Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? (1962 Views)

The Politics Of The Border Closure / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
holycup:

Good stone free Nigeria made rice
1.olam’s brand
2.coscharis
3.mama gold
Etc...nothing different with the so called foreign rice

They are birds of the same feather..
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Area4Area:
It is people like you that would prefer imported air if given the chance.
When was the last time you visited a local market where rice is being sold?
You are shouting scarce when the local rice is everywhere

Say the truth now, if you want to see the problematic in local rice, try to prepare it for jollof and fried rice sincerely you go blame urself
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Say the truth now, if you want to see the problematic in local rice, try to prepare it for jollof and fried rice sincerely you go blame urself
I can't advice anyone to cook jollof or fried rice using our native rice. It can't go well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by deji68: 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
grin grin they want to kill other Businesses so that we can grow rice... it like Germany closing it border with Poland to stop cigaret smuggling , in the name if protecting it Tobacco industry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
habsydiamond:
I can't advice anyone to cook jollof or fried rice using our native rice. It can't go well

Hahahaha egbon yi sha
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 12:37am On Oct 25, 2019
habsydiamond:

Bravo... Well said
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by grandstar(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
Make we hear word abeg, go to any rice seller in any open market in the country and request for stone free local rice that has been milled and they'd give it to you. You don't even need to ask in some cases because the sellers would ask you what type you want.
The stone filled ones are cheaper and are mostly bought by those who have bukas, those who carry their cooked meals on wheelbarrow and of course those who can go through the rigours of the destoning and not everyone is that good at that nor have the patience.
So stop sounding as if there are no stone free local rice in the market, your pocket determines what you want.

I very much doubt bukas will sell stone rice. That'll be financial suicide as it will chase customeras away.

From experience, it is very poor and with very poor education that buy stone rice.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Area4Area: 5:05am On Oct 25, 2019
grandstar:

I very much doubt bukas will sell stone rice. That'll be financial suicide as it will chase customeras away.

From experience, it is very poor and with very poor education that buy stone rice.

What I meant was that bukas and canteen owners prefer the cheaper stone filled local rice that is unmillied and they have mastered how to remove every stone before cooking, they make more gain from it unlike you and I that can't stand the wahala of trying to wash off the stones from the unmilled rice.
This has been happening even before the border closure
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by grandstar(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
What I meant was that bukas and canteen owners prefer the cheaper stone filled local rice that is unmillied and they have mastered how to remove every stone before cooking, they make more gain from it unlike you and I that can't stand the wahala of trying to wash off the stones from the unmilled rice.
This has been happening even before the border closure

I very much doubt it. The only bukas that will try such is in an area that is crushingly poor and that's what they can afford.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
kunleweb:

Hahahaha egbon yi sha
please shey na lie ni. Even the smell can put someone off atimes

(1) (2) (Reply)

As The Supreme Court Reviews Its Decision On Imo Election -Chidi Anselm Odinkalu / CBN Announces N1.1tn Intervention Fund / The unholy Land Of Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.