Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In (22099 Views)

World's Most Powerful Passport: Singapore Overtakes Japan, Nigeria ranks 90th / Shocking: 'nigeria Is 5th Most Dangerous Country In World'-world Economic Forum / NIGERIA, The Second Most Dangerous Country To Visit In The World. See List: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by nextstep(m): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
nextstep:
The US lost 39,773 people to gun-related injuries in 2017; and slightly more in 2018; does not include deaths due to accidents or medical causes (sources cited). That's about 764 deaths per week... I don't think Nigeria loses up to 764 people per week to violence...

Beautyaddy:

How do you know that?

What data does Nigerian have that can prove that?

That's why I said "I don't think." I do not know for a fact, but I'm looking for somebody to refute this guess. If one was to take Lagos (our most populated urban area) as an example, I would guess 50 or so people/week, based on what I hear on news, random bodies we find, missing people reported, etc. Extrapolate to the country, and I personally don't see it reaching 700.
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Temptee101(m): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
shocked

They must be mad

Nigeria has been No 1 since 2015
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Litmus: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
Beautyaddy:

How do you know that?

What data does Nigerian have that can prove that?

If there’s no data you can’t conclude much about Nigeria one way or the other and therefore Nigeria oughtn’t be included in any such statistical lists. The plausibility of any figures derived from educated guess is only finally relative
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
bidex:

No, dont blame the government alone, [s]people like you and I are culpable to all these you mentioned because if you yourself get there, you will want to satisfy yourself first before others and human' individual wants is unending[/s].

I am not an elected Nigerian politician yet so don't assume what I will do when I'm not even there yet which is not only a fallacy but a false conclusion without a premise to back it up because that will be an assertion based on falsehood.

Judge people on what they did and not on what you think they will do.

Secondly, I'm in a foriegn land and the country leadership treats everyone equally with no preferential treatment nor will there natural born Citizens be treated unfairly just to please me that is is a naturalized citizen.

Leadership starts from the top and once the head is rotten then the body will be the same.

There are people working for the general good of the people they serve and such people don't dwell in heaven, they are also humans right here on earth

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by iyerim: 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Not when people in your country still kill each other for human organs. Bloody hypocrite

You are the hypocrite. Talk about your country, South Africa that is No 2 in the ranking.

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Okuda(m): 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Awol1:
As bad as things are for us in this country, I beg to disagree with this ranking from the pit of hell.

Things ain't that bad...

because you never travel out before
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Charly68: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Baba Buhari has heard them..he will act accordingly
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by yeddy99: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Knew it was nonsense when I did not see Mexico on the list.

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by bejeria101(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
The Affidavit last cowbender doesn't give a hoot!
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by me69: 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
So Turkey is more dangerous than Mexico, Jamaica, Afghanistan, Iraq

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Franking: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
As much as I hate Nigeria I do not agree with the ranking. Nigeria is only unsafe to whites because of their seeming kidnap value. Nigeria is unsafe for the affluent, those living in penury don't care after.
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by iyerim: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
Most of those saying negative things about Nigeria here, are South Africans. They have infiltrated this thread with various monikers but we still see them.

SOUTH AFRICANS WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH NIGERIANS?

You hates our guts but still sneak around us, snooping and monitoring us, why? Jumping around on every thread spewing rubbish.

Since you so agree with this report, please focus on your country that is No2, which translates to the fact that SA is the most dangerous country in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Bigboss111(m): 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Dangerous in what sense? I thought I would see 1. Afghanistan 2. Syria 3. Nigeria.......
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Jaqenhghar: 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
nextstep:

Well, you both have good points. The US lost 39,773 people to gun-related injuries in 2017; and slightly more in 2018; does not include deaths due to accidents or medical causes. That's about 764 deaths per week, according to

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html
and
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/
among many.

I don't think Nigeria loses up to 764 people per week to violence. USA is more dangerous, and pointedly more dangerous for black folk. If a survey doesn't include the USA ... I call it flawed. Please provide data to refute my point of view.
I dont have to provide shít. Lets evne say its true and the murder rate is higher. My questiin is wetin concern you? You dont live there and last time I checked some action is taken even if its not yielding the result we would like to see. The protests and outcry alone is the reason you even heard of the cases. Because the system works you who is in far away Africa can lay your hands on the statistics to sound intelligent here. My question is in your shithole. Where is the outcry? Where are the statistics? What is being done to show that people even care?
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by stevups(m): 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
The one I googled puts Nigeria in number 16
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by webngnews: 7:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hmmm
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by chrischina(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
byrron:

I am not an elected Nigerian politician yet so don't assume what I will do when I'm not even there yet which is not only a fallacy but a false conclusion without a premise to back it up because that will be an assertion based on falsehood.

