Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Origin Of Various Igbo Clans - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of Various Igbo Clans (73231 Views)

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 3:21am On Jun 26, 2011
Abagworo,

You confirmed my suspicion, following many posts chronologing the firm evidence of Yoruba as a proto-Semitic people, that Igbo will soon come up with a manufactured version of a biblical root.

Yes you did!! Lmao!
So what happened to the light skinned, inventive and entreprenaurial Jewish link? That's no longer tenable?

Well, let's see how long this Eri story stand the test of newly manufactured discoveries.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Abagworo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Abagworo,

You confirmed my suspicion, following many posts chronologing the firm evidence of Yoruba as a proto-Semitic people, that Igbo will soon come up with a manufactured version of a biblical root.

Yes you did!! Lmao!
So what happened to the light skinned, inventive and entreprenaurial Jewish link? That's no longer tenable?

Well, let's see how long this Eri story stand the test of newly manufactured discoveries.

What I did was to research and copy and paste history written by the indigenes of the various groups.I am not the source of the story.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ezeagu(m): 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
Do you think you're writing to a functional thinking human being?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2011
This discaimer should have opened the topic before you posted your first entry.

This is fable, clutching at straws to forcibly create an inexistence past!
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro-Nts, you don't understand this topic at all.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2011
Clarify it for me
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
It's not hard. Many Igbo (mainly diaspora) are ignorant of the diverse origins of the various now 'Igbo' clans. This topic is just to share that information, the information written by indigenes of the various diverse groups themselves.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2011
On the surface it appears as nothing more than a goodwill act, a genuine interest by a people to learn and share their ancestral and origin records. Beneath the surface it contains loads of attempt to discredit the ancestry of others and lay claim to their roots.

Go and read the topic on "Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo" and you see many recalls in the story.

Left unchallenged, these recalls would have stuck as authentic claims legitimized by a written fable.

Listen above to what Afrodiva said, hear her grievance about what Igbo is doing and why they need to distance from you.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ezeagu(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
Are you not smart enough to get it, everything written here is from natives of the place being mentioned. What's difficult in understanding that?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
The sea is a one body of water comprising of many springs and rivers contributing their tributaries to the pool.

Do you understand that?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro-Nts, you are either not using your brain or you are just over-thinking this entire thing, because I really do not get what is so difficult to understand about it; but that's just me.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2011
Well, let's talk "brain"!

What you are saying is that they are "complemental" records. In other words, each aspect of the origin is what the individual author submitted as their ancestral record. That is, they are "lateral". They are not authored from the center and then distributed top-to-bottom as the authentic history.

Am I correct, is this your position?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
The accounts given were not given as "complemental". Instead, they were written/recorded variously by indigenes themselves, for their own people. It was not a collaborative effort by the Igbo to pool together their write-ups and submit; nothing like that. Rather, each of these is gotten from different, individual, separate , non-collaborative sources. No center; nothing going top-to-bottom.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Chyz3: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2011
Abagworo:

It is quite wrong to assume than study.I suggested something and rather than do that you came out to assume that I am against your recently manufactured tradition of origin.Ekpeye traditionally worships thesame God with Abiriba and Arochukwu.Obini Ukpabi.That suggests early interaction.

I am of the school of thought that Ekpeye is the only Igbo related language that can stand on its own as separate but similar in every respect.I live with a lot of them and hear the language.They are distinct just like Itsekiri is to Yoruba.

My own belief on Ekpeye is that it consists of three group of people viz Igbo,Ijaw and Edo with Igbo and Ijaw being majority.Edo is the least significant.It is highly probable that the only Edo blood is in the kingship lineage.Note that I am not an authority in Ekpeye history so I just gave an analysis based on association with Ekpeyes,

Ekpeye dialect/language:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koxYanBnUJ0&feature=player_embedded#at=111[/flash]
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2011
If it wasn't so, relative to the source looking out to the world, it was made so when Abagworo facilitated it, relatively as a world looking in to the source.

This pool you now have is forever a new awareness in consciousness.

You can tell this from the various responses, "It is a new knowledge".

The new knowledge provides details from which to draw a total "Igbo" map on the terrain.

Nothing wrong if that terrain is not also claimed by someone else. If it is, then one of the sides is not truthful about their claims.

What if a contending side just choose not to challenge the Igbo claim? By default that's an Igbo land.

Given the challenges already raised and some of the recalls in the story, it raises suspicion and discredits the position that this is an isolated and uncoordinated effort, albeit, this is a calculated move. . . . an Imperial grab!
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Chyz3: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

If it wasn't so, relative to the source looking out to the world, it was made so when Abagworo facilitated it, relatively as a world looking in to the source.

This pool you now have is forever a new awareness in consciousness.

You can tell this from the various responses, "It is a new knowledge".

The new knowledge provides details from which to draw a total "Igbo" map on the terrain.

Nothing wrong if that terrain is not also claimed by someone else.  If it is, then one of the sides is not truthful about their claims.

What if a contending side just choose not to challenge the Igbo claim?  By default that's an Igbo land. 

Given the challenges already raised and some of the recalls in the story, it raises suspicion and discredits the position that this is an isolated and uncoordinated effort, albeit, this is a calculated move. . . . an Imperial grab! 

