Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) (38105 Views)

Soludo Joins Makinde To Flag Off 32.2km Circular Road Infrastructure In Ibadan / Governor Wike Imposes A 24-Hour Curfew In Parts Of Rumuokoro And Rumuodomaya / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Elipsis:
Are you serious? Even in developed countries, they celebrate the construction of meaningful projects.

We are not talking about digging boreholes or painting classrooms. We are talking about 3 flyovers located in very strategic areas of Port Harcourt, and you don't want people to celebrate it.

What exactly is your problem?
that guy get point sha, i dont think by this time we should be celebrating flyovers. How man go do na the situations we find ourselves

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Wizikal(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Cherrybae:

Amaechi built many flyover, good roads and world class drainage without making noise
You are here talking rubbish.

We in Rivers know wike cannot compete with Amaechis projects.

Nonsense
As a rivers man is it not a welcome innovation. Whether built by Ameachi or Wike, it is for Rivers state and Nigeria at large...
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2019
1shortblackboy:
That rumuokoro junction really needs a flyover

In all honesty it does not, when I was PH, passing there at night (2300 - 0200HRS) made me realise how spacious that junction is.

The traffic there is ALWAYS caused by traders and taxi drivers taking over 2 or more lanes in any direction from that roundabout.

Rumuokoro never needed a roundabout, this is just a facade for the governor to extort state funds for his private use via awarding contracts.

What Rumuokoro junction needs is strict traffic management and regulation of roadside trading. Even the governor knows this, but hey it's free money. Nobody says no to free money.

At the end it would be a fucking single lane flyover like the rubbish Odili built at CFC, and Rumuola

The silver lining hear is that the job is contracted to Julius Berger and they will do a quality job (single lane flyover, but still good quality), unlike the fraudulent contractors Rochas uses in IMO state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 10:48am On Oct 23, 2019
akinjojo1234:
So a flyover is what a governor should be flagging off in this day and age and people are celebrating it? undecided

I weak for this country sha undecided

It's a black man thing. Check my post above and you will see that the flyover is not even necessary.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Wizikal(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2019
alphaNomega:

In all honesty it does not, when I was PH, passing there at night (2300 - 0200HRS) made me realise how spacious that junction is.

The traffic there is ALWAYS caused by traders and taxi drivers taking over 2 or more lanes in any direction from that roundabout.

Rumuokoro never needed a roundabout, this is just a facade for the governor to extort state funds for his private use.

What Rumuokoro junction needs is strict traffic management and regulation of roadside trading. Even the governor knows this, but hey it's free money. Nobody says no to free money.

At the end it would be a fucking single lane flyover like the rubbish Odili built at CFC, and Rumuola
you are definitely not from that area
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by 1shortblackboy: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2019
alphaNomega:

Rumuokoro never needed a roundabout, this is just a facade for the governor to extort state funds for his private use.

I still think it does
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by joey150(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Cherrybae:

Amaechi built many flyover, good roads and world class drainage without making noise

Nonsense

I sometimes shiver at the stupidity that some of you generously and opulently exhibit.

Did Amaechi build roads with his money?

Is Wike building roads with his money?

What is this absurd mentality of comparing present and past leaders who should rightfully work for the people?

You think this is some sports where you get to pick teams and mock your opponents?

Daily, governors siphon billions meant for those that elect them. And the docile electorates are taking the sides of their master's and arguing over who they were the biggest slaves to.

What a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by imiski(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2019
Cherrybae:

Nonsense
especially the monorail smh
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by jamesversion: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2019
ibietela2:
But there's no MONEY for Trans Kalabari Road

Trans Kalabari road isn't the most necessary right now. Moreover, Trans Kalabari road is plied by Kalabari people returning home to festivities in Kalabariland whereas this road will serve interstate commuters drawn from almost allover the country.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by knowhowk: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2019
Wike himself ,Mr Project ,The Flyover will ease Traffic .More of this in different States expected .
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Progress62(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2019
long overdue
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Abiodunstephen:
best news ever come from river state.
long over due.

amp01:

If you leave in Port Harcourt,you will know, it's a very good development.

Rumuokoro does not need a flyover. It needs

1. Strict traffic enforcement i.e. stop commercial vehicles from stopping, parking and picking passengers in that area.

2. Anti street trading enforcement. Those traders that place their tables to occupy one full lane should be moved into the markets.

The roundabout is big enough to take any volume of traffic you throw at it! Even if you construct a flyover, as long as the two points stated above remains, rumuokoro traffic will remain a nightmare to Port Harcourt drivers.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by samples129: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Watch the moment Enugu state Governor Ifeanyi Uwguanyi had a heated argument with his wife in the government house,over constructing tippy taps for school children. log on to FB to watch http://startup-conference.com/58034//gFXTh/?sc=1&sc=1&l=1&ppy=5659815&i=5659815

Englov:
Heavy preparations is ongoing as Governor of Rivers State His Excellence Nyenso Ezebunwa Wike is about to flag off the flyover at Rumuokoro Roundabout.

This project is to be handled by a well known contractor Julius Berger. This project is meant to ease off the long traffic experienced by motorists in the area.

