Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment (2398 Views)

Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani / Onnoghen: Osinbajo Is An Embarrassment, Should Be Stripped Of SAN Title - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by tiwiex(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2019
KingsCity:

No dear, my dictionary defines revolution as forcible overthrow of government. Revolution is like talking about violent change and I don't think any government will seat by and watch that happen

He could have named it any other thing but not revolution

This name issue has been trashed out even by the best lawyers. First as a reminder, the word has been used the same word in one of his previous election campaigns. Therl records are available and this was one of the arguments by. The defence. That the same government made reference to the word "revolution" during campaigns. The hypocrisy in that likely contributed to why he was granted bail.

Secondly, no where in our constitution or codes is revolution referenced as a crime. You can call it a lacuna but it is what it is. They didn't want the protest. Simple. All this he was calling for a revolution holds no water. Did they find any weapons on him or linked to him? If they did, he will be in life imprisonment now.

Finally, the law is based on evidence and they follow written down procedures. From that, Sowore was seen as bailable. All this is just face saving and media trial. It's like arresting someone for saying "I will kill you". All of us will be in jail now. Until he commits the act, you can't charge him for murder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2019
My people from where i come from always say that a child that does not have mother does not go out to get infested wound on his back.

Our man has just tested his popularity and it doesn't look like he is winning.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
fykes:

Pls the next time u quote me, don't bring tribalism or name calling. U can make ur points without speaking down on any tribe. U have to be a Nigerian to be either Yoruba, igbo or Hausa.
We are first Nigerians

This is not tribalism or name-calling. Yorubas are always reactionary only after we have been slandered by others. It is Igbos, on this forum, and their Ogas like Kanu and manipulators like Omocry seeking to make Yorubas look bad over Sowore. Yorubas are then forced to explain the facts of how we reason differently to them.

You cannot have missed how Kanu taunted the Yorubas saying if they block third mainland bridge in protest for Sowore then IPOB will lock down the SE for weeks. Whoever told Kanu we are interested in protesting for Sowore?

Who informed Omocry that Yorubas cannot pay for Sowore bail for him to be suggesting Igbos did more to bail Kanu while Yorubas ignore Sowore when issues are about Yorubas accepting that Sowore did wrong while Igbos will always back their own blindly.

If reality bugs you then you can jump in the Lagoon as I make no apology to politically correct folks like you who ignore the truth on the ground to be promoting 'we are all one' Kumbaya BS. As if this whole Sowore lack of bail nonsense is not another effort of the bigots from the SE and SS to rubbish the image of the Yorubas as they are obsessed with doing.
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
tiwiex:

This name issue has been trashed out even by the best lawyers. First as a reminder, the word has been used the same word in one of his previous election campaigns. Therl records are available and this was one of the arguments by. The defence. That the same government made reference to the word "revolution" during campaigns. The hypocrisy in that likely contributed to why he was granted bail.

Secondly, no where in our constitution or codes is revolution referenced as a crime. You can call it a lacuna but it is what it is. They didn't want the protest. Simple. All this he was calling for a revolution holds no water. Did they find any weapons on him or linked to him? If they did, he will be in life imprisonment now.

Finally, the law is based on evidence and they follow written down procedures. From that, Sowore was seen as bailable. All this is just face saving and media trial. It's like arresting someone for saying "I will kill you". All of us will be in jail now. Until he commits the act, you can't charge him for murder.

My friend, you are just trying to be clever by half. The reason Sowore is abandoned is because many understand what you pretend not to. I.e it is not someone who indicated he is a disciple of democracy yesterday, by running to effect political change through elective office , who should be clamouring irresponsibly and hypocritically for people-centred revolution today after he lost the general election.

Let us not get bogged down in the semantics of what revolution means. Bottom line is that Sowore's action leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of many because he behaved like a self-servicer and this is why he is not supported enough for us to even be pushing against his detention whether legal or not. Most Nigerians feels betrayed by him . They see him as an undemocratic user with no principles.

Nigerians were clamouring for youths to take over. They enjoyed Sowore's participation as it was a step in the right direction. Even if he did not win or even come close to winning, many expected him to build on his political and democratic credentials for the future and not turn Che Guevera overnight shortly after the election. He showed he is egotistic, intolerant and selfish by seeking to cause problem for a newly elected Government that emerged in an election he ran in and lost.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by budaatum: 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

You are out of point sir. It's only in 3rd world countries that protest and revolution is called STEWPID!!!
Third world country like Spain you mean?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/14/catalan-separatist-leaders-given-lengthy-prison-sentences

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by fykes(m): 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Oshigun:

This is not tribalism or name-calling. Yorubas are always reactionary only after we have been slandered by others. It is Igbos, on this forum, and their Ogas like Kanu and manipulators like Omocry seeking to make Yorubas look bad over Sowore. Yorubas are then forced to explain the facts of how we reason differently to them.

You cannot have missed how Kanu taunted the Yorubas saying if they block third mainland bridge in protest for Sowore then IPOB will lock down the SE for weeks. Whoever told Kanu we are interested in protesting for Sowore?

Who informed Omocry that Yorubas cannot pay for Sowore bail for him to be suggesting Igbos did more to bail Kanu while Yorubas ignore Sowore when issues are about Yorubas accepting that Sowore did wrong while Igbos will always back their own blindly.

If reality bugs you then you can jump in the Lagoon as I make no apology to politically correct folks like you who ignore the truth on the ground to be promoting 'we are all one' Kumbaya BS. As if this whole Sowore lack of bail nonsense is not another effort of the bigots from the SE and SS to rubbish the image of the Yorubas as they are obsessed with doing.
Guy I don't know what ur problem is but u obviously have an issue with igbos... All I'm saying is the world is bigger than ur eyes can see. And u keep on going like u are d spokesman of the Yoruba race.
I don't listen to Kanu, why should I? Why should I listen to IPOB? why do u even listen to kanu?
U should learn to see humanity before seeing ur tribe

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Breaks With Tradition, Names Southerner As Hajj Commission Chairman / Breaking: Imo Governor Attacked By Ohaji Youths. Photo / Wike And Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Held Responsible For Oyigbo Killings - Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.