of the course don't even care (this very course he gives his girls the question before exam day). Stupid fellow he was sad

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Potch: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Resivim:
Good day fellow "nairalanders".

There exist this very young (say) lecturer in my department who is always in charge of most of exam scripts of students. In fact most lecturers hand over students' scripts to him for marking believing he's trustworthy.
But the main thing is, he's now aware of almost all the best and class toppers in class including those who wish to play their games so low...and he usually mark those who seems not to be familiar with him down while gracing the ones he's familiar with even though they don't usually give (1/4) of what those marked down usually give.

This has been occuring for several times now, many silent aims of the best students seem to have been dashed....he will just reduce their efforts to like *B* or a more lesser grade when they Indeed deserve *A* and even get the highest scores..

THE QUESTION NOW IS, HOW DO YOU THINK WE CAN DEAL WITH THIS SELFISH MAN, OR PREVENT HIM FROM INFLICTING SUBESQUENT HARMS TO OUR MOST DESIRED GOALS.

Most of us hate this man's attitude! , let alone of moving closer to him.

I will be so grateful if this really gets to front page, it's one of the challenges those called "BEST STUDENTS" face.

How come he is in charge of all the students' scripts in your department? Is he directly involved in the teaching of all courses involved? If not, that is not right! Send anonymous letter to the Dean of the Faculty if you have a strong evidence, your accusations must be based on facts though, not conjectures. If your HOD is approachable, you can go as a group with hard facts. Don't know if this will work in Nigeria though?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by fratermathy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
edoairways:

Remarking will make matters worst especially in a public university

Not really. This is a very simple issue. Remarking is the best way to solve the matter. The affected person should just write politely and request for the scripts to be remarked. If the student is actually intelligent as he presents himself, nobody can persecute him.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Thank you all for your suggestions and I will start necessary steps on some of the comments gotten so far .
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by webngnews: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Potch:

How come he is in charge of all the students' scripts in your department? Is he directly involved in the teaching of all courses involved? If not, that is not right! Send anonymous letter to the Dean of the Faculty if you have a strong evidence, your accusations must be based on facts though, not conjectures. If your HOD is approachable, you can go as a group with hard facts. Don't know if this will work in Nigeria though?
,Ok thanks
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
fratermathy:

Not really. This is a very simple issue. Remarking is the best way to solve the matter. The affected person should just write politely and request for the scripts to be remarked. If the student is actually intelligent as he presents himself, nobody can persecute him.
Alright.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Fantazy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
StrongandMighty:
Can you prove your case??
Yes, the funniest thing is I learnt he already memorized the Matric no of these set of students...'can't just begin to disclose the CGPA(s) before you people believe,(not arrogance pls!)...
You can't imagine reading for a course that almost make you lose you conciousness just because of the awareness of what he's capable to do...and in fact I'm so sure of what I wrote, even while expecting something closer or not lesser than 90.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
Resivim:
Still expecting suggestions....
Our problem be say y most you be the ftc
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by deltateam: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
fratermathy:
If you are so sure of what you wrote, write and apply for remarking.

Problem solved.

Na so e easy?

Op you people should approach your HOD through your Course Rep or preferably speak to your Academic Adviser, hoping he/she is sensible.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by malikombi(m): 6:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Forget about the fact any lecturer can mark you down. I once had the mindset until I saw one of my exam script then and I discovered what I wrote is far distant from the designed marking scheme.
However, if you're in doubt, you can request for your script to be re-marked.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by pendragon35(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
EXLOVER:
Who is we? When you are fucking all the girls in the department you think the young lecturer won't get jealous of you abi?

I remember my days in the university, there is this lecturer that always give me attitude, because the mind your business type of guy, he always oppress me with word anytime i go to his office, there was this particular day i went to his office after smoking enough weed and spirit. Immediately i entered his office he saw my eyes very red, he was humble my looks, he quietly ask me to sit, but before he won't do that. And i talked to him like my mate, my plan was to beat him up and forget the fucking degree.

So you should summon courage and approach that boy lecturer, if he do anyhow beat him up and wait for the worst to happen. No man is a god and shouldn't act as one.

You're very funny. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Comedian2019: 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
Report him to MC Oluomo.

