Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79255 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by tpascal: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
Most Rev sisters lack internal joy.

They don't have human pity.

Better look 4 job elsewhere b4 your hell fire starts[color=#990000][/color]
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by deltateam: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
7pages:

sis, I Don't know what you want graduate working in factories should say, if you called this workload

people that are jobless like me are ready to even issue 50,000 deposit slip. those that have been jobless like me can relate

just continue doing your work without paying attention to her attitude. I guess she's not giving you face so that you won't bring another complaint. even the new job you might be hoping to get, do you know their conditions and terms?

People like you are best given the job of sewage disposal. You lack value and respect for yourself.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Captiveportal: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
7pages:

sis, I Don't know what you want graduate working in factories should say, if you called this workload

people that are jobless like me are ready to even issue 50,000 deposit slip. those that have been jobless like me can relate

just continue doing your work without paying attention to her attitude. I guess she's not giving you face so that you won't bring another complaint. even the new job you might be hoping to get, do you know their conditions and terms?

I'm surprised too, are you sure she is not one of those single mothers in my department that are always reluctant to issue something or attend to students cos if she's the type then I say she deserve the current treatment cos we suffer more then they do and they push it to us, abeg do your job it it's me I'll gladly take the work, I was even thinking it was factory or cleaning job sef mtchewww
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Oktane: 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

You now had to come out and wash your soiled linen and spread it for the view of the entire world.

I feel terrible for employers. This is the quality is expression that the employer has to deal with. Lady, believe me you do not even deserve half of that amount.

You should consider yourself lucky that you have such a well paying job despite being a paragon of mediocrity.

You spoilt my day.

So sad!

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by OmalichaJesus(f): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
Please try getting another job.

Such a mean human being.

Sending love and prayers your way.
Be strong and shame the devil
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by 7pages(m): 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
deltateam:

People like you are best given the job of sewage disposal. You lack value and respect for yourself.

and if the value and respect doesn't bring food to the table. what would you turn to?

if I was giving terms and condition before accepting a job, if I found it tedious, you can exit if you can't cope after some months but not complaining at first week of acceptance

I pray you don't jam joblessness. if I have what you called sewage disposal job, I won't loose someone precious to me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by deltateam: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
Solsix:
You got a job of 45k in this present Nigeria and less than one week you demaded for salary increase that doesn't speak well of you. Be grateful for what you have, if am an employer I wouldn't want to work with someone like you.

Some comments here reek of poverty mentality. No wonder employers exploit you. Those taking home #150 000 - #250 000 and more. Do they have 2 heads?

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by mkoabiola: 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Yes am in Lagos
Send me a pm
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by 7pages(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
talk2rotman:

my brother....when u are at home and very desperate, you can take a job of 20k that is very tedious but believe me, after accepting the job and doing d job for some weeks or months ....you will feel like quitting, u won't feel like u should continue cus that's not your value, that's not what u deserve and that's why u see that people keep getting such job and leaving it eventually cus who will not want to attain the heights his mates are attaining? it's just a matter of time bro...even if u are admiring the job of hers now and they give u that job 2moro....u will still want more....that's a progressive mind...and that's the kind of mind any graduate will have except such graduate know that he only has limited options cus he's not probably sound or intelligent. cus there are lots of graduates who can't even teach primary school pupils....so give such anything...he or she will endure

but she read the terms and condition. if she can't cope with the job, she should have endure for that month and quit

is just like bargaining that we will fix sth at this actual price and I turned up to tell you it can't be like that again, that's breach of agreement
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by mechanics(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Just manage the work for now till you secure another work, keep enduring the woman for now.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Dechymmytv(f): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
some reverend sisters can be extremely jealous and wicked especially if you have a child, writing from experience, my mum drew my attention to this type of people. Look very well, this people she relates with more, do they have kids?

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Bbbwings: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
I would have fired her on the spot.
The reverend sister even tried
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Newboss(m): 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mehn, this savagery is next level. It's like out of Hollywood grin

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by jbhitler(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
Look, I served in a missionary school at Ilorin. Most the Rev.sisters are sadist. I suffered same thing. she wouldn't want me to mingle with other sisters. they are envious and jealous of each other.i was forced to even teach during prep at night.but thank God, I was my CDS coordinator.i had even threatened her to reject me so that I can get reposting to else where.she refused signing my monthly clearance form but never knew that I had enough already signed forms.she reported me to LI but LI gave me her letter to waste it.i made such I was a bone she couldn't swallow or vomit. leave that place. she is taking advantage of you because you are presenting your self as somebody that has no other options. leave,you are not a slave. those people have nothing in common with the teaching of the scriptures except their congregational mandate.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by deltateam: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
SaintLucia:
Hope you didn't write ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE in your CV?

grin
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ttmacoy: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
While I agree asking for a raise within a week is quite soon, we also know Nigerian employers take advantage of the lack of jobs and desperation to underpay people for jobs with huge work loads. I’ve heard of jobs paying crap and expecting people to work Monday to Saturday, no boundaries at all and since we have thousands of people ready to jump in and take the job out of desperation the people will continue to be abused and crapped on.

She had every right to turn down the request but to cut her pay is not only immoral, wicked and spiteful especially for a Christian, it should be illegal in a sane country but hey this is Nigeria we are talking about where we claim to be first class citizens.

