Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics (64671 Views)

46 Migrants Found Dead In Tractor-Trailer In Texas / Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) / Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by iamawara(m): 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
ajebuter:

Bros, civilized countries and people dont post pictures of dead people because they are aware the dead must be respected..

We should do thesame here and always respect the dead by not posting their pictures..

We dont need to see their dead bodies to ' confirm' the authenthicity of the story, like it is done on Nairaland..

No offense intended

Hello ma. This is Nairaland and that was why I peeped and requested for the pictures.
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by einsteine(m): 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
China is still a developing country.

It is not by the size of the economy, it is by the level of living.

China needs to be the biggest economy in the world to even have half the standard of living that Western Europeans, Americans, and Canadians have. You won't see Japanese people getting into cold trucks to smuggle themselves to Europe.

5 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by FroshJaynex(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
A country who respect humans than cows whether dead or alive

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Guestlander: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
post=83448733:

This is just so sad.
All for this 'i must go to the abroad' matter.

Definitely not only Africans do this.
Sad.

Nobody wants to leave his home country just for the sake of leaving. They all left in search of better life for themselves or their children.
R.I.P to them and numerous Africans who died in similar circumstances.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Guestlander: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
einsteine:
China is still a developing country.

It is not by the size of the economy, it is by the level of living.

China needs to be the biggest economy in the world to even have half the standard of living that Western Europeans, Americans, and Canadians have. You won't see Japanese people getting into cold trucks to smuggle themselves to Europe.

There are over 1 billion Chinese, the number of poor people in China is probably more than the population of Canada.

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Vixlot: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
angry

There are many Nigerians who come here and shout that Nigeria is a zoo.

Well, what do you call this one?

And many of these Nigerians will be saying that China is better. Some even think that we should be like China too!

Safe to say...China issa ZOO.

Peter Obi China
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
Vixlot:

Peter Obi China

Peter Obi may be a joke, but what he said about CHina is right...China is no paradise...but once upon a time, its GDP was less than Sierra Leone. Industries prospered it.

China still has the poverty issue. No matter how prosperous, countries still have to fight poverty.

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by raphy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
i already knew in my own thinking that it was peoples trying to enter the country illegally..

even if it was a Nigerian that see a ship going to Europe today they will rush in and sink it down.

blame austerity not migrants.

may there soul R.I.P amen.

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by adedayourt(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Explorers:
The Mayor of Thurrock Terry Piccolo, Superintendent Craig Saunders and Chief Inspector Claire Talbot (left to right) sign the Book of Condolence opened in the Council Chamber of Thurrock Council in Grays today.

London to Belfast, people gathered with candles and many bowed their heads as they thought of the dead.

This is a country.

Where lives are valued

5 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Leeprince: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Poverty everywhere, only God can save.. R.i.p to the dead

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by degamemaster(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
See Nigerians writing RIP to Chinese dead migrants and also many people saying RIP but fellow Nigerians have drowned in the Mediterranean in countless times and numbers but couldn't get a RIP from Nigerians or the world rather they got insults and blames like why did they leave the country and all sorts of bla bla bla... but because these ones are Chinese and "super humans", people are now writing RIP everywhere. That reminds me of "pray for France" when we have refused to pray for our fellow country men and women killed by buhari and boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by realestniggah: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
midnighter:

They are transporting chilled goods, they cant off it unless they want the cargo to spoil. This one was transporting biscuits

Plus at times the driver doesnt know those people have hidden thmselves inside there

If you read the article you will know they used these refrigerating truck to aviod thermal detection.

4 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by realestniggah: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
jidemoh:
I smell a rat.

Who in his sanest mind would want to be transported in a chilling container all the way from China to the UK?

Na 2 hours journey?

To aviod thermal detection at the terminal

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by midnighter(f): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
realestniggah:

If you read the article you will know they used these refrigerating truck to aviod thermal detection.

What has that got to do with what I said? Does that mean they can off the refrigeration? Go back and read my comment yourself before quoting me.

By the way they can use other technology to detect people but that Belgian port is known for having lax security.

Why didnt they check for CO2 levels? Why didnt they use sniffer dogs like they do at Calais?

At times there will be thousands of shipping containers passing though unsupervised with only a few staff to check them. Does it make sense to you?
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by realestniggah: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
midnighter:

What has that got to do with what I said? Does that mean they can off the refrigeration? Read the article yourself.

By the way they can use other technology to detect people but that Belgian port is known for having lax security.

Why didnt they check for CO2 levels?

Yeah they can but that defeat the purpose of using that type of truck in the first place.

The goal is to get their body cold enough to aviod thermal imaging camera.

I guess the temperature in the truck was too cold and ended up killing them.. Not to forget lack of adequate oxygen

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by ajl: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
kinibigdil:
I thought they say China is a developed country? This is just to tell you human migration is just a normal thing in life, people will always want to move seeking a greener pasture

China's population is 1.4 billion. Its virtually impossible for all these people to live above the poverty line. Every society has its share of the rich and poor. Even in US cities the streets are filled with homeless people. Just that proportion of poor is less than in third world countries.

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by midnighter(f): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
realestniggah:

Yeah they can but that defeat the purpose of using that type of truck in the first place.

The goal is to get their body cold enough to aviod thermal imaging camera.