I didn't say you should invite thug.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Mcdaniels06: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sometimes we pass through all these hicks and challenges in our immediate environment because we haven't taken them to God in prayer.
Take it to the LORD in prayer. God will personally transfer him out of that department, you don't even need to know how he will do it, just believe and see God take over the battle.

Check the information below.

It's cool to have a job with a steady income, but it's better you have a side business opportunity that will fetch you the income that will make you wealthy while your job caters for the day to day expenses that is always there, and also in-case the Job employment isn't coming on time. for this purpose if you message me quick on Whatsapp, I will introduce you to a very Lucrative Business Opportunity in Real Estate, which you can do anywhere you are in the world and make good money for yourself, with just a little commitment obviously to register and be identified as an Independent Consultant with our Illustrious Company here in Lagos, Nigeria. 07031201057. i'll be expecting your message as soon as possible, there's no harm in trying, and i know the sky is your beginning if you do.

Great day ahead.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by mechanics(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
Report to your school management
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lmao simple sturv. Just tell your dad or guardian to come to your school and tell the lecturer that he wants him (the lecturer) to make you his personal mentor and guardian.

Sit back and watch the magic cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by edoairways: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
fratermathy:

It is easy to say until the student makes the move by then he would regret
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Organs(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Firstly, you are in the habit of comparing and looking at other peoples work, grades etc before coming to this conclusion. You are already violating others principle. Now, there is no way you can be failed if you pass. I mean if 2+2 = 4 and you write 7, you failed, now, no way you will write 4 and a lecturer will fail you. Also, you can request for another lecturer to remark your script.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:
The only way to deal with issues like this is to double your efforts.

You have to read so much that you are almost sure of scoring 95 out of 100.

You may think it is impossible but it actually is. A lecturer once told me point blank I will fail a course he was handling.

I knew him to be vindictive and didn’t take the threat lightly. From that day till the exam date, there was no single day I didn’t read the particular course for at least one hour a day. It got to a stage I knew most of the topics by heart.

I took the exam like every other student and scored a little above 70(which of course is the resultant score after he had marked me down as much as he wanted)

One thing is this; no matter how a lecturer hates you , he won’t fail you if you pass on merit. It’s just not possible. They have people who check the scripts to see if the total marks recorded tallied with the marks accumulated from each question answered.

So my friend put in more efforts and put the man to shame. Stopping people like that through official means is almost impossible
Hmmmmmmm, some can be more mean bro.
I wrote a test and assignments, he takes two courses, I scored different cumulative scores in both with one very high and the other average, while recording, he recorded same score for me for both which was low, i wasnt the least on script scores but I was in his recordings, I requested for a justification, he said I'm challenging his authority.
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by yeyeosoronga: 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
Resivim:
Yes, the funniest thing is I learnt he already memorized the Matric no of these set of students...'can't just begin to disclose the CGPA(s) before you people believe,(not arrogance pls!)...
You can't imagine reading for a course that almost make you lose you conciousness just because of the awareness of what he's capable to do...and in fact I'm so sure of what I wrote, even while expecting something closer or not lesser than 90.

Then ask for a remark
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Treasure17(m): 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
uhmmmmm? two rounds of bullets can be enough to end your troubles with the lecturer if you know you know

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Halezis(m): 4:55am On Oct 23, 2019
This looks like Carver building, UNN. If I'm not mistaking?

Please don't try anything that'd jeopardize your grades and your future unless you've got solid evidences. If not, then try work with a very few and trusted mates to get something to hold on to. The University is currently out against Corrupt practices, so if you have something reasonable against him with clear proofs then you can make official reports. It has not always ended well.

You can also apply for remarking of scripts ONLY if you're very sure you don't deserve what you were given, it has not always ended well too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by oshorstan(f): 5:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Hello guys and Ladies, I need the services of good , sound, dedicated teachers in the following subjects
1. Government
2. Geography
3. Literature
4. Maths
5. Economics and Commerce
6. Chemistry

Location is Jattu-Auchi in Edo State
You can chat me or call me 08138188962

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice To Freshers In Nigerian Higher Institutions / , / Uniabuja Part-time Form And Diploma Form Still On Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.