Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? (1966 Views)

The Politics Of The Border Closure / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2019
In this country, there is nothing like adequate preparation before implementing or imposing anything on the citizens. In advance countries, before the government would take anything action that will affect their citizens, they would have been planning for months if not years. The government of this country do not care about the citizens at all. cos if they do, they would have made provisions. The reason why they are not concern is because they are not affected. Rice is now like gold in the market and other food stuffs. Everyone is using this avenue to extort people of the money thats not even even forthcoming. You close border without providing alternatives. God elp us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2019
We Have Gain STONE NIGERIA MADE RICE
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by jieta: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2019
AgentNairaland:
We Have Gain STONE NIGERIA MADE RICE
There are good stone free Nigeria rice in the market go buy those ones let start from there first.

If you think nigeria is lacking in the area of providing rice for his millions of his citizens please capitalise on his Inadequacies by going into farming and become one of the latest billion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by ATTemi: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2019
This should be a blessing to local manufacturers but the more we understand this as witch hunting, the better.

The area with highest designated tollgate, and the only serving airport closed till April 2020.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 10:57am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:
There are good stone free Nigeria rice in the market go buy those ones let start from there first.

If you think nigeria is lacking in the area of providing rice for his millions of his citizens please capitalise on his Inadequacies by going into farming and become one of the latest billion

Not to the detriment of surrounding nations. If our neighbors benefit from just one commodity sales, rice in this instance its not bad for one that is quick to shout big brother. To keep the dogs out at times, one should throw the bone outside and not eat the meat alongside the bones.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:

Oga tell us where to get stone free Nigeria made rice and price
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2019
Mynd44 OAM4J

We need more inputs this is a topic that will garner massive traffic to the site. Front page please
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by jieta: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2019
AgentNairaland:

I'm not familiar with those companies that bag our local rice. if you check nairaland here you will see different company that bag our local rice and i think somebody has open a thread for this. I'm into farming, my mum and brother do farm rice even last year i farm rice but the price was not encourage that is why i did not this year.

We should strive to be alone we can't depend on imported goods all the time. If we can achieve self sustenance in agriculture then we move towards technology step by step we are moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 11:30am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:
I'm not familiar with those companies that bag our local rice. if you check nairaland here you will see different company that bag our local rice and i think somebody has open a thread for this. I'm into farming, my mum and brother do farm rice even last year i farm rice but the price was not encourage that is why i did not this year.

We should strive to be alone we can't depend on imported goods all the time. If we can achieve self sustenance in agriculture then we move towards technology step by step we are moving forward.

You need to see the horrible rice I was served at an occasion last weekend.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by jieta: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2019
kunleweb:

You need to see the horrible rice I was served at an occasion last weekend.
Is not everybody that is good in cooking. before you criticize me again please go read or watch how this imported rice are been preserved before been imported to Nigeria and how there affect our health.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by yaki84: 11:40am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:

Na so dem dey go into farming abi?
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by yaki84: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:
Is not everybody that is good in cooking. before you criticize me again please go read or watch how this imported rice are been preserved before been imported to Nigeria and how there affect our health.
Pls what is rice sickness call?
I mean ailment gotten from eating foreign rice...
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:

I k ow all the processes. Stop making excuses. Leaving the borders open benefits surrounding nations. Nigerian can't produce enough rice for 150 million persons at the moment. No need to get emotional about the discuss
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by wallex1983(m): 11:46am On Oct 23, 2019
Local rice surfaced overnight.

We now know that there had been Nigerian rice all along that couldn't improve due to low no patronage.

We now realise that if given the chance to survive, we can make our own.

We now know that Nigeria got potentials.

Above all, we now know why Senegalese rice was quoted to be better.

1 Like

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:

Very scare let's say the fact.. And even Demand is more than suppy..

If we should strive to be alone as u said, then we should stop importing cars too..
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
jieta:

were you empowered by the government on rice farming. I don't think so. We are talking of growing rice in large quantities.. but our government did not make preparations for this at all they just close the borders. Agriculture has been the major source of income before the discovery of crude oil... When our government noticed that there is more money in crude oil than agriculture, they jettisoned agriculture. Now we citizens are being affected by their mistakes. This is not fair at all

1 Like

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by jieta: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
habsydiamond:
were you empowered by the government on rice farming. I don't think so. We are talking of growing rice in large quantities.. but our government did not make preparations for this at all they just close the borders. Agriculture has been the major source of income before the discovery of crude oil... When our government noticed that there is more money in crude oil than agriculture, they jettisoned agriculture. Now we citizens are being affected by there mistakes. This is not fair at all
Must we wait for the government to spoon feed us first, there have already given us the go ahead by closing the border. The empowering will come later.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by respect80(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Abeg I go comment 2moro. Sleep dey worry me
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by AgentNairaland(f): 3:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Charmingrascal:

Did you buy the one of 150 Naira per mudu?