I guess the temperature in the truck was too cold and ended up killing them.. Not to forget lack of adequate oxygen

You are confused.

Nobody will turn refrigeration off in his own truck when he is being paid to transport cargo to a destination

The driver is not the person smuggling them. Human traffickers and smugglers either break the container and put people inside before the driver picks it or pay/force the driver to allow people inside

Nobody is using his own truck to smuggle people. They are doing their own transport business, moving meat and cold foods and smugglers capitalise on it

The people inside either suffocated or froze to death because they were misinformed about the journey or they were delayed. and they didnt carry hammers to break themselves out of the container if the material will allow it

1 Like

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by ajl: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Stephendeals:
shocked

The same chinkos that our armed forces run patrol for, harassing and oppressing citizens for them here

They too are looking for escape from the Great China...

Singing ire--- as i walk outta the thread

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
That’s What I Thought, Before I Took The Ride ....

You see, most of those Chinese you see working in Nigeria are prisoners sent by China to make money for the government. They also get a cut too at the end of their prison term. Obviously they can't run any where in Nigeria because its certain their passport would have been taken away from them. A Taxify driver who used to work in a Chinese company in Nigeria mentioned to me that his boss told him this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Treasure17(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
They lost their lives while seeking for a better life and comfortability. May the departed souls rest in peace...

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by pacespot(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
The spillover from the chinophobia going on in the West, which is now playing out in USA-China trade war

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Akolawole(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
kinibigdil:
I thought they say China is a developed country? This is just to tell you human migration is just a normal thing in life, people will always want to move seeking a greener pasture

My thought too. Considering how much Peter Obi was painting the China few months ago.
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by pacespot(m): 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
kinibigdil:

There are also migrants coming to China from other countries, should we say those migrants' countries are poor? No. Human migration has been going on for thousands of years.

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by drakeli: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
angry

There are many Nigerians who come here and shout that Nigeria is a zoo.

Well, what do you call this one?

And many of these Nigerians will be saying that China is better. Some even think that we should be like China too!

Safe to say...China issa ZOO.
All they see about China is Beijing and Shanghai on tv. Let them visit the interior of China and see poverty and even places with no electricity in the same hyped up china

5 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Mcuzy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Who else noticed the difference between their police cars and ours undecided
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by drakeli: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
pacespot:

There are also migrants coming to China from other countries, should we say those migrants' countries are poor? No. Human migration has been going on for thousands of years.

British, American, Australian immigrants would no smuggle themselves into China in the back of a truck. They are majorly tourist and business executives or people on work transfer program

4 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by DexterousOne(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
ajebuter:

Bros, civilized countries and people dont post pictures of dead people because they are aware the dead must be respected..

We should do thesame here and always respect the dead by not posting their pictures..

We dont need to see their dead bodies to ' confirm' the authenthicity of the story, like it is done on Nairaland..

No offense intended

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mcuzy:
Who else noticed the difference between their police cars and ours undecided

The policing budget for the UK 12.3 BILLION pounds.

Nigeria's total budget for this year: 21,572,104,000 (22BILLION pounds.)

If you want those nice police cars here for Naija...make we spend half our budget on JUST THE POLICE!...forget other sectors.

1 Like

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by realestniggah: 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
midnighter:

You are confused.

Nobody will turn refrigeration off in his own truck when he is being paid to transport cargo to a destination

The driver is not the person smuggling them. Human traffickers and smugglers either break the container and put people inside before the driver picks it or pay/force the driver to allow people inside

Nobody is using his own truck to smuggle people. They are doing their own transport business, moving meat and cold foods and smugglers capitalise on it

The people inside either suffocated or froze to death because they were misinformed about the journey or they were delayed. and they didnt carry hammers to break themselves out of the container if the material will allow it

So you are saying the driver of that truck is innocent and completely oblivious to the human at the back of his truck? sad sad

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Btruth: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
..... is UK worth dying for?
Why not stopped at Germany or France? Those countries are more better than UK.
RIP to the dead.
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
If China build their belt road, problem go dey o
Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
Btruth:
..... is UK worth dying for?

Why not stopped at Germany or France? Those countries are more better than UK.

RIP to the dead.

UK is percieved as having liberal immigration laws.

Plus the foreign language most of those Chinese people learned at school is very likely English. French and German?? Na...

Finally, the UK is also perceived as being 'less racist'. France has a lot of racist issues (and they sadly pretend they don't ). Germany is even worse, especailly the former Eastern part....outside Berlin, try being a foreigner living there...

3 Likes

Re: 39 Frozen Bodies Found In Refrigerated Trailer In U.K Were Chinese Migrants(Pics by pacespot(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
drakeli:

British, American, Australian immigrants would no smuggle themselves into China in the back of a truck. They are majorly tourist and business executives or people on work transfer program

This is what you were told that those people smuggled themselves inside the truck, do you know the geographical distance between China and the United kingdom? There is no way those migrants could have entered the United kingdom by land, they either entered the country by air or by sea. How come they found themselves behind the truck? Use your inner dissection to judge issues like this. We all know Chinese around the world as adventurous and entrepreneurial people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Birds Are Falling From The Sky In India ( Pics, Video) / Ex-colombian Soldiers, US Bodyguard Involved In Moise's Assassination / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.