A case of crying more than the so-called bereaved. Lol
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by abagoro(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2011
@negro nts.What I think you failed to understand is that each of those history was taken from the site of the indigenes.Abiriba,Nnewi,Nri,Awka etc.
If I want to add Ekpeye,I will just go to Ekpeye.com and copy and paste what they have there.

Your reactions is supicious and might be aimed at derailing the thread but I will seek for more sources and still put them down.You aim to assume that all Igbos must be of the same origin and any one not of that origin is not Igbo.Igboland is far from singular origin and that is why the boundary of what is Igbo is very difficult to draw.

So just read and educate yourself about this fascinating conglomerate of various nations united by similarity in language.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro-Nts, I don't get what is so difficult to understand. There was never a pool of information. All of what you've read was separately and individually collected, recorded, written, by various indigenes of and for the various, respective groups at various times. It is not connected with the idea of identifying 'Igbo' terrain, because all of these groups do not claim a single or 'Igbo' origin. Instead, all this information is a way for the respective indigenes to preserve their traditions of origin for their respective people/group. Do understand what I'm saying here? It is completely different than what you've been posting in this topic.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
Abagoro,

I understand the independent creation and separate residal of the materials.

What was your purpose or need for congregating them?

By their congregation you have escalated and congregated what previously were disparate challenges and local disputes to the reccord.

But bottomline, why the need for this new centralized record, were their existence at local portals insufficient?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Ngodigha: 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Abagoro,

By their congregation you have escalated and congregated what previously were disparate challenges and local disputes to the reccord.

But bottomline, why the need for this new centralized record, were their existence at local portals insufficient?
monkey paw, it's high time you quit attacking every Igbo centred thread in this forum. Monkey shitt eating slut, why question the centralisation of Igbo when other big ethnic groups in Nigeria have emerged in the same tradition?. Mental shitt-brain, you are one of those dimwits that dream Igbo on daily basis. Get a life motherphucking lunatic.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2011
Lmao!!! The bruteness can't stay down too long without rearing its head.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Ngodigha: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Lmao!!! The bruteness can't stay down too long without rearing its head.
Monkey, shut up your stinking mouth and quit chatting crap where you are not required, monkey shitt-eater.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2011
When Igbo barks his unsettling fear back at me for an expressed view, that's feedback to say my voice and views are relevant and effective in arousing his fear.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Ngodigha: 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

When Igbo barks his unsettling fear back at me for an expressed view, that's feedback to say my voice and views are relevant and effective in arousing his fear.

Lil niggi, you are not Igbo and as a result, you have been chatting crap asyour views are not relevant in this thread. Castrated baboon, go and wag your tail in other threads and jump off from this thread, butt munching aszhole.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2011
Ngodi,

What are u afraid of? Tell me, ill give a good response, you might not agree with my view but ill answer your fears.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Ngodigha: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Ngodi,

What are u afraid of? Tell me, ill give a good response, you might not agree with my view but ill answer your fears.
My asz, what fear are you talking about?. I joined this thread to beat the stupidity out of your mental mind that hates anything Igbo. You only come here to display your hatred of a group and also to show how dimwitted you are. Get a life cow phucker.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
But you can't beat me. You can bark from now till next month and not have any impact on my response or participation. Maybe you don't know that. Or do you?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by Ngodigha: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

But you can't beat me. You can bark from now till next month and not have any impact on my response or participation. Maybe you don't know that. Or do you?
Shameless monkey, you now feel happy that you have recorded victory in derailing this thread. Anyway, continue with your imbecility and pray that I don't catch you any other time am around. What you have experienced from me today is just a sample. I hope you get that, male slag anuz lover.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2011
I don't take many things here on NL that seriously, but even I have my limits. . .

Negro_Ntns:

Abagoro,

Negro-Nts, I know your not blind.

First Post; First Page of this Topic
[quote="Abagworo"]I believe that Igbos outside the Southeast need to have knowdledge of Igbos generally.[/quote]

Thirteenth Post; First Page of this Topic
[quote="Abagworo"]Bashr should read from here and stop his nonsense assumptions about a singular ancestor of all Igbos.[/quote]

Are you just looking for stuff to say Negro-Nts?
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:23am On Jun 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns has an ability to talk nonsense. he called me a man-lover & an imposter in 1 of d other thread, d uncivilized monkey. angry angry
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by NegroNtns(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2011
It is useless looking for just anything to say. I look for substance.

You are answering for the author of the topic.

There is a surface and an underlying reason he posted, I am querying the underlying but you are responding with the surface.
Re: Origin Of Various Igbo Clans by ChinenyeN(m): 12:44am On Jun 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

There is a surface and an underlying reason he posted, I am querying the underlying but you are responding with the surface.
Here is your problem. You assume too much. If you are at all familiar with Abagworo and his posts here on NL, then you would know better than to say such a thing as this. You are wasting your time looking for something that is not there, but apparently, it is too late for you to see that, since you have so much so admitted to your own conviction of some [non-existent] underlying reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / 4 Northern Nigeria Elites Whose Daughters Don’t Wear Hijab (pictures) / Ooni Ogunwusi Acquires Royce-Rolls 2016 Delivered To Him Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.