Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Abominable Son-in-law - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Abominable Son-in-law (753 Views)

The Dispised Son In Law Strikes Back By Charlie Wade / My Super Son In Law - Feather's Stories / (the Amazing Son-in-law) The Charismatic Charlie Wade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Abominable Son-in-law by Sezioha(m): 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello Cynthia,

The past few months have been hell-on-earth for me, I just hope you are faring better than I am. I'm sad, really sad; I think I might be getting depressed, but I don't want to dwell on that, as that might actually bring the dreaded demon to my doorstep.

I think I should start by apologising for everything that happened, and how our beautiful four-year relationship went up in flames. So, I'm so sorry for everything—for letting you down, for not being strong enough to stand my ground, for... letting you go. Most especially, I am sorry for breaking my promise to you. You do remember my promise, right? The one I made to you that night we had a picnic under the stars; it was on that glorious night that you finally said yes to me and became my girlfriend, my woman, my rock. It was also on that night that we made love for the first time; I remember vividly the way we clumsily kissed and undid our clothes, all the while gasping for breath as we drank ourselves in. Do you remember how I'd laboriously climbed atop you? and the subsequent plea in your eyes that I take it slowly? I'd let out a low chuckle, after which I reminded you that it was also my first time.

Gosh, reliving each moment spent with you is a world of torment best described by Dante. You were the pillar that held my life; despite the fact that everyone was against our union, including both our parents, you were proud to call me your own, as was I. Do you still remember that day your course mate had made a snide comment about our relationship, calling us 'misfits'? Your reply to her will always resonate in my mind forever.

You had replied her, "We may be two 'misfits', but we are fit for each other." The resounding applause that followed your reply had made the girl feel so embarrassed that I felt a little pity for her.

I must confess that your sudden travel was a shock to me, because you never told me about travelling to Denmark. A part of me still doesn't believe that you would willingly forgo everything we've built together and run away. Despite the fact that your parents maintain that you left because you'd realised what a fool's errand it was for us to get married. I know that I am the abominable son-in-law to yo parents because of my predicament, but if it's any consolation, you were the abominable daughter-in-law to mine too. You need to have seen their faces on the day I told them that I'd proposed to you.

Read more ➡️
https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/10/22/the-abominable-son-in-law/

(1) (Reply)

My Love, My Billioniare || Romance Story / For Kids And Adults / My Thoughts; My Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.