I will update you guys with the latest as the program unfolds...

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2019
Wizikal:
you are definitely not from that area

But I stayed there long enough to understand the dynamics of rumuokoro traffic.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by erimmy(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2019
post=83387979:

So good to be reading some positive and good news coming out from Rivers state in recent times.
That part of town really needs a flyover.
Good governance is all we want all over our nation.
God bless Rivers state.
God bless Nigeria Hypocrisy is the hallmark of the zone-bs.So I'm not surprised.

Thanks OP.
We will be waiting for more positive updates.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Chicastle: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2019
overall90:
And they have to close the road. shocked
i can imgine what people will go through around that axis today.
no, in port Harcourt, even ordinary traditional marriage, they hold at the middle of the Roads. no land ni

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Julufixed365580: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2019
W

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Wizikal(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2019
joey150:

I sometimes shiver at the stupidity that some of you generously and opulently exhibit.

What is this absurd mentality of comparing present and past leaders who should rightfully work for the people?

You think this is some sports where you get to pick teams and mock your opponents?

Daily, governors siphon billions meant for those that elect them. And the docile electorates are taking the sides of their master's and arguing over who they were the biggest slaves to.

What a shame!
i wonder what you think the people and traders in rumokoro really need right now in respect of the congested major road. Our government makes it look like putting all things in place in the country is within their caprice and we can do little or less about it. Nigeria is not a developed country. It is still the celebration of fly over era in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 10:59am On Oct 23, 2019
joey150:

What a shame!

There is a reason our educational system is messed up and it is to ensure a steady supply of idíots who do not know their left from right. Ignore the bassstard.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Ayofe61: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2019
post=83387979:

So good to be reading some positive and good news coming out from Rivers state in recent times.
That part of town really needs a flyover.
Good governance is all we want all over our nation.
God bless Rivers state.
God bless Nigeria

Thanks OP.
We will be waiting for more positive updates.....
Thanks
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by alphaNomega: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Wizikal:
i wonder what you think the people and traders in rumokoro really need right now in respect of the congested major road. Our government makes it look like putting all things in place in the country is within their caprice and we can do little or less about it. Nigeria is not a developed country. It is still the celebration of fly over era in Nigeria.

What if I told you the traders at rumuokoro WANT the area to be always congested? They believe they make more sales when people are stuck in traffic than driving away to their destinations.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by subcbouy: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2019
Olukat:

Calm down this is not Nollywood!
huh Tinubu 2023 cannot calm down

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by HarryDuce(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2019
alphaNomega:

1. Strict traffic enforcement i.e. stop commercial vehicles from stopping, parking and picking passengers in that area.

2. Anti street trading enforcement. Those traders that place their tables to occupy one full lane should be moved into the markets.

The roundabout is big enough to take any volume of traffic you throw at it! Even if you construct a flyover, as long as the two points stated above remains, rumuokoro traffic will remain a nightmare to Port Harcourt drivers.
Rumuokoro does not need a flyover? This is strange thinking indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2019
one1prax:
abeg let them commence work immediately, if it will ease traffic jam in that place

Promo, get your own website or blog for 13k, see red writing below(my signature) for contact

Work has been ongoing.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2019
alphaNomega:

Rumuokoro needs flyover. The only flyover Wike is building that I find strange and unnecessary is Garrison. There is a rail flyover at Oroworukwo less than 300 meters on one side and another flyover at CFC less than 800 meters on the other side and finally it is a T-junction. The solution to the traffic is simply closing the roundabout as done by Amaechi in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Ayofe61:
Thanks
You are welcome

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by portplus: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2019
Phyqee10:
Imagin flyou over for rumuokoro when nkpolu don turn river..smh

My brother...
Our leaders ehn?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Femeto: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2019
Same area the kidnapper was operating.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Cherrybae(f): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2019
Kennyfancy:
shut up, what is we, talk about urself, Every sensible Rivers know that Wike is the Best

I forgot you told your mother shut up last night.
Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by Perewenkle1: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2019
If you have been to Rivers State and drive or have entered a public transport to these three locations, you will appreciate the need for the flyover, I said this to some friends some years ago, the only means to ease traffic congestion in heavily travelled roundabout is a flyover.
Way to go governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike About To Flag Off Rumuokoro Flyover In Rivers State(pictures) by portplus: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2019
Abagworo:

Rumuokoro needs flyover. The only flyover Wike is building that I find strange and unnecessary is Garrison. There is a rail flyover at Oroworukwo less than 300 meters on one side and another flyover at CFC less than 800 meters on the other side and finally it is a T-junction. The solution to the traffic is simply closing the roundabout as done by Amaechi in the past.

I agree with you.

I think it is only an Artillery that is in urgent need of a flyover.

Traffic gridlock has reduced at Rumuokoro since the completions of SARS Road/New Airport Road/Obiri Kwere....networks coupled with the recent enforcement of the anti-street trading rule.

The Garrison Flyover sincerely is a waste of resources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Blocks Nigerian Man Who Called IPOB "Terror Group" (Photos) / Meet Otobong Ndem Who Finished HND Before Secondary School / Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.