Judge people on what they did and not on what you think they will do.

Secondly, I'm in a foriegn land and the country leadership treats everyone equally with no preferential treatment nor will there natural born Citizens be treated unfairly just to please me that is is a naturalized citizen.

Leadership starts from the top and once the head is rotten then the body will be the same.

There are people working for the general good of the people they serve and such people don't dwell in heaven, they are also humans right here on earth

Nigeria to me is more than the worst place to live, just don't know how to explain it, anything can happen to you you at anytime,
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by 360command: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
sonnie10:

Nigeria civil war with over 3milliom death, there was no single shot in the North and West. In fact universities in those places were still open and able bodied men who were supposed to be constricted were all in school.
Hope that too was not war enough according to your standard because it didn’t happen in the regions
it became a civil war when it involved various tribes...
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by WaleRock: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
Dechymmytv:
Most dangerous places to live in 2019:

1.�� Brazil
2.�� South Africa
3.�� Nigeria
4.�� Argentina
5.�� India
6.�� Peru
7.�� Kenya
8.�� Ukraine
9.�� Turkey
10.�� Colombia

(InterNations)

Source: https://twitter.com/theworldindex/status/1186884920792236034?s=19

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/09/05/20-most-dangerous-places-to-live-2019/amp/

Fellow Nigerians, I would like you to know that a lot more is happening in this country than is been reported on mainstream media. And it is mostly deliberate - "he who pays the piper dictates the tune."

However, powerful foreign government cannot be fooled by the contents of our often revised, false or insufficient news. The have huge economic interest in this country so it's only normal that they'd be sure to monitor every development in the entire country in real time without us knowing it.

They have super cameras and sensors and all that can see everything from the sky and all. This explains why what they report concerning us is usually more accurate and credible than what our own media outlets report.

We are all Buhari.
We are all Atiku.
We are all you.
We are all me.
We are all Nigerians.

Be the change you want to see!

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Ahmadu74(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
I do not know the criteria used for the rankings but there's no place like Nigeria. No country is completely holy or completely bad. Despite our shortcomings as a nation, Nigeria is a place to be. I love my country Nigeria, God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Edusouls(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Were is Mexico, America, without them on the top list I tell you this list is total fraud and a disgrace today any firm that compiled this nonsense, the hatred for blacks is an incurable deadly disease affecting whites..

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Insectkiller: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mtcheeww.. before nko

Are we not dangerous

Abegiii..
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by Insectkiller: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pls where is Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestinia, etc

Kindly dissociate urself from dis ranking..
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by SuperS1Panther: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
Where is Mexico and US?

All these useless reports and their agenda.

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by SuperS1Panther: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
TUANKU:
More people get KILLED in Nigeria than Afghanistan, Somalia, Pakistan and Yemen combined but first to comment youths are already here saying it's rubbish.
Sometimes use your data to do small research on Google.

Based on your point is US not meant to be on the list?
Definitely Mexico!!

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by hopexter(m): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
So Syria is no longer Dangerous? shocked

1 Like

Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by themanderon: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Northern Nigeria always ensures that that Nigeria is always appearing in all these rankings for the wrong reasons.
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by sayisayi(m): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Chai...I don waka in all 3 countries in 2018. To God the Glory.

Nearly got into one chance taxi in Karu...
Avoided malucos in Salvador. Stayed in the hotel in Joburg, my heart never reach time to waka
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
TUANKU:
More people get KILLED in Nigeria than Afghanistan, Somalia, Pakistan and Yemen combined but first to comment youths are already here saying it's rubbish.
Sometimes use your data to do small research on Google.
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

You never want to be realistic ..

Are you aware more people are killed in Violence in Nigeria today than Somalia Afghanistan and Pakistan combined

Are you aware Nigeria has more people living in abject poverty today than all 3 countries you mentioned combined .

Are you aware more people a kidnapped daily in Nigeria than anywhere else on Earth today .

Are you aware that Nigeria has more children out of school than all 3 countries combined

Are you aware all 3 countries you ignorantly mentioned have more electricity supply per day than Nigeria ?

I believe since you were born your street has remained untarred and you have never withnessed pipeborne water supply from a water utility company , you have zero access to health care because you cannot afford it so you self medicate to survive and yet you still choose to live in denial ... Well done
Re: InterNations Ranks Nigeria As 3rd Most Dangerous Country To Live In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

When you are aware in the last four years alone over 25 thousand Nigerian have been killed in Violence then you will shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Crashes And Burns In Aba, Properties Destroyed. PICS / Anambra International Airport To Commence Flight Operations October 21st: PICS / Criminals Can Hack Your Atm Details With Boarding Pass Bar Code -dcp Tunji Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.