Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations (13077 Views)

ICPC Arrests Okoi Obono-Obla / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by GOZIEM2463: 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has declared wanted the suspended chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Mr. Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla

Taking to its official Twitter handle @ICPC_PE on Tuesday, the ICPC noted that the former presidential aide was declared wanted “due to his repeated failure to appear before it to answer questions bordering on allegations of fraud and corruption.”

“Mr. Obono-Obla is facing [a] series of allegations leveled against him by members of the public on his role as head of the government panel on asset recovery.

“The Commission is in receipt of petitions accusing him of abuse of office, falsification of admission records, living above his income and collection of gratification from suspects under his investigation,” the tweet noted.

Continuing, ICPC said, “The suspended chairman is also facing allegations of working outside the guidelines governing the panel by investigating unauthorised petitions and prosecuting suspects without recourse to the office of the Attorney General of the Federation.

“ICPC had conducted [a] series of investigations on the allegations, with preliminary findings showing that some provisions of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 and extant laws of Nigeria had been allegedly violated by Mr. Obono-Obla.

“Consequently, ICPC had extended several invitations to him, which he had failed to honour without giving any reason

“Attempts to track and make him appear before the Commission also failed, leading ICPC to contact other law enforcement agencies for assistance concerning his whereabouts.

“One of such contacts has yielded results, as records from the Nigeria Immigration Service show that Mr. Obono-Obla had traveled out of the country.

“The NIS records revealed that he left the country to an undisclosed location on 17th August, 2019, through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, [Lagos] and has not returned two months after,” it added.

https://punchng.com/breaking-icpc-declares-ex-presidential-aide-obono-obla-wanted/amp/

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Gandollaar(f): 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
Mumu man! Why is he running?

10 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by PeaceGord: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Very good.

The man got power drunk.

14 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by lordkush: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
obno obala is now enemy of state.

both pdp and apc hates him. lolgrin

12 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by lordkush: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
obno obala is now enemy of state.

both pdp and apc hates him. lolgrin

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by chinjo(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2019
The chicken are gradually coming to Rooste

9 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by dukeprince50: 4:08am On Oct 23, 2019
please NLders, as we insult Buhari, let us be aware some of our leaders deserve to be castrated, there is enough money to go round for everyone's need but not for everyone's greed
MEJOISLAND:

I hope Buhari is also included
If you didn't get my message, just scroll down, I feel embarrassed when someone like you pop up in my mention.

most times I get overwhelmed by their stupidity grin

kelly72:

Your 2020 budget is N10 trillion. That is big, isn't it?
Now, N10 trillion divided by 180 million (your population) = N55.
Is this what you need to survive in one year? Worse still, do you know that Nigeria's yearly budget hardly gets implemented up to 70%, which means your own N55 may end up as N27?

Oga wake up, it was only a dream.
This is the kind of post I do not want to see when I open my mention, people who thought budget should be shared among the people

7 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 23, 2019
Another media trial loading grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:09am On Oct 23, 2019
He is a Saint lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:12am On Oct 23, 2019
angry
E remain Prof Frankeinstan ... sorry saagay, the droopy eyed ugly monster.
Make dem check am well well

6 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 23, 2019
I heard he's chilling in X-X-X. EFCC and ICPC reads Nairaland so I won't say, unless I'm employed as an informant, I can't shout.

Nairaland una worry o, I typed ''x-x-x'(without the hyphens) and you guys changed it to 'Bleep', you people have corrupt minds.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by majamajic(m): 5:00am On Oct 23, 2019
dog don chop bone them put for I'm neck

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by ebuk4real(m): 5:09am On Oct 23, 2019
grin

Welcome to the APC government: the more we look, the less we see...

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by GoldHorse(m): 5:16am On Oct 23, 2019
DenreleDave:
Pls how do I go about learning programming during my service year coming up next year...I'm studying banking and finance but I can't be looking for job like many are doing now..

I wana switch to learning things like IT... Guys Pls help.

