Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia (25008 Views)

Nigeria Air Force Acquires 18 Attack Helicopters From US, Turkey / Army Orders 36 Cayuse Warrior Plus Helicopters From US / FG To Take Delivery Of Six Attack Helicopters From Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by MikkySexy23(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
Russia government are very clever, they invited all the dull head Africa leaders to their country, just to show case what they can sell. Russia don’t need anything from us, they just want to do what the west has done to us for years, the same things China is doing, make money and improve their own economy in the process.

Don't get it twisted. The World Powers are China and Russia, no one can trust that 'egomaniac' Trump again.. plus how much worth of weapon had USA sold to us to fight insurgency, NOTHING!! Rather they slam us with embargoes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by bayelsaowei(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
To buy or just bought?? Our government is always in the future tense...
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Vixlot: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
maasoap:

This is an acknowledgement of good governance from a chronic hater. We had one dullard who earmarked 2.1 billion dollars for this same purpose but ended up given order for the money to be shared among PDP thieves to secure second term in office.
Concerning our deal with USA, go back and read the delivery timeline again. Half education is a disease

You will never see Reno commend anything good, Inasmuch it's not PDP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by bigtt76(f): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
These ones are just buying aircrafts they will refit and be using to ferry VIPs upandan cheesy cheesy

Tiwaz2:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailysabah.com/defense/2019/10/24/russia-lands-bombers-in-south-africa-sells-helicopters-to-nigeria/amp
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Psalmistproject: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
CAN THIS GOVERNMENT GIVE US AN INVENTORY OF THE FUNCTIONAL MILITARY HELICOPTERS WE HAVE CURRENTLY IN NIGERIA.??

GOD!!!! I HOPE SOME PEOPLE NEVER SELL AM OR HIRE AM GIVE NEIGHBORING COUNTRY MAKE THEM USE DEY MAKE RETURNS FOR THEIR OWN POCKET.

I VISITED AN AIRFIELD RECENTLY AND WAS TOLD WHAT IT TAKES TO MAINTAIN JUST ONE HELICOPTER..

GUYS YOU WILL MARVEL.

BUT NEVER THE LESS I FEEL THE GOVT IS AT IT AS USUAL, TALKING BIG GAME FOR THE CAMERA WHILE THEIR TESTICLES ARE PUBLICLY DANGLING with DISGUST.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

Has not been led how?

Yar'adua you all laud was in office when our Number 1 export enjoyed a high as well Nigeria ran a 1 party state with everyone in PDP.

There was no discord because no one felt bitter about electoral loss.

What superb economic policy did he put in place and when was this reversed?

I daresay, had Yar'adua lived, he would have been vilified as other presidents before and after him.

Lol... You need to do more research on his 8 year stint as Katsina state governor... Unlike Buhari who verbally claims to have integrity, the former had integrity speaking for him...

I am nonpartisan, hence easy to recognize true leaders when I see them...

Please, let's not even argue about this, cos the past is past... But, the day a true leader ascends Aso Rock, the transformation of this nation will astound you... And it will happen within a tenure. Enough said.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:
The question is, is Rwanda capable of a one trillion dollar deal?

Bear in mind the entire GDP of Rwanda is a mere 9 Billion dollars.
oga the 1trillion isn’t spent immediately it’s span stretches for a period of years and it doesn’t have to do with Rwanda GDP , please how much is our gdp that we keep borrowing up and down to fund projects that never gets to be completed for years ? it’s true Rwanda is setting up a nuclear power plant....the deal is an exchange deal it’s all over foreign newspapers
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by voltron14: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

Lol... You need to do more research on his 8 year stint as Katsina state governor... Unlike Buhari who verbally claims to have integrity, the former had integrity speaking for him...

I am nonpartisan, hence easy to recognize true leaders when I see them...

Please, let's not even argue about this, cos the past is past... But, the day a true leader ascends Aso Rock, the transformation of this nation will astound you... And it will happen within a tenure. Enough said.

There is no magic wand.

Those who often say they aren't partisan usually are.

I remember vividly how Yar'adua was lampooned for saving Katrina state funds whilst the state cried out for infrastructure.
Afterall, there6s no denying there was inadequate healthcare provision.

To say when an angel would get into office is to believe opposition would suddenly buy into governance in the country.