Den dey sell that one in Daura International market
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Rootprof(m): 3:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Most problem in Nigeria are created to make some people rich or richer,from security to food supplies e.t.c Let start thinking out of the box.

1 Like

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Area4Area: 5:07am On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

I k ow all the processes. Stop making excuses. Leaving the borders open benefits surrounding nations. Nigerian can't produce enough rice for 150 million persons at the moment. No need to get emotional about the discuss
Make we hear word abeg, go to any rice seller in any open market in the country and request for stone free local rice that has been milled and they'd give it to you. You don't even need to ask in some cases because the sellers would ask you what type you want.
The stone filled ones are cheaper and are mostly bought by those who have bukas, those who carry their cooked meals on wheelbarrow and of course those who can go through the rigours of the destoning and not everyone is that good at that nor have the patience.
So stop sounding as if there are no stone free local rice in the market, your pocket determines what you want.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Area4Area: 5:11am On Oct 24, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Very scare let's say the fact.. And even Demand is more than suppy..

If we should strive to be alone as u said, then we should stop importing cars too..
It is people like you that would prefer imported air if given the chance.
When was the last time you visited a local market where rice is being sold?
You are shouting scarce when the local rice is everywhere
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by kunleweb: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Area4Area:
Make we hear word abeg, go to any rice seller in any open market in the country and request for stone free local rice that has been milled and they'd give it to you. You don't even need to ask in some cases because the sellers would ask you what type you want.
The stone filled ones are cheaper and are mostly bought by those who have bukas, those who carry their cooked meals on wheelbarrow and of course those who can go through the rigours of the destoning and not everyone is that good at that nor have the patience.
So stop sounding as if there are no stone free local rice in the market, your pocket determines what you want.

Smh. Uncultured species I'll let you be
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Otuegbe: 7:33am On Oct 24, 2019
the Stone free local rice like Royal chariot is almost the same price with smuggled foreign rice. #22000 . the ones you can get for #18000 and above, looks very dirty with stones. most of the rice from North are not well processed, Three brothers, umze, tomatoes, and ebony rice. I don't know of coscharis rice, because is not yet available in Lagos in commercial quantity.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by wakaman: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2019
Step towards self sustainance.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by wakaman: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2019
habsydiamond:
were you empowered by the government on rice farming. I don't think so. We are talking of growing rice in large quantities.. but our government did not make preparations for this at all they just close the borders. Agriculture has been the major source of income before the discovery of crude oil... When our government noticed that there is more money in crude oil than agriculture, they jettisoned agriculture. Now we citizens are being affected by there mistakes. This is not fair at all

The issue is
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by Andhominem: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2019
We are no more subsidizing PMS consumed in other African countries.

Let the borders remain shut indefinitely. Then we can offer to annex neighboring African countries that can't survive... grin

1 Like

Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2019
jieta:
Must we wait for the government to spoon feed us first, there have already given us the go ahead by closing the border. The empowering will come later.

is not about spoon feeding, it's called preparing ahead. If the government has empowered some farmers with the required equipment to produce rice that will be of same quality as the foreign and other products, nobody would complain about the closure of the border now.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by habsydiamond(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2019
jieta:

it's not that people don't want to go into farming. There are a lot to farming which you know. Without a land, and capital and grains to plant, how can growing of rice be possible Majority of Nigerian youth are either unemployed or underemployed. If the government can empower them at least it will benefit the country and the individuals involved.
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by orisa37: 11:08am On Oct 24, 2019
THE NASS IS A THIRD TIER OF NIGERIA GOVERNMENT FAILURE.!!!
Re: What Have We Gained From The Border Closure??? by holycup(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Good stone free Nigeria made rice
1.olam’s brand
2.coscharis
3.mama gold
Etc...nothing different with the so called foreign rice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ilu Abo Owo Road Explosion In Pictures!!!! / "Don't Hurt Our Daddy" Rochas Foundation Students Protest In Imo State / Watch Livestreaming Of Nnamdi Kanu Trial Federal High Court Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.