I did my internship at GTB IN 2015 after my National diploma.. Now I will be graduating from the university in few weeks time

I am a fast learner even though I don't have a laptop for now but I am a computer literate.. I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I'm averagely perfect (funny right? ) with corel draw. Lack of system and practice made me stagnant in designs

I can't be jobless, the plight of graduate makes me feel so bad for my own self gan

I designed that and can do many more, I just need help

Udemy, Freecodecamp, Coursera, YouTube, etc are some of the examples of places you can learn both free and paid.

You've made a great decision young man!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by danot1030: 5:27am On Oct 23, 2019
Some people will call it media trial again as though the media should no longer carry reports of happenings in the country again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by naijadrivablog: 5:30am On Oct 23, 2019
Obono-Obla, the hunter but now the hunted. grin

He was a radical lawyer in those days in Calabar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Hedonisco: 5:42am On Oct 23, 2019
PeaceGord:
Very good.

The man got power drunk.
Power drunk is an Understatement. Very despicable man. He is the sort that should be paraded in chains, while being kicked and spat at.

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 23, 2019
dukeprince50:
please NLders, as we insult Buhari, let us be aware some of our leaders deserve to be castrated

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 23, 2019
Seriously, both ICPC and EFCC are a useless outfit. Though ICPC is quite mature with thier approach

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by dukeprince50: 5:52am On Oct 23, 2019
MEJOISLAND:

If you didn't get my message, just scroll down, I feel embarrassed when someone like you pop up in my mention.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by ppls stupidity grin
Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Yankee101: 5:57am On Oct 23, 2019
Bush meat wan catch hunter

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by vincent10(m): 5:59am On Oct 23, 2019
ICPC now seems to be working.

I thought they are no longer in existence.
Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by InvertedHammer: 6:01am On Oct 23, 2019
/
Thats the beauty of Nigeria.

From Ribadu, Lamorde, PEJ, Okoi to the future victims...today you are hunting people but tomorrow you will be hunted.

Power shifts in Nigeria are always drastic.

/
Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by thundafire: 6:02am On Oct 23, 2019
Dis big loud mouthed man,hope ICPC will finish with dey case oh

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by roymary: 6:08am On Oct 23, 2019
So this punk of a government is simply going to goose-chase for the entire 8 years. Someone needs to tell me one election promise this kolo government kept so far!

Nigerians are retards . These bunch of thieves told us they shared $103.8M among the poor and we are quiet as usual. Be like dem swear for Nigerians.

By the time Buhari is done with you people, you will be living in the gutters eating rubbish. Second term still chasing and continuously owing National debt that the next generation will have to magically pay for.

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by ClassicMan202(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2019
When he sees this news

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by ATTemi: 6:25am On Oct 23, 2019
who takes EFCC and ICPC serious?

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by freemi(m): 6:37am On Oct 23, 2019
Hedonisco:

Power drunk is an Understatement. Very despicable man. He is the sort that should be paraded in chains, while being kicked and spat at.
lols

1 Like

Re: ICPC Declares Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla Wanted For Corruption Accusations by Georgry(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2019
DenreleDave:
Pls how do I go about learning programming during my service year coming up next year...I'm studying banking and finance but I can't be looking for job like many are doing now..

I wana switch to learning things like IT... Guys Pls help.

I did my internship at GTB IN 2015 after my National diploma.. Now I will be graduating from the university in few weeks time

I am a fast learner even though I don't have a laptop for now but I am a computer literate.. I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I'm averagely perfect (funny right? ) with corel draw. Lack of system and practice made me stagnant in designs

I can't be jobless, the plight of graduate makes me feel so bad for my own self gan

I designed that and can do many more, I just need help

Good morning sir.
I just finished my Nd program in Banking and Finance and I'd like to follow your footsteps (doing my IT with a bank, going to the university to do my BSc and getting some IT skills during my studies) because that has always been my plans but unfortunately I have no body to put me through..

I'd like to know the procedure for applying for the Gtb Internship and this will mean a lot to me and my future.. Please save a brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

LIVE UPDATES: Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial / Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project / Buhari Reacts To Latest Zamfara Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.