For me, Buhari has done well considering the Nigerian context.

The populace can choose to overlook the opportunities he presents and can continue buying into the narrative of political detractors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
MikkySexy23:

Don't get it twisted. The World Powers are China and Russia, no one can trust that 'egomaniac' Trump again.. plus how much worth of weapon had USA sold to us to fight insurgency, NOTHING!! Rather they slam us with embargoes.
in your mind it’s china and Russia in your little world...America will keep being the world power by proxy they don’t need to sell military gadgets to keep been the world power the movies you watch where is it from? The debit card you use who owns it ? The https and ssl security on the website you visit? I am sure you owns twitter and Instagram? I am sure you fly Boeing when you travel? I am also sure the news you listen to is also American ? Russia and China are just covering little countries and securing little deals America don’t need to patronize little countries they control the whole worlds economy they have gone beyond little juicy deals under the table with African countries they control us by proxy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by voltron14: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
Blackvic1:
oga the 1trillion isn’t spent immediately it’s span stretches for a period of years and it doesn’t have to do with Rwanda GDP , please how much is our gdp that we keep borrowing up and down to fund projects that never gets to be completed for years ? it’s true Rwanda is setting up a nuclear power plant....the deal is an exchange deal it’s all over foreign newspapers

Some of you are quite frustrating to engage.

It is not everything worth arguing.

Common sense should tell you an economy worth 7 billion dollars would need approximately 125 years to generate 1 trillion dollars.

So all the wealth generated by all of Rwanda would be used to finance a singular deal with a singular country for 125 years?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

Common sense should tell you an economy worth 7 billion dollars would need approximately 125 years to generate 1 trillion dollars.

So all the wealth generated by all of Rwanda would be used to finance a singular deal with a singular country for 125 years?
grin
you don’t know the terms and conditions on the deal so let’s agree to disagree African countries are forever indebted to the whites with deals they don’t bother to study and do an evaluation on,same thing is happening to Cameroon with the French where France takes almost 60-70% of there revenues every year
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Organs(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
signature2012:
Ok.

The difference between a leader and a ruler.
\

Chai, this Buhari win pepper una enter the marrow....... The hate and resentment nogo give una high BP so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

grin
actually France is still colonizing 21 countries in Africa by signing shady deals they never bordered to read or study and they still pay taxes for France doing absolutely nothing for them maybe few roads and military weapons
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by voltron14: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
Blackvic1:
you don’t know the terms and conditions on the deal so let’s agree to disagree African countries are forever indebted to the whites with deals they don’t bother to study and do an evaluation on,same thing is happening to Cameroon with the French where France takes almost 60-70% of there revenues every year

Please just stop it.

I've told you to use common sense but what you've chosen are sentiments.

Sigh.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by voltron14: 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
Blackvic1:
actually France is still colonizing 21 countries in Africa by signing shady deals they never bordered to read or study and they still pay taxes for France doing absolutely nothing for them maybe few roads and military weapons

You guys should learn to respect yourselves.

Do you think you're more intelligent than everyone inTogo, say?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by kvngtomi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2019
After all these publicity stunts, they will still come out and shout the fight is no more physical, it is spiritual. Nigeria ehn, na God go help us.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by explosiveskull(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
Johans1991:
waiting for children of hate like you to raise ur head. No more Python dance, na helicopters dance
Na your mama blokus the helicopter pilot go use train and test the hellfire missiles slowpoke.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Facidio: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Our airforce will still crash them
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

You guys should learn to respect yourselves.

Do you think you're more intelligent than everyone inTogo, say?

its not about been intelligent, do Africans respect themselves? We should stop been biased the day we accept we have problems is the day we change because it’s hard for someone that sees nothing wrong in what he or she does to actually change ....look at what African leaders are doing stashing up cashes abroad buying luxurious properties in foreign countries we actually need the whites to come and develop our countries for us thereby signing deals that will keep us forever indebted to them do you know that China has taken over Burundi’s seaport and a lot of other government properties because they can’t pay back debts?
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
Johans1991:
waiting for children of hate like you to raise ur head. No more Python dance, na helicopters dance

U skipped your drugs?
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Horus(m): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Blackvic1: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
voltron14:

Please just stop it.

I've told you to use common sense but what you've chosen are sentiments.

