Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,618 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

Vehicle Inspectors To Adhere Strictly To Standard For Safety Of Life On Highway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vehicle Inspectors To Adhere Strictly To Standard For Safety Of Life On Highway (241 Views)

Passengers Scamper For Safety As Fire Break Out At Lagos Airport / Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Inspectors To Adhere Strictly To Standard For Safety Of Life On Highway by joshuaakindele7(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has called on Vehicle Inspection Officers not to compromise standard in the discharge of their duties particularly in the current 'ember' months.

The governor made the call while playing host to a delegation of Directors/Chief Vehicle Inspection Officers from the Southwest zone of the country in his office in Akure, the state capital.

The governor who was represented by his deputy, Hon. Agboola Ajayi, while describing the role of the officers as such that has to do with safety of citizens' lives, said his administration has put measures in place to ensure safety of road users in the state.

According to him, the recent establishment of the computerised vehicles inspection center in the state would go a long way in curbing accidents on the roads, giving the condition of the vehicles as one of the major factors leading to accidents.

He stressed the need for synergy between the V.I.O and the Federal Road Safety Corps in the discharge of their duty as they have a common goal which is to safe lives of road users, saying their roles are complementary.

Also in his remarks at the event, Special Adviser to the governor on Transport, Mr. Tobi Ogunleye, while analysing the procedure for issuance of drivers license, said ninety per cent of the task are done by the V.I.O. while the FRSC takes the credit and shunck the revenue that accrued from the exercise.

According to him, in addition to ensuring safety on the roads, the office of the V.I.O had helped in increasing revenue base of the state with the raise from about three hundred and fifty as at the begining of this administration to about 1.7m per week currently.

Earlier in his address, the leader of the delegation who is the Lagos State Director of Vehicle Inspection Services, Engr. Adebayo Olusoji charged the Southwest governors on the need for deployment of technology for VIO officers for effective maning of the roads.

While describing bad roads as a major cause of road accidents across the federation, Adebayo lauded the state government on its drive on road construction in the state.

He also appreciated the establishment of the computerised vehicle inspection centre in the state, calling other Southwest state to emulate the gesture.

Re: Vehicle Inspectors To Adhere Strictly To Standard For Safety Of Life On Highway by mutumina007: 11:07am On Oct 23, 2019
Fantastic orientation from Governor Rotimi Akeredolu

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Govt. Commences Rehabilitation Of Failing Roads In Ondo. / Please I Need You Guide On How To Travel / I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.