Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? (12199 Views)

Nnamdi Ezeigbo Bags Doctorate Degree At ABSU Convocation, Face Of Slot Hails Him / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by bizhop01: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
bad advice Noun isn't the best option for him except he wants to graduate with poor grade, sch without lecturer grin
How university sandwich program take relate with NOUN online degree program?
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by nerorex01: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
So which is the best according to your findings cos I also planned running a programme with NOUN next year since I missed out this year due to poor wages

Zombiekiller010:
bad advice Noun isn't the best option for him except he wants to graduate with poor grade, sch without lecturer grin
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Chicastle: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hotzone:
I did law as second degree in law while I was earning 40k but now I am a proud activist

Bro what was your first degree? because am staring at that Law too. My first is MECH. Eng.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Dasilva10: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:
A friend of mine got a job and also want to further his edu but the Job isn't giving him much time. 2 days off in a week. And they close operations by 4:30pm.

How can he work and still further his Edu?

Please your DETAILED Suggestions would be appreciated.

Tell your friend to try get a degree through Unilag DLI or University of Ibadan DLC. That will be a great move for him. He'll school via the computer and continue his work. For UNILAG, exams a red one yearly. For UI he can write the exams on or off campus, depending on his choice. But, they write their DLC exams at the end of each semester. It's the 21st century, bro. That's not much for a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by wizkidblogger(f): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
online distance learning is available in Nigeria
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by laurelbae(f): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Very possible! If could bag a degree in medlab (regular) , u too can. GOD so kind. Teaching job + studies for 5yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by UniportAgbero: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
aremuforlife:

I am currently studing c.s bsc

Bro pls, I applied for C.s too advice me!
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Dasilva10:

Tell your friend to try get a degree through Unilag DLI or University of Ibadan DLC. That will be a great move for him. He'll school via the computer and continue his work. For UNILAG, exams a red one yearly. For UI he can write the exams on or off campus, depending on his choice. But, they write their DLC exams at the end of each semester. It's the 21st century, bro. That's not much for a problem.

Thanks bro I appreciate the info

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Amatrillion: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Enrol in online university. Nexford university (Washington DC), Atlantic International University (IOWA, US), etc. You will graduate in 2-3 years period. These universities are far better than Nigerian universities. Study at your own pace.
Online study at the comfort of your zone will expose you to many modern courses not offered in Nigerian universities.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by aremuforlife(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
[/quote]3[quote author=UniportAgbero post=83459247]

Bro pls, I applied for C.s too advice me!
It is a normal academic program but it is more of self teaching. You must dedicate at least 3 hours in aday for your academic activities.

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yes it is much possible. National Open University is in every state of the federation. You can go to the nearest Open University Study Centre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Silas6:
Is it true that noun degree is not valued as other degrees?

NOUN Degrees are valued like other degrees because all courses are been accredited and verified by NUC.

If you want to know more about NOUN, send me a message.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by 400billionman: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:
A friend of mine got a job and also want to further his edu but the Job isn't giving him much time. 2 days off in a week. And they close operations by 4:30pm.

How can he work and still further his Edu?

Please your DETAILED Suggestions would be appreciated.

National Open University or Weekend programs running Saturday and Sunday lectures.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Prymestrr(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
Neduzze5:
Who is this one kwanu?

You're getting a whole two days off in a week and you're here complaining...

You close by 4:30pm and you're still here complaining...

Bankers that hardly have any day off, plus close by 7:30pm or even 8PM still further their education and bag other professional certificates as well.

If you no wan work, resign. It won't take more than a day to get a replacement for you.

Nansense!!
Pantner on the beats grin grin
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by neenap25(f): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yes ooo he can do it. I am a mother with children, doing three part time jobs, taking care of kids and home generally and still running my second degree. I'm even their course rep sef.

He should look for a school that will suit his time. Be it online or not. That's it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Zombiekiller010: 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
nerorex01:
So which is the best according to your findings cos I also planned running a programme with NOUN next year since I missed out this year due to poor wages

if you want to study in Noun, you've to be brilliant and have time, i will advice you to make enquiries from Noun student

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Ayus34(m): 4:14am On Oct 26, 2019
Hotzone:
I did law as second degree in law while I was earning 40k but now I am a proud activist
Plz what school?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Isnow: 6:46am On Oct 26, 2019
yes u can..let that off be Friday and Saturday depends...for part times
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by nerorex01: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
OK bro, thanks so much for the advise

Zombiekiller010:
if you want to study in Noun, you've to be brilliant and have time, i will advice you to make enquiries from Noun student
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Dasilva10: 4:00am On Oct 27, 2019
Amatrillion:
Enrol in online university. Nexford university (Washington DC), Atlantic International University (IOWA, US), etc. You will graduate in 2-3 years period. These universities are far better than Nigerian universities. Study at your own pace.
Online study at the comfort of your zone will expose you to many modern courses not offered in Nigerian universities.

Brother please how do one get to apply for these degrees/schools?
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2019
courssy:
UNILAG DLI will be okay for him, lectures are being hold every two saturdays in a month and exams comes up mostly october/november and december..thx

I base in Porthacourt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Scored 330 In The GRE Exam (Part 1) / JAMB 2018- Things To Consider When Choosing A Course/career / What To Do After JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.