Robisky001:
Asking for pay rise when you're barely a month old is highly disappointing of you. Like someone already stated above didn't you read through your offer letter and the job description? Well shall, desperation can make one do the unthinkable. Be it as it may, put in efforts and continue discharging your duties effectively and efficiently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by augustohezekiah(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
grin grin
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Kylekent59: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Colb461:
I don,t want to be a judge here bt truth be told that reverend sis no try sha..i wonder if she practice what she teach..

Just read this story and observe how the answer or situation of the REV sis would look like.

A reverend father lives beside a street. His compound is well fenced and his gate is very strong. The street that leads to his home is wide and spacious.

Every weekend youths would come out to play ball during the morning and on the course of playing football, sometimes the football goes into the rev father's home. The youths keep banging at his gate,he opens and warn them not to throw or let the ball go to his compound.

He threw the ball to them and in he went. Next week again it continues like that, the ball goes in to his compound, he warns them again, it continues like this until one day he refused to give them their ball as a result of warnings.

The youths start to insult him, calling him names, some say, " he is even a priest and he doesn't practise what he preach'', he hears this and came out to face them.

He says, " so because I am a priest I should allow you guys to talk to me anyhow, so because I am a priest I should always throw your ball to you anytime it enters my house, so because I am a priest i should challenge you guys?"

after that, the youths learn their lesson never to look down on a priest or take them as always forgiven, and also never to hope that because he is a priest, he should comply and be ready to always forgive them.

So MR, just because she is a rev sis doesn't mean she shouldn't be strict.

Business is business, religion is religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by OluwaWizzy(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Vikynas:
those sisters are heartless...o Devils on the pulpit

Calm down bro/sis!
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kushme: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
cheesy
Typical entitlement mentality of the average woman.. See the steady whinning in the west over gender pay gap. Even the stupid lazy ones want equal pay with little to no responsibility. Thieves..

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation
from experience with my older sisters who schooled in Reverend sisters run schools and my niece going to a school run my them and a neighbor working in a school run by them, I can tell you for free that these women are mean as fvck. I read somewhere lack of sex can make one irritable, unnecessarily upset at minor things and such... My take..... Find another job while you work there for now. Things won't change. They like to exploit people. Its better you work in a school run by Catholic Priests than one run by Nuns... Priests re more empathic. Even the harsh ones re never mean on a personal level.
Another thing.... You asked for a raise too early. You already agreed to the pay. You were clearly told the pay. The best you could have done is wait a few months and make that request.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kdon0000: 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
alezzy13:

Guy, lets stop being emotional over such things. Of course, I dont support sacking OP, but you need to consider the impression she has set.

You hire a staff today, and an week later he/she is already asking for a raise. Its enough to get her employer irritated. Personally, I will not sack, but will keep an eye on her.

lets be honest 45k might look small, but consider this is 50% greater than the min wage labour is fighting for, and like I said in a previous comment, I worked for mission, and I know they usually dont pay too well.

Am not saying she shouldn't put an eye on her. But she shouldn't treat her in a condescending manner. In most developed countries, there is no big deal in this o.
Who knows, this lady might grow up to become the best in the organization. Every one has made a mistake before and this is even a very slight one. D Impression she has created might not be good but is the reverend sister doing her own work for free. Is she faultless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by danot1030: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

Madam you sold yourself cheap the moment you beg and even wrote her and apology letter. Next time learn how to hold your value in high esteem and carry yourself so, once you have made demand on the increment to your pay stand on it no matter the intimidation.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Afiahomes(m): 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Emyogalanya: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
sylvez:
I need to hear from the Reverend sister first before I comment.
this my dear is the only reasonable post here. Forget the op, something keeps telling she has not told us the whole story
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by faithfull18(f): 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hmmn
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kdon0000: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
kdon0000:

Am not saying she shouldn't put an eye on her. But she shouldn't treat her in a condescending manner. In most developed countries, there is no big deal in this o.
Who knows, this lady might grow up to become the best in the organization. Every one has made a mistake before and this is even a very slight one. D Impression she has created might not be good but is the reverend sister doing her own work for free. Is she faultless. Hypocrisy and oppression at its peak

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by deltateam: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kylekent59:
If I was she, I would have fired you the next day. It shows you ain't interested in the job, but the money.

You should be grateful you saw a job of 42k, some persons don't even have a job, while others are praying to get any above 40k.

Be diligent in your work and focus.

Who isn't interested in pay? Will you work free of charge? Such poverty mentality and mediocrity I am seeing here is top notch.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by seunmsg(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
I would have fired you if I was I her shoes. You should be grateful that you still have the job.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kole88(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
I was teaching in a missionary too, the work was much, but i was patient, showed them my potentials, for two months, then i zoom off, they keep calling my phone then i told them point blank that they can not pay me, they should go for cheap labour. They keep begging, but me i dont bail out...

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by deltateam: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
BIXYBABE:
pls I need job........10k salary

Hmm. Seriously? What's your qualification?
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Octopusssy(f): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
the rev.sis would probably nod her head in acknowledgement of the greeting,and op might be taking it as she doesn't respond to greeting.
You're making assumptions. If the lady nodded her head the op would have pointed it out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.