Sigh.
how much was Zambia’s gdp when China built there seaport and took over it few years later when Zambia couldn’t meet up with the payment the same thing is happening to srilanka African countries sign impossible deals that are not feasible and later fall into unpayable debts
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by maxiflexy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
What happened to the one we have paid USA for and yet to be delivered??

Where is the $1b budgeted for fighting boko haram??

Abegi!!!
stop displaying you ignorance to public glare, 12 Super Torcano jet to delivered by the US in 2020, last time I check, we are still in 2019.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Horus(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Sermwell(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
chrisxxx:
Buhari never forgets any gesture good or bad. Russia has been compensated for their support and roles played during Nigerian/Biafran war.
see this goat!! was buhari the head of state during the civil war?? what compensation are you talking about??
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Jimi24: 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
am not understanding?
there is no ammunition in the inventory
and there are going to purchase jets
una never fight 4 ground finish na air una dey go fight cheesy cheesy cheesy
boko-haram right now is like grin

The Nigerian Army has ammunition in inventory. They have spent more than $200m from Excess Crude Account to order ammunition, base security equipment, surveillance equipment, about 35 tanks MBTs, about 30.MRAPs and many IFVs. Some have arrived, some will take six months and some will take two years.
How do I know?
I know because the former minister of defence said it clearly and openly but most Nigerians are either too dumb or too lazy to follow things only to display ignorance on social media.

Nigeria is being even very very clever with armoured vehicles. We are making 75% of all vehicles that NA will use while importing only turret and guns

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by StevenOba: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
Angelfrost:

Calm down sir.... Rwanda has a far better leader than your country.

This is not hate or lack of patriotism... This is an undeniable fact!!!
Baba don't say what you have no concrete information about. He has been president since 2000 with each election having him polled 90-99% of the vote everytime, he is not there solely because his people love him , he is there because he rules with fear. He may have transformed the country after the genocide , but he had also used that excuse to justify his very strong armed and murderous rule.

You have no idea the freedom you enjoy in Nigeria atleast you can freely go online and insult PMB all you like, if you try that with Kagame you will be disappeared. Sites like Nairaland with its cloak of anonymity cannot even run in Rwanda unless it's pro-government. Trust me when I tell you this with a strong political will we can vote in a leader of our choice and if he bleeps up we can vote him out. You can't try that with Kagame any form of critics or opposition are dealt with ruthlessly . Even being on exile can't save you from his network of Assassins ( Patrick Karegeya paid that ultimate price).
Nigeria is more than Buhari. Paul Kagame is Rwanda
Be careful what you wish for.
That my brother is an undeniable fact.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by chrisxxx(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sermwell:

see this goat!! was buhari the head of state during the civil war?? what compensation are you talking about??
Where is the goat? I have less blame for you since a goat would wrongly and erroneously see whatever as same thing. Please I am a human and not the goat you are. For your information government is a continuum. Obasanjo settled Cameroun with Bakassi. Britain has been benefiting all this while. You may reach me for a history class if not for your mental incapacity.
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Jimi24: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Blackvic1:

Pls stop this. Social media is open but you guys need to develop some intellect and power of discrimination. Dont just open your minds to mis-information. How could $1 trillion nuclear plant make sense? . The most annoying thing is Nigeria had an agreement on nuclear power with Russia even before Rwanda.

Before this Rwandan President (Paul Kayaked) cane to power, Nigeria had established a road map to nuclear power. We started during the military era.
Stop loathing your country out if ignorance or politics. Get some education before spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by gbishman: 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
America gradually loosing it's grip on the world, I'd very good tidings
Re: Nigeria To Buy 12 Attack Helicopters From Russia by Abohboy: 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
signature2012:
Ok.

The difference between a leader and a ruler.

That's fake news on average it should not cost more than 8 billion dollars to build a nuclear power plant in fact rosatom the people who are supposed to build it have confirmed there was no 1 trillion dollar deal

Plus 1 trillion dollars is enough money to develop the whole of East and Central Africa pave all the roads build railway, provide electricity and water give them free houses all of that would probably amount to 1 trillion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano / Over 2, 000 Boko Haram Terrorists Force Soldiers To Flee Lake Chad / Saraki Hosts IGP, Mohammed Adamu, Over Police Reform Bill (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.