Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,489 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? (22536 Views)

Learn Web Dev/ Programming From A Well Known Source And Get A Certified Degree. / Learn Programming From Scratch With These Wonderful Apps / Learn Java Programming From The Begining. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Arizona5(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2019
What of iPhone user ?
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by olioxx(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
what's the use of programming, am curious
Programming is used for writing/making applications(mobile & Desktop), website, etc.
You write/make these apps or website using a programming language.
To take it further, programming is about giving the computer instruction and let the computer perform the instruction.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Glistinin(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2019
Sirnuel:

oh really?? what exactly have you built with these languages you learnt perfectly??
This is the best question from this thread.
Learning programming languages is no more the elixir of programming. I have learnt up to ten programming languages, I have not done much with them.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:
Brother... We are in the same boat.. am learning programming with my Android phone. I have lent up to 4 languages and perfect in those languages. No one touch me any language at all. All I do is to research around look for PDF Tutorials and learn with some apps that I use to write my codes.
All recommend you to your play and download 'w3schools offline' that was the first app I use to learn programming with phone.. and after that just research around get PDF Tutorials this method will help you allot. Don't worry about pc for now the only time you should worry about pc is when you want code a very complex project like application or softwares..

Bless you... This is exactly what I'm on to now.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by kokomaster3d: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2019
Just download Sololearn app you are good to go
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Suremikky(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2019
Olalekank:

You know four languages?!
What are the languages?

Ah!!..four languages only you..is your goal knowing all the programming languages?
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by kingjosephat(m): 9:32am On Nov 01, 2019
Please can I advance my knowledge of graphics design on my Android phone.
I will appreciate if I can get the names of some offline app that will put me through.
Thanks
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 01, 2019
From my own understanding, i think you can, although i havn't tried it, i'm still struggling to save up for an android phone.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by FREELANCERSAMM: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2019
etoluw:

for html, css & js all u need is a good browser(chrome or firefox) and a text editor(i use 920text editor)

for php and mysql use palapa webserver.
Or icode go server also works
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by vezycash(m): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2019
Hope you know that you can get an ok laptop with just 25k? If you don't have it, no biggie. But when you do, just check jiji - sort by price. And buy from people who own shops cos individuals are far less reliable.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by uuzba(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2019
Idonweak:
I don't have a laptop, and i don't have money to get one for now. So i want to know if i can learn using my andriod phone. Thanks

No you can't learn.
Infact don't try it.
If you try, I will come and beat you.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by uuzba(m): 9:56am On Nov 01, 2019
Akamariner:
From my own understanding, i think you can, although i havn't tried it, i'm still struggling to save up for an android phone.
No don't try it.
If you buy your android phone and try to learn programming with it, I will personally come and beat you.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Smartfonesales: 9:57am On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:
Brother... We are in the same boat.. am learning programming with my Android phone. I have lent up to 4 languages and perfect in those languages. No one touch me any language at all. All I do is to research around look for PDF Tutorials and learn with some apps that I use to write my codes.
All recommend you to your play and download 'w3schools offline' that was the first app I use to learn programming with phone.. and after that just research around get PDF Tutorials this method will help you allot. Don't worry about pc for now the only time you should worry about pc is when you want code a very complex project like application or softwares..

In same boat bro...cn u send an image of d actual w3schools offline u downloaded.... Any other form of help will b appreciated
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by uuzba(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Arizona5:
What of iPhone user ?
iPhone users have only one option
Gimme the iPhone
Then go and learn programming in another place.
Believe me. That is the best option you have
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2019
uuzba:

No don't try it.
If you buy your android phone and try to learn programming with it, I will personally come and beat you.
lol. thank you, but i can't go beyond my capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Olalekank(m): 10:34am On Nov 01, 2019
Suremikky:

Ah!!..four languages only you..is your goal knowing all the programming languages?
I think you quoted the wrong person
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by kennbox(m): 10:45am On Nov 01, 2019
Yes, you can learn the rudiments of programming on an android device.
You may need these:
1. A terminal emulator (termux is great for android).
2. A programming language compiler (like gcc/g++) or for others like (python or php runtime environments).
3. A good book on introduction to programming, maybe with python or with c. (A hard copy book is strongly advised, to free up the phone for the coding).
4. If you can get hold of an external Bluetooth keyboard, you would really enjoy the whole experience.
5. Then, invest a little time playing around with all of these. Don't just hide or give up when faced with a challenge

Best of luck, you would enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by ThePreachersSon: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:

Please what kinds of PDF do you use? And how do you practice?
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by bizhop01: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2019
80kobo:
Yes you can. There's this guy in Port Harcourt that did when Android phones were not as powerful as they are now, Elvis he used to have an account on our site.
Are you sleeping?
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by etoluw: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2019
FREELANCERSAMM:
Or icode go server also works
i'll try that also palapa uses lighttpd instead of apache
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Rammycares(f): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2019
kingjosephat:
Please can I advance my knowledge of graphics design on my Android phone.
I will appreciate if I can get the names of some offline app that will put me through.
Thanks

I wish someone can talk more on this , so that some us can learn .
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by yanabasee(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2019
MountainView:
It depends, maybe you can learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript with your Android device, cos that's how I started back then, 5 years ago with my BB curve 7, beyond that, you really need a laptop or Desktop.

Can you tell me the offline apps that you used? Thanks
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Texty: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Idonweak:
I don't have a laptop, and i don't have money to get one for now. So i want to know if i can learn using my andriod phone. Thanks

There is droidedit look for the pro version....
There is programminghub but it is limited cause you gotta pay...
There is codepen.io you can test your codes there but just have small data like the one you use on nairaland ...
For learning there is w3school.. sololearn.... programminghub
Sites to download pdf inbox me and ill let you know......just inbox and I'll give you details cause I used phone to code before I got lappy
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by MountainView: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
yanabasee:

Can you tell me the offline apps that you used? Thanks

It was for BB then
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Bejusttoall: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Nice thread
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by pinkguy(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
I love this
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by teejayahmed(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Interesting topic. Please where will you guys recommend one go to for this guidance/training.
NB: I work weekdays and only available during the weekend. Also have a laptop.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by ZinoFasisi: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Venzee:

Bro plss can i forward u my mail for d pdfs?
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by queenblossom(f): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
Generalsamm:

Bro...am also facing the same predicament, pls can u put me through on how to go about it sir or better still if u can just tell me the names of those apps so i can download them right away sir. Thanks in anticipation.

Why not go to UDEMY website and learn programing instead of stressing yourself.
Re: Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone? by Seunpaul01(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
luvyaself95:
Yes, you can learn programming on your phone but it have limitation and that why i go all mean to get a laptop.
with the help of
Aide java / ndk support
Cxxdroid
pydroid
you can reach some goals.

Any relevant app or tutorial help for laptop owner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Web Development: How Much Will It Cost To Learn? / 6 Signs Your PC Is About To Crash / Poly Network Hacker Returns $342 Million Of Stolen Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.